Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone here have experience with Greasemonkey?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 am 

As I mentioned in the surgery topic, I have been looking for ways to customize websites to make them easier to navigate with a screen reader. Based on my research regarding Firefox extensions, it seems the Greasemonkey scripting engine probably offers the best chance of accomplishing this goal. However, while I am fairly knowledable about computers, I know nothing about javascript and have no prior experience with Greasemonkey.

That said, I am requesting help. First of all, I would like to know if any of you know a good site for finding and installing already made scripts and any suggestions on finding scripts that are relevent to my needs. Secondly, do you think it would be worth learning javascript in order to make my own greasemonkey scripts, and if so, where would be a good place to start learning?

In particular, a few things I would like to do with Greasemonkey scripts if possible:
-Reduce the forum index table on this and other forums to just the new post indicates and links to individual forums.
-Similarly, reduce thread lists to just the new post indicator an links to indiviual threads.
-Reduce the table on thread pages to just the Username feild and the actual post contents.
-Reduce the compose post pages on forums to little more than the subject line, message box, and and submit button.
-Specific to this site: remove the navigation header and the recent activity and shop sidebars. In other words, display the just the forums.

Any help with finding solutions to these issues, or anything else that might be helpful would be greatly appreciated.

I pledge allegiance to the whole of humanity, and to the world in which we live: one people under the heavens, indivisible, with Liberty and Equality for all.

My Shapeways Shop