Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Haven't received items ordered on Jan 31 via Meffert's site
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 am 

hi guys, I ordered a couple of puzzles via Meffert's site on Jan 31. Didn't pay 2 bucks for a tracking number. I live in the US. Haven't received the items. It's been almost a month. The other order I placed on Feb 6 arrived yesterday.

I left 3 messages through their web page and emailed them via mpg@mefferts.com but haven't heard a word. Any suggestion? How can I get a hold of their customer service rep if there's any.

Post subject: Re: Haven't received items ordered on Jan 31 via Meffert's s
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 am 

acjj wrote:
hi guys, I ordered a couple of puzzles via Meffert's site on Jan 31. Didn't pay 2 bucks for a tracking number. I live in the US. Haven't received the items. It's been almost a month. The other order I placed on Feb 6 arrived yesterday.

I left 3 messages through their web page and emailed them via mpg@mefferts.com but haven't heard a word. Any suggestion? How can I get a hold of their customer service rep if there's any.

They must've lost it. Why would it take a month to ship an earlier order and two weeks for the sooner one?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 am 

CadenceCPK wrote:
acjj wrote:

They must've lost it. Why would it take a month to ship an earlier order and two weeks for the sooner one?

I cannot speak on behalf of Meffert's. However it's far to early to say they must've lost it. I have been involved in hundreds of international deliveries and only two have ever been lost. I have had numerous parcels take over 5 weeks to arrive. The reasons being delays, stopped at customs, sent back because I was out and clever Mr postman never left a card telling me to pick it up from the post office. When someone contacts me after 4 weeks I ask them to hang on another 2 and it almost certainly arrives in that time.
The only thing I would advise at this stage is to check with your post office to see if they are holding anything for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:07 am 

Most parcels from over there take around 6-8 weeks to reach me, none have ever gone missing.
Have patience!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:13 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion and the wild guess as well. :wink:

I just got back from the local post office and they don't have a Mefferts package for me.

I ordered from Mefferts.com for several times and usually it takes about 2-3 weeks to receive the items. No idea why it took so long for this package. I guess I cannot do much about it at this point.

Have a worst case scenario question, what if I still don't get it say a month from now? Any action I should take?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 pm 

why mefferts dont answer emails now?

They used to do it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm 

acjj wrote:
Have a worst case scenario question, what if I still don't get it say a month from now? Any action I should take?

I would wait for 35 days (from order date) and send more emails. Be polite and give them all the details of your order and concerns. Be careful with your subject line since your emails could be labelled as spam and missed.
If you still get no reply after 42 days (45 max) I would then make a PayPal no delivery refund claim.
Be aware that Mefferts WILL NOT rip you off and there will be a perfectly logical reason for the events.

If you do receive the item in the mean time please report it here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm 

Yeah I'll chime in to say that not receiving an order from Mefferts placed Jan 31st by now doesn't mean much. I've received orders from them after more 45 days with no emails to their customer support. It hasn't even been a month yet...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:35 pm 

Considering that Chinese New Year was January 23rd, and the Chinese take two weeks off for the holiday, could that have delayed shipping?

I pledge allegiance to the whole of humanity, and to the world in which we live: one people under the heavens, indivisible, with Liberty and Equality for all.

My Shapeways Shop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 pm 

I had to wait over 3 months for my Bermuda cube... They didn't respond to any of my 3 emails.

Good luck.

Ben

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm 

Hi guys, wanted to provide an update on this. Somehow my email got attention from Jing Meffert and she had a staff contact me. It seems those puzzle were shipped on Feb 13 and it's completely normal that I haven't received them just yet.

I guess I was spoiled by the prompt shipping from Mefferts before and thus have a very high expectation. Now I'm a believer again, if I eventually get the puzzles. :lol:

Thank you guys for all the suggestion and sharing your experience.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:00 am 

Meffert's two-week shipping delay was due to the post office being shut down during the Lunar New Year celebrations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

Had you ordered the puzzles several days earlier, they would have shipped out on time. Be patient. Economy Shipping from Hong Kong is better than what it used to be. In 2005 (before I started collecting puzzles), I imported a Japanese video game from now-defunct Lik-Sang.com, then a month-and-a-half later, I ordered another item from them. Two-and-a-half months after that, both parcels arrived on my doorstep on the same day! Four months for the first parcel; 2.5 months for the second parcel. HK shipping is actually much faster now than it used to be. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:18 pm 

hi guys, wanted to provide an update on this.

As you can see from the attached tracking screen shot, the package arrived at the NY USPS on Feb 13 and spent a good amount of time in NY, no idea why. Finally, 2 days ago it came to San Jose, where I am.

It obviously isn't Mefferts' fault. I don't know if it's something wrong in the USPS system. At this point, I don't want to point fingers but hoping to get them in one piece on Monday, March 13.

Attachments:
Tracking Down Mefferts Puzzles.jpg
Tracking Down Mefferts Puzzles.jpg [ 185.22 KiB | Viewed 2253 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:27 pm 

ISC New York is where the package goes through customs, so it usually takes 5-10 days to get out of there, but I couldn't tell you why it stayed in the rest of new york for so long.

Ben

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:36 pm 

No wonder it's taking so long if it went via Jamaica!!!

Yes I know

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm 

acjj wrote:
hi guys, wanted to provide an update on this.

As you can see from the attached tracking screen shot, the package arrived at the NY USPS on Feb 13 and spent a good amount of time in NY, no idea why. Finally, 2 days ago it came to San Jose, where I am.

It obviously isn't Mefferts' fault. I don't know if it's something wrong in the USPS system. At this point, I don't want to point fingers but hoping to get them in one piece on Monday, March 13.
Your image made me double-take. I live in 95134 too.

For what it's worth, the last time I had a 4-month delay with Meffert's shipping it was the fault of USPS. They lost it for months. Then when I filed a claim they found it, shipped it back to HK (no idea why), and then shipped it back to the states.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm 

Guess what, I just got the package!!! It's been a long way but the puzzles made it!!! All puzzles are in a good shape.

I'm so excited right now! :D :D :D

to bmenrigh, maybe we're neighbors. Next time if we buy puzzles from Europe, perhaps we can share shipping cost.