Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:05 pm 

Hey cubegrrrl, I would love to see stickers for the new Gear Shift in your shop. I know a lot of people really love Meffert's flourescent labels but I like normal colors that are shiny!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm 

alaskajoe wrote:
Hey cubegrrrl, I would love to see stickers for the new Gear Shift in your shop. I know a lot of people really love Meffert's flourescent labels but I like normal colors that are shiny!

agreed!

My puzzles in the Museum
My Website
My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 am 

Hey I just need to beg for something else. I know I just recently did but I have to again.
What I whish for really much are Stickers for mf8's Starminxes.
There is the Dino Dodecahedron and now they will soon have the face turning Starminx in stock.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22267

Since those two puzzles have the same outer appearance I suppose it would be good for your business since you have customers with two different puzzles for one new type of sticker. (Just advertising a little for my wish :lol: )
I just need to have all my dodecahedra to have one colorsceme and I need your stickers for it. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:34 am 

Hmm so the stickers that i think that should comme out soon should be for the curvy copter, rex cube, starminx, dayn gem II and III, and stickers adapted for the dayan cubes, and an smaller sitkcer set for the mf8 legend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 pm 

Hey guys, we now have 3x3x3 Small Size Tiles available on the site :) http://cubesmith.com/3x3%20Small%20Tiles.htm
These are the same size as our 3x3x3 small size stickers and will fit the F-Type and other smaller sized puzzles.

We have added all your requests to our seemingly infinite to-do list and are working to get more new sets on the site.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 pm 

Just added 3x3x9 vinyl sticker singles. Because of the design of this puzzle, and to allow maximum customization to our customers, we are not selling 3x3x9 sets, only singles.
http://cubesmith.com/3x3x9.htm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:05 pm 

Location: The land of dreams, coincedentally located in Alberta
I have a simple suggestion that could be implemented fairly quickly...

The Skewb Ultimate is being sold by Mefferts with 12-colour stickers. Could you please make a 12-colour discounted set for people who own this variation?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:25 am 

Bump :? ? Hmm am I the only one to think that stickesr for the skewb kite, and for a hole lot of other "simple" meffert's puzzle should be made? Like for all the 3x3x3 shape mods, and skewb mods :oops: ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 pm 

It has been a long time since there has been any new stickers even though there has been a mostly steady stream of new puzzles. Is Chris still planning on adding support for more puzzles? I would love to see some stickers for the new Rubik’s Void Puzzle as well as stickers for all the 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 shape mods that came out over the past year or two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:19 pm 

I know it's been a while since we've posted anything here or anything new on the site...We are working on things, I promise :) We've added fluorescent pink tiles, which you'll find in the singles section on each tile page. These aren't yet part of a set, but we do plan to add more fluorescent tile colors and eventually at least a half-bright tile set. In the tile logos section (http://cubesmith.com/TileLogos.htm) we've added blue and red tile logos.
GoombaGeek wrote:
I have a simple suggestion that could be implemented fairly quickly...
The Skewb Ultimate is being sold by Mefferts with 12-colour stickers. Could you please make a 12-colour discounted set for people who own this variation?

I'll work on getting these up soon. As always, thanks for your patience :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:36 pm 

Hey cubegrrrl, when will the supercubde stickers be in stock again? I'm talking about the supercube stickers like the easthteen supercubes. They've been out of stock for a couple years now and I really want a 3x3 version of it. I just ordered the 4x4 and 5x5 version of off TP here, and i want a 3x3 version!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:06 pm 

We probably won't be making that style of supercube any time soon. It's not something we are able to create in-house, and we no longer have access to the third-party who had made them for us the first time.

Forgot to mention before that the Scrape-Rite blade holders are back in stock, though we're already having issues with the supplier again, so we're not sure how long we'll have them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm 

Hi Cubegrrl,

I need a set of tiles (smooth) for a Fisher Cube (black instead of white).

Are you planning to offer tiles for Fisher Cubes in the near future (same as you did for the Helicopter)?

After all, you already have the template for the stickers ...

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
We've also added fluorescent pink tiles, which you'll find in the singles section on each tile page. These aren't yet part of a set, but we do plan to add more fluorescent tile colors and eventually at least a half-bright tile set. In the tile logos section (http://cubesmith.com/TileLogos.htm) we've added blue and red tile logos.
Wonderful news.
Quote:
Lilac is Lacking so Think Pink!
The quote was inscribed on a set of Yikes! brand pencils my mom gave me in the early '90s when I was in Middle School. I was twelve at the time and love the Yikes brand because of their wild colors and ergonomic triangular design. I thought the quote would fit here, so I used it! :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:28 pm 

mmonede wrote:
Hi Cubegrrl,

I need a set of tiles (smooth) for a Fisher Cube (black instead of white).

Are you planning to offer tiles for Fisher Cubes in the near future (same as you did for the Helicopter)?

After all, you already have the template for the stickers ...

Thanks!

No plans right now for Fisher Cube tile sets. While we do have the artwork, we don't have the die to punch the tiles, and the Fisher cube has 2 different face patterns, so we'd have to get 2 dies...There are other, one pattern puzzles we'd rather do first, since it's easier on us to punch one pattern than two, though it's not out of the question for the future.

WitEden (Wit Two) 2x2 vinyl stickers are now available http://cubesmith.com/WitEden%202x2.htm We're still cutting the first round of stickers, so we'll get pictures up soon.

Check our Site News page for a full list of the new additions to the site: http://cubesmith.com/SiteNews.htm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
We probably won't be making that style of supercube any time soon.

Ouh, too bad!!! But why exactly can't you make them? Is it too dificult to make 3 colers on 1 sticker and such? But well, if you guys can't make it, I'll make it myself! (at least, i'm going to try it! :p)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm 

Japsiefy wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
We probably won't be making that style of supercube any time soon.

Ouh, too bad!!! But why exactly can't you make them? Is it too dificult to make 3 colers on 1 sticker and such? But well, if you guys can't make it, I'll make it myself! (at least, i'm going to try it! :p)

Yeah, the screen printing process we use works best with one color printing. It's more trouble than it's worth to try to line up multiple colors.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 pm 

Have you guys ever considered making stickers for the mass produced 3x3 and 4x4 Hexagonal Dipyramid?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:57 pm 

Are there plans to make curvy copter stickers? Really in need of a new set if anyone knows where i can get them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:41 pm 

I will have Curvy Copter sets up hopefully next week, followed by Professor Pyraminx soon after. With the glut of new puzzles that have come out the past couple years I'm working to get caught up on new patterns.

Thanks for the patience.
Chris

Buy online at http://www.cubesmith.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 pm 

Hey cubegrrrl, are you making the Petaminx stickers for MF8? They look like CubeSmith stickers in the pictures on their web site. If so, are sets and single colors going to be available soon?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:59 pm 

Hey guys, just realized I forgot to post anywhere when we added the Curvy Copter sticker to the site (it took longer than expected, but they're finally available): http://cubesmith.com/Curvy%20Copter.htm

Volitar Prime wrote:
Hey cubegrrrl, are you making the Petaminx stickers for MF8? They look like CubeSmith stickers in the pictures on their web site. If so, are sets and single colors going to be available soon?

We are working on stickers for the MF8 Petaminx, but I'm not sure when they'll be available.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm 

Rex Cube vinyl sticker sets and singles are now available.
http://cubesmith.com/RexCube.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 am 

Are there plans to make more pre-cut tiles for different puzzles?

-Doug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 am 

Hey cubegrrrl,
thanks for the updates and your work!

However you need to catch up on dodecahedrons!! It's simply because of the color sceme that I once chose. The new mf8 puzzles in my collection are all off!
Also my Dayan Gem II, III and IV have these ugly colors. I am getting sick of this nasty faded yellow and the fact that there's eigt different colors on 14 different faces. Only my Gem I is wearing your beautiful selection.

So please please please look into offering those!
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:53 am 

I have a long list of puzzles I will buy sticker sets for once they become available (in a somewhat loose order of importance to me):

Petaminx
Master Kilominx
Bauhinia Dodecahedron
Starminx (both MF8 ones, maybe the same sticker set for both)
Helicopter Dodecahedron
Master Skewb
Mosaic Cube
3x3x6
WitEden Camouflage Cubes (entire series)
WitEden Mixup Plus Cubes (entire series)
Bermuda Cubes (entire series)
Rubik’s Void Puzzle (the Void Cube with round holes)
Crazy 4x4x4 (version 1)
Quarter Cube
Scramble Cube
Super Floppy (the one with round stickers)
Dino Cube (MF8)
DaYan Gems 2, 3, and 4 (maybe the same sticker set for 3 and 4)
Gear Shift
Gearminx
Fisher Cube (mass produced version)
2x2x2 Dodecahedron
3x3x3 Dodecahedron
3x3x3 Rhombic Dodecahedron
3x3x3 Axis Cube (Axel Cube on Meffert’s)
3x3x3 Hexagon Prism
3x3x3 Hexagonal Dipyramid (Spinning Top on Meffert’s)
3x3x3 Prism
3x3x3 aXe
3x3x3 Box Cube
3x3x3 Trajber’s Octahedron (mass produced version)
3x3x3 Windmill Cube (mass produced version)
3x3x3 Greenhill’s Octahedron (mass produced version)
4x4x4 Octahedron
4x4x4 Octahedron II
4x4x4 Mask Cube
4x4x4 Mask Cube II
4x4x4 Rhombic Dodecahedron
4x4x4 Hexagonal Dipyramid
Kite Skewb (Rhombic Dodecahedron)
Cubic 3x3x5 (based on full size 3x3x3 stickers)
Shepherd’s 2x2x2 (standard Rubik’s size)

I'm not sure what the best approach would be for the puzzle sets such as the Camouflage, Mixup Plus, and Bermuda Cubes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 am 

Volitar Prime wrote:

Cubesmith might already have stickers for that puzzle here. I don't know if they fit properly on a mass produced one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 am 

They don't fit, they are for the older hand mod version. Reference viewtopic.php?p=211494#p211494

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm 

Hello again :) Haven't had the chance to check these forums in a while, we had a really busy holiday season and are just now getting caught up. Wanted to let you guys know that we have added stickers for the 3x3x3 pillowed V-Cube puzzle http://cubesmith.com/3x3x3%20Pillowed%20V-Cube.htm I'll get pics up soon. We've also added a low-viscosity lubricant, in addition to the high-viscosity lubricant we've been selling. You can get a tube of each and save $5.

I know it's been a while since we've added new stuff to the site; we have been working to try to get some new fluorescent tile colors out, but have been having trouble with the printing and curing process and at this point we're not sure if they're going to work at all. We are also working on Petaminx stickers.

Doug Roth wrote:
Are there plans to make more pre-cut tiles for different puzzles?

At this time we don't have any plans for any new tile sets, though it's not out of the question for the future. As explained on our FAQ page, each tile set requires that we purchase a die to cut the material. The dies are not cheap, so we need to be sure the set will sell well enough to cover our investment. Tiles are also more time consuming to manufacture than vinyl stickers, so it's easier for us to add vinyl stickers than tiles. Once a vinyl sticker set proves to sell really well, we then consider offering tiles for the puzzle. It is unlikely we will produce tiles for puzzles which do not have the same design on all 6 sides (such as the Square-1) as we'd need a different die for each pattern of the puzzle.

Volitar Prime wrote:
and a bunch of other puzzles

Hmmm...Apparently we've already discussed this in this thread? Guess it slipped my mind? I will talk to Chris about the it, not sure why we wouldn't be offering stickers to fit the mass produced version...I'm assuming it's just a small size difference, so we may just need to update our cut file.
Regarding all of the other puzzles, most of those we don't yet own, so we're not able to make stickers for them since we need to check the size on the puzzle before offering them for sale. But I will pass your list on to Chris. Not sure what he plans to make next.

alaskajoe wrote:
Hey cubegrrrl,
Also my Dayan Gem II, III and IV have these ugly colors.

Honestly, we've only sold a few Dayan Gem I Stickers, guess it's not a very popular puzzle? So it's not likely that the II,III, or IV will be produced any time soon unless we have a lot of requests for them.

Okay, I think I addressed all the questions posted since I was here last. I'll be sure to check in here over the next few weeks, so please let me know if you have any requests. Thanks, as always for your help and patience, guys! :)

Last edited by cubegrrrl on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:28 am 

Yeah stickers for the ither dayan gem's would be nice :P .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
alaskajoe wrote:
Hey cubegrrrl,
Also my Dayan Gem II, III and IV have these ugly colors.

Honestly, we've only sold a few Dayan Gem I Stickers, guess it's not a very popular puzzle? So it's not likely that the II,III, or IV will be produced any time soon unless we have a lot of requests for them.

I have not purchased your Dayan Gem I stickers for 2 reasons:
- I would like to get them for the entire set at the same time, in a matching color scheme.
- The default color scheme you use now for the Gem I isn't very nice. The Gems have 14 sides split up into two groups, one with 6 sides and one with 8. It makes sense to me to use the main 6 "Rubik's" colors for the set with 6 sides and then use 8 other colors for the other set.

As a short term solution I have purchased stickeres from a competetor. I can't wait to replace them because their's really aren't very good. But they did use a better default color scheme which uses the primary 6 colors found on a Rubik's Cube in the way I mentioned above.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
I have not purchased your Dayan Gem I stickers for 2 reasons:
- I would like to get them for the entire set at the same time, in a matching color scheme.
- The default color scheme you use now for the Gem I isn't very nice. The Gems have 14 sides split up into two groups, one with 6 sides and one with 8. It makes sense to me to use the main 6 "Rubik's" colors for the set with 6 sides and then use 8 other colors for the other set.

As a short term solution I have purchased stickeres from a competetor. I can't wait to replace them because their's really aren't very good. But they did use a better default color scheme which uses the primary 6 colors found on a Rubik's Cube in the way I mentioned above.

We've added a new color scheme for the DaYan Gem I sets, with the standard 6 colors on the square faces.

Regarding Fisher's Cube stickers:
Volitar Prime wrote:
They don't fit, they are for the older hand mod version. Reference viewtopic.php?p=211494#p211494

We've adjusted the size so they will better fit mass produced Fisher's cubes. If you have an original smaller sized mod, we do still have stickers for it, but we will not be offering them on the site in order to avoid confusion; we're assuming that at this point most people will be buying them for the mass-produced version. If you need the smaller sized stickers just email us and ask when you place an order and we can switch them out for you.

We've also got 4x4x4 center pieces back in stock. Still working on a few new things to add to the site, more to come soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:41 pm 

+1 on the Petaminx. I keep losing the middle piece stickers and have lost so many now that I can't tell what's what. Keep up the good work though Cubesmith!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hey guys, we've got the MF8 Petaminx stickers up (http://cubesmith.com/Petaminx.htm), as well as Glow-in-the-Dark Colorblind sticker sets (http://cubesmith.com/colorblind.htm).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:44 pm 

Big thumbs up on the Petaminx stickers!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:20 pm 

I would really love tiles for a pyraminx crystal!

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:41 am 

Hey guys, just finished a huge overhaul of the site, come check it out :D http://www.cubesmith.com (If you're still seeing the white background, refresh the page and you should see the new layout.)
Mostly just cleaned stuff up a bit, but we've added a Super Bright set (white/black, bright blue, fluorescent orange,bright orange, fluorescent yellow, and fluorescent green), as well as some cube themed necklaces (on our T-shirts page). We've filled in a bunch of missing sets across the site, so now each puzzle you can get sets for has all of the same sets available. We also added drop down menus for the Mirror Bump, Square-1, and Golden Cube stickers; you can now purchase individual faces for better customization). More new stuff coming soon! (Working on 7x7x7 mini stickers :wink:)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:15 pm 

I'm not sure if you know why this would happen or if there's anything you can do about it, but your site always crashes my main browser (Opera). Formerly this only happened when trying to look at MF8 Gigaminx stickers but now it happens on the main page.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm 

Jared wrote:
I'm not sure if you know why this would happen or if there's anything you can do about it, but your site always crashes my main browser (Opera). Formerly this only happened when trying to look at MF8 Gigaminx stickers but now it happens on the main page.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about browsers and web design to tell you why. I'm assuming you're able to view the site in a different browser? That's really my only suggestion. Sorry :(

We have World Championship 2013 limited edition commemorative sticker sets available on the site: http://cubesmith.com/Worlds2013.htm We made 100 of these and sold most of them at the event, but we have a few left. Once they're gone, they will not be reprinted.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:57 pm 

Florian Mod stickers are now available for
4x4x4,
5x5x5, and
6x6x6 puzzles.
We'll have Florian Mod stickers for 7x7x7 and 7x7x7 mini puzzles soon.
We've also made a slight adjustment to our Crazy 3x3x3 and Crazy 3x3x2 stickers; you'll find the corners are now more rounded for a better fit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:22 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
We've also made a slight adjustment to our Crazy 3x3x3 and Crazy 3x3x2 stickers; you'll find the corners are now more rounded for a better fit.
That's excellent news! I love Cubesmith stickers for Crazy 3x3 and Crazy2Face and I just so happen to have a Crazy2Face kit made from from MF8 Crazy 3x3 2-Circle and 4-Circle puzzles that requires stickers!!! :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16