Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Rox found this week.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:03 am 

That really saddens me to learn that the Gear Cube has already been knocked off - truly a slap in the face to great inventors such as Oskar and Meffert - these must be stopped :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
That really saddens me to learn that the Gear Cube has already been knocked off - truly a slap in the face to great inventors such as Oskar and Meffert - these must be stopped :cry:

Isn't that the truth. This one is funny though. bad quality. Very bad. It locks as you turn it. It is pretty obvious to me, based on the spacing between the sections that this has had a mold made around the existing puzzle. if that makes sense.

I know I say again and again don't waste your money, but this time. You REALLY HAVE BEEN WARNED! It's pure lap sap! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:48 pm 

First package arrived from China, and a few that Uwe gave to me last night (some still missing though :wink: )

Attachment:
042.jpg
042.jpg [ 394.8 KiB | Viewed 5297 times ]

Another batch to arrive early next week I hope!

I may be wrong, but none of these are under patent. (Except the Meffert's cubes.) It still amazes me that these companies spend so much money and time and energy copying others work when they are capable of making puzzles that are out of patent and free game. I'm glad to see they are starting to remake old puzzles.

In other news, I heard the other day that the 'cubing revolution' in China is starting to slow down. Good news for manufacturers, bad news for buyers. It seems that yo-yo's are making a comeback. Expect Duncan KO's soon :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:27 am 

Hi Rox,

May I ask what these puzzles are, are they pillowed skewbs?

Thanks Robert

Attachments:
Unknown.JPG
Unknown.JPG [ 28.03 KiB | Viewed 5264 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:32 am 

Robert111 wrote:
May I ask what these puzzles are, are they pillowed skewbs?

Read this topic for more information.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 am 

I thought it was going to be a rather depressing day. I texted SmaZ this morning and he said all were in but he was taking the day off. No toys :(

Lucky for me while I was in the middle of another dull meeting he called/texted to tell me he went in after all.

Attachment:
001.jpg
001.jpg [ 425.15 KiB | Viewed 5207 times ]

And yes, I do know what is in there. :roll: As always, they aren't all for me.

What I find interesting though is this is the first time I have ever seen this:
Attachment:
052.jpg
052.jpg [ 327.39 KiB | Viewed 5207 times ]

A rough translation (and I know others can do better than I) is: invented by german inventor Uwe meffert. Professor, inventor, used for pyramid energy. He accidentally discovered the puzzle.

I also got two surprises from SmaZ today. I asked him for a cube when we were in China, not expecting to get it for a few years yet (I still haven't got my copy of Marco's square 1 :lol: ) But today he came through in spades!

Oh, and the cube I asked for:
Attachment:
088.jpg
088.jpg [ 259.69 KiB | Viewed 5207 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:40 pm 

Wow. I really wish I could have your collection. You get like 60 puzzles a week! I really like the SmaZ Edges Only Cube, I haven't seen a version where the corner gaps have been covered before. Maybe you could also sticker it in a similar fashion to a Super Floppy Cube.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:29 pm 

is that an edge turn pyraminx?

And is that edge only cube made from scramble cubes?

I REALLY would like to know the method for making that edge turn pyra :roll:

damn I know this already. I just figured it out. remove 4 corners from a cube. Make into tetrahedron. simple.

or maybe using the new DaYan III cube, those corners can disappear on a tetrahedron if I am not mistaken.

Rox, sorry for jumping on your topic here.

My puzzles in the Museum
My Website
My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 pm 

Location: USA, North America, Planet Earth, Solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
sorry to burst your bubble, but I do not think that it is a fully-functional edge-turning pyraminx. From katsmom's other pictures (not shown here, see the gallery) you can see a different (white) version of this, and each corner is glued to an edge piece. However it would be lovely if this was an actual, fully-functional edge-turning pyraminx!

I somehow still doubt it, because the hole for the hypothetical corner stalk is so much thinner than the stalk on a dayan II/III...

I hope you're right though :D

EDIT: upon closer examination, it does appear to be an edge-turning pyraminx. sorry! :oops:
another smAz masterpiece!

NEW VIDEOS-
3x3x3 stop-motion solve
Meffert's new Pyraminx Crystal solve
QJ 4x4x4 solve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 pm 

No guys, don't jump to conclusions.

Photo removed because of stupidity. Nothing worth discussing now.

All these puzzles (in the photos above) were picked up in China when we went for the Guangzhou competition. They were delivered to HK at different times. It only looks like I got a lot of puzzles this week, because well, I did :lol:

This isn't a normal occurrence. As of late, I'm lucky if I can find 2 or 3. I'm trying to stay away from Ebay, and custom puzzles.....well, I have some that wow me, and the rest I leave for all of you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 am 

Some finds, some purchases.

Attachment:
053.jpg
053.jpg [ 315.47 KiB | Viewed 5000 times ]

The Snakes have 36 pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm 

The snakes look very special! love it..

Geender

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm 

katsmom Sept. 30, 2010 wrote:
Edit: I've just received a pm about my photos of the ABC puzzle, and the Rings. I want to point out that these are not KO's of Hanayama puzzles. The ABC's first made their appearance in 1911, the rings are much older than that.

I PM'ed her about the Rings (twice).

One is labelled Key Ring and looks like Hanayama's Key Ring. The box on Hanayama's Key Ring attributes the design to Oskar van Deventer.

One is labelled Metal Puzzle and, though hard to tell from that photo, looks like Hanayama's Ring II. The box on Hanayama's Ring II attributes the design to Jose Grant, a US designer of puzzle rings. But if the Metal Puzzle is the same as Hanayama's Ring instead of Ring II then this one is no problem. Ring is the bog standard 4 band ring that is said to date from the 15th century.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:41 pm 

For the record, because I can't work out the reasoning behind the focus. I have been in contact with Oskar, about these puzzles. It has been worked out. I've purchased these and more for him. I have also sent copies of them on to Hanayama. What else do you want from me?

Apparently, I now have to answer to others than the designers. If this does not satisfy you, please contact Oskar as well as the local HK representative of Hanayama. To be honest, I can't see the reason for the above post. Unless of course it is to help others remember that I send copies on once I find them (or find out they are copies-as in the case of the keys made by Oskar above! :lol: )

With Oskar, there are just too many puzzles attributed to him to keep them all straight. Slow down a bit would you :lol: :lol: Save a few ideas for the rest of the world...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 pm 

katsmom wrote:
I want to point out that these are not KO's of Hanayama puzzles.
-->

katsmom wrote:
I have been in contact with Oskar, about these puzzles.

Well, I don't know who could have guessed that change without being told, but I couldn't. Thank you for answering and it's good to know that was worked out.

(You've been in contact with Jose Grant about the other one, right?)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:36 pm 

For the record: Roxanne buys KO puzzles from time to time.

Why?

If you are this far into her thread it is hard to fathom that you have missed the many, many repetitions of her reasons, but here they are again:

1.) Roxanne lives in Hong Kong and has access to many items before the rest of the world
2.) Designers and producers of original works ask her to keep her eyes out for copies. When she sees one, it is very valuable to them to see it for inspection to properly fight the illegal or unethical copy.
3.) Roxanne does this as a kind service, usually at her own expense, and it is appreciated by those who are actually harmed by KOs the most, although clearly misunderstood by some.

This site has no problem with this for a few reasons:
1.) Roxanne abides by the KO policy and does not post links or manufacturer names of KO puzzles, nor does she promote them
2.) The purchasing choices, KO or not, by people (forum members or not) is none of our business

If you take the first list into account you can see that her actions, even though none of our business, are actually in line with the spirit of the KO policy: She is respecting the original designers by assisting them.

I would think that, having been chosen as a moderator, people would perhaps give her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this issue even if somehow they evaded the many explanations you can find on this issue.

If for some reason you still believe something is not kosher, PM me directly. I get tired of seeing her challenged publicly on this issue again and again as thanks for her efforts.

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 pm 

DLitwin wrote:
For the record: Roxanne buys KO puzzles from time to time.

Why?

Yes I know and she has posted why. Now, I know I've gotten in trouble for my ability to read and I'm in trouble again now for my ability to read, but I read her statements that these were not KO's where at least one and probably a second are KO's. If she had corrected it during the past two weeks then I would not have needed to post. I am glad that she contacted the rightful owners of those designs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:28 am 

ndiamond wrote:
If she had corrected it during the past two weeks then I would not have needed to post.
DLitwin wrote:
If for some reason you still believe something is not kosher, PM me directly.
Knowing little about those puzzles and what was or was not corrected or when, I can't speak to the issue without further review but that isn't relevant in a public post.

I have highlighted a word from your quote about which I disagree and restated a sentence from my quote.

If you have concerns about a member violating the KO policy, PM them directly or inform a moderator. If you do not get a prompt response, try another moderator. We both have lives and can get behind in our duties pretty easily given the forum traffic these days.

Arguing with someone about a KO issue by filling up the forum with posts has proven to be very unpopular in the past. People are really just not overly interested anymore, there has been far too much.

The moderators have the burden of dealing with this so it is better kept to PMs. I don't see any "need" to post about this, and this should be considered the final (public) word on that matter as it seems my previous post didn't quite make it clear.

This is your second claim that I am prejudiced against your literacy but once again I contend I have no objection to it. Like I mentioned last time I believe the key concepts are "tone" and "goading". Publicly arguing with a moderator on a subject that should be handled in PMs is the issue, not literacy.

Dave :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am 

Hi Rox,

I decided to ask you as you seem to be regularly in contact with Uwe. I'm a bit puzzled (excuse the pun), recently I have been seeing on Mefferts.com puzzle made by other companies, the Kite Skewb, Rex Cube, and the Octahedron Gem by LanLan, as well as the China Puzzles.

Originally I thought Mefferts manufactured their own products, but now I get the impression that they simply rebrand them. For example the Skewb Diamond by Mefferts and LanLan, I own both and from what I can see they are identical, I also hear this about the QJ tiled 4x4 and the Mefferts 4x4, and the same with the QJ Pyraminx and the Mefferts Pyraminx, finally the Fisher Cube by Mefferts and YJ are identical including stickers. Does this mean that Mefferts ask other companies to manufacture products, and when Mefferts receive them they would then rebrand with the sticker film or tiles?

I visited the QJ website, and saw on their homepage that they work with Uwe. I then saw that they are selling their own version of the Jings Pyramid and Pyraminx Crystal, does this mean that these puzzles are KO's? Or OEM products that QJ are allowed to distribute.

Please answer as I own a Mefferts Pyraminx Crystal (white) and would love a black version without buying a KO.

Thanks Robert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:46 pm 

Ah, we come upon a misinterpretation here! Meffert's produces most of their own products, however they also are selling those "China" puzzles (Axis Cubes, Rhombohedra, etc.) to help the original inventors. Meffert did this with the Fisher cube as well; originally it was a KO but then Meffert worked out a deal that I don't entirely understand where the end result is that the original inventor gets a royalty, the puzzles are branded with the Meffert's name, and the KO companies are supposedly discouraged or something like that. There's also a KO Pyraminx crystal out there, so beware. Also, Cube4You supposedly bought a bunch of Meffert's stock, waited, then sold it once Meffert's went out of stock at a higher price. Either that or they sold KOs pretending to be originals, I am not sure. Also, the reason why the Skewb Diamond looks to be identical is because they were designed that way by the KO people. I really don't have time to explain more, mabe someone else will pick up on this for me or PM you?

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 am 

I'll answer what I can. Sorry it's so late, I lost this post :lol: :lol:
Robert111 wrote:
I'm a bit puzzled (excuse the pun), recently I have been seeing on Mefferts.com puzzle made by other companies, the Kite Skewb, Rex Cube, and the Octahedron Gem by LanLan, as well as the China Puzzles.

These puzzles are made by other companies. In an attempt to get some money for the designers, Uwe has branded them "China Puzzles" Some, he has put the Meffert's logos on. He is NOT working with these companies to my knowledge-other than the royalties thing.

Robert111 wrote:
Originally I thought Mefferts manufactured their own products, but now I get the impression that they simply rebrand them. For example the Skewb Diamond by Mefferts and LanLan, I own both and from what I can see they are identical, I also hear this about the QJ tiled 4x4 and the Mefferts 4x4, and the same with the QJ Pyraminx and the Mefferts Pyraminx, finally the Fisher Cube by Mefferts and YJ are identical including stickers. Does this mean that Mefferts ask other companies to manufacture products, and when Mefferts receive them they would then rebrand with the sticker film or tiles?

Meffert's does not work with LL, they have outright copied his old designs. The Skewb Diamond that he sold earlier this year was made from his molds. LL bought (I'm guessing) some of these puzzles and copied them. I purchased a couple of these and the cores are not the same as the Meffert's core. The QJ tiled 4x4 and the Meffert's 4x4 are not the same, nor is the pyraminx the same. (you will read more on this soon enough :wink: ) The Fisher's Cube was the first to be branded by Meffert's to get Tony royalties.

Robert111 wrote:
I visited the QJ website, and saw on their homepage that they work with Uwe. I then saw that they are selling their own version of the Jings Pyramid and Pyraminx Crystal, does this mean that these puzzles are KO's? Or OEM products that QJ are allowed to distribute.

Please answer as I own a Mefferts Pyraminx Crystal (white) and would love a black version without buying a KO.

Again, you will read more of this soon enough. Tonight or tomorrow possibly. These are not OEM, nor are they Meffert's puzzles. Plain and simple, the QJ puzzles you speak of here are KO's. This company has no morals as far as I can tell. They make agreements with people, then when it suits them deny that any paperwork was signed.

Here comes the hypocrite in Rox. :lol: Don't buy QJ puzzles. If you want to see more puzzles come out, boycott this particular company. They really are costing Meffert's a lot of money, and I am becoming more and more under the impression that Uwe is very discouraged by this. Not being a doomsday theorist, I would even go so far as to say that he may go back into hiding like he did in the late 80's early 90's. I for one don't want to see this happen.

Uwe has fought the good fight back in the 80's, and he is doing so again as I type. But all the fighting in the world will do no good if we keep buying these KO puzzles. One such puzzle was Tony's Muze puzzle (I forget the proper name for it, it's just always been the Muze puzzle to me). Jing brought me a bunch of puzzles she had found and wondered about them. The same evening, I brought her a copy of this one. The size is ever so slightly different. Around 2 mm larger. The core is totally different. You can see photos of it here

The basic fact is that these KO companies are getting faster in producing puzzles. I've said before if you have a question about the authenticity of a puzzle, ask. If you don't want to do it in the public forum, send me a pm. I'll help let you know if it is real or a KO where I can. Meffert's I can. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:09 pm 

Location: USA, North America, Planet Earth, Solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Hmm, I have to say, I don't think that the Lanlan diamond is copied from the Meffert skewb diamond...the Lanlan one doesn't have any sharp edges, while the Meffert skewb diamond will catch on my fingers, if I'm not careful. Although they both turn about the same, I greatly prefer the Lanlan diamond over the Meffert skewb diamond... Also, out of interest, are the Kite skewbs rebranded Lanlan puzzles, or were they actually produced by Meffert?

NEW VIDEOS-
3x3x3 stop-motion solve
Meffert's new Pyraminx Crystal solve
QJ 4x4x4 solve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:25 pm 

Thanks very much Rox. I always trusted QJ as they make high quality products and what it said on their homepage about working with Uwe.
I just got the email anyway saying everything I needed to know, and that QJ are KOs.

Just to say, I was planning on opening a puzzle shop in the UK, and got in contact with some suppliers in China, the idea fell through but I still receive the product catalog for the new puzzles.
So I see the puzzles that are due to come out months in advance, I saw the gear cube KO maybe a month or two ago, If you want a heads up about anything fishy I'll be happy to help.

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 am 

A call to Mr. Fan told me there were no new puzzles in stock. A disappointment for sure. But I had time so I went over. A need to buy lunch on an examining day and I decided to run through the shop next door. Glad I made these two trips. I've now rounded out my collection on two sets and added a few more to the mix!

Attachment:
064.jpg
064.jpg [ 124.26 KiB | Viewed 4516 times ]

I have no idea who made those two barrel 3x3's, the next is the Rex cube, Mf8 crazy 4x4x4 III, 4 layer thing

Oskar's extreme gears in black and white for restickering project :wink: , a BLUE star (the bug stole this and gave me the yellow one back) a KO tower. Notice the label is hidden.

Hanayama Stitch and Donald. That completes the Disney set!

When Stickering is done, I'll post photos if given permission.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:33 am 

Not a week, but I was so excited by these last two puzzles, I just had to post photos.

The first is not one, but 1 and 8/9ths of a set of Rubik's tangles. The big tiled cardboard version.

Attachment:
064.jpg
064.jpg [ 114 KiB | Viewed 4420 times ]

The second I have no idea the name of, but the workings of it seem to be fairly common to most of us.
I'm interested in what the words say/mean if anyone can read it I would appreciate a translation.
Attachment:
3 nov 066.jpg
3 nov 066.jpg [ 125.61 KiB | Viewed 4420 times ]

Attachment:
3 nov 067.jpg
3 nov 067.jpg [ 135.14 KiB | Viewed 4420 times ]

And finally, here it is with some of its 'cousins' I'm guessing (and yes, there are a few versions missing. They aren't on the shelf, so I can only assume they are under the bed.)
Attachment:
3 nov 069.jpg
3 nov 069.jpg [ 98.75 KiB | Viewed 4420 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:57 am 

I found a few toys tonight when I took the bug to go buy sillybands (what is up with those things?)

I will refrain from making a very off-color joke about bigger being better and the manufacturers.....

DS made a 36 piece snake that I showed before. tonight, I found a 48 piece and a 72 piece. Looking at the little card that came with it, they also make a 64 piece which my wholesaler didn't have. Next time!

Here's all 4 DS snakes together. this is just getting insane!
Attachment:
5 nov 042.jpg
5 nov 042.jpg [ 93.98 KiB | Viewed 4336 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 pm 

katsmom wrote:
And finally, here it is with some of its 'cousins' I'm guessing (and yes, there are a few versions missing. They aren't on the shelf, so I can only assume they are under the bed.)
Attachment:
3 nov 069.jpg
Hello Rox,
I believe that this black square puzzle is from Hungary according to text. I think that the grey puzzles on left top corner is the same as I have got in my collection. Maybe it is also from Hungary. I haven't it confirmed still. It is a type of Bognar Bolygók.

Special puzzles
Pucks
Free items for sale/trade - first page

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:15 pm 

Thanks Milan. Any info is always appreciated.

Now that Quicksolver has shown his puzzle, here is the photo of that and the other odds and ends we picked up yesterday.
Attachment:
5 nov 017.jpg
5 nov 017.jpg [ 157.69 KiB | Viewed 4235 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:22 pm 

What's that one that looks like a soccerball?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:28 pm 

It's a KO of the popular playthings Orbo puzzle

I think the Orbo hit the market around 6 months ago or so. I managed to find one in a local bookstore. The KO is slightly different in the appearance, and the internal 'mechanism' is much more solid than the original. It's like a sponge. Overall, it's a dead easy puzzle to solve.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:03 am 

What is the puzzle thank looks like a pyraminx?

Thanks Robert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 am 

Robert, that was a gift from Quicksolver

Thanks for correcting me Robert. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:44 am 

Thanks, FYI the 'Gift' link is different to the page it is meant to go to

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 am 

Today I made a run over to Hanayama to deliver KO rings to them for Oskar (busy month and very little free time during office hours) I picked up a few toys while there, and when I got home I found a rather bashed up box from the UK labeled "Puzzle A and Puzzle B" :?:

Upon opening I found that Tony is just a dear sweet man! (I was so excited, I had the sliding pucks upside down he did sign it-honestly)

Attachment:
for tp.jpg
for tp.jpg [ 122.63 KiB | Viewed 4130 times ]

And for those of you that are interested, the KO rings that ndiamond was worried about are shown below. Bog Standard from the 1800's as I said. Next to it is the Jose Grant. As you can see, it IS DIFFERENT! I've placed it next to the photos in the newest Hanayama Catalogue for comparison.

Attachment:
8 nov 017.jpg
8 nov 017.jpg [ 133.95 KiB | Viewed 4131 times ]

Attachment:
8 nov 018.jpg
8 nov 018.jpg [ 135.13 KiB | Viewed 4131 times ]

And Finally, many have asked via email or pm about the Meffert's gear cubes and the extra stickers. You need 2 cubes to make both. I have attached a photo of 5 different version of the gear cube/gear cube extreme. (the last one is my set with florescent stickers-not for sale)
Attachment:
8 nov 021.jpg
8 nov 021.jpg [ 98.41 KiB | Viewed 4131 times ]

I'm waiting on two Hello Kitty crystal puzzles, and only 2 more (make that 3-1 is not on the market yet) cast puzzles and I will Finally have completed the set. I hope that China currier drives fast. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 am 

When it rains, it pours! Puzzles that is.
Today I managed to get tricked at the bakery and ended up eating coconut. Not a pretty picture. A very dopey, very drugged up Rox gave it up after an hour into the class and went home.
When I arrived there was a box waiting for me. I had gotten these from Japan and was waiting on them for a while now. Usually the company is pretty quick, but this time it took almost 2 months. But better late than never.

Attachment:
10 nov 002.jpg
10 nov 002.jpg [ 164.84 KiB | Viewed 4041 times ]

Top row: Merit cigarettes 2x2 magic-1986, RotaMaze (dool o'rinth) and yes the mazes are different on each one.
Second Row: Pepsinex givaways. 6/8 What two am I missing??? Each maze here is different too and they are keychains.
Bottom Row: Hanayama Dancing 4ever (should have been a set of 6 but the seller ripped me off-live and learn), Tokyo Disneyland slide puzzle, set of 10 dexterity puzzles (similar to set purchased in China last month)

I think I now only need the red dool o'rinth but will have to dig to make sure. All in all, it's been a very nice week.

And now on to marking..........I guess that means I'm saving some for you all now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44 am 

Oh my, I haven't posted here in a while.
Well, here is this weeks stuff, and a few from before that people have asked about.
Attachment:
22 dec 20100001.jpg
22 dec 20100001.jpg [ 115.18 KiB | Viewed 3715 times ]

Of note: dino star, Frank's Jr. Barrel (Smaz assembled this for me~I wouldn't do it while Frank was still here, and it was hard for me to do it now, but I was afraid of loosing the pieces)
China series axis barrel from Smaz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:14 am 

It's that the DaYan Gem that SmaZ gave you. What. Nice guy he is. :lol: I got one from Calvin though. Oh and BTW I got the master skewb (Tiffany, I think, delivered it to my hotel on Wednesday morning).

"Cheap cube is not great. Great cube is not cheap."

I'm with Frank

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:10 am 

I knew when Smaz called to find out how to get in touch with you he would deliver the missing bits. I'm very glad that Calvin did the same. Have fun with it. I still haven't picked mine up!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:43 pm 

A nice little box from......
Attachment:
29 dec 2010 0004.jpg
29 dec 2010 0004.jpg [ 144.21 KiB | Viewed 3533 times ]

Magnetic game, snake like puzzle, another version of a Columbus egg, and a Mickey Mouse pop-sickle!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:26 am 

The start of the new year wasn't great, but it was good.
Attachment:
30 dec 2010 0050.jpg
30 dec 2010 0050.jpg [ 117.05 KiB | Viewed 3420 times ]

Rubik's bank, crazy megaminx-saturn
Yellow tael (some things just shouldn't be puzzles!) Master skewb
A set of Jade club puzzles with chips this time, a mozhi 2x2x1 (to be destroyed later maybe)
the missing gear cube :lol:

Starting the year with 8 new toys isn't all bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:37 am 

katsmom wrote:
The start of the new year wasn't great, but it was good.

A set of Jade club puzzles with chips this time, a mozhi 2x2x1 (to be destroyed later maybe)

What is the 2x2x1 like? I saw it and thought I might get it as it's cheap, but if it's rubbish then I won't. :D

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:11 pm 

I have a black 2x2x1 and highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:17 am 

Items taken home this past week.
Attachment:
jan 2011 0002.jpg
jan 2011 0002.jpg [ 132.36 KiB | Viewed 3260 times ]

Attachment:
jan 2011 0003.jpg
jan 2011 0003.jpg [ 110.63 KiB | Viewed 3260 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm 

The yellow thing in the picture underneath the Rubik's bank, is that the 3x3 Ingot from that site we're not suppose to mention?

Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:45 pm 

Yes, tael but from a local shop. Not that online place that charges too much!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:52 pm 

they knockoffed WHAT?!
Why would they knockoff brilliant puzzles? Now I'll have to save up even more for the gear cube!

2 invites to Jade club
PM me for invite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:22 pm 

The sad news is that it is not just one KO company, but 4 :shock: Go for the original! You know the quality....
Attachment:
pjs.jpg
pjs.jpg [ 58.21 KiB | Viewed 3117 times ]

A tad bit big-but so comfy to sleep in :lol:

And that book: Toy Town highly recommended. It's an amazing history of the toy industry in Hong Kong. Mentions many 'famous' past companies that have now moved across the border. I was disappointed though to not see some other famous companies mentioned here. Over all, a very good read.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 am 

Hey Rox,

This is a great thread. I love seeing all the different puzzles you are posting! Fun! ;o)

kev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:39 pm 

wish I got this many puzzles in one day :lol:

YouTube channel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm 

Rox, is it possible to purchase a V-cubes shirt like you're wearing in the picture, or do you have to have an in with the company?

Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next