Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:50 am
I find a cigarette end and some ashes in Weilong v.2
YJ produce the Weilong 2........
I think YJ should say something about this cigarette


Attachments:
tmp_-11555337121293156353.jpg
tmp_-11555337121293156353.jpg [ 74.22 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
tmp_19559048852057231913.jpg
tmp_19559048852057231913.jpg [ 73.69 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
tmp_1585768289924313626.jpg
tmp_1585768289924313626.jpg [ 66.78 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
tmp_6239650471451009269.jpg
tmp_6239650471451009269.jpg [ 60.45 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Jarrow, England
Looks like a disgruntled employee working in the factory took a little revenge to make him/herself feel a little better :shock: I think this is quite funny, as long as the hot cigarette did not damage the plastic :lol:

_________________
My Shapeways Shop: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/gus_shop

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am
Location: The Netherlands
Umm.. ew?

Definitely contact the seller about this! They need to contact the factory, because this sort of thing can bring an official WCA speedcube off balance which is NOT good for sales.

Speedcuber news travels fast after all, much like their speeds ;)

_________________
“I am no bird, no net ensnares me.”
― Charlotte Brontë


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:35 am
Definitely contact someone. This could pose a health risk.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm
Location: Bedford, England
Wow, that is disgusting!

_________________
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/martywolfman?feature=plcp Now in 1080p HD!

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm
Solaktion wrote:
I find a cigarette end and some ashes in Weilong v.2
YJ produce the Weilong 2........
I think YJ should say something about this cigarette

So I have a few questions for you

1) How did you suspect something was "wrong" with the puzzle?
2) Was it a DIY kit, or assembled and boxed?
3) Are you surprised with this being present at all? I ask because we've had things like this before...
4) Aside from the Cigarette damage, is anything else damaged?
5) On the more humorous side of things, do you find it funny how the plastic isn't melted, like Gus mentioned?
6) Smoking kills, and I ask if you brought this to anyone's attention other than TP?

I honestly think that this is more common than we know, but caught before being shipped. Unacceptable for sure though.

_________________
I should probably find a better signature....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
I just ordered one of those cubes but with the standard color scheme. Normally I wouldn't consider pulling the pieces apart to lube and tension them to my liking but after seeing that I think I might just to be sure. That kind of freaks me out! What if the person that was smoking that was sick???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:20 am
Location: Wherever
NXTgen wrote:
Solaktion wrote:
I find a cigarette end and some ashes in Weilong v.2
YJ produce the Weilong 2........
I think YJ should say something about this cigarette

So I have a few questions for you

1) How did you suspect something was "wrong" with the puzzle?
2) Was it a DIY kit, or assembled and boxed?
3) Are you surprised with this being present at all? I ask because we've had things like this before...
4) Aside from the Cigarette damage, is anything else damaged?
5) On the more humorous side of things, do you find it funny how the plastic isn't melted, like Gus mentioned?
6) Smoking kills, and I ask if you brought this to anyone's attention other than TP?

I honestly think that this is more common than we know, but caught before being shipped. Unacceptable for sure though.


1) I think he just happened to take that piece apart.

5) Maybe the worker extinguished the cigarette before stuffing it into the piece!

_________________
A budding puzzle designer!

Check out my Shapeways shop!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 pm
I think I will go disassemble all my weilongs now. Gross.

_________________
PBs:single/Ao5/Ao12
3x3: 4.26/7.26/7.75
pyraminx: 0.89/1.87/2.19
4x4:29.29/33.53


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cigarette in YJ Moyu Weilong V.2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:20 am
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Gus wrote:
Looks like a disgruntled employee working in the factory took a little revenge to make him/herself feel a little better :shock: I think this is quite funny, as long as the hot cigarette did not damage the plastic :lol:


I'm thinking someone was smoking on the factory floor and didn't want to be caught by the boss. They needed a quick hiding place for a cigarette butt and went for it. It kind of makes me think of a Three Stooges gag :lol:

As a side note, as long as there's no blood on the cigarette the actual risk of getting any sort of transmissible disease from it is practically nonexistent. You'd need an actual biological surface (for example, wet blood or mucous) for any kind of pathogen to actually live on it.

That only makes it marginally less disgusting though.

_________________
I like twisty sticker boxes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Martin and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group