Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how do I get my shapeways markup?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 pm 

So I looked into the FAQ or whatever on shapeways and didn't exactly find all the info and since I visit this forum more often than the shapeways one, I just right now had the idea to post this question here, even though it would be off better in the shapeways forum.
Anyway. I sold this product, which earned me a whole lot of 1€, which I put as markup just for the heck of it. I got an email that someone would receive a product from my shop and it said "furture payment: 1.16$" (Or whatever the currency rate was/is)
Now it says "future payment: 0$". I never got anything. Am I supposed to send this invoice that I get from shapeways back to them? So they can transfer the money? On their site it's stated that they will automatically take care of such things.

Also a second question: I got this email telling me that the product someone ordered from my shop got shipped. One week later I got the same email, with the same product number. Did the person reject the first one due to quality flaws and I wasn't notified? If he/she rejected again, would the funds be transfered back without my getting notified? Because that would explain the loss of my markup??

Also one more question: I got another email telling me of a product that someone had ordered from my shop suposedly, but the number in the mail, I have never seen before and I never got any second notification of a person having purchased something. (Btw, I got that email twice too. :S) I don't have any markup at all on some products. If one of those get ordered will I not be notified at all? Because the first email only congratulated me about my markup. So I was wondering if I don't take any, could someone order without there beeing an email telling me this?

Thanks for anyone who reads and clarifies.

Post subject: Re: how do i get my shapeways markup?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm 

You need $30 I believe to get paid. Resetting to zero however and your other issues is odd. Just contact their customer service and they will sort it out.

Post subject: Re: how do i get my shapeways markup?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:05 pm 

Mark up is not paid until you have accrued at least $30. I don't know why the future payment went from $1.16 to $0 but the Shapeways does not always show the right amount, perhaps not meeting the minimum is a borderline case the system does not take care of. You should download the orderover view (excel format): that will show you exactly what you have earned and whether anything has been cancelled. Don't worry: Shapeways is quite reliable and they will pay out the $1.16 when you reach that $30 threshold.
Generally if anything is cancelled you will receive an email with a credit invoice and also a personal email explaining why the customer returned it.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

Post subject: Re: how do I get my shapeways markup?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:51 pm 

alaskajoe, Off topic but your banner is enormous and stretches the forum off my page.

Post subject: Re: how do I get my shapeways markup?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 am 

Thanks for telling, Tony and sorry for the inconvenience. I will change that as soon as possible.