Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mefferts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:51 pm 

I ordered a 3x4x5, an axel cube and a 3x3 Hexagonal Dipyamid from mefferts 5 week ago and they haven't sent it yet. I ordered from mefferts a couple of times already and the time between orering the puzzle(s) and the arival was only 1 week. Then, I also got an order reveived-mail and a mail that they have shipped my parcel. Now i only had a receipt from PayPal. I sent them a message a week ago, but they haven't replied.

Any advice?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Mefferts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm 

I have to say the truth. you are the most paicent person but just wait one more week then contact mefferts again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm 

If they haven't sent it within 42 days, I'd lodge a dispute with paypal (which you have a maximum of 45 days to do). Then that gives them about 20 days to sort it. If you haven't seen either a refund or your puzzles by day 18, I'd escalate it to a claim. They'll claw back all the money from Mefferts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:12 pm 

I ordered a special pyraminx in 26th Jan, but now when I visit the website the status is still pre-order, I sent them 2 messages but they havent reply. Now the time is >45days, I dont know how to get my money back. $18 is not a really big money but I dont satisfice with their customer service :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:39 am 

I'm not making excuses at all for Meffert's. I don't know what is happening. What I do know is that I've not heard from Use at all since late February. I've got a call to him on my to-do list for tomorrow. I'm hoping he's ok.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 am 

I don't know what is going on or why but there seems to be some big shipping delays for stuff being mailed out of HK and China right now. I have multiple packages from different sources all with tracking and all still stuck somewhere. Some going back for almost a month now!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
I don't know what is going on or why but there seems to be some big shipping delays for stuff being mailed out of HK and China right now. I have multiple packages from different sources all with tracking and all still stuck somewhere. Some going back for almost a month now!
It does seem that the delay is not just Mefferts. According to HK Post Tracking, some orders I placed back in February and early March have just now shipped. I hope it is something fun going on, like a festival. Meanwhile, in a week or so, when they all show up in my little town on the same day, I'm going to have one spectacular unboxing session :mrgreen: !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 pm 

If there is fun stuff going on, someone forgot to tell me!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 am 

In the past 6 months or so a bunch of people have had this problem: very long shipping times and no reply to any emails sent to meffert's. I'm not sure why that is, but in all cases I've heard of where there's been a problem, the puzzle(s) have always arrived, eventually.

Personally, I'm starting to view meffert's as an unreliable place to get puzzle from. Not getting a puzzle for 3 months, sending heaps of emails and getting no replies to any of them is not ok in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:03 pm 

Today something surprising happened. My crazy Megaminx I ordered on December 23, 2010 (yes, ten) was delivered. Thats slightly over 64 weeks shipping.

Some time ago, I got a bit worried. So I send an email with a subject like "puzzle did not arrive after 14 months, please respond". I included all info about the order and payment in the mail and politely asked if they would send the puzzle. I got an answer within two days: they would send it.

I should call it very reliable to finish the order after so long (albeit a bit slow). The number of lost Meffterts puzzles is down to zero. I said it before on the forum, be patient: they allways delver.

Thank you Mefferts for another beautiful puzzle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:28 pm 

I strongly believe that Uwe Meffert's heart is in the right place but unfortunately his purchased puzzles often aren't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:09 am 

During my last order a puzzle was put at the top of the package and it was broken. Tryed contacting them but hmm yeah. This question
Maybe seems stupid but why foes Meffert's never answer any of there email? LIke I got an answer once and it was to tell me to contact them once the chinesse new year will be over :| .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 pm 

Drake wrote:

Maybe seems stupid but why foes Meffert's never answer any of there email?

I understand the concerns but that is an exaggeration.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:38 pm 

Tony Fisher wrote:
Drake wrote:

Maybe seems stupid but why foes Meffert's never answer any of there email?

I understand the concerns but that is an exaggeration.

Yeah maybe a little bit, but in big majority of the cases, people don't, I don't say they don't get there problem fixed, but they don't get any answer :? .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 pm 

I have ordered well over hundred puzzles from Meffert's during the last 12 years. There are zero problems remaining unsolved.
When I asked in an email three days ago when the Sudoku ball cube will be delivered, I got an immediate answer.
Just my personal experience. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 pm 

Konrad wrote:
I have ordered well over hundred puzzles from Meffert's during the last 12 years. There are zero problems remaining unsolved.
When I asked in an email three days ago when the Sudoku ball cube will be delivered, I got an immediate answer.
Just my personal experience. :)

I too have had many positive experiences with Meffert purchases and puzzles. In fact, out of all the Meffert puzzles purchased there is only one that has been disappointing. When I say disappointing, I mean, defective. Defective in two ways. And I have emailed him several times asking what would be done to make it right. No response. I sincerely hope that he is working on making things right with his customers. It would be nice even to get an email in the form of a newsletter (I don't require a personal response) explaining briefly what is happening, or even some assurance that something is happening and all will be made right eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:47 pm 

Hmm lately in a couple of month, I received two "defective" (in 2 diffrent orders) puzzles, one was broken, and the other, is so loose that somme part fell when you turn it, and the caps are tighly glued one it. I tryed to contact mefferts more then once with out any answer :? . I only got 2 answer from them for the numerous time I tryed to contact them, once it was for sommething completly diffrent, then a order problem, and it was trough the Jadeclub, and the other was for my broken puzzle and like I said the answer was to contact them later :| . The thing is you will not tell me that he can tell (me), to contact them later but can't answer my other emails. That's what I find weird and a little bit annoying? I'm not saying that Meffert's is a bad brand, far from that :(, but I'm not impressed with there "customer service" at all :oops: .