Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Circle Puzzle Simulator - Now with Battle Gears!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:40 am 

I've been working on simulated circle puzzles for a while now, and the promotion TomZ mentioned here seemed like the perfect excuse to move things to a web based app. I've added 4 puzzles so far each with 2 or 3 color schemes, including what I believe is the first simulation of Douglas Engle's Battle Gear online. I've loved it ever since I first saw it on Jaap's puzzle page, but was disappointed to see that he didn't have a version online, and neither of the actual puzzles I've gotten turn particularly well. Now I can finally play them without lockups.

The simulator is currently up here, so please give it a try and see if there are any bugs I've missed, and any feedback on the design would be great. The controls are all mouse based, just click on a disc and it will turn clockwise if the click is to the right of center or counter-clockwise if it's to the left.

I've got two more puzzles drawn up in CAD that just need to be added, the deeper cut Rashkey I showed an early simulator for here and a two layer Turnstile that should be... interesting.

Post subject: Re: Circle Puzzle Simulator - Now with Battle Gears!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 am 

Very nice! -

Great range to choose from - these are awesome - thank you! :D

Edit: wow more puzzles added already!

At the risk of exposing my ignorance the only gripe i have is that often i click too fast when spinning the circles and the whole page highlights - would it be possible to change how quickly clicks highlight the page or is it just something i need to deal with on my end?

Last edited by Zzupler on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm 

Update - The deeper cut Rashkey is now playable. So far there's only a 2 color layout, as I haven't actually figured out how to solve that yet. Hopefully someone better at devising solutions will come up with one now that there's a more finished version than the one I posted a few months ago.

Hopefully everyone that's reading this thread is also trying out the puzzles, and if so please give me any feedback you have.

Thank you,

Eddie Lee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 am 

Bump! The circle puzzle simulator now has the final puzzles I want before I submit it to the blackberry app store, a 2 layer turnstile I'm calling the Professor Turnstile due to the edge's similarity to a 5x5 cube.

I would appreciate any feedback before I submit the app, please let me know what you think.

Eddie Lee