Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 1999 12:18 pm
Location: Palerang Shire, NSW, Australia
The museum is now down to 100 outstanding jobs to complete, which I think is getting to a milestone.

Of those 100 entries, there are no images submitted for them. Could everyone please look at the following list and see if you can supply a good quality original photo to match the entry?

Please don't submit images from off the internet or images without permission if they are not yours. Please see http://twistypuzzles.com/contribute.shtml regarding contributing.

Your help is very much needed and appreciated. Here is the list:

Item
1238190403 - 4x4 fisher cube
1237161501 - 4x4 irregular
1262962464 - 9 Various Head
1091499288 - Alexander's Star 5 color
1252262620 - Axiscube
1280652152 - Chronos
1238327875 - Corona Ball
1279854424 - Cubic 3x3x7
1229737702 - Cylinder Cube
1139260446 - De Toverdobbelsteen (book)
1129430294 - Diamond Cube, Multi-Colored
1262977678 - DIY 3x3 White
1237940116 - Duff beer can
1094740578 - ELREN's F1
1272087699 - Floppy Cube
1170531479 - Giant (88mm) Dice Stickered 3x3x3 cube
1138743796 - Gold
1121179795 - Hellraiser Cube
1248935498 - hexaminx
1266368265 - Hollow Cube
1239719679 - I magici anelli di Rubik
1112482995 - Icosaminx
1233478737 - Icosidodecaminx
1266224541 - Icositetrahedron
1138744728 - It
1129405957 - K-Ball Globe
1129406153 - K-Ball, Heart
1139261846 - Kanttekeningen bij de kubus van Rubik
1280472326 - Kevin's Lozenge Prism
1274603433 - Kevin's off-set Cube
1280472535 - Kevin's Truncated Triangular Prism
1266368464 - Kilominx
1239719276 - L'enigma di Rubik rompicapo del secolo
1133347074 - Magic Cube MK-2 (Polka Cube)
1138744256 - Magic Puzzle
1138744921 - Magic Puzzle Ball Challenge
1141880473 - Magic Rings
1237942723 - Majong Domino
1123092457 - Old Brand Square (Octagon)
1245585253 - Pentagonal Domino
1238751551 - Petaminx
1129406499 - Platypus
1129406640 - Platypus Supreme
1129407008 - Platypus Ultimate
1233479069 - Pyracosaminx
1239283214 - Qubami
1237939949 - R2D2 2x2x2
1240937320 - Rhombic Dodecahedron 4x4x4
1238131015 - Rubik's Mirror Blocks (A.K.A. Hidetoshi's Bump-Cube)
1236501731 - Rubik's Tangle 2
1139747015 - Rubiks Magic Master Prototype (Wafer thin too)
1129431231 - Ruby Calendar Cube
1129407268 - Russian Octagon
1129431422 - Russian Tetraminx
1109682102 - Silver Cube Trophy
1104323170 - Skewb into octahedron - tiled
1266368945 - Slice Kilominx
1129431730 - Small Chrome-Plated Cube
1138744553 - Snake cube
1237956738 - Space Station
1263691943 - square-domino
1272153705 - Star Cube
1110268475 - Swissca
1238041380 - SwitchBack
1129407391 - Tangle 2x2x2
1128649513 - Target Cube
1262950545 - Taz
1243773543 - Ten Billion Barrel (Professor)
1261527229 - The 8 Cubes Puzzle
1129432088 - Trick Domino Pair
1138744832 - Troi
1233478287 - Truncated Dogic
1238042450 - TurnStyle
1231218411 - Tweety bird Boxing - Keychain
1133447018 - Twisty Ball
1243718794 - Unknown
1138744422 - Unknown (Snakey Dodecahedron?)
1167838983 - Venezia Promo Cube
1275930160 - Void Dino Cube
1115120423 - VVV Puzzle
1137597027 - VVV-Puzzles Magic Rings
1129407538 - Zhaofeng Square-1

_________________
Wayne Johnson (Developer)
http://waynejohnson.net


Last edited by sausage on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Updated August 23!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:03 am
Location: Koblenz, Germany
I have images for the CurvyCopter and Icosaminx and will edit them. Give me some time.
Maybe the individual inventors could just answer here: "I give the permission to use the pictures from my website and/or original posts"

Why I am the first one to answer?
Nobody else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 1999 12:18 pm
Location: Palerang Shire, NSW, Australia
Thanks, Andreas. TomZ supplied me with one curvy copter image but more would certainly be a nice addition. I had around three people pass me various images over email so thank you to those who sent those.

Yes permission from the original designers would be great, as well as the designers entering their puzzles into the museum (after posting in New Puzzles) would be an incredible help.

Some of the entries are around 3 years old, so I can understand if they may not get picked up straight away.

_________________
Wayne Johnson (Developer)
http://waynejohnson.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:14 pm
Location: Orange County, CA
Just sent images of my mini Rhombiminx.

Also I'd be happy to assist with editing images.

_________________
-Garrett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
I'd like to help edit images, too.

I also have taken some pictures of a few puzzles on that list that I own, will edit and email them when they are done.

_________________
NEEDS MORE LUBIX

My Youtube and Shapeways


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 am
Location: In Front Of My Teraminx (saying WTF?)
What the??? I sent clear images of the 1x3x5 barrle a month ago what went wrong? I also send pictures of the void dino cube!

You said you'd take care of that later.

:? Greg :?

_________________
My Shapeways Shop!
My Designs
My Official Results
My Website on Twisty Puzzles with Gears

Grégoire Pfennig


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Chichester, England
Sorry, not really on topic, but I was looking at the Crazy Six via the museum, and it said it was a jumbling puzzle based on the geometry of a Rhombic Dodecahedron. Doesn't look like any jumbling rhombic dodecahedron to me. Sounds more like Meteor Madness.

_________________
3x3x3 single: 5.73 seconds.
3x3x3 average of five: 8.92 seconds.
3x3x3 average of twelve: 9.77 seconds.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 1999 12:18 pm
Location: Palerang Shire, NSW, Australia
Garrett wrote:
Just sent images of my mini Rhombiminx.

Also I'd be happy to assist with editing images.

Mindstormscreator wrote:
I'd like to help edit images, too.

I also have taken some pictures of a few puzzles on that list that I own, will edit and email them when they are done.


I'll never refuse to have more image editors on the roster! Thanks so much for the offer guys. There'll be some images come your way off the queue very shortly.

RubixFreakGreg wrote:
What the??? I sent clear images of the 1x3x5 barrle a month ago what went wrong? I also send pictures of the void dino cube!

You said you'd take care of that later.

:? Greg :?



Yeah sorry, my goof. A case of crossover between downloading emails to my client and missing it on webmail.



SEBUVER wrote:
Sorry, not really on topic, but I was looking at the Crazy Six via the museum, and it said it was a jumbling puzzle based on the geometry of a Rhombic Dodecahedron. Doesn't look like any jumbling rhombic dodecahedron to me. Sounds more like Meteor Madness.


If you can get a consensus on that, you can certainly edit the information in the museum. An error could have been made in the descriptions or which images were used.

_________________
Wayne Johnson (Developer)
http://waynejohnson.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: Vancouver, Washington
sausage wrote:
SEBUVER wrote:
Sorry, not really on topic, but I was looking at the Crazy Six via the museum, and it said it was a jumbling puzzle based on the geometry of a Rhombic Dodecahedron. Doesn't look like any jumbling rhombic dodecahedron to me. Sounds more like Meteor Madness.
If you can get a consensus on that, you can certainly edit the information in the museum. An error could have been made in the descriptions or which images were used.
It's definitely an error. It has the exact same text as the Crazy Comet. I can't find the forum thread for it, but here's the YouTube clip that shows that it definitely doesn't jumble and isn't based on the rhombic dodecahedron.

_________________
Real name: Landon Kryger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 1999 12:18 pm
Location: Palerang Shire, NSW, Australia
GuiltyBystander wrote:
sausage wrote:
SEBUVER wrote:
Sorry, not really on topic, but I was looking at the Crazy Six via the museum, and it said it was a jumbling puzzle based on the geometry of a Rhombic Dodecahedron. Doesn't look like any jumbling rhombic dodecahedron to me. Sounds more like Meteor Madness.
If you can get a consensus on that, you can certainly edit the information in the museum. An error could have been made in the descriptions or which images were used.
It's definitely an error. It has the exact same text as the Crazy Comet. I can't find the forum thread for it, but here's the YouTube clip that shows that it definitely doesn't jumble and isn't based on the rhombic dodecahedron.


Thanks for that. I'll clear it up with Oskar. There is a bug in the museum and it trips me up occasionally. I've lost the occasional entry as a result.

_________________
Wayne Johnson (Developer)
http://waynejohnson.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:10 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Excellent progress, everyone. The 100 are now down to 80. I really enjoyed looking over the most recent additions to the museum.

I'm inspired to add all the puzzles that are in the shop but aren't in the museum. I can probably blast through them pretty quickly. Is that okay with you, Wayne, or do you have alternative plans?

A little off-topic teaser: If things go according to plan, I'll be adding 11 new puzzles to the shop tonight!

Sandy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Sandy wrote:

A little off-topic teaser: If things go according to plan, I'll be adding 11 new puzzles to the shop tonight!

Sandy

:D :D :D

_________________
NEEDS MORE LUBIX

My Youtube and Shapeways


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seeking images for contributed museum entries
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
And will these puzzles be new to us as well? I sure hope so! that would be so awesome!

BACK on topic!!

Are you adding MORE new puzzles suggested to the museum, here in this thread? if they need pictures that is

_________________
Tony Fisher wrote:
I believe it would work best with black plastic.

My puzzles in the Museum
My Website
My Youtube Channel


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group