Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: WitEden Mixup Plus & Wormhole cube(Mass-produced)(updat
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 am 

I just got my 3x3x3 Mixup Plus and my Wormhole I puzzles in the mail this weekend. Both turn great!

I have an idea for a mod I want to try. With the Wormhole I puzzle I think I can get the screws out through the holes in the edge pieces, not sure as I haven't tried this yet. However I have no idea how to take the 3x3x3 Mixup Plus apart. Any tips on how best to take these puzzles apart?

Thanks,
Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:24 pm 

wwwmwww wrote:
Any tips on how best to take these puzzles apart?
For the 3x3 Mixup Plus start by taking out one of the inner edge pieces (the rectangles between the centre and the edge. To do this, pull one pair of corners on the top layer away from the centre while holding the rest of the top layer steady to make a gap between the centre piece and the inner edge piece. Tilt the inner edge piece up so that the tab clears the centre piece. If one face is too tight, try others.

For the Wormhole, remove the entire edge piece by pulling it straight away from the centre until the tab clears the centre and it pops out.

Note: the centres can NOT be removed until all the other pieces are removed. You will see why when you get it disassembled.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:09 pm 

I just came across something I have been expecting but dreading with my 4x4x4 mixup plus. While grouping together pieces and restoring the cube shape I ended up with just 2 of the center edges oriented incorrectly. This would be equivalent to having just 1 of the 3x3x3 mixup plus center edges oriented incorrectly, which can’t happen. This will be fun to figure out (I have an idea or two already).

Also, are there any plans to make an unbandaged 4x4x4 mixup plus where the edges are split into 4 pieces like the centers?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
I just came across something I have been expecting but dreading with my 4x4x4 mixup plus. While grouping together pieces and restoring the cube shape I ended up with just 2 of the center edges oriented incorrectly. This would be equivalent to having just 1 of the 3x3x3 mixup plus center edges oriented incorrectly, which can’t happen. This will be fun to figure out (I have an idea or two already)
I'm sure you'll figure it out, but if anyone wants to see a solution, I cover this case at the 17:00 minute mark of Part 2 of my 4x4 Mixup Plus Tutorial. :mrgreen: