Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: create and sell puzzles shortens life?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 am 

Ladies and gentlemen
I would like to share with you this nice message that I received on my ebay,

free to have your say:

***you should stop trying to scam people yeah? just because you truncated a store brand cube doesn't mean it's worth 100 bucks.***

Questions:
What should I respond to the user of ebay?
Have you ever received your questions on the subject so intelligent?
on ebay you can "insult", offend freely as long as you use a certain language "?
or will I have misunderstood the user?
In Australia interlocution is always so? ;)

if he wanted to hurt me, he succeeded

Best regards
Rafael

I ask advice to you, because I right now are anything but calm, so I need good advice

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rflo9puz ... 1597254061

Last edited by RFLo9Puzzles on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: create and sell puzzles shortens life?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:57 am 

This person is a lowlife troll, just ignore him/her. Don't dignify it with a response. Remember, you can set any price for anything you sell on ebay, if people think the price is high then they won't bid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 am 

Gus wrote:
This person is a lowlife troll, just ignore him/her. Don't dignify it with a response. Remember, you can set any price for anything you sell on ebay, if people think the price is high then they won't bid.

Thank you Gus,
for message of peacemaker 'soul, I feel better now :)
Best regards

is not the first message I get the most satisfying was one in which 20 minutes before the end of an advertisement, a user had contacted me, (so polite) told me that I would never have sold the item at that price too high and then I sold it for 220 usd :)

then the user does not deserve to be reported to eBay?

best regards again, have a nice time
rafael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:02 am 

This is exactly my opinion as well;
Gus wrote:
This person is a lowlife troll, just ignore him/her. Don't dignify it with a response.....
Rafael, calm down and forget this person!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 am 

I agree with the above, however you should still consider *why* the person responded as they did. For example, if you gave the impression that the mod is perfect quality, made with the best materials, then they may feel misled.

As long as you are fully transparent and your description on eBay clearly describes the product, including what you have modified and how, and the time and care you have spent on it, then nobody is scamming anyone. In that case you can happily ignore any criticism and complaints, and people will pay what they think it's worth based on your fair and accurate description. :D

There may be some innocent mistranslation or misunderstanding in the product description, otherwise some people are just nasty for the sake of it and should be ignored.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:12 am 

Ha ha, I get about 10 of those a week on my Youtube channel. After my Gear Tetramix sold for $170 I was told I was ripping people off even though I listed it at 0.01GBP. I am also a "troll" for taking advantage of other people's hard work. I even got attacked for disassembling my Petaminx by someone who obviously thought I was just destroying it.
The best advice is to ignore it (though I never can). Usually they are just little kids, stupid people or those who envy any form of success.
Something I discovered in life early on. Whatever you do or say will please some people but will annoy others.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:06 pm 

I would block the user.

Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:21 pm 

Rafael,

You create very nice hand-made puzzles that are clearly made with care. Maybe that person doesn't understand the work involved. Maybe that person (and countless others) need to see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfwwHa-7Ux8&hd=1#t=10s

Peace,

Skarabajo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 pm 

That person is betraying their ignorance of the wonderful work you do. If they don't realize the work that goes into it or they don't value it, their opinion of you is not worth worrying about.

Those who know your work and what goes into it think it is great and that many of your auctions end in a very low price for what they get.

If they had any courtesy and asked nicely about the price it would be worth perhaps explaining it to them. Many on this list have been educated on the matter of the prices of custom puzzles. But don't bother on those who are rude, they aren't worth your time. That time is better spent on a wonderful truncation :)

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:42 am 

This is clearly jealousy, so you should be proud instead of hurt :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 am 

Hello everyone,
first, thank you Gus, Konrad, KelvinS, Tony Fisher, MizMelysaLadi, Skarabajo, Dave and cisco for the support, I needed it, to precious especially in times of stagnation;
due as I have already discussed with a great lover and collector of puzzles, I finally pulled the sums, so for me now:
stagnation, it originated by the incredible offer of today so many puzzles are available to expand a collection via Shapeways, China market, and offered by handmade and hand cast producers, i think However this is only one side of the coin because I have too my faults, I think the audience asks for something new and not derivative of 3x3x3, affordable prices and totally new puzzles that need a new strategy for resolution;
so it is not the best, you can have to struggle to sell an object and well being insulted :( .
This was the basic reason why that message literally blew me is an insult with hidden bonus x2, However, throughout the past I have appreciated and followed your advices, I have not achieved enlightenment but now I'm in a more stable state, let's say that I returned from gas to solid state and I have to work to become water;

Mr. Fisher, after 30 years of production, i think that you have all reasons to get gain money like 180 usd in 1 hour of work because the object is 1 hour of handmade work by You;
my point of wiew?
There's a handwritten label signed "T. Fisher" which means 30 years of production, 19128 subscribers 17629920 views and more, more and more, Rome was not built in a day only, so the price is justified without mention that it was decided by the mass, if this is not democracy...

often people tell me that my prices are very high but for 50 hours asking 100 Euros clean I do not sound like much, I must be a dictator dictating prices because I am a small fish, I mean the people that surrounds me here where I live, 100 euros is too much for a game / furnishing / paperweight but 450 Euros for a miniature purses made ​​in china made ​​in china and marked Valentino Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, nooooooooo! :).

This is my description of the robbery object:

This is a high quality handmade modification of a mixing between Fisher & windmill cubes, puzzle was cutted, filled with apoxie putty and resin,coated, polished stickered by hand;
12 colors, turns great, only one piece in white body each puzzle (Unique), Weight 145 Gr., if interested in buying you could watch the video;

seems to me clearly and not misleading
High quality (a lot hours of work) with my method I think it is time-consuming as like doing Sushi :
think that to help the Troll should I add the hours worked because they understand to each selling model?

high quality materials, yes for me, because it is my poin of wiew, but maybe someone think that fill holes of a puzzles with human excreta and after sealing the preserves as grandmother is better, do you know Manzoni's " Merda d'artista"? is relative, ust like everything I've written so far may like it or not.

my way to limit the attack of the trolls will come back to a more accurate description, I will leave the world of derivatives 3x3x3, which now are toxic, and try to come up with ideas new not old style, but for now, from other puzzles, I'm not finished yet on learning about, and then I have to do something very tempting ... but for this I have to wait some materials cost, and who knows maybe 4/6 months is nothing new but a redesign would be irresistible to keep on the nightstand or in a glass case irresistible to the eye, who knows; :)

A real person, a lot like you nice video;

Thank you all for the kind words
Thank you TwistyPuzzles

Best regards
Rafael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:43 am 

I am always amazed at the audacity of some people. I often get angry people telling me my shipping costs are too high, when I'm actually charging less that the actual shipping costs - especially for international shipping.

In fact, after my last fiasco with an international shipment, I'm considering not selling international any more - but that's really a different topic... (Bronze "Golden" cube was lost between US and Russia for four months. Luckily it finally made its way back to me undamaged, and I had moved...)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 am 

Whatever you decide to do don't do it based on one person's opinion (unless it's mine of course!).
Make whatever you want to make. Some people look down on mods/ transformations and some even look down on any twisty puzzles. That will never put me off and it shouldn't you either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:51 am 

[quote="Tony Fisher"]Whatever you decide to do don't do it based on one person's opinion (unless it's mine of course!).
Make whatever you want to make. Some people look down on mods/ transformations and some even look down on any twisty puzzles.

I have my opinions, and finally do what I want, do puzzles! (those that make me want) :) I still treasure everything I read, see and learn, well I'm not too forward in this because I don't know how I create my own opinions, However, the opinions as the music has its influences.

this part I still can't translate well to understand :oops:
"That will never put me off and it shouldn't you either"

Best regards
Rafael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:29 pm 

RFLo9Puzzles wrote:
Translation: People who post negative comments about my work will never stop me from making more puzzle mods, and these same people should not stop you doing what you want to do."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 am 

Gus wrote:
RFLo9Puzzles wrote:
Translation: People who post negative comments about my work will never stop me from making more puzzle mods, and these same people should not stop you doing what you want to do."

Thank you very much Gus, i have translated it yesterday night, but your translation is better than mine, is great for me, I feel back in the days of elementary school :)
best regards
Rafael