Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: new rubik's cube
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 2:03 am 
After searching almost every toy store in my city for a rubik's cube, I came to target and found a ton. I needed a new cube because my old one wore out from speedcubing and the new cubes that I found were very interesting. They were Oddz-On cubes and they had VINYL stickers! I was so happy that I bought 2. They also had amazingly good mechanisms and seemed to be several steps above the other Oddz-On cubes. I was just wondering if these are really new or really old and if anyone has ever seen them before.

Post subject: Neato!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 3:49 am 
Do the stickers look different from the earlier ones made by oddzon? If so, how do they look? I see stores with cubes but I'm not sure if they are vinyl or paper stickers. Did it come in the cardboard box or the newer plastic box. Is yellow opposite white? Newer ones have that orientation although it doesn't mean they are vinyl.
Michael

Post subject: New Stickers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 7:19 am 

While visiting my inlaws in Oregon this weekend I noticed that the Target their had new cubes with different "Rubik's Cube" stickers than the ones in my local Target. This is the sticker with text placed centrally on the white face of the puzzle.

The older (?) ones have black text "Rubik's Cube"; these newer (?) ones have a colored cube (just red, green and blue) and "A Rubik's Cube Game" as the text. I didn't pick one up, but it was interesting to note that they rev'd the logo. A hint of better things to come, perhaps?

Post subject: New rubik's
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 7:17 am 
They come in a small plastic case, not a cardboard box. Yellow stickers are opposite white and the colors are slightly off. The orange color especially is a bit more brownish, and with the exception of red, all the colors aren't quite as vibrant. Also, there is a color picture of the Rubik's cube on the center white sticker with a different color rubik's logo and the words rubiks.com. It is the same price as the old ones others but far better.

Post subject: stickers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 7:19 am 
I was also skeptical at first, but they are in fact vinyl (or plastic) stickers.