Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Selling Crazy2face CrazyB4cube kits
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:00 am 

I honestly can't believe how much time and effort you've put into these. I never imagined a simple mod like a crazy 2 face would indirectly lead to this sort of thing. It's just incredible. I don't think any of us will ever really appreciate the work you've done. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 pm 

It's easier to do something you think is worthwhile :wink:
But like I've said before too, we're in good company here :)

Cheers Mate,
Burgo.

PB 3x3 55sec Jan 2011 (When I was a kid 1:30 was speedcubing so I'm stoked).
1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:04 am 

I’m happy to say that we’ve finally got to the point of asking for payment for the CrazyB4cube kits. I’ve begun ordering the Shapeways components, but in order to save import duties I’ll need to order them in smaller batches, so they will be coming to me over the course of a few weeks. I will sell the kits on a first to pay first to receive basis, and also depending on when the Shapeways components arrive to me. And if there are kits left over for sale then I will announce it here.

I’ve sent a PM to everybody who is a member here and is on my list. I’m not sure if I will be able to contact everybody on the list because some people aren’t members here and have contacted me through my Youtube or through 3rd parties. If you are a member here, and you should be on the list, but didn’t get a PM, then please contact me now for clarification.

The kits are more expensive than the original kits. The original unexpanded kit was $100 + $25 postage, and I literally made $10 for about 8 hours work on each kit. This kit is expanded with 2x as many hand modded bandaged pieces, and with a completely remodelled core and internals that offer about 14 different face types x6 faces. There are over 100 Shapeways parts. There will be 2 remodelled cores so that you can have 2 puzzles going at once. This isn’t a puzzle, it’s a kit that is added to the MF8 base puzzles to make a huge number of derivative puzzles.

There are even some components that haven’t been announced (in keeping with tradition :) ).

Cheers,
Burgo.

1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:55 am 

Fantastic news Burgo!

I'm very excited about getting this. After seeing the contents of the original kit and drooling over it, it's amazing that this one can contain so much more! Many many hours of frustration and swearing ahead :lol:

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:05 pm 

Burgo wrote:
I’m happy to say that we’ve finally got to the point of asking for payment for the CrazyB4cube kits.
Yeah it's just crazy (no pun intended) the amount of time and effort you've put into all this. I'd say it's definitely a labour of love. Knowing you, you're probably still undercharging :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:43 am 

Hello
Just paid Burgo for my Kit. Looking forward to it. Any time frame on when you can ship it to me Burgo?

AMC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 am 

There have been a few questions as to the time frame and what’s in the kit, so I’ll answer them as a whole here:

What’s in the kit:

1. Shapeways Components: In order to be able to physically make the amount of parts I wanted for the core of the puzzle, and the 14 different centre types (x6 of each supplied), I enlisted Carl Hoff to do the CAD work, and we got these internal parts made by Shapeways. There are over 100 Shapeways parts in each kit. These are examples of the first hand modded versions:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25902&start=65

2. This is a list of the parts that will be in the kit, except for one thing. Due to me using the puzzles that I intended to include in the kits to make more kits, and to include additional components, the 2x MF8 puzzles will need to be purchased separately now. There will also be 2x hybrid cores included now:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25902&start=70

3. Here is a picture of the hand modded components, this is an example of the part types and not the full kit. In this kit I have polished the parts instead of stickering them, stickering will be done by the customer. I did this to improve the product, the original kits were stickered instead of polished, although they were sanded to 800. A full set of custom Cubesmith stickers will be included for every component, including the 2x MF8 base puzzles:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25902&start=81

4. I have sent PMs to people on the list with details, but the gist of it is that I need to order the Shapeways components in smaller batches to save on import duties. I will order them over the course of a number of weeks. I wouldn’t be collecting money if they weren’t coming soon, but there will still be a little wait.

5. Just to reiterate, this isn’t a puzzle. It’ a kit that contains the components to make a number of puzzles when it’s combined with 2x matching MF8 base puzzles.

6. Here is a sneak peek of some of the Shapeways components, and the hybrid core. I made the core this way so that it could come apart and the $2 core could be replaced if it ever wore out, without the need to spend a lot of money on a new Shapeways core. I thought this was an important feature because I was advocating constant reassembly:
Attachment:
internals.jpg
internals.jpg [ 4.1 MiB | Viewed 2611 times ]
Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:17 am 

Burgo wrote:
I made the core this way so that it could come apart and the $2 core could be replaced if it ever wore out, without the need to spend a lot of money on a new Shapeways core. I thought this was an important feature because I was advocating constant reassembly:

This is a very nice touch Burgo! Is it just a standard Dayan 3x3 core for replacements? I love the idea though, given that the
whole idea is to change the faces dozens of times :)

I'm so excited about this kit! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:21 pm 

Yeah, thanks Marty, it's great to see all the support is still here. :) That's one of the reasons I began asking for money before I spent the additional huge amount of money required at Shapeways. There's strong support, so I'm very relieved.

I have a few cores I've tried in it, C4U, Maru, Dayan, etc. There's not very much difference between those, and they all fit. All of the parts are strong and rigid unlike other Shapeways items, because they are core related they had to be extra strong. That was one of our initial design problems. We had to remove the customary `flex`. The amount of force you can apply to small parts is exascerbated at the core, and very small measurements make a difference when extrapolated out. The Nylon is very strong and abrasion resistant though, and will be much better than ABS plastic would be.

The print in the picture is only `Test Print 2`, so there's been improvements on that, but it gives you an idea how the parts go together, and how the MF8 `0face & 1face` centres are incorporated into the design. And if you look closely you can see the fix for the MF8 design flaw on the 1face Centre.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:10 am 

Just came back from a short holiday in Barcelona :)
What a nice welcome message from Burgo :D
I am looking forward to all the challenges this kit will bring.
Although I am rather new to the forum and not so experienced as many who have contributed to this thread, I hope I will be able to contribute to solving some of the monsters :mrgreen: one can create with this kit.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:34 am 

I can't believe that I am getting this puzzle set! I remember reading about the first set you guys made, and cursing about not being able to get it, and now I am getting a even bigger (and better) set. :shock:

Thinking about all the different people who have put a lot of work in to making these sets really impresses me, and to be honest, makes me proud to be a member of this forum. (although I am not the most verbal member) :roll:
I fell like these projects are really bringing the community together as a whole, and I think that you should really be proud of yourselves and the giant work you have done! I for one admire the work and I can only hope to one day make a contribute to the community like this :D

Keep up the good work, and remember that your work is being appreciated.

P.s. out of curiosity, how many sets are there in total? just to get a scale of the work put in to this.

- Jakob

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:28 am 

I'm really looking forward to this. I've been following Burgos Puzzles closely and am also proud to say that he even named one after me as I really got stuck into it (Andy's Labyrinth) look it up on the solving thread extremely fun puzzle!

What I am looking forward to is the set of 6 constrained centres. I love my constrained cube (90 degrees). and adding a crazy planet series element to it sounds like puzzling heaven!

"Ugh" I hear Burgo shouting at me "there is so many more interesting things you can do with this kit Andy!" I know, I know! but I wont be able to wrap my head around that until i'm holding them in my hands! So until then, this is what I am looking forward to! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:23 am 

Sorry about the slow response, I received the first full model yesterday and I ran a full set of tests on all parts. I actually found a small problem that needed fixing. So, actually it's good I found it. It will slow the release a tiny bit, but I put everything else aside to make the fix and it's all happening now. Shapeways actually left out one piece type, so I would have had this small setback anyway.

Jacob.. I've made 15 Expansion kits, 25 full kits and 3 full colour additional parts packs.

I'm really happy that this project is helping with the community spirit, that's a pretty cool bonus aspect. :)

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:28 am 

Just a quick update, we're very close now, and I want to keep people in the loop. I received a notification from Shapeways that they had to print the parts with a special larger and more accurate printer due to the small sizes of some of the parts, so this caused a small delay. Interesting.. I've done a number of prints now and the part sizes haven't changed, and it's the first time I've heard this.. I'm interested to see if there's an improved finish. But at least there are a few models printed and on their way to me now, so I should begin receiving them in about a week. I really hope they included all the piece types this time because it's a much larger run.. and it's going to mean a lot of counting and double checking!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:34 pm 

An update is always nice :D
It sounds strange with Shapeways wanting to print on another printer, but hey, if they want to print even more accurate, then fine by me :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:07 pm 

Update:

I recieved the first few parcels from Shapeways Friday. Very exciting. Everything was as I expected.. but.. and as usual there's a `but`.. and I'll go into the sort of detail that I don't usually bore people with, because people have paid and are waiting:

We've had a few shots at getting the best tolerance for the caps to hold on over the course of the process, and we have the best that we can do. In fact, it's as perfect as we can possibly get it: The inner circular ring holds the cap on independently. The sides have a snug press fit into the centre piece. The problem seems to be the combination of Nylon and ABS, they just don't do what 2x ABS surfaces do, and for some reason MF8 has only used a 1mm high lip, the shortest imaginable. What happens is that the caps `work loose` with vibration over time, similar to the original coloured plastic ones.

Now, I don't want to send these out and the caps keep coming off, so this weekend Carl and I have made a fitting (to be super-glued inside the MF8 cap), to give us more surface area holding the caps on (there are other super-glued fittings in the kit too). Carl's presently making a model with around 500 of these in it (there will be 12 in each kit), and I'll get it printed as soon as possible. This usually takes just under 2 weeks to get to me.

At least you can be assured, if we're fiddling around with the caps, everything else is working well.

Cheers,
Burgo.

Attachments:
cap fitting.jpg
cap fitting.jpg [ 57.46 KiB | Viewed 1965 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 pm 

Burgo,

I think I can speak for all of us when I say "thank you!" for all the incredible work and QA you have and continue to put into this project.

Just reading your updates has increased my anticipation level higher than ever. I can't wait to get this in my hands to begin the puzzling madness!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:58 pm 

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this. I don't know where to begin. (as in I literally don't know where to begin, aside from making 2-face planets initially)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:56 am 

Thanks! Shouldn't be long now.

2face planets are quite difficult, more difficult than some other puzzles you could make. I would advise having a go at a few of the other puzzles in the recent part of the solving thread first as a lead in (there's a few hard ones there too, but the conversation elaborates on which ones they are).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:26 am 

Update: I placed the Shapeways order for the cap inserts when I made the post above^^ but they've had my `estimated ship date` at the 9th of June. At first I thought this was an overestimated fanciful date and that they would ship way before that, but as the date approaches, it seems it will probably be accurate. So you can see, in a nutshell, why the process is so long, and how it's out of my hands, sorry, I get frustrated that it takes so long.. it's taking them over 1/2 a month just to print that!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:58 am 

Thanks for the update Burgo,

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the constant updates and reassurances (unlike some companies that I won't mention :wink: )

I don't think anyone is worried about this finally getting in our hands and in fact the updates are just whetting our appetite even more so. The attention to detail that you are putting into this is mind blowing and this will truly be a flawless creation of yours.

As someone who has been enjoying the B4 kit Mark 1 almost constantly for the past 8 months I can safely say, to anyone that doesn't yet own the B4 kit but has purchased the new one, that you will own something that will keep you busy for the rest of your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:24 am 

Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
AndyChilly wrote:
Thanks for the update Burgo,

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the constant updates and reassurances (unlike some companies that I won't mention :wink: )

Yes you do Andy!

We are all grateful for all the hard work and trust you implicitly!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:55 am 

Having had a little shapeways experience, I know how frustrating they can be to deal with. Looking forward to receiving it, and excited to get it as soon as possible of course, but it is worth waiting for it to be done right, without any doubt at all. Like Andy said, it's something to keep for life, another month or two of waiting won't kill any of us :

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:16 am 

UPDATE:

I just picked up the cap inserts from the post office, and tried one out:

My initial assessment is that they are absolutely perfect!

Phew :D I took a big risk with that, because I wanted to speed things along, so I ordered the whole lot at once. I spent hundreds of extra dollars on it, so if it didn't fit then I'd have wasted a lot of money. But it will absolutely be worth it to have the cap inserts.

I'll be doing all the final packaging this weekend and get the kits posted early next week!!

Cheers,
Burgo!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 pm 

EEK! That was risky burgo! I'm glad it paid off :)

I can't wait to get my kit! very exciting :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:50 pm 

Burgo, thanks for all your work, along with Carl and rline, to bring this epic puzzle kit to a lucky few of us. I wonder how long it will take before someone has solved every possible configuration? Is that even possible?

I hope that the success of this kit will tempt one of the puzzle manufacturers to take a chance and try to sell some complex, higher-priced puzzle kits. CubeTwist seemed to have a hit with their 3x3 bandaging kit, and I was hoping for more along those lines (4x4, 5x5 kits). Of course, a mass-produced CrazyB4Cube kit would be a logical place to start.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:12 pm 

I don't like the chances of mass production. I spoke to Calvin and he won't touch it because MF8 has the patent on Crazy Planet Cubes. So if MF8 doesn't do it, I don't think anyone will. I've talked to MF8 and they're not interested. I've said it before, I really think the parts are too many, too small and too complex, with a really small market. I think this is going to be it. And Shapeways nylon is stronger and more suitable anyway.

We are part of something special, I mean I wouldn't have been able to have the kit in such a great and elaborate form either, if it weren't for this project, it just wouldn't have been worth it for one kit. So I'm really happy to have a version of it perfected like this too. :)

I got all the Shapeways stuff bagged on the weekend. I literally had to re-count and account for every individual piece, because Shapeways did a really random sorting job (so it took forever). They must have lost parts and reprinted some kits, because..

They couldn't tell the difference between some part types, so when they bagged `them` the quntities of those types in each model was random, although the total number would `mostly` be correct. And at the end I was missing parts and had extras. They were very pedantic with some packaging (although ironically those contained errors too), and others had many prints just shoved in one large bag. As if there was a shift change and a completely different person took over. I can't imagine the process they went through! :lol:

I purposely printed an extra 2 kits because I feared errors, so that payed off. That will give me some extra parts too, in case people break or lose something, I'll be able to replace parts myself if anyone needs it.

It's a massive job, I won't be getting them out today or tomorrow, but it will be soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:22 pm 

It's been said many times already, but you are a fantastic person and your immense time and effort that's been put into this has payed off for all of your customers and yourself. You should be very proud of yourself for entertaining many people for years to come. I personally can't wait to get my kit! :D :scrambled:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:15 am 

I'll probably be sending a bunch of kits off tomorrow. If anyone has had an address change since the one they provided, you might want to contact me urgently.

Also, if anyone who is waiting to pay for their kit and still wants it, you might want to think about letting me know that you still intend to purchase it (if you haven't already done that). I will be offering the few unpaid kits for sale soon, but I will PM anyone in that situation personally before I offer their reserved kit for sale.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:47 am 

Burgo wrote:
I'll probably be sending a bunch of kits off tomorrow.

YES! I'm so excited for this. Last time, it took 8-9 days to arrive, so I just set up a 10-day countdown on my phone :D

Burgo, could you tell us how many kits / expansion kits were made, both in the initial batch and the second run? I seem to remember the number 18 being thrown around for the first batch, but I might be imagining that. I'm curious to know how many new solvers we'll be adding to the solving thread. The more, the merrier.

Crazy2Face & Crazy3Face Puzzle Spreadsheet
Named 3x3x3 Bandaging Patterns

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:13 am 

Hi Seth,

Yes, 18 kits were made last time (including mine and Rline's). 15 upgrade kits and 25 new kits were made this time (including mine). I made 4 6colour add-ons (including mine). There will be some left-overs that I will discuss later.

I sent a lot of the kits today. But, I was rejected on weight at the PO a number of times (some for as little as 2 grams!), my scales obviously aren't accurate enough :roll: , or perhaps the PO is a bit pedantic? I need to get everything under 500g or they charge an extra $20. They make it very difficult for normal people to do this kind of thing. I'll be unboxing and cutting tiny bits of cardboard off some box flaps tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:39 am 

One person's pedantry is another person's accuracy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:33 am 

Ha ha, you're a brave man Gus :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 am 

Burgo wrote:
UPDATE:

I just picked up the cap inserts from the post office, and tried one out:

My initial assessment is that they are absolutely perfect!
That is indeed great news. I was worried there for a while as I hadn't heard something in some time.

This has been a very fun collaborative effort and I've been happy to be a part of it,
Carl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:46 am 

Hi Carl,

Everyone's very grateful for your efforts too! I can't wait for you to finally be able to see your work first hand.

All the kits have gone out now (except for one person who hasn't given me their address yet, and hasn't read my PM).

I intend to make a few videos on what's in the kits, so you can check your parts, and how to assemble, sticker, glue, and anything else you need to do. I will start that series on the weekend and start getting them uploaded before people start getting their kits next week some time. You will need a tube of superglue, a hobby knife, a needle or pin, and possibly a sheet of 400 wet&dry sandpaper (sometimes the MF8 puzzles have sharp edges out of the factory).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:02 am 

Burgo wrote:
Hi Carl,

Everyone's very grateful for your efforts too! I can't wait for you to finally be able to see your work first hand.

All the kits have gone out now (except for one person who hasn't given me their address yet, and hasn't read my PM).

I intend to make a few videos on what's in the kits, so you can check your parts, and how to assemble, sticker, glue, and anything else you need to do. I will start that series on the weekend and start getting them uploaded before people start getting their kits next week some time. You will need a tube of superglue, a hobby knife, a needle or pin, and possibly a sheet of 400 wet&dry sandpaper (sometimes the MF8 puzzles have sharp edges out of the factory).

The kit has just been delivered!!!! There goes my weekend :-)
Thanks so much for all your hard work and attention to detail, to Burgo, rline and Carl, now what should I do first...

Jez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:47 am 

Likewise, I got mine today. Well, they tried to deliver it yesterday while I was at work, I collected it this morning.

WOW!

So many things in here, so many pieces, incredibly well made, all the hand modded parts. Absolutely astonishing. I'm playing with it to see what I can figure out about what does wheat right now :D

HUGE thanks to everyone involved, this is going to provide many hundreds of hours of fun :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:49 am 

My kit was at the post office on Friday. I got to the post office on Friday at 5.02pm. Post office shuts at 5pm.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:58 am 

Wow, these pieces look superb, the milliput+sanding job is excellent, such a smooth finish when I run my finger across the face, and even parts that you don't see once the puzzle is assembled have been filled, a true craftsman. The shapeways bits look beautiful, such intricate design. And those stickers look like some scary puzzles lie ahead. I'm delighted with this kit!!

Jez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:28 am 

Wow, I can't believe how quickly they've got to their destinations! I sent them on Monday and they're at people's houses on the other side of the world on Friday.. And even Rline doesn't have his yet, and he's in Australia!!

You should start by washing all the Shapeways parts in warm soapy water, because some of them require gluing and you don't want them powdery for that. Also give the ABS parts a bit of a wipe over with the same water while you're at it to clean off any residue that may be left from sanding or polishing, to prepare for stickering. I thought I'd have more time to make the video, I'll have it up in the next few days, just don't glue anything until I do that. I have a few ideas for stickering some of the more difficult parts, and a technique for the parts with the holes in. There'll also be a few spare stickers.

The post office is very unforgiving Rline, as I mentioned above^^, but even more so about closing time on Friday afternoon :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:11 am 

I just opened my kit. I got the extensions only, not the full kit. I don't even know what I'm looking at, :shock: This is a long long long way from a crazy-2-face :lol: :lol: :lol: I might report back when I can make sense of it all. Astonishing...If all I'm looking at is the extensions... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 pm 

I got my package delivered today! I waiting for the video so I can see if I got everything. In the meantime, I'll figure out strategies. Thanks for all of your immense time and effort once again, Burgo! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:11 pm 

It won't be long, I'm editing today. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:18 pm 

Mine arrived today, but I wasn't home to sign for it. I will have to go to the post office in the morning to pick it up. The anticipation is killing me.

Crazy2Face & Crazy3Face Puzzle Spreadsheet
Named 3x3x3 Bandaging Patterns

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:36 pm 

I put together a video, I hope you like it, and I hope it’s not too long winded.

The video is longer than I anticipated.. 1:20.. I just talked my way through making and stickering my kit and I didn't keep an account of time.. I showed some of my original designs and stuff as well, trying to make it interesting, but when I finished I had a lot of footage.. it's watchable, but long.

Here’s the link: http://youtu.be/N-JD63LHZDw

Here’s a brief outline in case you want to skip through some sections:

Introduction > 0:00:00
Internal components of original kit > 0:03:40
Hand Modding parts for second kit > 0:05:30
Shapeways designs > 0:08:00
First Kit components > 0:09:50
New Kit components > 0:11:50
*Recommended disassembly of pieces > 0:13:30
New Kit components cont > 0:15:00
Shapeways Components > 0:18:40
Cleaning parts > 0:19:40
6colour kit components > 0:24:00
Building components > 0:26:35
Explanation of internal mechanism > 0:55:00
Stickering > 1:09:35

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 pm 

I've stickered most of the hand modded pieces and my cat seems interested in them.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.64 MiB | Viewed 574 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:49 pm 

I hope the stickering wasn't too hard, I included a section in the video to show my stickering technique for difficult stickers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:13 pm 

I also found a slight problem that needs rectifying: The 2x3 blocks were hand modified in January, back then the Shapeways components were a mere twinkle in my eye. I made them with a slightly smaller gap than the 0.7mm minimum Shapeways tolerance for the square elements ended up allowing (my original packing was 0.6mm, so it should be very close ~0.2mm). So when those parts go in now, they go in with some force. They shouldn't be putting stress on the joins. So, you should file the gaps in the pictures until the square parts go in without friction. You'll find that most of them have been filed already, they just need a fraction more.

Attachments:
2x3 parts.jpg
2x3 parts.jpg [ 424.86 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:50 pm 

I'll share some of the photos from the video, there's some early progress photos, as well as some parts photos from the various kits:

New hand modded internals designed for the second kit (there were some other hand modded centres originally in the first kit too):
Attachment:
A First internals.jpg
A First internals.jpg [ 312.98 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]

First Shapeways print:
Attachment:
A first nylon print.jpg
A first nylon print.jpg [ 801.67 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]

First Core test:
Attachment:
A 1st core.jpg
A 1st core.jpg [ 797.63 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]

Final Shapeways parts list:
Attachment:
A Shapeways Pieces.jpg
A Shapeways Pieces.jpg [ 1.3 MiB | Viewed 399 times ]

Upgrade kit and Full kit parts list (The original kit is in B4pink, the upgrade kit is in black, the New Full kit is the combination of both):
Attachment:
A Upgrade kit and Full kit.jpg
A Upgrade kit and Full kit.jpg [ 9.75 MiB | Viewed 563 times ]

The 6colour kit addition:
Attachment:
A 6colour kit.jpg
A 6colour kit.jpg [ 5.67 MiB | Viewed 563 times ]

Last edited by Burgo on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 am 

Burgo wrote:
I put together a video, I hope you like it
8m05s :lol: :lol: :lol: A plea for mercy :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next