Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unbelievable Ebay Offers???
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:18 am 

If he stole them, why would he sell them at such a low price? And keep lowering it? Even if we did purchase stolen products, we did it unknowingly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:41 am 

BelcherBoy2000 wrote:
If he stole them, why would he sell them at such a low price? And keep lowering it? Even if we did purchase stolen products, we did it unknowingly.

Would you buy a car/bike/tablet/anything that's (as good as) new, for 10% of the price it usually goes for? No, because you KNOW that it's probably stolen. Same goes for these puzzles. And if police asks you why you bought it even though you thought it was an offer to good to be true.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:57 am 

I will give a shot, maybe this person is selling so low because he knows someone at a company that injects plastic parts to many third parts including MF8, VeryPuzzle, The Manufacture of 11x11x11, etc

And maybe this plastic industry had injected 600 pieces of each puzzles more, even MF8 and others having ordered 600 pieces from Petaminx for instance.(i am just suposing here)

I guess they sell large quantitys and issued a lot of extra puzzles...

So now he just wants to burn this "Ghost Secret Stock" i do not know the correct term in English but it is something like that

It does not explain why he has some clothing and gadgets but that is my guess.

:?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:56 pm 

Has anyone actually received a puzzle (one of the steeply discounted puzzles on offer) from this seller?
It would be interesting to hear from anyone when/if they do.

Could this also be a form of trolling for identity/payment info?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 pm 

The biggest cost of a puzzle is manual labor (assembly and stickering), even in China, as the parts will cost only a penny or two each at most. So the most important question to ask is if the puzzle comes assembled. If "No" then this would explain the low cost, but if "Yes" then either they are trying to liquidate stock asap (e.g., if the business or individual is facing imminent insolvency), or they are stolen, or not actually being provided on payment (i.e., a con). But just because something is very cheap doesn't necessarily mean it is stolen, fraudulent or even poor quality.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:03 pm 

Gentlemen, I think we should refrain from accusations (that the goods are stolen) and too much speculation.
As the title of the topic says, it is an unbelievable offer. On the other hand, nobody can be sure what the background of these offers is. We'll know for sure when the first parcels are delivered - or not - and when people ask for a Paypal refund.

Personally, I'm too cautious to believe in unbelievable offers. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:31 pm 

I think I have figured out what the scam is and the reason the seller wouldn't sell to someone in China.
If you look in the item description listing for the Petaminx the seller says " Policy:

We furnish Everything always come with a satisfaction guarantee: If you find any quality problems or is not completely satisfied with anything, when you receive the items.Please E-mail us soon.We will resolve it for you in 48 hours(Refund or exchange item),if refund,you should return it within 14 days from the auction ended, I will happily refund the purchase price.Thank you !! Good luck ! !"

But if you click on the shipping and payment tab you can see their actual returns policy states:

Return policy
After receiving the item, contact seller within 30 days

Refund will be given as
Item exchange only

Return shipping
Buyer pays return shipping

I think the seller is going to post out a different low value item (hence the tracking numbers) As ebay/paypal requires you to return items using registered post it could cost you almost as much or more to return the item as you will be refunded, especially if you've only bought one item, some people may not bother and so the seller profits.

The seller wouldn't post to China because returns would probably be cheap enough to make it worthwhile (I'm guessing here) and also because it would happen quickly and his scam would have to end quickly (whereas with international shipping he can let it run for weeks)

I hope i am wrong and everyone receives what they ordered but I highly doubt it.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do if this happens please post here! (I'm trying to contact ebay but they seem to have made it impossible to contact their customer service)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:33 pm 

What is it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Wheels-of- ... 2a3574d2e6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:43 pm 

Hey zzupler
I found this
http://www.cargoforce.com/A2A-Export-Ra ... na-From-UK
As you can see the shipping from Uk is not that bad i would dobt that the shipping would cost alot to send from us eather.
So if you get scammed or at leas I would, I would only loose something like 5$, wich is not too bad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:59 am 

Hey all, coming out of retirement here.

Before I even saw this post I came across these deals this afternoon. Being a collector, I had to get my hands on these *STEALS* of a price. I contacted the seller and his response was he was trying to get rid of them because a promotion had ended.

I contacted the seller prior to purchase, and he said a promotion for sales ended and he was trying to get rid of his stock. This does not mean we should go off and buy every single puzzle he has for sale, but purchase cautiously.

I bought myself a Petaminx; I couldn't resist the temptation for the price after seeing it go from a design in solidworks to reality. Always wanted my very own. Only time will tell whether he is legitimate or not, and I plan to keep you guys updated on this post. In the description he says it might take up to 40 days. And as hopefully *most* of us know with China Post, they can take prolonged periods of time to ship out an item.

It was only $16, and in my opinion it's not worth getting upset over if scammed. So I decided to take a little risk :) I'll keep you guys updated.

EDIT: if you notice in the "sold" portion of his sales, he keeps on lowering the price. It's obvious if he is a legit seller he IS trying to get rid of them.

Happy holidays :)

Update: Tracking number has been included; marked as shipped. We shall see.

R.I.P. Frank (Flambore) you will always be in my memories.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:56 am 

another unbelievable one: http://www.ebay.com/usr/need.younow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:27 am 

I am willing to bet that that is the same person under a different name.

Edit: to add, one of my tracking numbers just sprang to life.

Wait and see when I am getting a brick in the mail :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:44 am 

My tracking code still doesn't work.
If this pack arrives, I sure will buy some more puzzles. :D

http://1002-puzzles.blogspot.be/
For sale : 1more Puzzle - Triangle & 1more Puzzle - Cubylon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:00 pm 

Kattenvriendin wrote:
Wait and see when I am getting a brick in the mail :lol:

:D Maybe I will get 8 bricks...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:57 pm 

has anyone informed PayPal yet? If all his reviews are fake, would'nt PayPal automatically shut him down? I have also ordered some puzzles. I'm going to lodge a complaint with PayPal after 40 days if I have not received them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:07 am 

Caved and bought a C4U Teraminx for $15. We'll see how this goes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:42 am 

Aleh wrote:

It is a SMAZ Time Machine. A very expensive puzzle just like the rest of the ones he is selling. The Dayan Wheel of Wisdom which he is claiming it to be appears to be based off of it. I have purchased from him this item and am currently awaiting my item in the mail. Heres hoping I get a $200 plus item for $20 :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:03 am 

Any tracking run?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:31 am 

garathnor wrote:
Aleh wrote:

It is a SMAZ Time Machine. A very expensive puzzle just like the rest of the ones he is selling. The Dayan Wheel of Wisdom which he is claiming it to be appears to be based off of it. I have purchased from him this item and am currently awaiting my item in the mail. Heres hoping I get a $200 plus item for $20 :D

Does Smaz know about this? Can he explain the low price?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 am 

I suspect that he's used the wrong picture on that, since everything says it's a wheels of wisdom from Dayan, other than the picture. And the time machine isn't $200+ - I got one recently for around $75.

http://www.tmart.com/SMAZ-Time-Machine- ... 23763.html

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 am 

There are a few mismatches between the item names and the pictures. Like this one shows a Time Machine but calls it a Wheel of Wisdom. Who knows what it actually is. It could just be an alternate version of the Wheel of Wisdom such as the colored plastic one (he has another auction for the black version at the same price).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:37 am 

I haven't bought any puzzles in a long, long time.

I bit.

I've got until the end of Janury to file an issue, and shipping estimates put it arriving in january (Hopefully in time for my birthday!)

We'll see what happens, I guess.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 pm 

My tracking code still doesn't work.............

http://1002-puzzles.blogspot.be/
For sale : 1more Puzzle - Triangle & 1more Puzzle - Cubylon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:43 pm 

He or She got the first feedback for a 11x11 cube

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:26 pm 

Very reasonable price Buyer: k***k ( 5 ) Dec-20-13 12:38
C4U Super Teraminx three layered Megaminx Magic Cube (#171193476474) US $52.00 View Item C4U Super Teraminx three layered Megaminx Magic Cube

And a few days ago, a teraminx feedback, and before that a few 9x9x9s.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens come january!

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:50 pm 

I just bought a petaminx, and promptly set a reminder for myself in 40 days to file a paypal complaint :)

Also, surprised this hasn't been addresses, but aren't some of the KO rules being broken here? Maybe not... Just asking...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:32 pm 

KelvinS wrote:
garathnor wrote:
Aleh wrote:

Does Smaz know about this? Can he explain the low price?

I think I saw somewhere a long time ago that SMAZ had had a factory mass produce a bunch of those puzzles at his own expense. If this is true then that would mean some factory in china has moulds to make as many time machines they want. I really hope it's a time machine that shows up in the mail and not a Dayan Wheel of Wisdom since I jsut bought one from somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:48 pm 

There is a URL watermark that links to what looks like his real store on some of the photos of the items he is selling. I had a hard time navigating around it because google translate can only do so much. I wont post the link here as it could break some of the KO policy, but if a chineese speaking member would like to poke around and check it out, they could tell us what they think.

My band: Tackle Punch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:22 pm 

If you check on the petaminx page, it says he as sold 84 of them.. And personnally I doubt that anyone (store) ever got 84 petaminx in stock.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 am 

juanan wrote:
He or She got the first feedback for a 11x11 cube

All last positive feedbacks, that he or she has, left by people with 0 or 1 feedback. That's strange.

Last edited by Aleh on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 am 

Guys, I would stop buying from this guy if I were yinz. This is almost definitely a scam.

Yes, he has a lot of good reviews, but many of these reviews are from the same people, using the same phrases on items that they just bought and could not have possibly gotten in time.

Also, a few negative reviews say they they got packages with a seed with string, or a pocket-sized envelope. This is a well-known scam where the seller will send an item so it has a tracking number and looks like is being sent, but then disappear before most of the packages arrive and most disputes would start.

I bid on a few of the auctions for his items about 2 weeks ago, before he started the 'buy it now' thing he is doing now, so I'll probably get a package before most people who bought from him. (If he sent them out at all) In a few days/weeks I'll be able to verify this if it was actually sent, but I suggest to stop buying from him and try to dispute your purchases sooner rather than later.

Bad reviews: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mofang2013&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

'Good' reviews: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mofang2013&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=positive&interval=30&_trkparms=positive_30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:59 pm 

^agreed, if anything eBay should be informed of what's going on NOW rather than later.

R.I.P. Frank (Flambore) you will always be in my memories.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:18 pm 

RedRoost80 wrote:
^agreed, if anything eBay should be informed of what's going on NOW rather than later.

Until everyone who ordered starts receiving whatever he is sending out there is nothing to report to eBay. I'm sure everyone here used PayPal with their orders and if it does turn out to be a scam then it will be reported to PayPal and eBay at that time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:32 pm 

^^ YUP! You bet that will happen indeed on my part for one if'n'when. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:51 pm 

All I know is that if I get a seed and string, PayPal will definitely hear about it. Also, it is likely that he is legitimately selling these products at a low price because he owned a warehouse and got promoted or whatever. That is what keeps me from inconclusively calling him a scammer. Lets just hold off until January and see whether or not this guy is a scammer. Plus, there would be no reason to scam people if PayPal, eBay, and credit card companies back up all purchases with refunds. The scammer would then just lose the money they scammed from people, therefore making it pointless.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:46 pm 

Not only that, he has been a member of ebay since last November and most of his feedback looks legitmate. Go a few pages in and you will see real members of ebay with good things to say about him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:47 pm 

BelcherBoy2000 wrote:
All I know is that if I get a seed and string, PayPal will definitely hear about it. Also, it is likely that he is legitimately selling these products at a low price because he owned a warehouse and got promoted or whatever. That is what keeps me from inconclusively calling him a scammer. Lets just hold off until January and see whether or not this guy is a scammer. Plus, there would be no reason to scam people if PayPal, eBay, and credit card companies back up all purchases with refunds. The scammer would then just lose the money they scammed from people, therefore making it pointless.

Regarding inheriting a warehouse, that we he told me. I asked how he has so many puzzles; if he is a manufacturer, and he said,
"We are the manufacturers by the end of promotion", and that it was a clean up of the warehouse.

I'm starting to fear that maybe I won't be the puzzles, but I'm keeping my hopes up. Otherwise I'm going to have to get back my $1k.

4x4: 1:39.55
5x5: 2:00.19 (new)
6x6: 5:09.79
7x7: 6:36.xx
3x3 BLD: 7:38.18 (at Nationals)
XBOX Live: L00K A DUCK 0s are zeros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:53 pm 

So much pointless speculation! Also, if this was a scam, why on earth choose to do it with obscure puzzles? I mean, puzzles? A Petaminx??? Of all the things to scam people on, he couldn't have picked a more niche obscure item, even most "normal" Rubik's Cube fans have probably never heard of, and would probably never want, a Petaminx!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 pm 

If This guy is a scammer then he would be in a great trouble because he sold over 300 puzzles as of now and that is a lot of money.
I think that if this is a scam than his account is going to get done by paypal and he is going to refund alot of money.
If this was a scam why would he do it if he knows that paypal is going to refund buyers and if he knows that why would he keep selling so many.
because one unhappy refunded customer is a hit to his paypal account and ebay account imagine what 300 unhappy customers would do.
Some time ago I saw a similar aouction and it was not puzzles that the person was selling, it was memory cards and he was selling them at really cheap prices and his account got shut ammidietly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:24 am 

jabeck wrote:
Also, surprised this hasn't been addresses, but aren't some of the KO rules being broken here? Maybe not... Just asking...
A reasonable question. Certainly KO puzzles have been mentioned, but properly without any manufacturer names or links. This complies with the KO policy, which is fine. The point of these posts hasn't been about KO puzzles or how to find them so it also meets the spirit of our policy. They are mentioned as side issues and as such aren't seen as a problem. Our forum is all about the discussion of puzzles and so mention and even discussion of KO puzzles can be part of that as long as does not disrespect the original designers.

Dave :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:12 am 

Can everyone just calm down? If you don't get the puzzle, contact Paypal. End of story. Until then, just this thread is just conspiracy theories, overreaction, and gun jumping. Stop.

[moderator edit: While we agree with your point, please don't use that type of language on the forum, even if it is not written out everyone knows what it means.]

Crazy2Face & Crazy3Face Puzzle Spreadsheet
Named 3x3x3 Bandaging Patterns

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:16 am 

Look at this.

See the positive feedback. The buyer 4***4 votes positive for an eitan star, one minute after bought it.

You can see when he buy it in the Sold list of the puzzle.

It,s a scam.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:52 am 

Some buyers aren't smart, it happens.

When I buy something a lot of sellers give me positive feedback right away. I find that not too smart. I can always cause trouble afterward if I would choose to.

I as a seller will not give feedback until the deal is complete. Meaning: I have my money, buyer has the product and is happy with it.

You can only judge something after the deal is done.

I will take this as the buyer not being too savvy with ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:27 am 

Hello

i know this is becoming a kind of group therapy or a conspirancy theory, but please allow me to expose 3 thoughts i had:

1) this is a scam.

2) this is not a scam and we should face a reality that puzzles maybe doesn't worth as much as we used to pay for, so as in fashion industry some pieces costs very low to be manufactured on large series at china and can be very expensive to the end consumer

This way a 200USD puzzle can be sold for $18 including shipping ;

this is not so simple as they have to produce the stickers and packing and also the molds are way too expensive, ABS plastic is very expensive too, the puzzle assemblying is also time consuming but as i am not used to china's wholesale market and we can see such amazing deals on the eletronic products china have been making, this can be something to consider...

My wife and I always got surprised on how many new puzzles are released on monthly basis and how expensive they could be... Several thousand dolars being invested every year on this collections... by us, by the manufectures, by the designers... really impressive!

3) This seller has contacts with persons that have large stocks and they are "burning" then at a hot sell. (this is the one that i think is more correct but i also can see that this option number 3 is dependent from option number 2)

I do not believe that he have "inheriet" a warehouse, how can someone 'inherit' a warehouse full of puzzles that have been released a short time ago? makes no sense...

I only ordered from him an ANDROID TV thing for $11, my tracking number despite of xmas time, still not showing acceptance, also when i ordered this a couple of days ago my purchase was number 101, now he have sold more than 2200 units!!!

Only time will tell us the end of this, i started collecting puzzles on year 2009, and i had around 320 puzzles but recently i sold almost half of my collection here at Brazil to some friends and collectors as well... I had no space to keep this puzzles so i decided to reduce my collection and keep only a small part of then.

Most of my puzzle friends will check for this "Ebay's super offers", So if i had purchased some of then to resell i may have a fast response from the buyers or maybe not if all of then check this ebay's unbeliavable offers...

Still very attractive to buy this combos for 10% of the value and resell then here at Brazil for 5x more maybe even more... That would help me to recover more money that i have invested on my collection but i will not take advantage of this, as i have no time, i am computers programmer and have no time to spend at puzzles sales at this moment...

I sincerely wish luck to all people including me and i hope this is not a scam... :(

BTW, I also wish you a Merry Christmas for you all :D
and happy new 2014 year too!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:14 am 

Hi all!
I have recently ordered a set of puzzles for about 25 dollars.
I will let you know if this arrives. I am excited to see the results.
Letti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:29 pm 

Contacted the seller about what was going on. Ordered the petaminx after they said it was a genuine puzzle and not just the stickers. Like the rest of you, I'll be hopefully posting when it comes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:02 pm 

So Drew Olsen just posted something in the FB group Rubik's Fan Group this little image, saying that mofang is the manufacturer of the MoYu cubes. If this is true, I think that is a good sign.

4x4: 1:39.55
5x5: 2:00.19 (new)
6x6: 5:09.79
7x7: 6:36.xx
3x3 BLD: 7:38.18 (at Nationals)
XBOX Live: L00K A DUCK 0s are zeros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:13 pm 

That website appears to be a forums/news website about twisty type puzzles. I cannot find any type of store on it. Mind you I also cannot read chinese either :D But I can read the text at the info bar in my browser when I mouse over link text.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:10 pm 

Was just checking my ebay. The seller we have tried to buy stuff from is no longer a registered user of ebay. Dispute your stuff now. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:50 pm 

Letti wrote:
Hi all!
I have recently ordered a set of puzzles for about 25 dollars.
I will let you know if this arrives. I am excited to see the results.
Letti

I would open a dispute for this too if I were you. Multiple 'buyers' have posted the same reviews word for words, and have bought only one item ever. Looks like mofang2013's reviews.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next