Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Whih should I get?
Master Pyraminx 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
Dayan Gem I 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Curvy Copter 40%  40%  [ 18 ]
WitEden 3x3x9 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Geared Pyraminx 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Dayan Gem III 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
Mf8 Master Kilominx 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Mf8 Dino-Dodecahedron 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Standard Crazy Tetrahedron 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Standard 3-layer Pentahedron 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Any other suggestions! 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject: New puzzle I should get
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 am 

Soon, I will have been on this planet for 15 years. It will also be time I got off my lazy fill-in-the-blank and get a job. Now, I will be working for minimum wage, but as long as I have some spending money, all is well. So, once I have my first paycheck, which puzzle should I buy first? If none of the other puzzles tickle your peach, I'm open for suggestions!

Post subject: Re: New puzzle I should get
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 am 

The DIY bandaged cube kit from CubeTwist is a phenomenal deal for $18. You can make tons of variants with it.

Crazy2Face & Crazy3Face Puzzle Spreadsheet
Named 3x3x3 Bandaging Patterns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am 

I find it hysterical how no one voted for the geared Pyraminx :lol: I should have added that I will replace the screws and washers so it will turn better

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 pm 

TDRaichu wrote:
Soon, I will have been on this planet for 15 years. It will also be time I got off my lazy fill-in-the-blank and get a job. Now, I will be working for minimum wage, but as long as I have some spending money, all is well. So, once I have my first paycheck, which puzzle should I buy first? If none of the other puzzles tickle your peach, I'm open for suggestions!

I always answer this question the same. Get the one that YOU want. Only your opinion matters.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:43 pm 

Tony Fisher wrote:
TDRaichu wrote:

I always answer this question the same. Get the one that YOU want. Only your opinion matters.

The puzzles in the poll are ones that I definately want to get. I just want to know which one I should get first.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm 

From those in the poll, I only have the Curvy Copter. I also have a 3x3x7, which is almost the same as the 3x3x9.

I love the curvy copter, it's very different compared to almost everything else. I think it's one of the puzzles everyone should have.

The 3x3x7 (or 3x3x9) is a shapeshifting cuboid. But if you haven't touched any cuboids, I'd recommend getting first a 3x3x2. It's very easy, but it introduces you to the algorithms that you will need for every other cuboid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:08 pm 

kami_sama wrote:
But if you haven't touched any cuboids, I'd recommend getting first a 3x3x2. It's very easy, but it introduces you to the algorithms that you will need for every other cuboid.

I already have a 3x3x2. I also have a 3x3x4 and a 3x3x5. I was able to memorize the algorithms needed for these puzzles.