I present my New puzzle: 4D-Time Cube
0. this is first Screw-Twisty-Puzzle, Oscar and Alex Polonsky recently published Screw Cube (but designed later): http://www.shapeways.com/model/687108/screw-cube.html
I could publish my first prototype in the beginning of the year, but I did not like the quality of the puzzle
1. author of the idea Mike Armbrust (PuzzleMaster6262), but the idea of a mechanism, name and stickers - my
2. inspiration here (Elevator cube): viewtopic.php?p=224874#p224874
, everything is done with the permission of the author's ideas ...
the other guy showed his idea of the mechanism, but I already had my own drawings and parts: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22770
here is the first attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDbLmX4ky9Q
, and first prototype: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQn-b3rtoj4
it is a whole year of work ... this is one of my most difficult puzzles ...
3. this is analogue Сonstrayned cube (Tomz) and Quarter Cube (Okamoto), but IMHO much more elegant... You can build a lot of difirent puzzles
4. moving centers when screw ends, they block the face and it is not turning on ...
5. movement centers creates more freedom to move elements to the existing 3rd, so called 4D puzzle cube, and since with the 4th dimension of time, are often associated, so I decided to compare the various centers of different time intervals during the day
about hands: hour and minute hands indicate the freedom of movement, second hand for beauty.
face turn clockwise leads to rise the center, and counterclockwise to subsidence - if it is of course inherent in the configuration screw
0. free / 360dg, without threads and blocks (no clock dial) - Yellow
1. 3:00 / +90dg, single-clockwise rotation, with the rise of the center - orange
2. 6:00 / +180 dg, double turn clockwise, with the rise of the center - Brown
3. 9:00 /-90dg, single turn to counter-clockwise, with the lowering of the center - green
4. 9:15 /-90dg, +90 dg, single turn to counter-clockwise, with the lowering of the center, as well as single-clockwise rotation, with the rise of the center - blue
5. 12:00 / 0dg, full block, all the arrows on the line, everything stopped, the night in the yard - black