Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:31 pm 

Just ordered my textured tiles for the helicopter cube! :D

I don't suppose anyone can shed any light on why there are no green mosaic stickers? Green is my favourite colour and far more standard that fuschia. In most light I struggle to tell orange, red and fuschia apart. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:14 pm 

heiowge wrote:
I don't suppose anyone can shed any light on why there are no green mosaic stickers? Green is my favourite colour and far more standard that fuschia. In most light I struggle to tell orange, red and fuschia apart. :(

This was discussed somewhere in this thread...Basically, our suppliers do not offer a green mosaic vinyl. It was for this reason that we were so hesitant to carry mosaic material, even though we'd had many requests for it. Since the mosaic set is intended to replicate the Pyraminx (I think, don't hold me to that - I just know it was a 4 sided triangle puzzle) sticker set, only 4 colors were required, so we decided we should offer it. Once 4 colors are available, of course people are going to want to have a 6 color set, but since green is not available, we are not able to offer a mosaic set in the standard six colors. To make a 6 color set, we had to use the fuschia, which is admittedly very similar to both the red and orange. We also had to use the mosaic gold which, as explained on the site, has a circular mosaic pattern rather than the square pattern all 5 other colors have. We know this is not an ideal 6 color mosaic set, but it's the best we can do right now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:22 pm 

Would it be possible for you to offer six colors, each with a different pattern?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 pm 

Jared wrote:
Would it be possible for you to offer six colors, each with a different pattern?

I'm not sure what you're asking....Are we still talking about mosaic stickers?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:54 pm 

Yes. Do they come in different patterns besides the ones you've got already?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 am 

Jared wrote:
Yes. Do they come in different patterns besides the ones you've got already?

I'm still not sure what you're asking....Are you referring to the mosaic pattern on the vinyl itself? The way 5 of the colors have the squared mosaic pattern and the gold has a circular pattern? If so, then no, these are the only types of mosaic vinyl our suppliers offer, it was a stretch to find the circular gold mosaic material to complete the 6 color set. If you are referring to the cut pattern of each sticker, mosaic stickers are available in singles for every puzzle we sell stickers for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:48 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
I'm still not sure what you're asking....Are you referring to the mosaic pattern on the vinyl itself? The way 5 of the colors have the squared mosaic pattern and the gold has a circular pattern? If so, then no, these are the only types of mosaic vinyl our suppliers offer, it was a stretch to find the circular gold mosaic material to complete the 6 color set.

OK, that's what I was asking. Was the gold circular stuff the only circular color available?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 pm 

Jared wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
I'm still not sure what you're asking....Are you referring to the mosaic pattern on the vinyl itself? The way 5 of the colors have the squared mosaic pattern and the gold has a circular pattern? If so, then no, these are the only types of mosaic vinyl our suppliers offer, it was a stretch to find the circular gold mosaic material to complete the 6 color set.

OK, that's what I was asking. Was the gold circular stuff the only circular color available?

As far as I know, yes, but I will double check with Chris

Cubesmith has partnered up with Lubix Cube. :) We now offer Lubix Cube lube for sale on our site: http://cubesmith.com/Lubricant.htm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:22 am 

Yay! Are you ever going to be having any of the small size Lubix?

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:17 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
Yay! Are you ever going to be having any of the small size Lubix?

We don't plan to at this time, but we may in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:00 am 

Is there any news regarding the Megaminx tiles?

Ryan

Tony Fisher wrote:
Please can you reduce the size of your photos when posting. To see the whole of this thread I have to walk into the next room.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:30 pm 

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but are you planning on offering stickers for the mass-produced square-2? Oh, and I too am interested in the progress of the megaminx tiles...since I'll be buying five sets. Thanks! :wink:

- Billy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:37 am 

I'd like to add to LonoGod's mini list by asking if you ever plan to sell stickers for the QJ 3x3x3 Dodecahedron, Trajber's Octahedron and Greenhill's Octahedron? Maybe also some of the puzzles in Meffert's China Puzzles section.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 pm 

RyanA wrote:
Is there any news regarding the Megaminx tiles?
Ryan

We are working on them...The problem was that we started running low our stock of printed tile material, so we've been working to print more, which is a very time consuming process and drying time is dependent upon the weather. In addition, we will be adding a new color to make the Megaminx set (I think it will be a gray, but don't hold me to that). We can't put the sets up on the site until we have some made and ready to go, so it'll probably be a few more weeks until they're available. We were able to get the Helicopter cube tiles up already because it is only a six color set, and we had enough material in stock to make some sets.

lonogod wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but are you planning on offering stickers for the mass-produced square-2? - Billy

SEBUVER wrote:
I'd like to add to LonoGod's mini list by asking if you ever plan to sell stickers for the QJ 3x3x3 Dodecahedron, Trajber's Octahedron and Greenhill's Octahedron? Maybe also some of the puzzles in Meffert's China Puzzles section.

I will mention all of this to Chris and add them to our to-do list if they're not already on it. Basically, we are willing to produce stickers for any puzzle which has been mass produced, it's just a matter of finding the time to work on creating the artwork. We are always working on new products, sometimes it just takes a while before new things are added to the site.

I believe the next thing you guys will see added to the site will be colorblind sticker sets, but rather than being screenprinted shapes, the shapes will be cut into the vinyl. These are intended for use with the glow in the dark puzzles, but will work for any 3x3x3 puzzle (we may have other sizes available in the future, but are not working on anything right now).

As always, if you guys want something, don't be shy about posting in here about it. This thread has been a great way for the cubing community to let us know what you guys want to see for sale. We know there are so many things out there that we do not offer stickers for yet, and we need you guys to let us know what we should work on first, so THANKS! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 am 

Hi cubegrrrl,
I would love to see some stickers for the new Rex Cube available from Meffert's. Axis cube stickers would be awesome as well :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:38 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
As always, if you guys want something, don't be shy about posting in here about it. This thread has been a great way for the cubing community to let us know what you guys want to see for sale. We know there are so many things out there that we do not offer stickers for yet, and we need you guys to let us know what we should work on first, so THANKS! :D

The Face-Turning Octahedron needs sticker sets. The triangles are smaller than a Pyraminx but larger than Rainbow singles. There are eight different faces with nine triangles a piece. More recently, a number of Magic Octahedron clones have came out, which mostly all have the exact same physical dimensions as the Face Turning FTO, also having eight faces with nine triangles per face. The same sticker set can be applied to both puzzles, which will look identical solved but behave in vastly different ways. One sticker set for two puzzles :solved:

Oops! :oops: Makes me feel like a dummy for not checking the site in a while...

Last edited by stardust4ever on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:48 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:

The Face-Turning Octahedron needs sticker sets. The triangles are smaller than a Pyraminx but larger than Rainbow singles. There are eight different faces with nine triangles a piece. More recently, a number of Magic Octahedron clones have came out, which mostly all have the exact same physical dimensions as the Face Turning FTO, also having eight faces with nine triangles per face. The same sticker set can be applied to both puzzles, which will look identical solved but behave in vastly different ways. One sticker set for two puzzles :solved:

http://cubesmith.com/Octahedron.htm

Tony Fisher wrote:
MaCheezm0 wrote:
2nd layer using Fisher parts

I very much hope you mean Fisher Cube parts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:14 pm 

I just ordered some Helicopter textured tiles and Octahedron Stickers. Thank you for your updates! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:58 am 

Hi cubegrrrl

I would just love see some Jumbo size 3x3x3 stickers on cubesmith! Would that be possible?

Thanks,

Sigurd

My puzzles in the Museum
My Website
My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm 

Gear Cube Extreme Sets and Singles are now available. http://cubesmith.com/Gear%20Cube%20Extreme.htm
Because this puzzle has two different faces, eachsingle sticker face will come with the stickers for the standard gear cube face as well as two stickers for the new gear cube extreme pieces.With this sticker pattern, the puzzle can be stickered with any color on the gear cube extreme faces.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:19 pm 

Thank you Cubesmith! I will within the next day or so be buying a Gear Cube Extreme and I'll have to get some nice stickers from you. Thanks once again!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 pm 

Maybe it is just me, but the stickers I got from Cubesmith for the gear cube (regular) was too big. I ordered the gear cube extreme from Mefferts and I got a extra sticker set with it (for the Tony Fisher pattern) and those fit perfectly.

Is it just me or have you "trimmed" these new stickers?

Alex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 pm 

dextir wrote:
Maybe it is just me, but the stickers I got from Cubesmith for the gear cube (regular) was too big. I ordered the gear cube extreme from Mefferts and I got a extra sticker set with it (for the Tony Fisher pattern) and those fit perfectly.

Is it just me or have you "trimmed" these new stickers?

Alex

When did you purchase your Gear Cube stickers from us? Around the time we released the gear cube extreme set, we reworked the Gear Cube Fisher pattern to match the slightly smaller size of the Gear Cube Extreme sticker pattern from Meffert's. It's only a minor change, but it made the stickers look much better on the puzzle. If you ordered before we made the change (orders placed before 9/22/2010 received the old pattern), we will replace your Gear Cube set with the new slightly smaller sticker set. Just email the transaction ID number from the transaction which included the original Gear Cube set to orders@cubesmith.com with a request for a replacement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:11 pm 

10 days before that date, so I got the old ones, just sent a mail.

Thank you <3

Alex :solved:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:31 pm 

I actually prefer the old ones to the new and was disappointed that the Gear Cube Extreme stickers are so small.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:41 pm 

Thanks for my new laptop stickers cubesmith!

Attachments:
image201011200001.jpg
image201011200001.jpg [ 20.7 KiB | Viewed 7730 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:28 pm 

Megaminx tile sets and singles are now available. We'll get better pics up soon.
http://cubesmith.com/Megaminx%20Tiles.htm

We've also added grey tile singles for every size of tiles we offer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm 

Your Megaminx tiles look very, very nice! :D This has been needed for a long time and I'm glad you finally have them. Sadly, all of my Meffert's Megaminxes already have tiles. :( If I ever get another Megaminx, I'll be sure to order a set of these. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 pm 

Please consider making stickers for Meffert's latest puzzles: the Volcano, Mosaic Cube, and Professor's Pyraminx. All 3 of them tend to have poorly applied stickers from the factory which many may want to replace. I know that I really want to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 am 

^ I second that :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 am 

im still praying for tera tiles, and giga tiles, that would be the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
Please consider making stickers for Meffert's latest puzzles: the Volcano, Mosaic Cube, and Professor's Pyraminx. All 3 of them tend to have poorly applied stickers from the factory which many may want to replace. I know that I really want to.

We do have plans for all of these, but we can't make them until we have the puzzles. Our order has been placed, but they seem to be back ordered.
ndgamer4life wrote:
im still praying for tera tiles, and giga tiles, that would be the best.

These likely won't be available any time soon...We are still having a bit of trouble with the Megaminx. They look fine, but the manufacturing process is slow going. Don't hold me to it, but I think the next tile set we'll offer will probably be a 3x3x3 small size set.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:05 pm 

Are planning to do vinnyl stickers for the rex cube? And gear cube tiles would be cool, but for a reason i don't think its will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm 

Hey guys, forgot to post on here the other day that sticker sets and singles are now available for the MF8 Gigaminx. These stickers are a slightly different size and shape than the Gigaminx stickers we already sold, which were created to fit the Cube4You Gigaminx. The prepackaged set also has a few different colors, purple instead of light purple, mid grey instead of aqua, and cream instead of tan. Since we have added a cream colored vinyl for this set, you'll now find it available on most other pages (I'm still in the process of adding things to the site, so if you don't see it be patient, I'm working on it :) ).

Also wanted to let you guys know that we will be moving the location of our shop next week. Please keep this in mind if you send in a mail-in order. Also, please bear with us if we fall a little further behind than usual on shipping orders. If you need an order quickly, just email us and ask. I'm hoping that the moving of our computers and the new internet connection works well and quickly, but it's possible we may be down for a day or two (not the site, just our access to email). I will post the new address on the FAQ page soon, and we will still have access to anything sent to the current address, just wanted to give you guys a heads up.
Drake wrote:
Are planning to do vinyl stickers for the rex cube? And gear cube tiles would be cool, but for a reason i don't think its will happen.

Not sure what the rex cube is, but I'll mention it to Chris. As usual, if it's a mass produced cube, we likely have plans to eventually offer stickers for it. I doubt we'll have gear cube tiles...The smaller the individual tiles are, the more likely they are to stick in the machine when we punch the sheets, which is why we have so much trouble with the Megaminx tiles. I can't even imagine the frustration of punching the little 'U' shaped sticker on the gear cube :D But, as always, it's not out of the question...Just not a priority right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:07 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Not sure what the rex cube is, but I'll mention it to Chris.
OK, here is the rex cube: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=433

Oh and for the holey skewb, holey pillowed and pillowed skewb?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:12 am 

Bump. I guess.
I am not really sure if it is apropriate to bump this thread, but would like to know how fluorescent the fluorescent green really is on a black puzzle.
I like to put the Meffert's color sceme on all my dodecahedra. I mean the old one that was used with the tiles before lavendar came with the stickers. I always use bright blue instead of light blue for the brighter blue and I think it loods really good that way. I wish there was brown still but I stick to tan instead. But I never really liked the light green. I think if there was bright green it would fit the lighter green tiles best. However I looked at the fluorescent green and wondered if it's not to fluorescent because from the pictures it really looks like I could try it.
Before I do though, I wanted to know if anyone has an example picture of that color or knows if it is really to fluorescent to be used along normal colors.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:00 pm 

If you want to match the meffert's florescent vinyl color schemes, order these colors:

Pyraminx:
Fluorescent Orange
Fluorescent Yellow
Fluorescent Green
Bright Blue

For the Skewb color scheme, add these two additional colors:
Fluorescent Pink
Bright Orange

Bright Blue (Cubesmith) does not fluoresce under a black light. Some of the older stock of Mefferts blue vinyl fluoresces a whitish blue color; some of the newer stock does not. I actually have a Pyrastar in which the blue on one side fluoresced, but the other side did not. Both blues are indistinguishable under normal lighting. All of the other five vinyl Meffert's colors fluoresce.

As for the fluorescent/bright Cubesmith colors, both the fluorescent green and fluorescent yellow glow with a fierce lemon-lime tint under a blacklight. The fluorescent Pink and fluorescent orange also glow a similar fierce red-orange color. I have ordered a set for my Flowerminx to match my Skewb Ultimates, but I haven't tested the Cubesmith bright orange yet to see if it fluoresces or not. Many orange dyes do have fluorescent properties, though.

I don't recommend doing blacklight solves with either Cubesmith or Mefferts vinyl for that exact reason: the fluorescent green/yellow are hard to distinguish under a blacklight as well are the fluorescent pink/orange. But under normal lighting, they are all very easy to differentiate.

The Cubesmith white vinyl does fluoresce slightly, but the glow from the white is very weak.

Hope this helps :solved:

[EDIT]

Okay, the Cubesmith Bright Orange does glow under a blacklight. Here is a side-by-side comparison of the Cubesmith Vinyl on a white Flowerminx (left) and the Meffert's Vinyl on a black Skewb ultimate (right). Light sources used are a 35 watt incandescent halogen bulb and a 13 watt compact fluorescent blacklight. Both light sources are from the same lamp and in the same position.
Attachment:
Halogen.JPG
Halogen.JPG [ 92.33 KiB | Viewed 6760 times ]

Attachment:
CFL Blacklight.JPG
CFL Blacklight.JPG [ 94.52 KiB | Viewed 6760 times ]

Also be aware that on many of the more recent puzzle runs produced by Mefferts, the blue does not fluoresce as the old stock does. Meffert's florescent vinyl, which he has been using for 30 years, is now discontinued. All Meffert's new puzzle runs will use German vinyl from now on. But if you are desperately craving fluorescent stickers, at least you'll know where to find a decent substitute. :mrgreen: :solved:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:43 pm 

Sorry for bumping that thread, again lol. But are you planning to do smaller 3x3 stickers, for the mf8 legend? And for the dayan gem I, tiles would be cool, dayan gem II, and the III when it comme out?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:26 pm 

One thing I am curious about, would it be possible to print clear/translucent tiles? I have known for some time that the tiles are clear with the colored ink plus white backing on the sticky side. I thought about this a while back, and noticed that black was the only color available that did not have the white backing on it. One day, I held a piece of it over the lens of my cellphone, aimed it at the sun and saw a faint purple diffuse glow. What hat tells me the black tile material was passing a small amount of infrared light. Naturally, the tile doesn't transmit much anything because it is black, but would colored light shine through the tiles if they did not have the white backing?

Transparent tiles would be a wonderful alternative for clear cubes. Just a thought. :solved: Transparent stickers would be nice too if they were of good quality, but nobody offers these :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:08 pm 

Thanks, stardust, for giving such a clarifying answer about the fluorescent vinyl :) Sorry I haven't posted in a while...We are finally moved to our new shop and starting to get settled in. I wanted to let you guys know that we have a huge list of things we are working on, most of which have been discussed here. Now that the stress of planning and completing the move is done we hope to be able to catch up on all the things we've been planning. I want to give Chris a priority list, so let me know if there's a puzzle that you guys really need stickers for (as always, we're more likely to make stickers for a mass produced puzzle than for a one of mod).
Drake wrote:
are you planning to do smaller 3x3 stickers, for the mf8 legend? And for the dayan gem I, tiles would be cool, dayan gem II, and the III when it come out?

I'm not sure what the MF8 Legend is...Is is smaller than the F-Type 3x3x3 cubes we offer stickers for? We do have plans at this time for the gem puzzle, but I'm not sure where Chris is at on that. It's not likely we'll have tiles for it any time soon, but it's not out of the question for the future. As we've discussed somewhere here in this thread, tiles are more expensive and time consuming to produce, so we don't offer new tile sets as often as we offer new sticker sets.
stardust4ever wrote:
One thing I am curious about, would it be possible to print clear/translucent tiles? I have known for some time that the tiles are clear with the colored ink plus white backing on the sticky side. I thought about this a while back, and noticed that black was the only color available that did not have the white backing on it. One day, I held a piece of it over the lens of my cellphone, aimed it at the sun and saw a faint purple diffuse glow. What hat tells me the black tile material was passing a small amount of infrared light. Naturally, the tile doesn't transmit much anything because it is black, but would colored light shine through the tiles if they did not have the white backing?
Transparent tiles would be a wonderful alternative for clear cubes. Just a thought. :solved: Transparent stickers would be nice too if they were of good quality, but nobody offers these :(

As for clear tiles, we would not need to print them...The lexan material we use is clear. (BTW, black tiles have two coats of black rather than a coat of color and a coat of white.) The problem is, the adhesive tends to affect the way the image under the tile looks. It's not noticeable when there is a color between the adhesive and the plastic, but when the plastic is clear you can see variations in the texture of the adhesive. I wouldn't recommend it, but we have sold a few sets to people who want to preserve a sticker underneath (say, with an autograph on it or something). Because the way they look is not ideal, we will not add it to the site, but if you want to order a set, just place an order through the site for a tile set, then email us your transaction ID number and a request to switch it for an unprinted tile set.
We also have clear laminate. It is similar to our vinyl material, but a little thicker. Since it comes to us as one piece of material (and not layers that we print or put together), the adhesive is more even than what we use on our tiles. While the images or puzzle may appear a bit foggy with the laminate on it, they'll look more even than with clear tiles. If you're interested in these, send us an email with what you'd like and we'll get you a price quote.

*Also wanted to let you guys know that we will have 4x4x4 parts and cores back in stock soon (hopefully this week), but in limited quantities. I will try to remember to post here to let you guys know when they're on the site.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:53 pm 

I'm pretty sure these have already been mentioned by others, but here's three mass produced puzzles that I would personally most like new stickers for:

Mosaic Cube
Rex Cube
Master Skewb

I would also like to say that I am very happy with my purchase of textured tiles for my Mefferts Megaminx. I really like the colors used in the set, much better than the sticker set. This is also my first experience with using cubesmith tiles, and I very much enjoy both the feel of the tiles and not having to worry about wear and tear. I hope to someday be able to get a matching set of tiles for my Pyraminx Crystal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 pm 

Mf8 legend: http://www.icubemart.com/apps/webstore/ ... ow/2284065

It is suppose to be like 1m or smaller then the type F, if im right, mine should arirve soon, but it is smaller then the lingyun, so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Thanks, stardust, for giving such a clarifying answer about the fluorescent vinyl :)
No problem. I really wanted to know for myself how closely the Cubesmith and Meffert's Florescent material matched in terms of color. Aside from testure, you almost can't tell the difference! :wink:
cubegrrrl wrote:
I wouldn't recommend it, but we have sold a few sets to people who want to preserve a sticker underneath (say, with an autograph on it or something). Because the way they look is not ideal, we will not add it to the site, but if you want to order a set, just place an order through the site for a tile set, then email us your transaction ID number and a request to switch it for an unprinted tile set.
Nice to hear that. I may give it a try sometime!

cubegrrrl wrote:
We also have clear laminate. It is similar to our vinyl material, but a little thicker. Since it comes to us as one piece of material (and not layers that we print or put together), the adhesive is more even than what we use on our tiles. While the images or puzzle may appear a bit foggy with the laminate on it, they'll look more even than with clear tiles. If you're interested in these, send us an email with what you'd like and we'll get you a price quote.
Can you dye the clear laminate? If not, colored Sharpie ink might work, but it would likely rub away over time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:05 am 

Question...can you make round tiles?

I have a clear 3x3x3 and I would like roundness of a title, rather then the [round] stickers I have on it now.

Melissa

Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:40 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
Can you dye the clear laminate? If not, colored Sharpie ink might work, but it would likely rub away over time.

I talked with Chris about it and we can print on the laminate, so we will add it to our next print run of our printed sets (expect colorblind, mazes and shepherds on clear laminate). We'll also add full clear sets to the site, and cubesmith logos as well.
We did try a sharpie permanent marker on the material, and it didn't seem to smear off, though we can't say how well it'll hold up over time.

MizMelysaLadi wrote:
Question...can you make round tiles?

We could in the future...The tiles require a die to cut, so we'd have to order the die first. I will run the idea by Chris.

We now have 4x4x4 parts and cores back in stock: http://cubesmith.com/Parts.htm
We've only ordered 10 cubes for parts, so there are 10 cores, and the corresponding number of other parts, so if you need them, I recommend you get them soon. Please note that these are from Winning Moves Games packaged Rubik's 4x4x4, Item #5011.We can not guarantee compatibility with any other type of 4x4x4 pieces. From our comparison, the center, edge and corner pieces have all changed slightly from previous puzzles we've parted out. The core appears the same as the previous retooled version we sold, though I don't have a core to compare it to, only a picture.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:49 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:
Can you dye the clear laminate?

I talked with Chris about it and we can print on the laminate, so we will add it to our next print run of our printed sets (expect colorblind, mazes and shepherds on clear laminate). We'll also add full clear sets to the site, and cubesmith logos as well.
This is wonderful news! :D I really love the transparent look of clear puzzles, and it is a popular thing for manufacturers to sell clear puzzles as an option, but the effect is ruined when the puzzle has opaque stickers placed on it. I recently ordered a Dayan Gem II in clear, so hopefully in the future if you supply stickers sets for it I can use nice Cubesmith Stickers on it. :solved:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:20 pm 

The mf8 legend stickers are 1.3mm if im right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 pm 

Drake wrote:
The mf8 legend stickers are 1.3mm if im right.
No. The MF8 Ledgend is 54mm, while Rubik's Cube is 57. Since both cubes are three cubies in length, you take 3mm away from the total, or one mm for each cubie. Since the standard size 3x3x3 stickers are 1.6mm, you take off 1mm per cubie to get 1.5mm. This matches the "Type F" small size which Cubesmith already offers. If you still think they should be 1.3mm, then go ahead and order some 4x4x4 stckers, which re also 1.3mm, however I think you will find those will be a bit small.

I just joined a Cube club, and since I don't have a competition-legal speedcube, I decided to try the MF8 Ledgend. I will probably be buying the "Type F small size" sticker sets for it. Tiles would be nice though. The regular size might still work; Eastsheen 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 are a little bit smaller than the Rubik's versions, but the standard tiles still work fine on them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Volitar Prime wrote:
Please consider making stickers for ... Professor's Pyraminx.

We do have plans for all of these, but we can't make them until we have the puzzles. Our order has been placed, but they seem to be back ordered.

Hi Cubegrrrl,
Can you make stickers for Professor Pyraminx little bit bigger size than originals, please?
Original ones look too small :?
Thank you,
Aleh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm 

Hey guys, Colorblind and Shepherd's sets are now available on the site, for use with glow-in-the-dark or colored puzzles. You'll also find clear vinyl laminate stickers across the site (we don't have them up on all the pages yet, but we're getting to it, and have the most popular sizes up). If you want something in clear and don't see it, let me know.
Aleh wrote:
Hi Cubegrrrl,
Can you make stickers for Professor Pyraminx little bit bigger size than originals, please?
Original ones look too small :?
Thank you,
Aleh

I'll pass the message along to Chris :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next