Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nasty shock telephone bill
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:12 pm 

Check this out

Post subject: Re: Nasty shock telephone bill
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 pm 

Yeah, the telecom.
If there is one company in the world for which I would have myself beeing banned from this forum due to extreme cursing and rage it would be them.

My sister heard this exact story in the radio while driving (she just told me as I shared your link).

That women called these people more than 10 times in 3 months and it was only a couple of days before deadline of paypent or so. They wouldn't agree that a couple of trillions can't be right.

What I wonder is, what would have happened if she hadn't done anything. Would the telecom really sue you and than find itself in a trial where they need to justify getting a couple of trillions from you because you didn't answer?

It's rediculous.

We have a problem with the telecom at our home at the moment as well. They want us to pay 3 internet connections even though we have only 2.
Because supposedly it hasn't been possible until now to have more than one internet connection per household. That statet claim is obviously wrong since we simply have had two for a long time already. Now they say we need to buy that second one we ALREADY own and pay .
However the second payment won't be replaced by the new one because it couldn't have been there actually. So now we are forced to pay an addittional third connection, which is the second one we already own and pay because it is supposedly new. Since, like I already said, having two connections in one household is a novelty. So we need to pay three times for two connections.

The simple proven fact that two connections have been paid for months is not even enough to convince the telecom that there infact were two connections before already. And even if it hadn't been possible to have those two connections, they just won't admit that we would have paid to much.

The person on the phone will always tell my mum or dad that we will need to pay the second one, giving us a third bill because it can't have been there before, although the already paid second bill will stay because something that hasn't been there couldn't possibly removed, now could it?

They are all. IDIOTS.

Don't anyone in this forum who works for these folks take my rioting in this post too serious or personal please! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 pm 

The telecom companies really are the worst for this. Its the same reason that starting back as early as the late 60s people around the world began telecom hacking, or "phreaking" back in the day it was relatively easy for someone to hack a phone, not so much nowadays. But the telecom capitalizing communications is the reason people did it. Back then with about 4 parts from radioshack you could build a circuit that could let you receive long distance calls for free! The companies are smarter nowadays.

3x3 PB: 30.36 - Beginner's method plus four look LL (24.08 with PLL skip)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:30 pm 

brainboy19 wrote:
The companies are smarter nowadays.

...except in the customer service department, where they employ people like Carol Beer. :lol: