Click a thumbnail to see its larger version and description.
Made in the late 1980's. Four special stickers reveal the orientation of their faces.
This version features four special faces stickers:
- Mr. Rubik's signature
- Mr. Rubik's profile of head
- A term C*4^4 indicating the higher number of permutations
- The logo "Rubik's Cube" known from the ITC-version used during the original cube craze.
After employing these colours for years on the Deluxe cubes and the "Rubik's Game" cubes, Ern? Rubik finally declared that Red opposite Orange, White opposite Blue, and Yellow opposite Green, with one corner RBG clockwise, were his "official" colours.
He changed his mind early in the 21st century.
This puzzle came with a number of different packages. This entry shows packages in shape of flat cuboids.
1. For the european market: With texts in french, dutch and german. Images 7-9.
2. For the european market: With texts in german, english and spanish. Images 10-11.
3. For the US-market. Came with golden, silver and red inner packages. Images 12-13.
All three versions show a logo from Matchbox. The front of the closed package is the same for all three subversions.
4. For the US-market: But this one has the same exact box as the Matchbox one but being sold by Western Publishing under their "Golden" brand. Images 14-16.
There are more packages this puzzle was sold in. Please refer to the separate entry with the same name.
Edge length: 57 mm
Weight: 103 grams
Thank you to the following people for their assistance in helping collect the information on this page: Thomas Lohe, D. J. Salvia.
This puzzle can be found in collections of these members:
Found a mistake or something missing? Edit it yourself
or contact the moderator