Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jade Club news?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 am 

Rentlix wrote:
sasà41 wrote:
also this email is only for those who have reserved the puzzle?

i have not received..... :cry:

I got this email and I never reserved anything.

I didn't reserve it and didn't get the email!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:31 pm 

I had contact with Uwe and he has given to me the following information, that I should pass on:
1. Vulcano vouchers
Uwe wrote:
It appears that there is a bit of confusion over these credit vouchers, actually they are very easy to use, a person simply deducts the $4.20 from the purchase price and send that amount via PayPal direct to Jing Meffert at mpg(@)mefferts.com.

However to avoid any further confusion I will simply refund the $4.20 to all those that have not yet used their credit voucher.
They should send me an email at uwe(@)jadeclub.org and put credit voucher refund in the subject line.
2. Jadeclub order
For now, there is no additional confirmation email. The Paypal confirmation is all we get.
Uwe wrote:
I have asked my Webmaster Cojomy to add the highly subsidised 3 to 5 days EMS (Speedpost service also for JadeClub members.
After checking I was reminded that for JadeClub members all regular shipping from Hong Kong is by Registered Airmail to anywhere in the world where there is a Post Office.
For anybody, who has not got the Jade puzzles yet, please, send an email to Uwe(@)jadeclub.org with the subject "Address" and your correct address.
Uwe had asked in an earlier Jadeclub News email, to send an address confirmation, even if the address on jadeclub.org is correct.

I have the strong suspicion that SPAM filtering can cause the problem that some email sender have bigger problems to get through than others.

email edited to prevent spamming

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm 

@konsassen - Thanks for the Jades order information. Hopefully Jades order receipts will be worked out in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 am 

Thank you for the info.

I think the system with vouchers/ payment/ refunding is really weird for the year 2011. A much better solution could have been found to avoid these problems. You would expect something more professional from a company that's said to be one of the best on the market (for puzzles).

Regarding e-mails not received, I'm sure that none were sent to my e-mail address. I have checked the spam filters every time and yesterday I decided to contact the hosting company where i have the subscribed e-mail address. I thought there might be extra spam filters. They asked me for the address I'm not getting the newsletters and said that I haven't received anything from * @jadeclub.org. They showed me a log and there were only the first e-mail and the e-mails I have sent to that domain.

So they should do somehting about this too, as I am not the only one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 am 

pablobaluba wrote:
I think the system with vouchers/ payment/ refunding is really weird for the year 2011. A much better solution could have been found to avoid these problems. You would expect something more professional from a company that's said to be one of the best on the market (for puzzles).

I don't think that anybody would say that, unless they have a paid banner in their website. I also know somebody that took this banner off due to Meffert's lack of professionality.

Konrad wrote:
I have the strong suspicion that SPAM filtering can cause the problem that some email sender have bigger problems to get through than others.

reminded me of that

Last edited by cisco on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am 

pablobaluba wrote:
@sasa - I'm not receiving any newsletter either. And I have subscribed for everything...

Btw., has anyone registered their puzzles? WIth the number received? What's going to happen after that? :lol:
The site just says that registration is OK. Nothing more. I believe that those are right assuming that it is just a fancy serial number :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 am 

pablobaluba wrote:
Thank you for the info.

I think the system with vouchers/ payment/ refunding is really weird for the year 2011. A much better solution could have been found to avoid these problems. You would expect something more professional from a company that's said to be one of the best on the market (for puzzles)...
I think we should be glad, that this refund was offered at all. You know, how a really professional company would have acted? "No refund possible. You have ordered at a certain time, accepting a certain price. That is a contract. Period." I'm glad that Uwe acts here more like "family". He thinks a refund is fair for those who had ordered "too early" (before we could order it at jadeclub.org) and offers nicely a refund. Why should I complain about the chosen method? :)
And we are discussing here about $4.60, right? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:00 pm 

Do members of the Jade Club only get limited edition puzzles, or can they get other puzzles as well (i.e. puzzles Meffert is already selling)?

YouTube channel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm 

Not all Meffert puzzles are available in Jade Club. Until now there are only 5 puzzles there, Professor pyraminx, Mosaic cube, Vulcano, Imperial cube, & Imperial pyraminx. Hopefully more will be added in future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:12 pm 

My jades came, but I mixed up the numbers. Will that be a problem for later?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:18 am 

I have tried to help two fellow members who had communication problems with Jade.
Uwe has replied very fast (while I was sleeping :) ). Here is part of his answer (remember, today is Saturday and all professional companies are closed :lol: ):
Uwe wrote:
There is no problem with the JadeClub communication channels, we are receiving numerous email daily.

The biggest problem effecting our communication is spamming attacks and Spam filtering software especially from @earthlink.net this is a very annoying program that most of the time does not let our Newsletters through and also we cannot register ourselves as a safe sender 80% of the time. Please make a post on TP that if anyone is using @earthlink.net spam prevention software to please add us to their safe list if they want to receive the JadeClub or Meffert’s Newsletters.
Many Thanks for you kind help.
Happy Puzzling
Uwe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 am 

what is earthlink.net ???
i dont received newsletters and i use gmail (google)
i added jades(@)jadeclub.org to my personal contact.
problems with gmail??? i think is a good email

finally i have received jade puzzles!!!
i can register codes or is better to wait for instructions from meffert?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 am 

sasà41 wrote:
what is earthlink.net ???
Obviously, it is a service provider with a specific protection software that has caused problems with Jade mails. I'm not familiar with them.
sasà41 wrote:
i dont received newsletters and i use gmail (google)
i added jades(@)jadeclub.org to my personal contact.
problems with gmail??? i think is a good email
I do not think that gmail has specific problems. I have problems from time to time with my SPAM folder though (not gmail), that email is considered SPAM unexpectedly. I add the sender address to my white list in this case. Have you checked your SPAM folder at gmail?
sasà41 wrote:
finally i have received jade puzzles!!!
i can register codes or is better to wait for instructions from meffert?
I have registered mine after receiving them. I do not expect further instructions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:51 am 

also my spam folder is always empty

i contacted uwe for this, but no answer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 am 

Another quote from Uwe:
Uwe wrote:
Konrad, forgot to mention that you may certainly mention Cojomy as our IP expert Cojomy.Chen(@)gmail.com. Again thanks for all your help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:56 am 

After 2 emails I finally got a repsonse from Uwe about my Mosaic order thru Jades, yes it was fine as suggested. The only thing I don't like - and I'm probably in a total minority - is buying through Jades I automatically get the registered mail option. For me that totally makes it a drag to have to go get my puzzles 2 weeks or so later. I always have to make a special trip to the post office and take off a little spare time from work to make it there before they close.

Oh well, I am sure the Jades order process will improve as time goes on - I have faith.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:09 am 

Woot! I've just bought my Professor Pyraminx from the Jade Club. I'm excited. :)

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:56 am 

Do Jades' orders get priority over regular Meffert's orders?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:10 pm 

That did happen in the case for me, I ordered some Meffert puzzles and ordered a jade club pyraminx at the same day, at the last day of 2010. My jade club pyraminx came a lot more earlier than my Meffert's, like last week on thursday. My Meffert puzzles came later on Tuesday this week.

RubixFreakGreg wrote:
Actually in your hand it feels the right size :)

That's what she said :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 pm 

NType3 wrote:
Do Jades' orders get priority over regular Meffert's orders?

Yes - that is the whole point. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:30 pm 

Konrad wrote:
I had contact with Uwe and he has given to me the following information, that I should pass on:
1. Vulcano vouchers
Uwe wrote:
It appears that there is a bit of confusion over these credit vouchers, actually they are very easy to use, a person simply deducts the $4.20 from the purchase price and send that amount via PayPal direct to Jing Meffert at mpg(@)mefferts.com.

However to avoid any further confusion I will simply refund the $4.20 to all those that have not yet used their credit voucher.
They should send me an email at uwe(@)jadeclub.org and put credit voucher refund in the subject line.

Thanks... Just sent my refund request. I did actually try to use my voucher twice and I still don't get this "simply deducts the $4.20 from the purchase price" bit. You pay via PayPal and you get a bill... that bill isn't negotiable. So how exactly is it that one is able to deduct from the total? The voucher code isn't recognized by PayPal. Am I missing something? I hate feeling stupid.
Konrad wrote:

$4.20... unless there is a joke here I'm missing.

Carl
emails edited to prevent spamming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm 

wwwmwww wrote:
I did actually try to use my voucher twice...

The first time was trying to order the Mosaic Cube. The second was while trying to order the Prof Pyraminx. So I held off both times. Seeing as the refund things is now in place I figured I'd go ahead and get both. The thing is... the JadeClub has no shopping cart. I had to order both puzzles separately. I hope Uwe saves himself some money and at least ships them together.

I do see where pablobaluba is coming from. In this day and age I'd expect the JadeCube shop to be set up with a shopping cart and have a means to accept coupons/credit voucher codes. Don't get me wrong... I'm happy to be able to get these puzzles at this price and that the voucher was even offered but I'd still like to see these improvements added to the site eventually.

Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:03 pm 

I'm confused about the whole coupon/credit/voucher thing. What is it and how do I use it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 pm 

NType3 wrote:
I'm confused about the whole coupon/credit/voucher thing. What is it and how do I use it?
When you order from the Jade Club website, you get 10% off. I ordered the mosiac cube for $37.80, which is $42.00 - 10%.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 pm 

Right, but you don't have to do anything to get the discount, do you?

Last edited by NType3 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 pm 

NType3 wrote:

There was a $4.20 Voucher offered to JadeClub members that ordered the Vulcano puzzle through Meffets BEFORE it was offered through the JadeClub. In our rush to order we missed out of the 10% off that time and this was Uwe's way of making it up to us. It's probably safe to say if you don't know what it is you don't have one and its not worth worrying about. On all following puzzles just place your order through the JadeClub and its automatic.

Carl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 am 

wwwmwww wrote:
Konrad wrote:

$4.20... unless there is a joke here I'm missing.

Carl
Sorry, my mistake :oops:
I'll pass your posts to Uwe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 am 

A reply from Uwe regarding problems with Email communication:
Uwe wrote:
Dear Konrad,
Please let TP members know not to use the Gmail or Hotmail accounts for the time being to contact us. Google and Microsoft must be having some dispute with the Chinese Government and their Gmail and Hotmail services are now partially blocked (so very unreliable). Please use support(@)mefferts.com or news(@)mefferts.com these are on our server in Germany and are relatively reliable but still sometimes have severe spamming attacks.

uwe(@)jadeclub.org, vip(@)jadeclub.or are not having any problems.

All the best
Uwe

emails edited to prevent spamming
EDIT: Sorry :oops: I will take care of this in future copy /paste

Last edited by Konrad on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am 

Uwe wrote:
Dear Konrad,
Please let TP members know not to use the Gmail or Hotmail accounts for the time being to contact us.

Just wonderful. :roll: No wonder I almost never get any responses. I'm on gmail. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am 

i have only 1 email account, with gmail.....
he will receives my mails if i send to support(@)mefferts.com?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:06 pm 

I use a forwarding service that sends stuff to my gmail account and I still don't get the emails. Oh well, at least I know. I'll just have to keep reading TP to get the latest news. It seems to be up here quicker than I'd get in my emails anyway :)

-d

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:46 pm 

Konrad wrote:
A reply from Uwe regarding problems with Email communication:
Uwe wrote:
Dear Konrad,
Please let TP members know not to use the Gmail or Hotmail accounts for the time being to contact us. Google and Microsoft must be having some dispute with the Chinese Government and their Gmail and Hotmail services are now partially blocked (so very unreliable). Please use support(@)mefferts.com or news(@)mefferts.com these are on our server in Germany and are relatively reliable but still sometimes have severe spamming attacks.

uwe(@)jadeclub.org, vip(@)jadeclub.or are not having any problems.

All the best
Uwe

My credit voucher refund request was sent using my gmail account (my only personal one) to uwe(@)jadeclub.org. Since they say that one isnt having any problems do I need to resend? The request was sent on the 24th and I have yet not seen any reply. Not overly worried yet but I did also send an email to this same address back on the 15th asking how to use the voucher and I never got a reply to that email either.

My issue with communication isn't so much the lack of it... its understanding the info I do get. Getting instructions to deduct something I can't deduct, or in this case an explanation explaining why I haven't got a reply to the emails I've sent to uwe(@)jadeclub.org that states its "not having any problems".

I got my JadeClub puzzles after I sent in my physical address to uwe(@)jadeclub.org so I assume they got that info ok.

As I said I'm not overly worried and I can wait on the refund. Just confused...
Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:28 pm 

wwwmwww wrote:
...I got my JadeClub puzzles after I sent in my physical address to uwe(@)jadeclub.org so I assume they got that info ok.

As I said I'm not overly worried and I can wait on the refund. Just confused...
Carl
The reply I have quoted above, is all I've got so far. I have forwarded two messages from you concerning the voucher issue, but I have not received a specific response.
I'll forward this post too. (My mail acount seems to have no problems. That's why I'm working here as kind of a relay station :) )
I got my refund immediately :D (after sending the requested email) and I wouldn't know either, how to deduct something when sending the money via Paypal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 pm 

I've been trying to get in touch with the Jade Club folks for a couple of weeks now with no luck/response. I can't log into the site and need my password reset. I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on ordering the Professor Pyraminx and the Mosaic Cube! Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:32 am 

new logo in website....

no answer about newsletter problem also in support(@)mefferts.com.... :cry:
please post here newsletter when you received

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:51 pm 

sasà41 wrote:
new logo in website....

And it's nice looking! :D

Last newsletter was from the 20th.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:14 pm 

I've asked Uwe, if it is OK posting the Jade Newsletter here. He thinks it is a good idea.
Here it is (without the pictures):
Jade Newsletter January 20 wrote:
Subject: JadeClub News as of Jan 20, 2011 - Good News, the Prof Pyraminx can now be Pre-Ordered direct from the JadeClub shop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All

Today I am please to be able to offer you the Prof Pyraminx
Designed by Timur Evbatyrov

the puzzle that many thought would not be made.
Offered for the same price as many other amazing puzzles brought to you by Mefferts. only US$ 42.00 - 10% JadeClub members discount with the Original German Fluorescent labels.
Once the fluorescent labels are gone, we will not be making these again. The labels are not readily available, and are becoming harder to obtain in ever larger MOQ. Once these stickers are gone, we will use the German vinyl labels as replacement. So if you want the limited edition fluorescent labels, you should Pre-Order now.
Please log into your JadeClub webpage and click on the Puzzle link.
Free shipping by Registered Airmail from Hong Kong to anywhere in the world where there is a Post Office.

Now is a good time to invite a friend that is not yet a JadeClub member, and if you have registered but not yet paid your membership fee, by doing this now it will enable us to send you the Free Jade Pyraminx and Jade cube early next week which are actually worth more that what you paid for the JadeClub Membership.

Happy Puzzling - Uwe

Uwe Meffert
Those, who do have problems receiving Jade Newsletters, should contact his webmaster directly at:
conjomy.chen(@)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 am 

Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

conjomy.chen@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... nswer=6596

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:27 am 

NType3 wrote:
Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

conjomy.chen(@)gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... nswer=6596
I'm sorry, but I have forwarded this from Uwe's email, without further checking.
Now I have tested the address myself and think that Uwe made a little (but important) typo.
cojomy.chen(@)gmail.comseems to work for me.

You have to understand, that I have no special relationship with Uwe. I'm just trying to help with some issues and my email exchange with Uwe works without any problems. :)
EDIT: Cojomy has replied to my email sent to cojomy.chen(@)gmail.com. This is definitely a correct email address and reachable from Germany.

Last edited by Konrad on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:41 am 

thanks konrad, so "cojomy" is correct?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:57 am 

sasà41 wrote:
thanks konrad, so "cojomy" is correct?
Seems to work for me. Conjomy produced a failure. cojomy did not bounce back. Good luck :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:35 pm 

Konrad wrote:
The reply I have quoted above, is all I've got so far. I have forwarded two messages from you concerning the voucher issue, but I have not received a specific response.

Thanks... your efforts are appreciated.
Konrad wrote:
I'll forward this post too. (My mail acount seems to have no problems. That's why I'm working here as kind of a relay station :) )
I got my refund immediately :D (after sending the requested email) and I wouldn't know either, how to deduct something when sending the money via Paypal.

I haven't got a refund yet... and I sent it to the email requested on the 24th. I waited on the Jade Club puzzles for a year and never worried and I'm not worried now. Just figured I'd say something as I didn't want to forget about it.

Thanks,
Carl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 pm 

Not exactly a new Newsletter, but I'll copy it anyway (without the pictures, just plain text):
Jade Newsletter January 30 wrote:
Subject: JadeClub News as of Jan 30, 2011 - Good News, the Prof Pyraminx can now be Ordered direct from the JadeClub shop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,

Fourty years ago I invented the pyraminx. This puzzle turned out to be a great hit worldwide with over 100 million puzzles sold over the past 30 years.
In 2011, I am pleased to announce the release of the Professor's Pyraminx. This puzzle is truly wonderful. It has the heft of the Professor's Cube (5x5x5) designed by Udo Krell back in 1983 But the turns on it are 100 times smoother.
This puzzle is the crown jewel of Pyraminx's. The weight, the stickers, the turning all make it a must have for collectors and puzzlers alike. If you liked the Pyraminx, you will simply love the Professor's Pyraminx with it's five layers of puzzling enjoyment.

I have not been this excited about the release of a puzzle since I began production of the Pyraminx Crystals. For me, this puzzle surpasses any other I have made. The look, the feel, it's simply amazing!

the puzzle that many thought would not be made.
the 5 layer Pyraminx named:
Prof Pyraminx
Designed by Timur Evbatyrov
can now be purchased.

Offered for the same price as many other amazing puzzles brought to you by Mefferts. only US$ 42.00 - 10% JadeClub members discount with the Original German Fluorescent labels.
Once the fluorescent labels are gone, we will not be making these again. The labels are not readily available, and are becoming harder to obtain in ever larger MOQ. Once these stickers are gone, we will use the German vinyl labels as replacement. So if you want the limited edition fluorescent labels, you should Pre-Order now.
Please log into your JadeClub webpage and click on the Puzzle link.
Free shipping by Registered Airmail from Hong Kong to anywhere in the world where there is a Post Office.

Now is a good time to invite a friend that is not yet a JadeClub member, and if you have registered but not yet paid your membership fee, by doing this now it will enable us to send you the Free Jade Pyraminx and Jade cube early next week which are actually worth more that what you paid for the JadeClub Membership.

Happy Puzzling - Uwe

Uwe Meffert

EDIT: Cojomy has replied to my email sent to cojomy.chen(@)gmail.com. This is definitely a correct email address and reachable from Germany.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 am 

yes!!!! cojomy fixed the problems, finally i received my first newsletter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:19 am 

sasà41 wrote:
yes!!!! cojomy fixed the problems, finally i received my first newsletter
Glad to hear that. :) Cojomy has sent an email to me too, that he was able to fix the problems.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 am 

wwwmwww wrote:
I haven't got a refund yet...

I just got it. Thanks for the help Konrad.

Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 am 

mf8 Gigaminx now up for advance purchase. It is more expensive than I would have thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 am 

Cyberdman wrote:
mf8 Gigaminx now up for advance purchase. It is more expensive than I would have thought.
Actually, it is $63 = 70 minus 10% (registered airmail included). I had reserved one and have ordered it now.
The C4U Gigaminx has a lower price ($49.99 + shipping), but you should read carefully the comments about it, before you go for the lower price. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 am 

I just got my Jade puzzle, they are really cool, but on my Jade pyraminx there is an mysterious scratch on 1 on the center pieces, and its not me that did it.... Will make loose the puzzle somme value i suppose...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:20 am 

For now, the pre-ordering of the Mf8 Gigaminx is only for VIP Jade club members. The first set will ship around the 20th of February after the Lunar Year holiday. These will only ship to those who have put their name on the reservation list. They will come with 2 sets of German Oracale Vinyl. The stickers will not be applied to the puzzle as that is the way they were delivered to Meffert's.

Jade club members will get a 10% discount. Others may get a chance to order the puzzle at a later date, but this depends on supply from Mf8.

I am also told to remind you that shipping is slowing down now due to the Lunar New Year Holiday. China has a full week off, Hong Kong 5 days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next