Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Twisty Puzzle Shop
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:39 pm 

Hi, I was just wondering if it was possible for you guys to expand your shop? Especially some of those cubes that you cant really find in many places...THANKS!
:solved: :scrambled: :solved:

Post subject: Re: Twisty Puzzle Shop
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm 

Which cubes are we talking about here? If you know directly where I can buy wholesale products to sell in the store, let me know. This can include auctions for quantities of 20 or more. If I end up buying items for resale in the store through a tip like this, I'll give the first person to give me the tip a TwistyPuzzles.com gift certificate equal to 5% of the selling price of the first order I place with the supplier.

I've chosen to avoid selling knock-offs or anything that smells like a knock-off, which seems to rule out pretty much everything coming out of China these days. I am open to being proven wrong.

Sandy

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:30 pm 

I prove you wrong haha! :P just joking, but still you could sell the Dino cube knowing the extraordinary demand for those types of cubes... Maybe i'm wrong though, because keeping the dino cube a rare item would be something great because rare puzzles are much more valuable/enjoyable.

:) Greg :)

My Website on Twisty Puzzles with Gears

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:55 pm 

All we have to do is wait for rox to find the mystery shipping container of dino cubes.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm 

Well I was thinking mainly some of the suff from http://www.mefferts.com (Meffert's Puzzles), but I'm not sure if you would be able to get anything from there? They do have some pretty awesome stuff like helicoter cubes, dogics, etc.
:solved: :scrambled: :solved:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:13 pm 

theVDude wrote:
All we have to do is wait for rox to find the mystery shipping container of dino cubes.

Actually it has been confirmed that it is in Taiwan!
(trust me I know, as now I am also a member of the FDSOC)

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:28 pm 

Sorry for the bump... but I figured this was the best place to ask this.
Is there any way that products such as the helicopter cube from thetwistystore.com , any or all the tribox products, the 3x3x4 from cube4you etc. could be stocked here? Even basic things like megaminxes, skewbs and pyraminxes I think would be in high demand.
If I have your permission, and could get your e-mail to act as a reference, I would be fine with handling e-mails to sites like these to request wholesale prices in large quantities, since I am online multiple hours a day and really would like to see this website flourish, and not be killed over shipping from buying things from 3 or 4 different websites.
Of course, if I were to help you out with this, I'd need some information, we could talk through pm or e-mail, whatever's your preference.

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 pm 

Thanks for the offer, elijah. I appreciate the good intentions.

Our Knock Off Policy combined with my lack of clear knowledge of what IS and what ISN'T a knock off have effectively handcuffed me when it comes to ordering from certain suppliers. I would love to have a very wide selection in the store, but I would hate to find out that some inventory I just bought are illegal knock offs! I've trashed hundreds of dollars worth of knock off 3x3x3's due to this sort of mistake, and I really don't want to have to do that again.

Any ideas or support I can get on this (from someone deeply attuned to the distinctions between legit puzzles and knock offs) would be very much appreciated. If that's you, please e-mail me.

Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 pm 

Sandy wrote:
Any ideas or support I can get on this (from someone deeply attuned to the distinctions between legit puzzles and knock offs) would be very much appreciated. If that's you, please e-mail me.

Sandy

Sandy, yes, we can also use email and PMs. The best way would be to contact 2-3 people of the forum
who have the knowledge, the experience, the resources, and also do not support KOs.
(they are not hard to find LOL)

Then you or anyone interested in anything similar, could get a good idea regarding many cases.

And even better, why not post it here, to get an even more spherical view and more opinions?
(some of which may be accompanied by facts, e.g. existence of an active patent etc).

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 pm 

Sandy,
I've sent you information ages ago. In reply to something you sent me. My email got kicked back to me, so if you have another email you use, I think I could be of a bit of help.