Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Handmade wooden puzzle on 2x2x2 cube mechanism
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:54 am 

Hello, twistypuzzles-people!

I have my "Wooden Cube 2x2x2" for sale. Inside - plastic mechanism, outwardly - bamboo. I manufactured this cube two months. Price - $200. If you want to buy it, please send me message.

This is my first wooden twistypuzzle!

Attachments:
DSCF7325.JPG
DSCF7325.JPG [ 69.11 KiB | Viewed 1462 times ]
DSCF7318.JPG
DSCF7318.JPG [ 69.63 KiB | Viewed 1462 times ]

Post subject: Re: Handmade wooden puzzle on 2x2x2 cube mechanism
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:25 am 

With a standard 2x2 mechanism and wooden caps I unfortunately fail to see how this would be worth $200.00 but the best of luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 am 

andychilly wrote:
With a standard 2x2 mechanism and wooden caps I unfortunately fail to see how this would be worth $200.00 but the best of luck.

Thank you for "best of luck"!
This is my first experience, my Pinocchio :D
I am sad to sell it... Therefore $200

P.S. I would be grateful for any criticism!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:28 pm 

I think it's beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:32 pm 

If only all the woods made it scramble and solvable instead of all looking rather the same!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:48 pm 

it shape shifts a little, so it looks like you can scramble and solve it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 pm 
Guimplen wrote:
andychilly wrote:

Thank you for "best of luck"!
This is my first experience, my Pinocchio :D
I am sad to sell it... Therefore $200

P.S. I would be grateful for any criticism!

"I am sad to sell it... Therefore $200". I too wish you the best of luck on this, unfortunately I doubt people will pay 200 just because you have sentimental value. Sentimental value usually isn't worth much to anybody accept the person who holds this value to it, being you. I have seen some puzzles put up for sale that are ridiculous amounts for what they are. Personally, I would feel like I'm robbing somebody for selling something for way more than it's actually worth, but to me this puzzle is not worth 200 dollars, but might to somebody else. Sorry for the criticism, but you asked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 pm 

Handmade and custom puzzle values are always difficult to set. From the perspective of a builder, it is very hard to be compensated for your time with hand made work. Once you refine the process and make multiple sets you can often optimize a bit for price, but I have found few hand made puzzles where I felt the maker was getting a good hourly wage. The prices do tend to be high, but the work involved tends to be a labor of love, not a great money maker.

But what people are willing to pay has little to do with the effort to make something. These days there are many choices so puzzle budgets get spread thin and spending a lot on any one puzzle isn't as easy as it used to be.

Nonetheless it looks very nice, and I hope you find someone who will appreciate your efforts *and* have the funds to reward them!

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:51 pm 

вероятность такой сделки думаю минимальна... хотя может и свезет (у меня за такую сумму всего несколько головоломок ушло)
я понимаю ручная работа и все такое, но сейчас это плохо ценится... не то что несколько лет назад.

совет: 1) напиши прямые письма с эксклюзивным предложением нескольким коллекционерам
2) предложи Кальвину повесить ее на 1ой странице своего магазина он берет комиссию 10 процентов если продастся
3) попробуй рискнуть на ебае (ну или резерв прайс поставь) - тогда узнаешь сколько она на самом деле стоит ;)
только будь готов к тому что за 10-ку может реально продастся (я несколько раз и так обжегся)

Удачи :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:43 am 

grigr wrote:
вероятность такой сделки думаю минимальна... хотя может и свезет

Спасибо за советы! Я действительно, не спешу продавать эту головоломку, поэтому и такая цена. Т.е. продам только тому, кто её полюбит :) Я ведь свои головоломки, которые продаю, делаю всегда на заказ, под конкретного человека :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:58 am 

cisco wrote:
it shape shifts a little, so it looks like you can scramble and solve it.

My Wooden Сube does not change color, it changes its shape. Because one of his coat slightly rotated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:17 am 

Thats good advice from Grigr.

Ebay will give you a good idea on what people are willing to pay and their are plenty of puzzle collectors that may want it purely for aesthetics.

p.s isn't this an English language forum only? the forum is here so anyone can access information and help and if you speak in russian a lot of people wont understand and may consider it rude? though i'm not sure what the policy is on this but it makes sense to stick to one language.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:48 am 

Andy, all right
I do not want here anyone to learn how to sell the puzzle!
so I made ​​a post in Russian. I know that Guimplen it will be able to read

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:01 am 

with all due respect. (and I honestly mean that) that would be what PM is useful for :D

Especially considering I Dont speak Russian and managed to translate the whole text perfectly with Google translate.

but anyway I dont wish to argue the point any further It was just a fleeting comment and not what this thread was intended for. and for that I apologise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 pm 

I'll agree with andychilly that a PM would be the ideal way to accomplish the particular goal of a direct message. If others are not to read it, a PM enforces that.

I wouldn't say other languages are forbidden, but courtesy to your audience (where English is the most common shared language here) would request that you translate for others to enjoy. If your text is not meant for the forum in general, it really shouldn't be a post.

Most of the time non-English text is from a few of our members who can read English but are not proficient writers. We're happy to have them and their contributions and usually someone will follow up with a personal translation or at least Google Translate.

Sometimes something may be best said in the native language and in those cases by all means use it for those who can understand. But please also then translate the best you can for the rest of us!

Dave