Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 5x3x3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 5:25 pm 

Hi all,

I believe we all think Wayne's 5x3x3 'cubes' are awesome. How many people out there are interested in purchasing or somehow encouraging Wayne to make some for them? If there were a lot of keen people, perhaps we could somehow think of something to make it easier for him?... I dont know, does anyone have any ideas?

James

Post subject: excellent idea
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 5:25 pm 
James I think your idea is excellent. Yes the 5x3x3 looks fantastic and I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones who would be interested in buying one :)

Post subject: What are you willing to pay?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 4:35 am 

I have been making sandblasted glass as a hobby for a long time now. My experience has been and probably always will be that you can never get it's real worth in dollars when you consider all the time invested in it. My only motivation to make these works of art is passion. They have all made their way into the lives of those people who are special to me.
What I am trying to say is, I don't see why someone would invest that much time in a project that has already been conquered when there are many more new and exciting projects to do.
That's my 2 cents worth anyway.......

Post subject: Ahh the pressure! :)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 7:50 pm 

I know I know. People keep asking all the time when I'm going to do them again. I really have to get this octahedron project out of the way and then finish my miniture 5x3x3 thatI have promised someone.

After that I'll look at doing some. By the way, I haven't been dormant. I have someone collecting old 3x3x3s for me to make them.

I can't get my original supply of cubes anymore so my friend is doing is for me and shipping them across on a regular basis. So I have to wait till at least the first lot cubes arrives.