Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Cubers in Thunder Bay, Ontario???
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:16 pm
Just a crazy shot in the dark here, but are any of the forum members from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada? It's so lonely cubing in this city ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubers in Thunder Bay, Ontario???
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 8:50 am
Location: chicago, IL area U.S.A
I'm up in Superior Wisconsin a few times a year. One of these days we'll drive the few extra hours up to Thunder Bay. If we do, I'll let you know.

-d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubers in Thunder Bay, Ontario???
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm
Location: Sioux Lookout, Canada
Swami wrote:
Just a crazy shot in the dark here, but are any of the forum members from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada? It's so lonely cubing in this city ;)
I'm in Sioux Lookout, so about 5.5 hours to the north-west. Still closer than Toronto! I think there are going to be a lot of cubers in this area in the future. I recently sent a kit of cubes to a grade 5/6 class (ages 10-12) in one of our remote communities and they are learning to solve. I have four more kits to send. :mrgreen: So what would you do to promote cubing/twisty puzzle solving in this remote and diverse area?

_________________
PeteTheGeek196 on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubers in Thunder Bay, Ontario???
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:16 pm
Pete the Geek wrote:
Swami wrote:
Just a crazy shot in the dark here, but are any of the forum members from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada? It's so lonely cubing in this city ;)
I'm in Sioux Lookout, so about 5.5 hours to the north-west. Still closer than Toronto! I think there are going to be a lot of cubers in this area in the future. I recently sent a kit of cubes to a grade 5/6 class (ages 10-12) in one of our remote communities and they are learning to solve. I have four more kits to send. :mrgreen: So what would you do to promote cubing/twisty puzzle solving in this remote and diverse area?


Promoting cubing here could be as easy as hosting some sort of "learn to solve the Rubik's Cube" event. How many poor 3x3x3 cubes have been sitting in a box in some guy's basement since the 1980s? You'd need to put up posters on telephone poles, on school bulletin boards, in community centres, etc... You'd need catchy taglines like "Still Removing The Stickers? STOP THAT!" or "Don't Let The Cube Win!" or "Open Bar!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cubers in Thunder Bay, Ontario???
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 8:50 am
Location: chicago, IL area U.S.A
Swami wrote:
Promoting cubing here could be as easy as hosting some sort of "learn to solve the Rubik's Cube" event. How many poor 3x3x3 cubes have been sitting in a box in some guy's basement since the 1980s? You'd need to put up posters on telephone poles, on school bulletin boards, in community centres, etc... You'd need catchy taglines like "Still Removing The Stickers? STOP THAT!" or "Don't Let The Cube Win!" or "Open Bar!"


Open bar would certainly get me there! Just as long as I'm not the host :)

-d


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group