Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Panorama of Pantazis' puzzle designs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:01 am 

Here is the list with my ideas/designs since I joined the forum. The presented format has the puzzle name(s), followed by the thumbnail(s) and a link.

They are all placed in chronological order, and this should be the reference page for future designs too.

My website also contains similar information for all those puzzles, but the forum links also include some valuable replies, discussions and feedback. :)

Build the Bench & Build the color Bench
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?t=4330

3x3x3 Sticker variations (Calcubes)
viewtopic.php?t=4561

Magic Maze
viewtopic.php?t=4746

Magic Olympic Challenge (Gold, Silver, and Bronze Challenges)
ImageImageImage
viewtopic.php?t=4826

Magic Dino Cube
viewtopic.php?t=4965

Pantazis' Magic Box
viewtopic.php?t=5145

Pantazis' Color Magic Box
viewtopic.php?t=5323

Magic Throne of Gods & Flexibe Tetragon
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?t=5374

Magic Daze & Magic Craze
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?t=5435

Magic Octopus
viewtopic.php?t=5468

Secret of Atlantis (Atlantis Trilogy Part I)
viewtopic.php?t=5513
Solution: viewtopic.php?t=6756

Magic Ultimaze
viewtopic.php?t=5650

Megatwinx
viewtopic.php?t=5697

Sphericube
viewtopic.php?t=6043

Puzzle Magic & Sports Magic
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?t=6058

Magic Line & Magic Strip (Möbius Magics)
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?t=6166

Domino Magic
viewtopic.php?t=6345

Tower of Mahjong
viewtopic.php?t=6377

Memory Cube
viewtopic.php?t=6507

Paragon of Atlantis (Atlantis Trilogy Part II)
viewtopic.php?t=6549

Escape from Atlantis (Atlantis Trilogy Part III)
viewtopic.php?t=6639

Magic Auto
viewtopic.php?t=6705

MagiQ-bert
viewtopic.php?t=6708

Pantazis Sinful Delight
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7246&p=67437

Magic World Cup
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8070

Pantaflips
viewtopic.php?t=7104

Kaleidocode
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8778

Iris Diamond and Iris Diamond Mini
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8842

Eledone from Kastellorizo
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8962

Magic Smile and Magic Style (aka Mr and Mrs Magic)
ImageImage
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9051

Poseidon's Trident
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9651&p=103577

Pantazis' Fearsome Cubedron
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9700

Pantazis' Cybedron
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12966

Pantazis' Puzzle Ninja
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13979

Pantazis' Aquadron
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14046

Pantazis' Kites
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14185

Pantazis' Z8
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14186

Pantazis' Frozen Fruit
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14187

Pantazis' Snow Flake
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14258

Pantazis' Rattle Shake
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14316

Pantazis' Di-Cube
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14963

Pantazis' DoTS
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15531

Also see:
Classification of closed-loop magics with square tiles
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9566

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Last edited by kastellorizo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:40 pm 

aside from your amazing ideas, i love how all of your pictures of your creations have that soccer player bobble head in there. it should be your trademark! (except for the 3x3x3 sticker variations and the Pantazis' Color Magic Box..YOU NEED TO CHANGE THEM NOW! :lol: :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:45 am 

cubester wrote:
aside from your amazing ideas, i love how all of your pictures of your creations have that soccer player bobble head in there. it should be your trademark! (except for the 3x3x3 sticker variations and the Pantazis' Color Magic Box..YOU NEED TO CHANGE THEM NOW! :lol: :lol: )

It is a cute miniature player, isn't it? LOL

The reason I have it there is for dimension comparison. I could use a ruler and be accurate, but I think the pictures are more presentable using this way. :)

I have now also included the Pantaflips link in the top post. Regarding the patent, I have only a few words to say, that is, repeating Julius Caesar's words, who (being inspired by Menandros) said the following two greek words:

"Ἀνερρίφθω κύβος"!

(Translation: "The die has been cast"!)

I still have to wait a bit before revealing anything, but I can safely confirm that I will be bringing a nice prototype to demonstrate at the IPP in one and a half months.

;)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:31 am 

Pantazis,
I'm surprised you haven't made magic with football pitch on it yet! :D
Vadim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:44 am 

Vadim wrote:
Pantazis,
I'm surprised you haven't made magic with football pitch on it yet! :D
Vadim

In the past I was thinking of making a six tile magic with two solutions, one flat (pitch state - and I was planning to use the background from my favourite game: Tehkan World Cup), while the other solved state would look like the goal with the posts, nets and the bar.

I might do it some day, I just might do it!

;)

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:30 am 

kastellorizo wrote:
In the past I was thinking of making a six tile magic with two solutions, one flat (pitch state - and I was planning to use the background from my favourite game: Tehkan World Cup), while the other solved state would look like the goal with the posts, nets and the bar.

I might do it some day, I just might do it! ;)

Pantazis

You can even make it much bigger than 6 tile. Not the actual size of the pitch though!... I hope.
In fact can you imagine one that size for the Guinness book of records? :D
Vadim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:09 am 

Vadim wrote:
You can even make it much bigger than 6 tile. Not the actual size of the pitch though!... I hope.
In fact can you imagine one that size for the Guinness book of records? :D
Vadim

LOL!!!

I made some rough calculations, and it would need almost three million double tiles to make such a humongous magic! And if we assume that connecting two double tiles would take a minute (which is VERY fast), then we are talking about 6 years of continuous stringing...!

And I haven't even mentioned about making, calculating the positions, and placing the paper tiles between the tiles!!! :P

The two English guys who made that 128-tile magic to welcome Rubik probably have the biggest record. I am happy with the Memory cube (54 double tiles) and I don't plan to make a bigger one (sorry Darren LOL).

And since we are talking about European Football, I have been asked several times about who is the figure that poses beside my puzzles. It is a Greek international player whose name is Stelios Giannakopoulos, and who was of extremely importance when Greece won the European Football Championship back in 2004. He currently plays for the English club Bolton, and the reason I chose him to pose beside my puzzles was because he fits my personal style when I play football (I have also won my fair share of trophies when it comes to university tournaments). The Euro Cup victory was regarded as one of the biggest (maybe the biggest?) upset in International Sports history. The Euro Championship is the second most watched event after the World Cup and it also happens every four years. That is, Greece will still be European Champions for one more year, until July 2008! :P

Now if you ask me of how it happened, Greece played like a team, while some countries were trying to use their star players and were overconfident. Greece had (and still has) a terrific German coach, Otto Rehaggel, whose unpredictable tactics made Greece look invincible. The interesting part is, that the victory came without any doping scandals, without bad sportsmanship, without help from the referees, and without qualifying through the ambiguous penalty kick shoot out. It was a victory as clear as crystal. And yes, we *were* lucky. But does anyone know a team which can win a tournament without luck?

;)

Please forgive me for getting off topic for a moment LOL

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm 

I think it's fairly obvious that a Magic made from six million tiles would collapse under its own weight if it was formed into any kind of tower. It's an interesting idea, though...

But what if you made a 6-tile magic with enormous tiles, so that the finished goalpost was just as big as a real one? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:00 pm 

qqwref wrote:
I think it's fairly obvious that a Magic made from six million tiles would collapse under its own weight if it was formed into any kind of tower. It's an interesting idea, though...

Good point, some of my big magics already have some serious weight issues, so there you go. For example, the Memory Cube should be handled with a lot of care, otherwise there could be trouble. And adding another stringing layer could definitely help.

qqwref wrote:
But what if you made a 6-tile magic with enormous tiles, so that the finished goalpost was just as big as a real one? :shock:

Here is a proposal for "Rubik's chair" LOL

viewtopic.php?p=39549#39549

:P

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
and I don't plan to make a bigger one (sorry Darren LOL).

Pembo you there at all and willing to do this yet? I hope!!! Or what ever the heck your name is. Stop changing it on me your giving me a headache. Joking :D :) 8-) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:15 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
Here is a proposal for "Rubik's chair" LOL

viewtopic.php?p=39549#39549

I think it is more Pantazis's Chair than Rubik's Chair!

Last edited by qqwref on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:02 am 

qqwref wrote:
I think it is more Pantazis's Chair than Rubik's Chair!

To put an end to all rumours, if I ever do again a 6-tile or 8-tile (flat square) magic in the near future, it is going to have a chocolate theme...!

On one side there will be white chocolate with corn flake pieces, while on the other side there will be dark chocolate with fruits and nuts (yummy!!!).

Just make sure you don't eat it! Unfortunately this is something I cannot promise to myself, as I have a very sweet tooth... just thinking of it makes me drool!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:48 pm 

Good idea, Pantazis.
I can watch easily your puzzles.

And I have an additiona idea.
If the member's profile can have some additional memo or link or somethingelse, like your contribution, we can watch more easily from member's profile.

Custom puzzlers edit anytime when they contribute or make new puzzles.
And other person can watch from their informations in profile.

... maybe, those idea were existed, merely I didn't know about it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:05 pm 

Hidetoshi wrote:
Good idea, Pantazis.
I can watch easily your puzzles.

Thank you Hidetoshi san. I think this way it can be easier for everyone.
If others would also like to adopt this format or any similar format, it would be lovely.

There are many brilliant builders in this forum, and if everyone of them places a nice list of their creations which were done throughout the years, it will be easier for all to recongnise easier, especially regarding newcomers. And the best person to do such a list of creations, is the creator himself.

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:29 pm 

Kastelwhatever strikes! Nice mods, you really have an obsession with magics :)

I really like the megatwinx, my jaw dropped when I saw that one. It seems fairly simple to do, but it would be such an interesting puzzle to make/buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:36 pm 

Sune2bSub20 wrote:
Kastelwhatever strikes! Nice mods, you really have an obsession with magics :)

I really like the megatwinx, my jaw dropped when I saw that one. It seems fairly simple to do, but it would be such an interesting puzzle to make/buy.

Actually when I made the Megatwinx, I wasn't thinking of a puzzle.

It is made of the first versions of Chinese Megaminx which had very sharp corners. And by rotating by 36 degrees each of the rotatable parts, the puzzle becomes even sharper and capable of causing a lot of damage when thrown towards someone...!

Every puzzle ninja who respects himself should own one! :P
(JUST KIDDING!!!)

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:09 am 

kastellorizo wrote:
Every puzzle ninja who respects himself should own one! :P
(JUST KIDDING!!!)

Pantazis

Oh, crap! I really need to get around to making one of these things. So are you saying that all you did was glue two different pieces together, after you took off the tiles? That sounds simple enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:00 pm 

Sune2bSub20 wrote:
Oh, crap! I really need to get around to making one of these things. So are you saying that all you did was glue two different pieces together, after you took off the tiles? That sounds simple enough...

Everything is simple, once you know how to do it and that you can do it. ;)

Here is a quote from the instructions page of the Columbus Egg Puzzle (which was passed to me by Ed Cambridge):

"Columbus challenged the members of the Royal Court to stand an ordinary egg on its end in such a way that it would not fall over. Non could do it. Columbus shook the egg so hard the yolk broke and flowed to the bottom, thereby shifting the weight and enabling the egg to stand on its base. In doing this, Columbus chastised the Royal Court with these words:

Once you have been shown the way, it is always easy for others to follow, but the first to make the discovery should be honored and respected."

And that should be the way to follow for every single puzzle that some excellent creators present to us in this forum.

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:09 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
Sune2bSub20 wrote:

Everything is simple, once you know how to do it and that you can do it. ;)

Here is a quote from the instructions page of the Columbus Egg Puzzle (which was passed to me by Ed Cambridge):

"Columbus challenged the members of the Royal Court to stand an ordinary egg on its end in such a way that it would not fall over. Non could do it. Columbus shook the egg so hard the yolk broke and flowed to the bottom, thereby shifting the weight and enabling the egg to stand on its base. In doing this, Columbus chastised the Royal Court with these words:

Once you have been shown the way, it is always easy for others to follow, but the first to make the discovery should be honored and respected."

And that should be the way to follow for every single puzzle that some excellent creators present to us in this forum.

Pantazis

Wow... That has to be the most well thought out thing I have ever read on these forums :P

You're right though. People who discover great ideas are great people, in their own great way :)