Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:44 am 

Wow... what did that have to do with anything? Anyways, another example of his posting

Attachments:
File comment: JIMBOB
JIMBOB.PNG
JIMBOB.PNG [ 22.61 KiB | Viewed 1601 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:03 pm 

Skate Addicti0n wrote:
Wow... what did that have to do with anything? Anyways, another example of his posting

Stuff at the top level doesn't really matter. He could have posted just 5 posts for that day. If no one posts after him, of course he'll show up as the last.

Surprise surprise. Not many people were posting on a Sunday morning. I'm sure we can find example of other people who have posted in 5 of the 6 forums within 30 minutes. The only difference would be that they would be posting at the same time as other people, so they wouldn't show up as the last person in all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:10 pm 

blogan wrote:
Skate Addicti0n wrote:

Stuff at the top level doesn't really matter. He could have posted just 5 posts for that day. If no one posts after him, of course he'll show up as the last.

Surprise surprise. Not many people were posting on a Sunday morning. I'm sure we can find example of other people who have posted in 5 of the 6 forums within 30 minutes. The only difference would be that they would be posting at the same time as other people, so they wouldn't show up as the last person in all of them.

when I get in from school, 17:30 usually, I log on here first, and make a few replies, I often get my name in most of those slots, does that make me a spammer?

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:04 pm 

lol Screenshots?

Wow. Come on guys. This needs to stop. Looking at this thread is really funny. This is reflecting ourselves, and not in a good way.
I dunno maybe you guys are having fun with it...

But I look at it this way. Jimbob is going to post the way he does. He does seem to have a passion for puzzles and does want to chat up with other members.

Let him speak his peace and just let it be, cuz I don't think he's going anywhere and wants to post.

I'd rather see his post count go up, than have to read multiple posts about how NOT to post. It just seems very redundant. If it's not him, it'll be some other noob to the forum.

This just seems more stressful than it should be. Just trying to get the last word in to make yourself correct or justified. We all were noobs at one point. Let's get past that and just talk about other things we share and love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:50 pm 

I'm also a noob, I still need some 22 minutes :lol:

Attachments:
Bildd2.jpg
Bildd2.jpg [ 83 KiB | Viewed 1624 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:27 pm 

That last screen shot wasn't as bad as the last one from when i was a noob. This is starting to get funny, i never expected this thread to go on this long. I agree with whoever said the statement that we are reflecting on our selves badly. everyone is different, and i like to talk, a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:28 pm 

I am really bad. Look at me! I post way too much! I may have a posting disorder! Here's proof.

Attachments:
File comment: Posting disorder proof.
posting.PNG
posting.PNG [ 78.85 KiB | Viewed 1578 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:46 pm 

Sausage,

Can this stuff be self incriminating? Ban these nOObs for such horrifying acts. Such postings shouldn't be allowed! :twisted:

hehehe I've said my peace.

Well, what can ya do :?:

[/sarcasm]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:59 pm 

yeah, this should've been a PM to JIMBOB instead of a public discrimination against him. But, if he has something to say in all the subjects, then let him say it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:34 pm 

Very true. It should have been just a PM but now I'm just making a joke and saying that I post too much... by the way that image I posted before was fake...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:42 pm 

he strikes again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:06 pm 

reeeech wrote:
Sausage,

Can this stuff be self incriminating? Ban these nOObs for such horrifying acts. Such postings shouldn't be allowed! :twisted:

hehehe I've said my peace.

Well, what can ya do :?:

[/sarcasm]

You forgot [sarcasm] at the begining. You cant close a html script without opening it first :D

Anyway reeeech what is up with the avatar its kinda strange....

I try to make useful and meaningful posts. I dont post alot (i dont think i do at least, your opinion may be different) I post to try to share my opinions and comments. I post whenever i see an interesting topic and see if i can positively contribute to the converation. The only amount of times ive posted in a forum section was probably 2-3 threads at one time.

I dont see problems with JIMBOBs posts even if he does post a lot. Whenever i am online i dont notice the amounts of posts depicted in the screenshots you have, although i usually log on once in the morning, and a couple times late at night.

EDIT: umm according to his profile he has 0.98 posts a day... According to math that is at least one or two a day, maybe three. and not every single day. Although i have 2 something posts a day. more than him

3x3,4x4,pyraminx,square1,magic,puzzle pen, megaminx, alexanders star, supercube, and orb-it.

Visit my site! http://www.geocities.com/nrt2700/
Supercube solution on it!
Accidentally put a bad link :( its fixed now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 am 
weve all noticed it, but by giving it attention hes just going to end up making more posts about how people don't like him. i may not have been around the last time, but from what i underrstand it was like this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:30 am 

I like you jimbob, mostly because I post even more (highest post per day of any user). But then there are people like pembo who post a lot, and everyone is meaningful.

ps, I thought this thread was dead :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:45 am 

Well, this thread was dead, we decided that people are going to post how they're going to post. Then it was ressurected. Don't ask me why though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:13 pm 

OK,

I think you are taking this way too literally. And then trying not to post just so you won't post xxx amount of posts per day is just ugggg....

The thing is, this place was about posting new ideas, sharing info, etc. about puzzles.

With all the new members recently, this place became a chat forum, not a puzzle forum.

It's just the constant threads/posts that one has to go through to read. It's annoying to read through chat talk, and possibly miss out on what's really need to be read - say a new puzzle is on ebay/up for auction/up for sale. But can easily be missed because there is 1000 posts surrounding it.
Or if someone posts a great post about building something. But then the constant back and forth chatter and takes the topic off topic.

I don't care what you do. It's not like I can do anything about it, nor will you change because that's the person you are.

Just pointing out that this used to be a forum posting about puzzles and was a bit more streamlined. Now it's a lot of chat talk to sift through.

That's all.

I'm not attacking anyone - so please don't take it that way (or the wrong way).

---
on side note - sure I also talk about non puzzles stuff too. It's cool to get to know each other, and talk about our interests. But you don't have to comment on everything, every single post/thread, every single topic, every time something comes in your head.

Pembo has a ton of posts and no one has said anything about him, because he doesn't post one word posts, useless thoughts. He'll add to the thread, add to the info, give you answers, gives you feedback. Plus, he has proven himself - meaning he can give you real life experience feedback. Also, he's not afraid to ask you for help either.
---

Anyway, I just hope everyone understands that's all. This is a community everyone cares about. We welcome everyone, but ya'll have to understand a lot of us don't want to read 100's of posts saying thanks, ok, +1, etc. A lot of us don't have time all day to read through everything, and we don't want to miss important info because we have to sift through tons of posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:53 pm 

James Earl Cash wrote:
OK,

I think you are taking this way too literally. And then trying not to post just so you won't post xxx amount of posts per day is just ugggg....

The thing is, this place was about posting new ideas, sharing info, etc. about puzzles.

With all the new members recently, this place became a chat forum, not a puzzle forum.

It's just the constant threads/posts that one has to go through to read. It's annoying to read through chat talk, and possibly miss out on what's really need to be read - say a new puzzle is on ebay/up for auction/up for sale. But can easily be missed because there is 1000 posts surrounding it.
Or if someone posts a great post about building something. But then the constant back and forth chatter and takes the topic off topic.

I don't care what you do. It's not like I can do anything about it, nor will you change because that's the person you are.

Just pointing out that this used to be a forum posting about puzzles and was a bit more streamlined. Now it's a lot of chat talk to sift through.

That's all.

I'm not attacking anyone - so please don't take it that way (or the wrong way).

---
on side note - sure I also talk about non puzzles stuff too. It's cool to get to know each other, and talk about our interests. But you don't have to comment on everything, every single post/thread, every single topic, every time something comes in your head.

Pembo has a ton of posts and no one has said anything about him, because he doesn't post one word posts, useless thoughts. He'll add to the thread, add to the info, give you answers, gives you feedback. Plus, he has proven himself - meaning he can give you real life experience feedback. Also, he's not afraid to ask you for help either.
---

Anyway, I just hope everyone understands that's all. This is a community everyone cares about. We welcome everyone, but ya'll have to understand a lot of us don't want to read 100's of posts saying thanks, ok, +1, etc. A lot of us don't have time all day to read through everything, and we don't want to miss important info because we have to sift through tons of posts.

Very well said.

Some people tend to take it personal when they are reminded of the rules, and calling others as rude people, while it is them who ignore the rules. The same people spam this forum relentlesly, as if it belongs to them or as if they want to prove something that I don't know what it is.

But the worst part, is that they can't even understand (or pretend not to) what we have just stated... :roll:
(and I expect more meaningless replies even to this post LOL)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:49 pm 

James Earl Cash wrote:

heh, thanks for the postive :)

Umm I am sorry to ask, but who is this? I have lost track of people at 6x6 XD

Like Manhunt huh?

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:56 pm 

Ditto, I didn't know there was a james earl cash on this forum. BTW they're coming out with manhunt 2 even more violent ( I didn't think it was possible Either)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:56 pm 

James Earl Cash = reeeeeeeech

I was confused at first, but I just clicked to see all of posts. Not hard to see its reeeeeeeech after a while! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:05 pm 

joey wrote:
James Earl Cash = reeeeeeeech

I was confused at first, but I just clicked to see all of posts. Not hard to see its reeeeeeeech after a while! :)

hehehe Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't that hard to put the pieces together.

Just realized I recently hit the 6x6x6 mark ;)

I really hate to see people argue about such things. I'd just rather see everyone post that keeps the flow of things. Ya know what I mean? We all want to say and share something. Just keep the flow going and not try to make too many speedbumps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:19 pm 

James Earl Cash wrote:
Just realized I recently hit the 6x6 mark ;)

Congrats reeeech, eh hem... I mean James Earl Cash. Did you change it like xcool did to NoahH because of the whole 1000 post thing thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:29 pm 

Thanks...

No, just felt like something different. I'll eventually change it back. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:27 pm 

James Earl Cash, you inpried me to change my username. I'll upload a new avatar soon. I'll do that when I have 1000 posts actually. Stay James Earl Cash, it's a cooler name than reeeeeech (hope i spelled that right).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:24 pm 

Just to make it easier on you all, I'm not changing when (if?) I reach 1k posts. Hope you don't mind.

So if, after you change your username, I treat you like some random newbie who only makes posts in the off-topic section, just throw me a PM telling me what's wrong. I can't always tell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:08 pm 

I don't have a problem with people changing their avitars whenever they feel like it, but let's don't all start changing our names every so often. There are many people that don't check this forum very often and when they do they only read certain posts. When they see a user with 500+ posts and don't recognize their name, then it gets confusing. If you want to change your name, my suggestion is change it and leave it. Don't keep changing it every so often.

Last edited by Mr.Twisty on Mon May 21, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:10 pm 

JIMBOB wrote:
Do a search on Pembo's posts, and tell me that he don't post one word and useless posts.

Are you seriously going to critic this?

Jeez, I'm sure he's probably got a few of them, but ratio wise, he doesn't have as much as you.

Come on now, why are you compelled to keep doing this Jim?

What have you added to this forum? Seems like nothing but these arguments that keep coming up. :roll:

I'm trying hard to keep the diplomacy here so everyone can enjoy this forum. I see you have been trying. But you just don't stop with these type of posts. You say we are all attacking you. But it is you attacking us by writing these type of posts. We're just asking you to stop doing those type of posts so we could all enjoy this site. Can you please?

Mr.Twisty wrote:
I don't have a problem with people changing their avitars whenever they feel like it, but let's don't all start changing our names every so often. There are many people that don't check this forum very often and when they do they only read certain posts. When they see a user with 500+ posts and don't recognize their name, then it gets confusing. If you want to change your name, my suggestion is change it and leave it. Don't keep changing it every so often.

Mr. Twisty,

Don't worry, I plan to change it back. Just felt like doing something yesterday. Yeah, you are the special one who can get away with this as you did it a looooong time ago ;) :P haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:18 pm 
JIMBOB wrote:
You are so full of it James Earl Cash. Look at this thread, I didn't create it, I haven't even posted in this thread until yesterday. As far as keeping anything going, I have not said anything to anyone until now.

jimbob, when i first came here i made a few posts that i regret now. people were attacking me in every thread i posted for them. But the thing that i did that is different then what you did is i ignored it, and stopped making those posts. after a few days, people forgot or stopped caring about those few posts. just stop doing short, unrelated speed posts and dont respond to criticism. itl go away if you just do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 pm 
JIMBOB wrote:
I did ignore it, but I don't see a thread called emr1028. Also, it don't really bother me, it is just hard to believe that the people on this forum lie about what I have posted.

the reason you don't see a forum about me is because i stopped what i was doing and i din't respond to any critisism. people love to argue by nature, so if you give them an arguement, many people will gladly accecpt. i didn't fight back, so people just stopped caring. also, i apologized, and stopped posting in those threads

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:02 pm 

Jimbob,

relax... I'm not trying to get into a fight with you. I'm not trying to get rid of you either. You seem to like puzzles, and that's why we are all here.

Please you are getting the wrong impression. I'm just saying that we all would like to see less irrelevant type postings. I'm not saying don't post, nor to anyone else. Just remember this isn't a chat forum in the past and we are all not used to this style.

Please continue to post and share your thoughts and opinions. Just try to go with the flow of the topic, even though it does go off topic. It's just time consuming to see replies that are just one word and doesn't offer anything new to the conversation.

I hope you take this to good heart. I'm not trying to bully you. Nor do I speak for everyone. We are all part of this forum, lets just to work together and keep it going strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:58 am 

Regarding Pembo, to my knowledge, he was never involved in an argument, he is very diplomatic and as expected, he has never lost control of his emotions (something which I can't say even for myself LOL).

At the same time, he has posted some constructive criticism and comments which have nice grammar, syntax, and most of the time a lot of witty humor.
(and the interesting part, is that I am not the only one who supports this view).

I am not attacking anyone, I am just trying to clear up the atmosphere.
Some of us may be way older than him, but we could still learn something.

;)

Pantazis

PS. Pembo, I hope my comments were good enough, you may pay me now those 50 quid for our deal LOL

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:32 am 

I thought we agreed on 40?

As for arguments, I did post a few times in the 4x4 method argument thread, but I soon left there when it started to get heated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:59 pm 

Quote:
the reason you don't see a forum about me is because i stopped what i was doing

Attachments:
unnecessary.tiff
unnecessary.tiff [ 120.37 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:43 pm 
i happened to be having simoltaneus convos at one in most of those threads. none of that was spam. and what i was doing wasn't speedposting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:08 pm 

@emr1028- You may want to refer to the thread entitled "Grammar in these Forums". I noticed everything you typed was lower case. No capitals. I certainly try to use proper grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:14 pm 

Skate Addicti0n wrote:
@emr1028- You may want to refer to the thread entitled "Grammar in these Forums". I noticed everything you typed was lower case. No capitals. I certainly try to use proper grammar.

common, it's the internet, this is how we kids type nowadays. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:27 pm 

I'm definitly a big supporter of chat speak and leet, but I still use proper grammar and capitilization in this forum for the benefit of our older members. In fact, most of our members are older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:13 pm 
well i have to disagree. i actually think alot of our members are younger. well actually, i think that we have some people who cubed in the 80s, and some that first cubed later than 2000. as many of us know, the cube recently got a huge popularity jump.there is a second wave starting with teens. and as for my grammar, you really can't expect me to even attempt to write well when it's not being graded, can you? thats an effect of school, you learn all this stuff but it makes you hate alot of it. And the last time i checked, this thread was called jimbob, not emr1028s grammer. feel free to start that thread if you want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:25 pm 

just be your self, if someone doesn't like the way you type they can deal with it .don't hassle yourself because someone else is a crybaby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:03 pm 

emr1028 wrote:
you really can't expect me to even attempt to write well when it's not being graded, can you?

But you are being graded. True, it's not an A->F that's kept on your permanent record, but your reputation in terms of maturity is ranked really low in my view. So if you ever responded to one of my trade requests, guess what? I probably won't choose you, even if what you have seems like the best deal. If you offer something for sale, I probably won't buy it. If I happened to meet you at a cubing event, I probably won't talk to you for long, because I have this preconceived idea how you'll act based on your actions in this forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next