Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4x4x4 Wall Burr Cube Scrambles
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:56 pm 

I've come up with what I think is a simple method of solving this cube, but it seems too simple. Does anyone have some good proper scramble sequences for it so I can make sure I'm scrambling it enough? For anyone who has it, you'll know it's quite difficult to scramble it properly.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: 4x4x4 Wall Burr Cube Scrambles
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:43 am 

I'd love to see a solution to my cube, both the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 varieties of the wall/burr cubes. It definitely takes some effort to thoroughly mix the pieces. For example, the red/orange and blue/green faces tend to stay together, but they can be intermixed. It's also possible to flip the white/yellow parts as well. I can also easily transform between the wall/burr brick formations intuitively, disregarding the proper color matching of the bricks. The symmetry between the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 cubes are similar, but they behave a little different due to the odd and even layers. I believe the 4x4x4 variety can in some ways be a subset of the 5x5x5, so a master solution could possibly be applied to both cube types, like how professor cube algorithms mostly work on the master cube.

Please, if you have solutions, feel free to share them! Bonus points if they're easy to follow. My 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 have remained scrambled since shortly after removing them from the box. :scrambled:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm 

Huzzah!

That was pretty tricky, but I persisted with it (and I can guarantee that it was scrambled properly).
I am so glad to tick that box let me tell you! And Stardust4ever I don't think I can give you an easy repeatable method yet :( .
It started off as a Wall Cube and ended up as a Burr cube, so I guess I did the Wall to Burr challenge too :lol: .

Cheers,
Burgo.

Attachments:
Burr Cube.jpg
Burr Cube.jpg [ 211.42 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]

PB 3x3 55sec Jan 2011 (When I was a kid 1:30 was speedcubing so I'm stoked).
1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:07 pm 

Sorry for the double post, but I think I'm justified :D
I thought I'd have to look up the wall<>burr conversion, I thought I'll have a go first though, it's actually not that hard to do yourself, especially if you've just solved the rest.
As for scrambling, you need to make sure, you've got the white and yellow edges flipped and separated (like in the first photo of the post above) and the middle layer `8 extended corners` scrambled up well and separated from the U&D layer `white and yellow` extended corners (like in the second photo of the post above). Then well and truly block it up :) .
Cheers,
Burgo.

Attachments:
Wall Cube Solved.jpg
Wall Cube Solved.jpg [ 118.95 KiB | Viewed 1051 times ]

PB 3x3 55sec Jan 2011 (When I was a kid 1:30 was speedcubing so I'm stoked).
1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)