Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rare Puzzles
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 12:58 am 

I picked up a domino puzzle on ebay last month for 23.50 British Pounds. I just lucked out. I found a Dino cube in a junk shop in China for about $1 US. (sorry, only one). And I finally got my hands on a Meffert's Gung Chi ball. (a gift form a friend who didn't want it). These puzzles are out there, you just have to spend some time looking for them. I live in Hong Kong, and spend my weekends searching through old toy stores with pictures of the puzzles I want. Sometimes I get lucky. By the way, I'm looking for a lock-out, and luminations if any one has one they want to get rid of. Don't give up the search!

Post subject: You didn't luck out.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:35 am 
I spotted that domino you won on ebay today. I would have placed a bid on it if it was avaliable in the USA. How did you get it if you live in hong kong. Did you say you lived in the UK? I see what you are getting at. Sometimes one gets lucky when finding an item. I knew a person who went to their neighbors house and found a rubik's revenge in a bucket. On ebay, I won a Rubik's Master Magic for $10. Life's like that.
Michael

Post subject: Domino
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 2:34 am 

I actually had the puzzle sent to a friend in England. She's going to send it to me. O.k. so I pay a bit more on postage, but it's still less than the $300 to $1,000 I've seen them go for on ebay. I've spent some time pounding the streets here. And I think I've paid too much once or twice for things on ebay. But when I find something "good" at a lesser price, it's always worth it.

Post subject: Cool!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 2:34 am 
I knew there was something about that auction. Anyway finding any puzzle at a garage sale is a great deal. I hope it happens to me.
Michael