Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:39 pm
I recently bought a 7x7 and 8x8. When I was working on the centers, i got down to the last 2. I couldnt figure it out! I noticed there was a parity on the last 2 centers on the 7x7 and 8x8 centers. Can someone please help me figure out how to solve the centers? Thanks

Cubemaster223


Last edited by Cubemaster223 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: England
A few things first, as I see you are a new member:

1. the brand that you have posted is considered a KO, so to save moderators time remove it/ don't post it.
2. its not a parody it parity.

I highly suggest MMAP videos for these questions, the link below is very useful and helped me when I was struggling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uis6NNQO1uc

Hope this helps
Robert

_________________
KelvinS wrote:
Can you post my number on there please, then maybe I won't have to pay for such calls in future...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:50 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
I noticed this is your first post. Congratulations for doing something over 1100 of our members haven't done! Anyways, is it a case where two centers are switched? If it is, here's the solution:
1. Place the two unsolved centers in the front and top faces.
2. Position the usolved center piece of the top face in the farthest back position.
3. Place the unsolved piece in the front side center at the far right position.
4. Do the algorithm U' R U L' U R' U' L where the U is the top layer only and the R and L slices are where the unsolved pieces are.
Hope this helps you!
BTW, I've got stuck in the KO policy mess before, just remove all mentions of the higher-than-7-layered cubes, the brand name, and the 'and up' part of the thread title so as to keep it not KO.

_________________
For all of you that bought a KO 8x8x8: You should have bought a V8!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:39 pm
Robert111 wrote:
A few things first, as I see you are a new member:

1. the brand that you have posted is considered a KO, so to save moderators time remove it/ don't post it.
2. its not a parody it parity.

I highly suggest MMAP videos for these questions, the link below is very useful and helped me when I was struggling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uis6NNQO1uc

Hope this helps
Robert



Oh sorry! I mispelled, my bad. Thank you for reminding me it is a knockoff too. Ill fix this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:39 pm
BelcherBoy2000 wrote:
I noticed this is your first post. Congratulations for doing something over 1100 of our members haven't done! Anyways, is it a case where two centers are switched? If it is, here's the solution:
1. Place the two unsolved centers in the front and top faces.
2. Position the usolved center piece of the top face in the farthest back position.
3. Place the unsolved piece in the front side center at the far right position.
4. Do the algorithm U' R U L' U R' U' L where the U is the top layer only and the R and L slices are where the unsolved pieces are.
Hope this helps you!
BTW, I've got stuck in the KO policy mess before, just remove all mentions of the higher-than-7-layered cubes, the brand name, and the 'and up' part of the thread title so as to keep it not KO.



Thank you! Ill try it out and let you know how it works. And thanks for fixing the KO policy mess up I had. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:50 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
I messed up it is U R U' L' U R' U' L and you might have to do it twice.

_________________
For all of you that bought a KO 8x8x8: You should have bought a V8!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 am
Hey Cubemaster223,
If you find that seeing it in a video helps, you might find this video helpful.

V-Cube 7x7x7 Pt 6 - Centers - Final Two

It's probably worth watching all 12 minutes of it, but the key part is around 3m30s. I show exactly how you can move center bits around anywhere. It uses the corner piece series, which is the (revised) sequence that Belcherboy2000 posted. Once you get the hang of it, you'll realise you can move center pieces at will on any large cubes. Maybe it'll help.

_________________
Youtube Twisty Puzzling
Blogger Twisty Puzzling - Simple Solutions for Puzzling Twisties
Tutorials: Pitcher Octo-Star Cube | GERANIUM | Wheel of Wisdom


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:39 pm
Alright thanks, videos generally do help for me, I'm working on my 7x7 and 8x8 right now and I'll let u know how it goes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solving the centers on a 7x7 and up. I am soo confused.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:39 pm
rline wrote:
Hey Cubemaster223,
If you find that seeing it in a video helps, you might find this video helpful.

V-Cube 7x7x7 Pt 6 - Centers - Final Two

It's probably worth watching all 12 minutes of it, but the key part is around 3m30s. I show exactly how you can move center bits around anywhere. It uses the corner piece series, which is the (revised) sequence that Belcherboy2000 posted. Once you get the hang of it, you'll realise you can move center pieces at will on any large cubes. Maybe it'll help.



Thank you guys so much! I am now able to solve my 7x7 and 8x8! If anyone viewing this post has any tips on how to solve the centers on a 7x7 or 8x8, feel free to leave a comment of your suggestion or tip!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group