Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mental Block - Japanese Site
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:29 pm 

I finally went ahead and purchased a Mental Block from Katsuhiko Okamoto at the following website

http://isweb41.infoseek.co.jp/play/puzzle3d/index.html

It took some time but it was worth it. The quality of the puzzle is excellent.It came with instructions. All communications were really good. If you want some very well made rare puzzles this is the site (For your information, he is currently not making the Pyracue or Offset Fisher).

Post subject: How Long? How Much?
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 6:04 am 

How long did it take for you to receive it from the time you ordered it and how much did it cost? You can email me if you don't want to disclose it to everyone

Post subject: How Long? How Much?
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 7:22 am 

It took him about 2 months from the time we agreed. I paid only after the puzzle was ready. From what I can tell, it can take him more or less depending on the materials at hand and his available time. More important, it is of good quality which I doubt must of the Milliput variations will be.It cost me a little over $200 US which I think is a really good price for something you will never get otherwise since this will never be made by more than a handful of people in anything other than extremely limited quantities. For all we know, the Dino, Domino and others can show up tomorrow in your neighborhood store. Actually, I did not buy the Trabjers Octahedron because I'm still afrid that Mefferte may produce it .

Post subject: MY mental block
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:22 am 

I was to have a mental block completed by the end of this week, but my supplier screwed me over, and didnt tell me that what i ordered was out of stock. Now i need to wait another 2 weeks for supplies. It should take 2-3 days for one after supplies get here.
They will be nicely made puzzles, but i can probably only make one when i do get the package.

Post subject: pictures?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:07 am 

Could you post pictures of your new mental block? I would like to see it. Thanks

Post subject: Working on it...
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:07 am 

As soon as the junk arrives, ill post pics. It may still be a week or two (maybe 3) for stickering. The first one will probably have to be cut on a paper cutter.