Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Special Offer for 3x2x2 for Twisty members
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:26 am 

Hi folks,

For the past year I have been working on building ABS parts to make fully functional 3x2x2 rectangular prism puzzles. Well I finally have the necessary parts to build a quantity of 3x2x2 and 3x3x2 puzzles. The 3x2x2 measures 66x66x99mm and the 3x3x2 is 66x99x99mm. The parts are all double checked with calipers to make sure they are the correct size.

I am offering the 3x2x2's first on ebay for $65 plus shipping, but I have a special offer to kick things off for Twisty members. For the first 15 orders I will offer Twisty members the new deluxe 3x2x2 puzzles for $50 including shipping world-wide. The 1mm thick tiles greatly add to the strength of the puzzle and this new design is a big improvement to my earlier designs. If you are interested email me at mark@cubeman.org .

Attachments:
deluxe-tower-all.jpg
deluxe-tower-all.jpg [ 41.64 KiB | Viewed 1221 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:27 pm 

[wrong thread]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:58 pm 

I got mine in the mail today! It works great!

Thanks Mark

-mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:58 pm 

Heh, my "Fraken Tower" doesn't feel quite so beastly in the face of that thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:21 am 

Wow! Is this offer still valid? :P

*prays*

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject: Offer still available
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:43 am 

> Wow! Is this offer still valid? Razz

The offer of the 3x2x2 including air mail shipping world-wide for $50 U.S. dollars is still available.

I'll sell both the 3x2x2 and 3x3x2 including air mail shipping within the U.S. or Canada for $120 U.S., but it's $135 for international shipping. Unfortunately when the weight goes over 500 grams the price of air mail shipping doubles.

The colours are standard cube colours, white, blue, green, red, orange and yellow. In the future I will be offering more colours.
You can see a video of the 3x3x2 on this page: http://cubeman.org/cubesell.html

Payment is by ikobo.com or paypal.com to mark@cubeman.org .

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:35 pm 

Thanks!

I went for the 3x2x2, although the 3x3x2 looks quite big and impressive!
Will think about getting the other puzzle in the future! :)

Peter

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject: Re: Offer still available
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:01 pm 

My eye must be going because I'm noticing white dots on puzzles in the picture above and it also looks like to me a 4x4x6 cube with bigs stickers on the puzzle anyway. Is my eye going? I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to :oops: .

Mark Longridge wrote:
For the first 15 orders I will offer Twisty members the new deluxe 3x2x2 puzzles for $50 including shipping world-wide.

I know I'm probably to late to ask but Is this offer still valid and for how long?? I love to have one. :wink:

Mark Longridge wrote:
The offer of the 3x2x2 including air mail shipping world-wide for $50 U.S. dollars is still available. I'll sell both the 3x2x2 and 3x3x2 including air mail shipping within the U.S. or Canada for $120 U.S.

Is this offer still valid and for how long?? I love to have one also. Just curious on how long the offer is because you didn't say above and also how many made for the twistypuzzles communnity.

Post subject: Re: Offer still available
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:14 am 

Hi Darren,

Those white dots are caused by the flash of my camera reflecting off some parts of the ABS plastic.

Darren Grewe wrote:
My eye must be going because I'm noticing white dots on puzzles in the picture above and it also looks like to me a 4x4x6 cube with bigs stickers on the puzzle anyway. Is my eye going? I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to :oops: .

Not at all. I'm not using stickers, those are 1 mm thick polystyrene squares. I'm still making some improvements to the puzzle and it looks somewhat better in person.

Mark Longridge wrote:
For the first 15 orders I will offer Twisty members the new deluxe 3x2x2 puzzles for $50 including shipping world-wide.

I know I'm probably to late to ask but Is this offer still valid and for how long?? I love to have one. :wink:

Mark Longridge wrote:
The offer of the 3x2x2 including air mail shipping world-wide for $50 U.S. dollars is still available. I'll sell both the 3x2x2 and 3x3x2 including air mail shipping within the U.S. or Canada for $120 U.S.

Is this offer still valid and for how long?? I love to have one also. Just curious on how long the offer is because you didn't say above and also how many made for the twistypuzzles communnity.

Most of the 3x2x2's and the 3x3x2's were sold to twisty members. Originally I only had enough coloured plastic to make about 15 puzzles. Normally a plastics manufacturer will want to sell a minimum run of 140 sheets for each colour which are about 4 feet by 8 feet in size! Fortunately we managed to come up with a compromise solution on a smaller amount of plastic.

It turned out to be fairly expensive to make the ABS pieces. I have enough materials to make about 30 more puzzles. When I run out of parts I'll announce it here.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:53 pm 

Received it on the mail today just three hours before my flight... talk about timing! :P

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
(and if you notice someone twisting this HUGE puzzle inflight, it can't be any other than me LOL)

Peter