Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:30 am 

I just want to verify and add on to my order:

1 - 12 tile Magic

1 - 3x3x3 Studio (Without glued centers)

1 - Studio Rubik's Revenge (4x4x4)

and

1 - Studio 2x2x2

That should do it. Sorry for the confusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:30 am 

I would like to have:

1x 3x3x3 (with unattached caps)
1x 8-tile Magic
1x 12-tile Magic

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:05 pm 

2x2x2 cube is available

I have been told I can get this cube. I don't have a price and I have never purchased them straight from the studio before. Until I know more, plan on $10 which is the same as the Tangle puzzle.

Attachments:
2-Mini_Buvos_Kocka-sealed.jpg
2-Mini_Buvos_Kocka-sealed.jpg [ 18.03 KiB | Viewed 17049 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:55 pm 

yay! I wanted this to be true :D :D :D
Also is the 2x2 any different from the seventowns version? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:52 pm 

It should be the same cube as the seventowns. No difference except for the package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:13 am 

Dodd wrote:
It should be the same cube as the seventowns. No difference except for the package.

I opened my studio 2x2x2 and it is the same internally except for the fact that the internal pieces of the studio version seem a little nicer. It also seems smoother turning but still not approaching Eastsheen 2x turning status by any means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:07 am 

I would like to order, too (just registered to do so, after reading for a while):

1 - 8 tile Magic
1 - 12 tile Magic
1 - 3x3x3 Studio
1 - 4x4x4 Studio
1 - 2x2x2 Studio

Kind regards,
Memo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:47 pm 

I would like to order

one 3x3x3 cube

Tnanks a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:58 pm 

hey, ill add a 8 tile magic to my previous order

By the way Dodd: how soon will we be emailed with the orders?

-----
korkow@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:32 am 

Is there a fixed deadline for this order yet? I'm rounding up a group order to Sweden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:48 pm 

Final Update :)

I think I pretty much have all my questions answered so it is time to move ahead.

The 3x3x3 cube has flat centers like before. Here is a picture

I guess they want to keep this cube in its original form and not modify it.

The 2x2x2 cube is available

The new 5x5x5 cube will not be available until the end of APRIL. Currently they do have 30 of them which would be enough for everyone, but I am told the stickers are not very good. I do not know what the improvements are but I am going to ask again.

Here is my plan.

The end of this week I will be sending all of you Private Messages confirming the number of puzzles you want. I would like to place this order at the end of this month. After confirming your order, I plan to place my order and at that time would like a payment from all of you. I would just like the total for the puzzles. You can pay for the shipping at the time I ship them to you. I hope to ship both the pucks and the cubes together for those of you who ordered both.

If you want the new 5x5x5. I plan on ordering just those and nothing else at the end of April. If anyone wants the current one that is available, let me know when you answer my private message.

I would like all cube orders placed to my in the next 9 Days which would be February 22nd. Any other questions, please ask.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:41 am 

Thanks for putting this together Dodd. Here's my order:

1 - 12 Tile Magic
1 - 2x2x2 Studio
1 - 4x4x4 Studio

-Bill

I've gone off the idea of progress. It's overrated. - Arthur Dent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:56 pm 

Confirmatons by Private Message have been sent

I have just sent 49 private messages to all of you. Whew, I am worn out :lol:

Please confirm a.s.a.p, but you do have until Wednesday.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:39 pm 

Here comes the Swedish order finally:

3x3x3: 9
8 Tile Magic: 5
4x4x4: 6
12 Tile Magic: 5
Tangel: 1
Triamid: 1
5x5x5: 6
2x2x2: 2

Any chance of having it sent directly to Sweden? Or is the detour to the US unavoidable? If enough 5x5x5's are not available we'll take what you can spare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:53 pm 

Hey Everyone,

I've offered to donate Dodd 30 sets of 5x5 stickers to distribute with the newly improved cubes.

So if you want Dodd to order them let him know.

Chris

Buy online at http://www.cubesmith.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:58 pm 

2 days left

Thank you to all of you who have quickly gotten back to me and confirmed your orders. The PM feature is getting a workout :lol: This order is getting big too.

Including the pucks and the improved 5x5x5 in April, I will be ordering almost 400 puzzles :shock:

If you have not confirmed your order yet, please do so a.s.a.p. I want to place the studio cube order on Wednesday night so hopefully they can get back to me before the weekend if there are any problems.

The puck order has been placed but the owner has been sick and out of the office for the past week or two. If all goes well, I should have both puzzle orders at about the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:21 pm 

Ah two days left.
Please add one 3x3 cube.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:46 am 

Gimme a 3x3 thats all I can afford right now also are we gtting then with unglued center caps? If we can that would be awesome thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:32 pm 

24 hours left

24 hours from this post I will be sending in my order. Any changes and/or confirmations will need to be in by then. I am getting a handful of extra 3x3x3 cubes and maybe 1 or 2 4x4x4's and 1 of each magic. I really wasn't planning on getting 277 puzzles from the rubiks studio which is 2 1/2 times larger than the last order :lol: I hope you guys don't want any more studio cubes this year :lol: If it weren't for the magic puzzles then the order would be much smaller. I am glad to be able to help all of you. Maybe next time someone else can head up an group order. 8-) I don't really mind except for the time it takes to box them all up and ship them out. I will post an update once I hear everything is good. Then I will send you all payment instructions.

I am now off to see the Globetrotters play 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:12 am 

This is probably about two seconds late or so. If it is possible? then add an extra 2x2x2 to the Swedish (Gustav's) order.

One guy showed up at the forum of SveKub and asked if it is possible to get an extra 2x2x2, Gustav is away for something so he has not seen it yet so I had to do this for him :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:02 pm 

Got it added Kenneth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 pm 

I have submitted my order. Hopefully all goes well. Once they say it is good I will send out payment messages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:31 pm 

of course, i log on and see this thread mere DAYS after the deadline, god i suck. i guess i will have to check on here more often. . . :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:11 pm 

HI Everyone,

My contact at the Rubik's Studio is out of the office until Wednesday, but he did leave a message saying that he would get me an invoice when he returns. Therefore, I do not see any problems with the large order that I submitted. I will begin sending payment messages today so I can get a wire transfer to them as soon as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:10 pm 

All payment instructions have been sent to all of you. Thank you to all of you who have paid already. If you have any questions, let me know. I will post updates as I get them right here, so check back for updated information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:57 pm 

:) Thank you to all of you who have paid so quickly. Over %80 of you have paid and some even paid in full. I would leave you all great feedback if I could :lol: My contact gets back tomorrow so hopefully I will have good news. Any questions or payment issues, please let me know.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:31 pm 

Dodd, I didn't get a payment message. Is that because I'm only ordering the improved 5x5x5?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:34 pm 

That is correct, no one got billed for the new 5x5x5's I will message you all that wanted them when they become available. April is what I have been told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:46 pm 

Hi all ! :D

I believe that the improvements to the 5x5x5 will be modified wings of the outer edges. I have discussed this with Seventowns both in Orlando and later via e-mail. I have talked to both David Hedley Jones and technical director Steve Perrin about this. I sent Steve a diagram of the desired modification which should make the outer layers turn much nicer and make the new version hopefully quite nice out of the box 8-)

I'm a bit disappointed if they have chosen not to switch to screws. Maybe they afraid of the durability of the screws? And more awkward assembly. I don't know. Hopefully they have found other improvements too. They can only improve their sales by making it better cause it's reputed to be hard to turn. Many avoid it for that reason and opt for the Eastsheen variety :roll:

Cheers! :lol:

-Per :solved:

PS! I want 2 improved 555's when they become available :wink: !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:11 am 

perfredlund wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed if they have chosen not to switch to screws. Maybe they afraid of the durability of the screws? And more awkward assembly.

Dodd, can you ask them about a DIY 5x5?

Optimally with screws, but I'd prefer to assemble it myself even with rivets (though I'd try to find fitting screws instead).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:05 pm 

Update

All looks good on the order. I have been told it will take about 6 days for all the magics to be made. Thank you all for your fast payments. The pucks should be here next week.

I have been in very little contact with one of the two people that perfredlund
mentions above. I have not heard back from any of my last two messages that I have sent. Thank you perfredlund for some information on the 5x5x5. I will let you know if I find out anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:43 am 

hey Dodd, we all seriously appreciate this

thanks again :D

-chris joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:10 am 

hey Dodd,
any words about the studio cube shippment yet?

Thanks
Chris Yi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:50 pm 

Update

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for being patient. I could use a little myself. :lol: I wish people would be a little more descriptive with their emails so it dosn't take 3 messages and several days to get a question answered. :?

Anyways, it appears that all the magic puzzles have been made. I am trying to get final confirmation today. I had to reduce my order slightly because of the weight and having to get multiple boxes. I am not getting any extra puzzles at this time since I will be ordering 5x5x5 cubes in April. I wasn't going to pay a lot more in shipping when I will be ordering again in April.

As far as the 5x5x5 cubes go. Originally I was told there were 30 of the current 5x5x5 cube available. Today, I was told there are only 3 available to fill the 17 that I ordered. Therefore here are the options. If you have already paid me for a 5x5x5 cube you can either,

1) get a refund
2) wait until April
3) If you haven't paid for shipping use some of the funds for shipping and i will refund the rest.

I told them I would like a total a.s.a.p so I can wire the funds this week. If so, I should have the puzzles at the end of next week. Sorry this is taking so long. Why do people have to take a holiday when others are trying to get something done. :lol:

Thanks

Dodd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:46 pm 

I was told that our cube order would be ready to ship on Monday. As soon as they give me a grand total I will wire the funds. They are being shipped by express mail so I hope to have them on Friday. I will keep you updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:41 pm 

Update

Hi Everyone,

Here is the latest news. I was hoping to pay for the cubes this past Monday and have the cubes by Friday or the coming Monday. However, once again I have a communications problem. On Monday I received a message saying the puzzles are ready to ship. I asked for a total so I could wire the funds. They responded saying that they have not received my payment yet. I told them, I haven't sent it yet, I need a total. With the time change it usually takes a day to get a response. This morning I saw that they read my last email and I sent another at 6 am this morning. However, I did not hear back from them. I know the shipping total of one box, but I do not know the shipping of my other box or the total of the puzzles themselves. I hope to have a total tomorrow. I asked when they would have it for me if they could not get it today, but they did not respond. I was hoping to have the puzzles by now. Sorry for the delay. The magic puzzles caused some of the delay. I will let you know when I have paid and when the puzzles have been shipped to me. They are coming by express mail so I should have them withing 4 days of being shipped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:24 pm 

SWEET! I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:38 pm 

Good News

I finally got a final total this morning. The order has been paid, and all your funds have been deducted out of my account :cry: Oh well, it wasn't my money anyway :lol:

Sorry this has taken so long. I hope they can receive the payment and ship the cubes on Monday. If so, I should have them by next Friday. I will post another message when they have been shipped to me.

This order was much bigger than I thought it would be. Because of the size I tried to narrow it down to 1 box, but it didn't work so I had to get 2 boxes. This should be better for the cubes anyway since the 2 boxes will not be so heavy and should travel better across the world. I did get a few extra 3x3x3's and a couple 4x4x4's. I will be taking orders for the new 5x5x5 cube once I get a picture. I was able to get 1 of the old ones. The 5x5x5 order will be much smaller so I probably won't collect your money until the order has been paid.

Thanks for being patient. Hopefully in another week they will be on their way to your doorstep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:23 pm 

I received word today that they received my payment. However, they did not tell me if they have shipped the puzzles. I am hoping they did that today also. I will let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:57 am 

oh no. i missed it! :(

would i be able to place an order on the normal 3x3x3's when you put the order in for the improved 5x5x5's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:58 pm 

Update

I finally have some news. The studio received my payment last Thursday and the puzzles are being express shipped tomorrow (Tuesday). I plan to ship them out to all of you next Monday. Sorry for the delay. This has taken way longer than I planned on. Once these cubes are mailed I will follow up on the status of the 5x5x5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:33 pm 

Any new updates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:20 pm 

Update
I just returned from the post office with 1 of my 2 boxes. I am surprised that express mail is taking so long. It only took 3 days last time. Anyways I have opened the box and this box has none of the 93 3x3x3 studio cubes in it and I have about half of my 8 tile magics. I am sending out whatever orders I can. Hopefully I will have the studio cubes tomorrow.
Thanks for being patient.

Dodd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:24 pm 

Rubik Studio is now selling the 5x5x5 cubes!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:47 pm 

Yes, they will be available. As soon as I receive my other box I will ask them when the new improved one will be ready. I was originally told the end of April. I was able to get just 1 of the old ones. As soon as I get a picture of it I will post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:51 am 

There is one in ebay. But I can't put the link here according to the rules...

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:59 am 

I received the rest of the studio cubes today. However, I do have a small problem. Almost all of the 3x3x3 cubes came without the centers attached which is how I wanted them. I did get about 10 that had the centers already attached. However, all 90 cubes that came without centers also came without the blue box. It is just a cube with the centers in a seperate bag. I am going to send a message and find out why this happened this way, because this is not what they did before.

If you do not want the box, let me know as I have 90 cubes without the box. I will let you all know what I find out, but I do not know what the solution will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:49 pm 

I got as many orders as I could out today. I went down the list based on who ordered first. I should get the rest out tomorrow. The 12 tile magic are a pain to find a box for. Some of you got a break on the shipping as I had to use a large priority box which increased to the next pound. I will keep you all updated on the status of the 5x5x5 cubes and on the boxes for the 3x3x3 cubes. If I can get the boxes for the 3x3x3 cubes I will let you know. However, if you don't want one, let me know too so I don't get more than I need, that is if I can get them at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:29 pm 

3x3x3 boxes

I just received a message from the Rubik's Studio. They really didn't tell me why they didn't send the cubes with the boxes but I was told they could send them to me. I told them to hold off for now until I order the 5x5x5 cubes and they can be sent with them.

I am sending out the cubes and to those who have not ordered from me before, I am trying to give you the handful of cubes that I have with the boxes. These cubes have the centers attached. The cubes that came without the boxes (over 90 of them) did not have the center tiles attached.

After receiving your orders, please let me know if you want 3x3x3 boxes and how many you need if you got more than 1 cube. I will post one more message on this post when I have sent out all orders tomorrow. If you still owe me postage I will get you the total tomorrow.

Thanks for being patient. This has taken a lot longer than planned. I will take a picture of the 5x5x5 cube that I have and start a new post confirming orders for that cube. I don't plan on ordering any other studio products except for the 5x5x5 cube. If you didn't get in on this order or need just 1 more thing, I may consider it. Please don't order any more 12 tile magics :lol: Those things are too difficult to ship :x :o

Enjoy the cubes, magics, and pucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:05 am 

Dodd wrote:
Please don't order any more 12 tile magics :lol: Those things are too difficult to ship

I think I know what you mean. When I started selling on ebay, I used packaging material I already had, trying to make it work well for my needs. But often it was a pain, so one day I ordered very nice new shipping boxes perfect for my needs. They're stable, lightweight and cheap. I'm very happy with them.

Have a look here:
http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp? ... 60&ref=401

That's a nice little box from the first US seller I found through google, so there are probably even better ones out there. Mine have slightly different walls I think, I have some that are a bit smaller and weigh 39 grams only. You can see some more sizes by clicking on "Misc Box Sizes" at the top.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next