Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: QuirkyCubes' Custom Puzzles For Sale
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:59 pm 

I have new concepts that I want to create, and some of my old concepts that I want to re-iterate. Therefore, I have made this thread which I will update periodically to offer some of my cast puzzles, handmade puzzles, and 3D-printed puzzles for sale.

Please private message me if interested. Non-members can email me through my Gmail address:

The same address can be used for payments through Paypal.

Shipping details:

Shipping is $4.00 within the United States (USPS Domestic Priority Mail), tracking is included. Add an extra $3 for insurance.

International shipping costs $12 via USPS Priority Mail International, insurance and tracking included.

Click on the images so see a video, if available. The puzzles pictured are the exact puzzles for sale.

Gyrobifastigium (Sold, may be available in the future. Or, purchase from Shapeways).

This odd puzzle was inspired by the Johnson Solid of the same name. It offers an unusual solving experience; the ovals between the faces can only be turned along the intersection of a square and triangle face, and only at intervals of 180°.
http://www.twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23606

I can resticker it with this color scheme for free, if desired by the buyer:

Price: $70 USD

Alphaminx

This puzzle offers a similar solving experience to the DaYan Gem III. The mechanism is placed inside a Truncated Triakis Tetrahedron - a polyhedron classified as a Near-Miss Johnson Solid.

I currently have one white Alphaminx available. The turning quality of the white puzzle is wonderful - even better then the original copy. The black copy that was available earlier has been sold.

This thread contains a description of the original puzzle.

Price: $230 USD.

Curvy Octahedral Megaminx (COM)

The COM is essentially a Megaminx placed inside of an Octahedron, with some mechanical modifications to change the appearance. The quality of this copy is similar to that of the original.

Price: $215 USD or best offer.

4x4x3

A custom 4x4x3 cuboid, nothing more. The turning is decent and seems to improve as I solve it more often. I had a corner piece break on me once so I will include extras with the puzzle. Click on the pictures for a YouTube video containing a more detailed description. It is "stickered" with Cubesmith tiles.

Price: $100 USD

Remember to click on any of the images so see a video of the pictured puzzle.

If I have forgotten any information, or if you would like further details about this sale or the individual puzzles, please post here, PM me, or email me about it and I will be glad to update the top post.

Chandler :)

Shapeways Shop | Youtube Channel

Custom Puzzles For Sale
Moldmaking Tutorial

Last edited by QuirkyCubes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: QuirkyCubes' Custom Puzzles For Sale
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 am 

Ahh I love your Curvy Octahedral Megaminx. I don't know why but I think it is one of the most aesthetically pleasing puzzles around :D

Robert

Post subject: Re: QuirkyCubes' Custom Puzzles For Sale
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:12 am 

Thanks for the bump, Robert. I love my Curvy Octahedral Megaminx, too. :D

The Gyrobifastigium and black Alphaminx have been sold.

Chandler

Shapeways Shop | Youtube Channel

Custom Puzzles For Sale
Moldmaking Tutorial