Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Something I put together using Oskar's Treasure Chest puzzle
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:07 pm 
Hello everybody. I'm not asking you to join my contest or subscribe to me, I'm just here showing you all some hard work that I put together in a video series contest where I highlight Oskar's Treasure Chest =)

This took me hours and hours to do, making pictures, filming, mapping things out, voice overs, redering/exporting, uploading and annotating. There was a lot of thought and time put into this. I'm sure I will not see my money's worth out of this but that is not why I did it. I like to make YouTube video's that nobody else has done, or have been rarely done. I think this work is an example of something like that.

Ever since I thought of this idea some time ago I have been excited and it's finally done. I think that the engineering that went into the making of Oskar's Treasure Chest is incredible and I can't think of a better way to help people understand the concept behind it than to actually do a treasure hunt with it.

The making of this video series was relatively easy, just a lot of planning. I've become somewhat skilled on the computer programs that I use, so editing and creating pictures didn't take much time at all. There are 25 video's all together however there may seem to be WAY more than that because of the labyrinth of paths that I have created between them. There are 3 buried treasures with some smaller prizes, and then the chest of gold with a big prize. The chest of gold of course is harder to find =)

I can imagine how this video series might frustrate some people haha. I did another series months ago which was an interactive rubiks cube solve which consisted of 167 video's and took me over a month to make, working many hours a day. I will leave a link to that series as well.

Oskars Treasure Chest Video Series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXYaKnq0oM0

Previous Interactive Rubiks Cube Solve Series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSIqMio3AJg

If you have any feedback on this, please feel free to share =)

Post subject: Re: Something I put together using Oskar's Treasure Chest pu
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 am 

I just played this on your channel this morning and played until i found all the treasures :D very nice job, it was fun...despite all the yaaaarrrs :lol:

I was actually trying to map it all out to begin with, but it would taken many hours to go down every possible path i think :shock:

I'm curious to know what the 'gold' prize is too - I'm looking forward to it arriving at my door so i can find out :lol:

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:12 am 

Hi Dan.
I found the Treasure Chest and the Zhanchi Illusion, but I don't have the time to look for more.
Maybe people on the forum get a few extra comments? :lol:
It is very clear the amount of time and hard work you spent on this. Great job.

-Doug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 am 

i found the zhanchi Illusion, the Rainbow Leaf Cube and the Treasure chest! I found it on the first try! I guess I was EXTREMELY lucky :p
Keep making videos, Dan, your content is very good and you make the video in a way that it never gets boring!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:43 am 

I found them all, in two separate sessions of searching. Found that diamond like three or four times hahah.. man that one was getting irritating.

I can see the amount of work that has gone into this. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:08 pm 

Wow. You put in a lot of work into this and it turned out great. Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm 

I'm pretty lucky. I found all 4 without repetitons :) It took me less than half of hour if summed