Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My experience with witeden
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 am 

I'm posting this thread to tell of my recent experience with witeden and find out whether others have had similar experiences or not.

I ordered a puzzle from witeden sometime in late November. Around mid-December I received a puzzle that I hadn't ordered. It had no information of who it was from, and so after googling the sender (which turned out to be a courier company in Hong Kong), I posted a thread hoping for more information. Witeden responded and said yes there'd been a mixup. They'd sent my puzzle to someone else and I'd received that person's puzzle. Email him and it'd be sorted. I was happy with this and thanked witeden on the thread.

I've since then emailed witeden on a number of occasions trying to get resolution. So far, still none. I've been asked to send $5 for shipping so they can send the correct one. I've been told that the new witeden puzzles (442, 443 camouflages) are out and so when I order them they'll send me my correct puzzle. These are their only two offers. I've now simply asked for my money to be refunded as I don't feel I should have to spend more money to get something I ordered. (In any event I'd already ordered those new ones from my usual supplier.)

As of now witeden appears to have stopped communicating with me and so I guess he has my money and I have nothing. It's not a huge amount of money but I'm struggling to see how or why witeden won't just send the correct puzzle or refund my money, either of which, at this stage, I'd be happy with.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with witeden? I like their puzzles and will continue to buy them (from my normal supplier) but I can't see myself buying from witeden again. This is all pretty disappointing to me. I wouldn't have thought things like this would happen these days. I sincerely hope I'm the only one this has happened to and that others don't need to think twice before ordering from witeden.

Post subject: Re: My experience with witeden
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:50 am 

I've ordered from Witeden two or three times without incident. Granted I'm in the US and none of my orders were in the last three months and I'm only <= 3 data points...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 am 

I've only ordered from WitEden once just recently, and I found the service to be pretty excellent as a whole. Shipping to the UK was quite speedy as well if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 am 

rline wrote:
...Has anyone else had a similar experience with witeden? I like their puzzles and will continue to buy them (from my normal supplier) but I can't see myself buying from witeden again. This is all pretty disappointing to me. I wouldn't have thought things like this would happen these days. I sincerely hope I'm the only one this has happened to and that others don't need to think twice before ordering from witeden.
I can understand that you are rightful not happy with this.
I have ordered several times from Witeden directly and had no problems caused by them (I had once a problem caused by EMS with one of my orders, but this was not Witeden's fault.) Recently, I bought Witeden puzzles from "my normal supplier" (Probably the same as yours :) )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:28 am 

I have ordered from them twice directly, and both times I've been very happy, the correct puzzles arrived within about 10 days on both occasions.

I remember your previous thread on this, and if I was in your position, I would be extremely angry about it. They have made the mistake, the cost of fixing that mistake should lie with them. Something like this happening to me would make me stop buying their puzzles entirely, no matter how much I enjoy them. I will not buy things from companies that give me this kind of bad customer service.

Latest videos: Unboxing / Review of Curvy copter Plus, David Gear Cube, Octo-star Cube

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am 

I've ordered from Witeden several times and always received the correct puzzles promptly. However, hearing about how they deal with their own mistakes would make me hesitant to order from them again - to expect you to pay extra for their mistake is ridiculous.

Has the time passed for a paypal dispute (45 days) or credit card (i think up to 6 months depending on your card/country) - you should always keep your eye on these times and if you haven't received your order open a complaint.

Even if you have received good service from the seller in the past it allows more time for the correct delivery to occur while still leaving you with options, otherwise you are leaving your problem to the discretion of the seller.

At the end of the day though I can't believe the cost of a 2x2 is important enough to Witeden for them to risk their reputation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm 

I don't like to post negative things, but I had a very similar thing to rline happen to me with Witeden (so I feel obliged to post), but it was quite a long time ago. As part of a larger order I received 1 wrong puzzle and 1 puzzle that was missing a part. They ran me around with emails, asking for photos, asking for a new order, etc.. and I eventually just let it go. Other suppliers have replaced things immediately.

I agree with Zzupler, it's easy enough to open up a Paypal claim.

PB 3x3 55sec Jan 2011 (When I was a kid 1:30 was speedcubing so I'm stoked).
1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 am 

Quote:
At the end of the day though I can't believe the cost of a 2x2 is important enough to Witeden for them to risk their reputation.

Exactly. It boggles the mind.

Zzupler wrote:
Has the time passed for a paypal dispute (45 days) or credit card (i think up to 6 months depending on your card/country) - you should always keep your eye on these times and if you haven't received your order open a complaint.

Burgo wrote:
I agree with Zzupler, it's easy enough to open up a Paypal claim.

I agree with both of you, it's super-easy to open a claim. It all gets hazy for me when after following paypal's steps, I first read,

The seller is unable to respond to you. You will need to escalate this to a claim.

...and when I then make an actual claim (as instructed by papyal), I then read

Your item is not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. Thus, we are not able to help you at this point.
However, if more claims are being filed against this seller within the next 180 days we will review this case more closely. Please contact the seller directly to solve this case. We have to debit the reversal amount as well as a 5 EUR processing fee from your PayPal account.

...which I take to mean...

"You sucker!!!"

and apparently now paypal will charge me "the reversal amount" plus 5 euros.

What a wonderful system.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 am 

I ordered puzzles on witeden several times, no problem,
but last several years I ordered all puzzle on http://www.hknowstore.com.
If there is any problem (I haven't had it), best solution will be provided via
perfect communication.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 am 

rline wrote:
Your item is not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. Thus, we are not able to help you at this point. However, if more claims are being filed against this seller within the next 180 days we will review this case more closely. Please contact the seller directly to solve this case. We have to debit the reversal amount as well as a 5 EUR processing fee from your PayPal account.

What a wonderful system.

Ahh yes, I think I got caught with this in my early days of internet shopping - if something is not bought on ebay paypal only care about confirmation of receiving an item, not whether it is correct.
Did you confirm receipt of an item? I think it depends on how you phrase the dispute with paypal but i'm not sure.

I saw your other post where witeden replied admitting they had made a mistake so I really only have one thing to add:

- Shame on you Witeden! -

you admitted sending the wrong item to Rline, it is up to you to correct your mistake at your own expense. After reading of Rline's experiences I certainly won't be shopping on your website again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 am 

I really hope that member Witeden reads the posts in this thread!!!
A good reputation can be ruined very fast!

Your sad Paypal experience adds certainly to all the anger you felt already :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 am 

Quote:
Your sad Paypal experience adds certainly to all the anger you felt already :(

Just to be completely clear: I'm not really angry. I am frustrated though, just from the hassle of it all. I also need to say it's not a huge monetary amount and this situation is nothing like a "terrible" situation. There are much worse things going on in the world.

I started this thread (with the blessing of Dave and Rox) not with the intention of "having a go" at witeden, but more as something that might benefit the TP community. The issue has never been the fact that they sent the wrong puzzle. Everyone makes mistakes. The issue has always been the followup customer service, which I think everyone would agree is pretty important. For myself, I can't take the risk of ordering from witeden again.

Quote:
but last several years I ordered all puzzle on http://www.hknowstore.com.
If there is any problem (I haven't had it), best solution will be provided via
perfect communication.

I always order from this seller unless he does not have the item (which is why I ordered from witeden in this case).

Clearly, witeden "usually" gets it right. I would like to think that witeden might now take the opportunity to restore their reputation.

(I'm also quite curious as to whose type C 2x2x2 cube I have :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm 

I have ordered 12 times from Witeden and I had no problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 am 

Well it's been over a week since I started this thread. As of now, witeden haven't responded on the thread (nor privately). Some have posted with only positive comments and others with not-all-positive. I was just reading this on another recent thread, and I think it's relevant here:

Quote:
The first sign of trouble in a business is a shift away from a customer-focused culture. Let's hope this is not the case here, but I agree the shift in tone is most worrysome.

Quote:
Yep, to manage customer expectations you have to say what you'll do, and do (at least) what you've said.

As of now, witeden certainly haven't done what they've said, which was to supply me with a particular product for a particular price! So, as a concluding comment, I'd advise people to think extremely carefully before purchasing directly from witeden. It's quite disappointing to me that even after this thread, they haven't attended to what, in my mind, is the number 1 requirement, namely good folllowup customer service.