Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who's Who...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 am 

Hi, I'm new to the TwistyPuzzles forum, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself with a little bio. Sorry if this is considered a bump.

1) Age, location, profession, eBay ID?

I'm 13, I live in Northern California, I'm a student, and on eBay I'm Cube4Me

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?

I like both solving and collecting, however I have only recently started collecting puzzles, so I don't have much in my collection. I hope to expand, and maybe start making mods until I can make new puzzles!

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?

When I was 10, I got a Rubik's Twist. Once I figured this out, I remembered once trying out a Rubik's cube. I was in Target, and decided to get a Rubik's 4x4, to see if I could figure it out as well. I couldn't. So I decided to start smaller with the 3x3, and I was able to get the F2L on my own, but needed help with the Last Layer. After this, I soon heard about local competitions, and went to my first one, the SF Open 2009. I have since been to 5, and I have a 6th and 7th coming up in the next few weeks. I have only recently started collecting various puzzles, but hope to expand.

4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?

Does not apply to me right now.

5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?

I probably have 50 puzzles, including 11 V-CUBES (only 9 of which are in working condition), so I guess my collection is worth around 500 dollars. WOAH.

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?

My boundaries are custom puzzles that cost more than 100 dollars, as I'm afraid of damaging them or losing them.

7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why?

Probably my first competition 3x3, which I still have and keep on display in my room, so I can remember all of the excitement of my first competition.

8) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?

I don't have a very wide collection, so I would say my Golden Cube.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
a) For Solving, I like the 5x5 and 6x6.
b) For Appearance, the ILLusion.
c) For Feel, the Pyraminx.
d) For complexity, The Golden Cube

10) Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies?

I know Ruby, and I'm learning Python, and after that, I plan to learn C++. I like to play platformers with my friends, and I try to do environmental work.

11) Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?

Nope. That's about it. Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 am 

This text was written
Hi, I'm a member of the TwistyPuzzles forum since September 2009, I’m not sure if this thread is of high interest to many members. Anyway, here I go (You may recognize that English is not my mother language, but I'll try my best):

I'm close to the age of Ernö Rubik (who is just a bit younger than Uwe Meffert). I live in Germany and are a retired manager in computer development. I live in a small village in Oberbayern (Upper Bavaria).

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?

I like both solving and collecting in the following sense:
I'll buy new puzzles only if I have solved everything I own so far.
You can say that I'm collecting new challenges AND pleasant variants of the puzzles I have in my collection already.

Here is the link to my twisty puzzle homepage:
http://sites.google.com/site/twistykon/

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?

I've got my first Rubik's cube back in 1979. I have bought what I could get in the local toy shops in the early 80s.
You can say that I'm a grandpa of the puzzle freaks regarding Rubik's cube and relatives.
I have never lost the interest in twisty puzzles but I got much more motivated when I recognized in the late 90s that the Internet had been an environment where the “greatest puzzle” of all times could survive.
I ordered everything I could get, mainly from Uwe Meffert.

The year 2009 has been a great year for new puzzles and I could add a few custom made puzzles, too.
Since I have become a member of twistypuzzles.com, my wife considers me a complete addict.
Sadly, I do not know personally anybody who shares my interest in this hobby.
(Two exceptions: I have teached my son the normal cubes (3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5) and my wife could solve the 3x3x3 back in 1981. Very recently she has reanimated that knowledge with my help.)
Therefore, the forum at twistypuzzles.com is the only place to meet similar puzzle freaks.
Most recently I have become a member of the Jades club and are looking forward what will come out of it.
I trust that this is an idealistic club and not a marketing activity!

4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?

Does not apply to me right now. I would be interested to start something with CAD, but have no access to Solidworks. Buying Solidworks seems too expensive as there is no home edition.

5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?

Currently (January 2010) I have 182 twisty puzzles in my collection and I am counting 75 different "challenges".
I have memorized the solutions for all. I have found my own (sometimes clumsy) solutions for many of them, but I confess that I looked up several in the Internet.
I define "different challenge" as a puzzle that has a considerably different solution or where shape shifting adds considerable confusion.
E.g. the Morphegg has an 3x3x3 mechanism but is essentially much harder to solve than an ordinary 3x3x3.
I can calculate the costs only (including some shipment costs), meaning what I have paid for the puzzles: $ xxx

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?

I collect twisty puzzles and I have never collected anything els. I own a few wooden puzzles, but would not consider myself a collector of them.
My price boundaries are custom puzzles that cost more than 400 - 500 dollars. (But I have bidden $ 1.500 once for a puzzle I wanted really badly. My wife would say, fortunately, somebody else went further.)

Unfortunately, I’ve lost my first Rubik’s cubes in a fire back in 1983. My oldest are therefore some “original” 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 that survived the fire.
I admire very much the achievement of Mr. Verdes since I had read for twenty years that the 5x5x5 is a natural boundary that could never be crossed.

Probably, the few custom twisty puzzles I bought from forum members on Ebay.
The highest price was for a Complete MasterCube (based on the Rainbow Masterball, do not perceive it as an ordinary 4x4x4).

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.

a)Solving: That changes from time to time. The higher order cubes to not really provide a higher challenge. (I’m not speedsolving). Recently I found the Crazy 4x4x4 type II an interesting challenge.
b) For Appearance, my custom Axis Icosahedron (made by Josh B; 3x3x3 mechanism)
c) For Feel, V-Cube 7 with Cubesmith tiles
d) For complexity, I assume the Master Skewb will be interesting. But I’m on a waiting list, only.

Reading (novels and scientific books), hiking, biking, skiing, jogging, Yoga – and my biggest “hobby” is my family: one wife, three adult childs and two grandchilds.

---
EDIT: I've deleted the number with the value of my puzzles. I consider this now as private information.

EDIT2: My original text as of January 2010 was updated slightly in August 2010. The answers to the questions about favourite puzzles would be much more complex almost three years later. So, I left it in the original state.

Last edited by Konrad on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 pm 

1) 13, Phoenix, Arizona, student, nope.
2) I like solving, collecting, and hopefully soon, building.
3) I started in July 09
4) My stepdad works in printing, so i'm planning on 3d printing puzzles, playing with them for a while, and selling them.
5) 8 as of now. A 2x2, 2 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, megaminx, gigaminx, pyraminx.
6) I don't avoid anything, I love every puzzle.
7) Gigaminx. It's huge and fun.
8) Prolly the gigaminx, which I have modded and just applied cubesmith stickers for.
9) a) 3x3, b) gigaminx, c) megaminx, d) Gigaminx.
10) cooking and eating it.
11)I know something that you don't... I am not right handed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 pm 

hi all!
17, columbus, ohio, student
i like doing all of the above. though im not terrific at any of them. :D
ive been solving rubiks cube since i was a freshman in high school.(4 years ago now) for some reason i was going to the chiropractor at that time and they happened to have a rubiks cube. my mom bought me one for my birthday later that month and the rest is history!
basic 3x3 mods. hexagonal dipyramid, fisher's cube, octagonal barrel, cuboctahedron. some square 1 mods. star prism and dodecagonal prism (my favorites)
WIP: case cube, new mod that doesnt have a name.
i have around 70 in my collection. prolly not worth much money because they are all easily obtainable but each one of them has sentimental value!
i like most twisty puzzles. i tend to stay away from wooden but my mind is becoming much less narrow lately!
i like my mini pyraminx that my best friend found at a garage sale for me :D
HA!
solving: 3x3, megaminx. appearance: golden cube. feel: golden cube complexity: golden cube! (i have many puzzles coming in the mail so all this may change hehe)
i ride bmx. i play guitar. im an actor. next year ill be attending otterbein college or University of Cincinnati conservatory with a BFA in acting! (weird combo, puzzles and theatre) heheheh
p.s. ive been looking at this forum for two years so i feel like i know most of you but you wont know me. i finally got around to applying and got in! weeee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:58 pm 

1) 25, San Diego, CA, currently working in patient assistance with medical insurance

2) I've been coming here for a while and love getting the news on new puzzles and community updates. I'm mostly here to browse the latest creations and spot potential future purchases

3) After starting with the Rubik's Cube I just kept getting more and more interested in the next bigger more complicated twisty puzzle

4) I haven't built puzzles myself. I did slice and dice some stickers to make my own 3/3 super cube a few years ago though. S'about it.

5) I have one 2x2, about 4 3x3 cubes, two or three 4x4's, 3 5x5 (2 of which are V-5's), two V-6s, two V-7's, a megaminx and a gigaminx

6) So far I only have cubes and duodecahedrons. I'm here to expand these horizons :)

7) The 3x3 Rubik's Cube I have sitting in my desk at work right now. It was my first one! Restickered only once before I over-lubed it one day and the joints started to lock up more. But I still have it. It's my baby.

8) Maybe my gigaminx? Either that or the V7's. I don't have anything particular rare or extremely complex
9) Favorites for:
A)Solving - either my 4x4 or 6x6 cubes. Call me crazy, but I like parities.
B)Appearance - Gigaminx - It's a pain to twist, but it looks great on the outside!
C)Feel - my V7's... masterpeices.
D)Complexity - The Gigaminx again. Just wish it turned better
E)Other reasons: Stupid Party Tricks! And that'd be my 3x3! To this day I still love the look on people's faces when they witness a sub-40 solve for the first time.

10) I DJ house music, I do poi, I used to program TI graphing calculators, and I love drumming in guitar hero

11) I'm married to a US Navy sailor and we're stationed in San Diego for another couple of years. If anyone's in the area who wants to drop a line, please do! Always interested in meeting more cubers... there's always something to learn!

PB's: 2x2 - 0:13, 3x3 - 0:25 (Ave of 10 - 33.9), 4x4 - 1:40, 5x5 - 2:49, , 6x6 - 5:12, 7x7 - 7:52, Megaminx - 5:09, Gigaminx - 29.25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 am 

I am 45 years old and live near to cologne in Germany, I work as a consultant for data management since 20 years, my ebay ID is superdiekmann

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest collecting, building, or something else?
Years ago I started as a speed cuber (at school) but now I am interested in puzzle building. I look for new, different, complex puzzles - try to build them - sell them - start the next one.

I got lost (work and family) for years but a video on youtube (will smith solving cube) brought me back - I started looking, searching, reading...building

I first tried some 3x3x3 mods like the knob cube or a bicon, then I changed to pent prism, hex prism and the dominos.
I promised myself someday I will build a 24 cube!

No collection - only the rest of actual building processes

No collection - I try to avoid puzzles with little tiny pieces - to small for my fingers...

Rubik 3x3x3, it was my first twisty puzzle

May be a dino dodec, but it´s not finished yet

24 cube - it looks so simple and straight - but when you take a look at the core ´shiver´

Family!!!

I ´ve seen someone with the signature "get 52 new puzzle in his collection this year" - well "build 52 new puzzle in this year 2010"

I am looking forward having a great time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 am 

13, Hong Kong, student, hugomak3

Building and collecting

Started cubing three years ago.

I've built simple shape mods such as mastermorphix. Currently designing a secret puzzle in Solidworks.

~70. See http://hugotwistypuzzles.webs.com/

Mostly twisty puzzles, some other puzzles and books.

Like the UFO most. The first thing I've bought in ebay.

The domino?

The holey megaminx. Interesting mech.

Music, computer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:23 pm 

Hi! I'm new to this forum (new as in member, not knowing this forum), and I want a Dogic :mrgreen:
Anyways, I'd like to introduce myself formally to ev'ryone here, and this'll clear things up for you:

I'm 14, I live in CT, and I don't have an eBay ID.

Probably collecting. I love how many different twisty puzzles there are (but some of them cost a LOT) like Dogics :lol:

I've been cubing :solved: for about 6 years now. That might sounds a little weird to some of you out there, but when I was 8 my dad bought me a 2x2x2 and taught me how to solve it. After that I moved onto the 3x3x3 and spent 6 months ( :shock: ) learning all the algs. Only about 1 year ago was I exposed to the true potential of twisty puzzles (before this experience I only thought Rubiks made these puzzles, boy was I wrong), and I was exposed to them when I was FINALLY allowed onto YouTube and I searched Rubiks Cube. I have now been truly immersed in all that there has to be about twisty puzzles and I absolutely LOVE them! [Dogics :P ]

What have I built- NONE.
What I'm working on-
1) Half-Truncated Cube
2) Trajber's Octahedron
3) Other stuff

Wait let me count...
...21. My TwistyPuzzles online puzzle collection is much less than that, because it doesn't have the Floppy Cube, Void Cube etc. It's probably worth around $250 but I'm getting an order of cubes in soon ($150) and I'll post something on that when it arrives!

I am limited to buying puzzles from the UK and most of Europe, because my parents don't want me buying from China. (Everyone does, I tell them, with CubeForYou, mf8, Popbuying, Mefferts etc. but they won't let me until I get some proof...)
I don't really like any metal puzzles, wood puzzles etc. and I don't buy sticker variations of cubes.

My favourite would have to be my Fisher's Cube. Wherever I bring it people are like WOW and they always twist it and turn it and ask me where I got it. (I don't think I'm allowed to tell where I got it on this forum---rules are rules)

Probably my Katsuhiko Okamoto Void Cube. It is still in pristine condition, I've only played with it once. None of my other puzzles are that expensive, except for maybe my Rainbow cube ($42.00 I know, that's a LOT)

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons. A) Megaminx
B) Megaminx :D
C) Fisher Cube
D) Hexaminx (I don't understand how that's made from a megaminx! :? )
E) I like my Rubik's Icon because other people like it (i.e.: the girls in school call it "sexy")
Quote:
I don't buy sticker variations of cubes.
:wink:

I have a lot of other hobbies, such as golf, custom LEGO model designing ( I have a 3' x 6' LEGO city in my house), swimming, languages such as spanish, greek & chinese, and numismatics (for people who don't know, this is the collecting, examining and investing of rare monetary peices, especially coins)

I have a rare coin collection worth [way] over $1,000
I'm allergic to cats, but I have an adopted cat and I'm not allergic to her
I have been browsing this forum years before I joined and know about everyone here (Pantazis, Oskar, Tony and theVdude come to mind)

---

uh... yeah, that's it! Oh, and some other useful info:
I have a FantasticContraption account, it is Loopy Donut check it out!
YouTube account: Thaalanx

PM me responding to this huge message please! (And tell me if its a bump or not, bit I don't think it's humanlt possible to bump a stickied thread, but who'll ever know... :wink:

-Thaalan X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 pm 

I am 27, currently deployed in the US Navy chasing pirates, my profession is an electronics technician but I like to work on, take apart and fix anything I can LOL, eBay ID is rcracerz.

2) Is you’re main twisty puzzles interest collecting, building, or something else?
I love to collect, I am most interested in the cubes 2x2x2 thru 7x7x7 currently but have various other puzzle that I love to solve. I have been interested in building some puzzle but will have to find time to get into that soon.

3) How long have you been doing the above?
I actually solved my first 3x3x3 not but 8-9 months ago.

I haven’t built any puzzle but I do enjoy taking them apart understanding them and making them better than before. If I were going to build puzzles im sure I would start by modifying 3x3x3’s first but I haven’t got there yet.

My collection is small compared to the ones I’ve seen on this site.
2x2x2 rubiks
4x 3x3x3 various makers
Eastsheen 4x4x4
Rubiks 4x4x4
2x 5x5x5 v-cube one white, one black
2x 6x6x6 v-cube one white, one black
2x 7x7x7 v-cube one white, one black
Mastermorphinx
Pyraminx
megaminx
Gigaminx
Rubiks magic
Rubiks 360
So I guess that’s 19 puzzles and I would rather not think of how much they are together.

I don’t collect anything in particular so much as what ever comes around that I think I would like such as the cubes especially the higher order one and the megaminx collection is great!! I wouldn’t say that I avoid anything either if it catches my attention I just might try it out.

7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favorite and why?
that would have to be the 3x3x3 I first solved and still use on occasion.

Well I guess that would be the 7x7x7 v-cube but not to much value used I guess but I would never sell them anyhow.

9) What is your favorite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
my favorite is the 7x7x7 v-cube a) I just love solving it takes time and effort and thinking and planning ahead, b) it’s a 7x7x7!! It just looks plain awesome and menacing at the same time, every time someone sees it for the first time their eyes get big and than the questions start pouring out its great fun!! c) I have big hands and feel like it’s a perfect fit to me, d) its complex enough I feel, e) its just plain cool.

I yo-yo like a mad man
I do card tricks and flourishes
I play the guitar for about 4-5 hours a day
I work on my cars and my motorcycle

I’m awesome LOL no I don’t really know what else to say right now except that I say hello to all those who read this and I look forward to being a member of this forum.
:scrambled:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm 

I'm 16 years old
i live in sept-iles, québec canada...so yeah i'm french and yeah i'm not that good in english
i'm in highschool last year...college next year

I'm a collector but i prefer solving them, but what's really sad is that i live in québec and there's not that much cuber here...

i'm cubing for about 2 years, it all started when i was at a musical camp, and a day it was raining so my monitor show me how to do the cube and after that i never stoped

haha....siamese XD

i got aproximatly 40 puzzles and it worth a few hundred bucks

I really like 3x3s, and i try to find THE 3x3, i'm going to buy haiyan, ghosthand and taiyan cubes in the next 2 weeks
and i try to avoid puzzles that are "strange" like the 360

My Canadiens de montreal 3x3 cube, GO habs GO ^^
i'm a big hockey fan !

probably my orriginal square-1? i don't know

A) my type A 4 white
B) My white mastermorphinx
C) My white mf8 megaminx

Music, i'm a percussionnist for about 7 years
and my favorites instrument are the mallets percussion (xylophones, vibes, etc)

I would really like to know if there's people who's going to be in québec (the city) this summer

simese cube : 49,05 avg: 1:01,76 (i'll have the sub-1)

I'M WITH FRANK!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:09 pm 

13, new england, don't have one
i would have to say solving, but i'm interested in puzzle design
since december 09, when a friend brought a rubik's cue to class and solved it
i'm currently working on a japanese puzzle box
skewb, skewb ultimate, rubik's cube, megaminx, pyraminx, mastermorphix, mirror blocks, a few dianshengs for modding, square-1, eastsheen 4x4 100$
currently my only limit is price
no idea
i'm not to sure, maybe the eastsheen 4x4 because i have midded it to be easier turn
a) 3x3x3
b) skewb
c) eastsheen 4x4x4
d) mastermorphix
DoUd0uN3, i'm also a yoyoer. i have been two competitions, ma state and z-games (northwest regional). i scored a 4th place and 8th place.
i'm a middle schooler with half of my classes being high school classes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm 

1) Age, location, eBay ID?
13, Salt Lake City, Nope
2)Is your main twisty puzzle interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?
Mostly collecting I am hoping to start building/moding soon.
3)How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?
I started in 2007 when I found in old 25th anniversary Rubik's cube. My brother found out how to solve it and taught me. I then found this website a browsed it for a while. I got dragged away when I started getting in to legos. I spent about 10 months away from my 5 puzzle collection. I was bored one Saturday and I decided to play with them again. I visited this website again. Now my 5 puzzle collection has turned into a 25 puzzle collection
4)If you build puzzles, what have you built and what are your current projects?
Siamese 3x3, Holey Mastermorphix, I'm planning on working on a FF 3x3x5 once I get money.
5)How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare guess how much it's worth?
25 and 2 in the mail. $350
6)I'll go for a lot of different puzzles. I don't like gravitational puzzles like Cubedron and Rubik's 360.
7)Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favorite and why?
Mastermorphix, I love how it is made out of a 3x3 and I love shapeshifting puzzles
8)Which one of your puzzles would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?
V-Cube 7. Yes, I know I only have massed produced puzzles.
9)What is your favorite puzzle overall for a.)solving b)apperance c)feel d)complexity e)other reasons
a)Rubik's Magic
b)Dino Cube
c)V-Cube 7
d)Golden Cube
e)3x3xN N= odd number ,2x2xM M= even number etc.
10)Enough about puzzles. Is there any other hobbies?
Basketball, Sports in general, Video Games, Movies
11)Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?
My favorite food is Sweet and Sour Chicken.

My band: Tackle Punch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm 

Sandy wrote:
This thread is designed to contain little mini bios on any member who cares to post one. In an attempt to keep the thread clean and easily readable, please post just one message about yourself and post any replies to other people's messages either in a new topic or in a private message.

Remember that you can edit any of your own posts, so it's easy to update the entry later on if you wish.

Users who frequented the TwistyMegasite may want to refer to the following threads as potential cut-and-paste sources for some of this info:

viewtopic.php?t=214
viewtopic.php?t=472

Here are some sample questions you may consider answering (mostly stolen from Michael's thread!), but feel free to write whatever you want:

Sandy

1. I am twelve years old but almost thirteen, I refuse to tell where I am, I am a Meteorologist, and I don't use Ebay.
2. I would have to say building and solving are tied. Final decision. Not choosing sides.
3. I got pulled in and series of times. But it's seasonal. That tells all.
4. I have built a Giant crystal cube and a cubic 3x3x2. I plan to make a 2x2x3 and a barrel cube.
5. I can't count. I can't find all of them. I guess eleven, but so far that I can find I have eight. Worth
200$?
6. I would like to get quadruple mini 2x2x2's and 3x3x3's for all my cube modifications, and I avoid knockoff puzzles.
7. It's my 7x7x7. That is the best quality cube I have; not even my 3x3x3 is better. The turning is silky, it pops once every myriads of solves, the mechanism is solid, it withstanded six drops onto the concrete without a crack or even a scratch, the stickers don't peel, it's a white cube, and I can go on and on about this for a long time.
8. I don't use Ebay. Next!
9. My 7x7x7.
10. I am a meteorologist, and I love riding my unicycle.
11. I have a birthmark on my armpit (this is true). :lol: I am also autistic. I am tripolar. (Either :) , :mrgreen: , or :evil: .)

2 invites to Jade club
PM me for invite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:51 pm 

I probably should have done this like a year ago, but didn't. :P So, here it is!

14, Massachusetts, None, None.

Mainly a combination of the three. One day, I'm looking for cheap deals on older puzzles. The next day, I'm working in Rhino. Today, I'm learning BLD.

My first Rubik's Cube got picked up at a yard sale when I was like 8. I didn't learn to solve it until October of 2008, though. After that, I started collecting, and ended up joining TP in March of 2009.

The only thing I've built so far is the Rail Cube, but I have plans to make a lot of other types of puzzles in the near future. I tried to make a hex dipyramid over the summer, but didn't end up finishing.

Around 40 or 50, 10 of which are 3x3s. I'd have to say that it is worth around $400 to $500.

I usually avoid cast puzzles, they aren't as fun to me as other puzzles. Gravitational puzzles are usually fun, but my main interest is Twisty ones.

I'm not sure. Probably the RailCube, since it's the only thing I've ever built on my own.

My puzzles are by no means rare. I'd say the Gigaminx would be the most expensive one to sell, although the RailCube may go for a decent amount.

a. 7x7. I always have a good time with higher order puzzles, no matter how slow I am.
b. The Starminx.
c. 7x7 again.
d. The Little Chop. That thing's just crazy.
e. The Starminx, it's just my overall favorite puzzle.

I play the piano.

Nope. :P

PB: At home (In Competition)
2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
4x4 1:18.26 (1:24.63)
5x5 (3:00.02)
6x6 4:26.05 (6:34.68)
7x7 6:38.74 (9:48.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:
7x7 sub 6:30
4x4 sub 1:10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 am 

27/f Newcastle Australia

I guess I would be an entry level solver :lol:

A friend of mine had a cube I always had a go at and I got fed up with being utterly useless so I bought my first cube about 6 months ago and haven't regretted it for a second!

4) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?

2x2
3x3 (maybe 5 of them from a few makers)
4x4
5x5
Probably worth well under $100 including all bits and bobs to go with them, I'm not in too deep yet!!

5) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?

I like cube type puzzles but there are a lot of things on my wish list, if it's shiny and pretty you can guarantee I want it...even if I can't solve it...

6) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why?

Simple white DIY 3x3 with pastel colours. It was the first one I put together and was satisfied with the result.

7) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?

I honestly don't think anyone would bother bidding!

8) Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies?

Not particularly a hobby but I am studying full time, Tourism and HR Management, at university. I also get into airbrushing and nail art whenever I get a chance.

9) Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?

I am more of a lurker than a contributor. I consider my usefulness here very limited but I enjoy being a part of TP.com Open to all PMs so dont be shy :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:22 am 

sadly im 41 ,a cycling profficiency teacher/electrical engineer/chef/furniture desi/upholsterer(1800 onwards)/cycle mechanic/body guard.my ebay id is gibbleking
as far as puzzles are concerned i prefer the rubiks style puzzle with my fav being the v7x7 at the mo(till they bring out the bigger ones)
ive been messing about with puzzles since they were first out in west germany in 1980 and never really stopped.
so far ive made two.the first being a 3x3 hd and the second being a 4x4 hd.both are viewable on youtube.i have also modded the gigaminx using my own methods at mo cost at all and yes it does finger trick with no pops,my youtube id is gibbleking if you want to have a look.sorry about the quality of the film but the camera i use is awful.
at last count i have 58 cubes inc 8 original 3x3sunboxed,3 boxed 3x3s,1 boxed 4x4,mefferts 5x5 tiled, 3 vcube 7x7s( ablack, a white and a stickered textured illusion,plus a c4u gigaminx with cubesmith stickers.i do know that the whole lot cost more than 300 pounds so far.
i only collect the rubiks style as i seem to enjoy messing about with these the most.ive tried the 360 and the clock but i didnt enjoy them as much as .
that would have been my 3x3 ive had since 1980 but it got broken a few months ago so it would have to be my black vcube 7x7.
i have a 5x5 from the mid 80s that i cant identify.its not a rubik version but a mefferts i think...i cant find another the same apart from on mefferts site id which looks the same ish.my 4x4 hex dyp is worth the most at the mo i guess it depends on how much you want to spend.
my favourite puzzle would be a toss up between my 7x7s and the gigaminx.although i put a lot of effort on the 4x4 hd.if i had to choose the i guess the gigaminx is my fav at the mo.(remember my turns nicely)
i also like messing about on computers,gaming,films and also mountainbiking( i know norfolk is flat mostly but there is 1 or 2 slopes here and there.
i show my students at school how to solve the 3x3 while we are waiting for a lesson to start .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:34 pm 

25, Scotland, Research Student, my handle ID is Cride5 pretty much everywhere I go on t'internet ..apart from ebay :P My WCA profile ID is: 2009RIDE01.

Solving ... specifically fewest moves and computational solvers.

Not long, solving for maybe 1 and a half years.

Although I've spent many an hour sanding, tweaking and generally tinkering with my puzzles I've never actually built one!

Cubes from 2x2 to 7x7, void cube, picture cubes, pyraminx, megaminx, square-1, magic, clock and mefferts morphegg (great puzzle!). I have about 5 2x2's and I estimate around 30 3x3's of different brands/designs. The original Rubik's is definitely my favourite :)

I'm always open to new and interesting puzzles, but my main collection is 3x3's

The morphegg. Out of all the puzzles based on the 3x3 mechanism it is by far the hardest. There are many subtle parities which arise while solving the egg, and only a good understanding of how the cube works will allow it to be solved without trial and error.

Probably the 7x7.

My Type-CII with internal edge tabs rounded/sanded, slightly elongated C4U springs and type A core.

Apart from from puzzle solving I have quite a few hobbies. In order to get away from the computer, I do a lot of out-door activities on the weekends. I'm a keen biker, and often go for runs into the Scottish highlands with a motorcycle club. I'm currently riding this supermoto:
I also like to get up into the hills by hiking, and rock climbing, or sometimes snowboarding in the winter - when the snow allows.

I've lately been putting my programming skills to good use, developing a number of puzzling tools/apps including:
* VisualCube image generator:
* cTimer javascript timer (currently the only web-based timer to feature random-state scrambles, scramble images, and time breakdowns)
* Algorithm Database - now hosted on the speedsolving wiki. It is still in early stages and there is much still to do, but it currently features parsing and validation of algorithms, with automatic case grouping.
* Tutorial for the ZZ method.

Finally, if you've not read enough already, more info can be found from my homepage..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:48 am 

Hi everyone, I got my TwistyPuzzles forum account a few weeks ago, but sent my first post yesterday, so before continuing on the forum, it's now time for a small introduction :

I'm 28, I live in North of France, I'm an architect, and don't know my ebay ID right now :D

I like both solving and collecting though my collection can't be so-called compared to some of those I saw on this forum :D The fantastic new puzzles coming out every weeks always made me want to start building new puzzles, but that plan is not on rails yet....

It all started by meeting a 3x3 rubik's cube (like most of us I guess) which I tryed to solve on my own (but didn't :? ) then got into checking several methods (though I'm absolutely not concerned by speedsolving or knowing thousands of algorithms.... I could solve it one way and always been happy with that) I don't know when all this happened, probably 15 years ago. Never really stopped cubing, though it really started one year ago when I really discovered the huge world of puzzles that I could have. From that time, I buy 2-3 puzzles every 4 months approximately...

Does not apply to me right now.

They're not all together, so I don't really know. I've got some in my bedrooms, some in the living room, some at work... :lol: I guess I have around 30 twistypuzzles (and probably 30 wooden puzzles too, with which I started my collecting process). Most of my puzzles were birthday or christmas presents, so i don't always know how much they're worth

Wooden puzzles and twistypuzzles. As long as they look nice enough (in my point of view) to be displayed on a shelf at home :)

I think it should be my first cube, though it turns like hell and it takes almost 30 seconds to make 2 different turns :)

Don't know, probably the gigaminx I bought 2 weeks ago, though I'm still waiting for an extra piece for it from mf8 shop^ :lol:

a) For Solving, I like the Megaminx (and since yesterday, the Qubami, very challenging solving of a 3x3)
b) For Appearance, the Qubami also looks great (and I hope that my Gigaminx will too, but I need that extra piece before I sticker it :D )
c) For Feel, a fisher cube that turns soooooo well it's amazing. If I don't take care, I can almost make a full mix just by grabbing it :lol:
d) For complexity, the square-1 I bought last month, which I didn't solve yet

I used to play quite a lot video games, but it's almost finished now. I'm a big football fan, and also play a lot (in a club).

Not really, except that I will get a new puzzle in 7 monthes from now, which will probably be the more complex I'll ever get. Don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet though :wink:
Anyway, pleased to be a member of this great forum. Hope it was easier for you to understand my english than for me to write it, and hope to spend lots of nice moments in this place.
Thanks for reading....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm 

Hello and thanks for the account activation :)

27, Athens - Greece, electronic engineer - currently msc student, same as user ID.

My main interest is collecting puzzles, I also enjoy solving.

I've been collecting puzzles for about 1 year and a half.

I do not build puzzles, but I wish I could :)

About 200 puzzles (although I haven't counted them). No I wouldn't...

I collect all kind of puzzles, mostly twisty. But I am not that interested in wooden puzzles and jigsaws.

My babylon tower, because it is one of the first puzzles I ever bought.

I don't know, I quess my Tomy great gears puzzle.

I cannot choose, I like them all!

Unfortunately, I do not have much time left for other activities.

Hmmm... no, I don't think so.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:16 am 

1)
13, lives in Sweden outside Uppsala, (Olz also live outside uppsala :o ). No eBay
2)
building and moding
3)
I just stardet cubing, I started some months ago
4)
i have watched MM&P's tutorials for the 1x1 and1x1x2, and I built first the 1x1 and then the 1x1x2, and late I built a1x2x2 (I didn't know about any mechanism then so I came up with my own :) (I later realized it was the simplest and most common used one...)). right now i'm bulding a better 1x2x2, and a 3x3out of legos( Rouricht's tutorial)
5)
3x3s:
Rubik's cube, old rubiks's from early 80-s, mini speedcube from PUZl, and a mini key-chain cube.
2x2s:
rubik's pocket-cube, mini eastsheen, a lot of fused minis.
other:
5x5, floppy, skewb, pyraminx, megaminx.

thats a total of 15 cubes(+ some 'home-made') worth maby 100$
6)
I want to collect all cuboids from 1x1 to 5x5 :) and i only collect twisty puzzles.
7)
my mini es 2x2, couse that was the first cube I bought, and I got my fastest 2x2 speedsolve on that one(8.9)
8)
probably the 3x3 from 1981(-82?)
9)
a) my mini speed 3x3
b) the PUZL megaminx (amazing colors and stickers :D )
c) floppy
d) PUZL megaminx
10) trampoline jumping, lego, origami&paper-crafts, programming
11) I have an AWESOME idea... 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:48 pm 

Hey folks,

I'm 32 and live in the Denver Colorado Area.
I'm a network engineer by background but currently make more money in retail management, go figure.
I have been into puzzles for about 20 years and recieved my first Rubik's cube in 1989.
My collection includes Rubik's official 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x. A DiY, and some V-cubes on order :mrgreen:
I used to own the original Rubik's Magic and Master Magic, even still in the boxes, but they were lost in the move from New England. I am currently assembling the 2x2,2x4,2x6,2x8 and some variances on the 2x8. All with planned custom artwork from my Mandelbrot explorations as well as a custom Black/Silver gradient design.

What I'm here for...

Well help frankly. I am looking for advice on getting some good cubes to practice speed cubing, patterns for alternate Magic Solutions, amongst other things. I'll gladly help where I can as well as I learn new things on my own.

Happy Puzzling!

Edit: Almost forgot! I'm working on a "Companion" Cube to celebrate the release of the upcoming Portal 2. Just having a hard time getting printable stickers and a gray colored DiY cube. Suggestions? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 am 

Hai its my first day.

25, Montreal- Quebec,

My main interest is collecting and solving. I been looking to be getting into building but hasn't gotten to it yet.

I've been into puzzles for about 8months . I mostly own cubes(3x3 5x5 7x7 etc) and minxs ( megaminx, gigaminx) at the moment.

I been looking into building for a while. my first project will probably be a 3x3 mod or something easy for a beginner

about 40s but about 1/3 of em are 3x3.

I started collecting 3x3s then got into bigger cubes 4x4 to 7x7. then moved to the minx.

I love the 3x3 a lot and a ton of them but the v-cube 7 is one of my favorite cause the reaction i get from people when i solve it in puplic.

I don't own rare puzzle or thing like that yet.

I'm a die hard fan of the original 3x3.

I love to do computer graphics with photoshop such as forum signature and the like. I love pretty much everything that has to do with new technologies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm 

Im 15, Carmel IN, I go to school, pivish

My main interest is solveing the puzzles I have espesally the pyraminx, I also collect, and I very recently tried to do a puzzle mod, turning a 2x2 into a pillowed 2x2 but it fail and I know what I did wrong.

I have been solving puzzles for 10 months and the way I got started was ten months ago I was looking though my closet for something to do and I found a very bad quality rubix brand 3x3. then I messed with it for a while and searched up Robs tutorial on how to solve the rubix cube. Ten months later im much better.

There is only been 4 mods that I have done. 1st I did the MeMySelfAndPi Mod the 6x6. Second was a mod that is only done by me I sanded down the inside corners of a 2x2 to make it turn amazingly. Third I tried to make a pillowed 2x2 but that one failed, I didnt fill the inside slightly with more plastic to give enough space to sand it. Forth was the MeMySelfAndPi Mod to the 5x5.

Theres 19 puzzles in my collection and I dont know or want to know how much there worth.

The boundaries of my collection are that I only collect twisty puzzles not folding puzzles like the magic. I also dont collect picture cubes.

My favorite puzzle would have to be the pyramin(QJ), I like it because im good at it and its a cool puzzle.

My cubes that would be worth the most on eBay would be Octaherdron or my face turning Octaherdron. But as a set my modifid V-cubes would be that most.

A) Pyraminx
B) Tuttminx
C) V-cube 5x5 its the perfect size for my hands.
D) Any minx puzzle(Megaminx, Gigaminx, Tuttminx, Kilominx)
E) V-cubes, they made the puzzle industry better.

Im a video gamer that holds WR in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and I hold the all time record for the faster speed run through Super Mario World(9 min 59 sec).
I also am a high school varsity Cross Country runner and Varsity Track runner.
I also juggle and ride a unicycle.
I also read books a make reviews about them.
Hang out with friends.

Pyraminx:0:02.45/0:06.81/07.50
Really want a Master and Elite Pyraminx, a Tuttminx... Oh wait... I can has that now!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:14 pm 

I'm not sure if this is considered a bump, but I'll post anyway :wink:
1.) Age, location, profession, eBay ID? I'm 16, I live in Hollywood, Florida, and no I don't have an eBay account yet :(
2.) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else? I like to collect puzzles even though I would like to build some also :)
3.)How long have you been doing the above? I've been collecting puzzles for 2 years now. 1 year for building.
4.)If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects? I have built a face-turning rhombic dodecahedron ( I give credit to MaxXimum13 for the design and files) and a magic octahedron ( I also give credit to Garrett for the design and files) and many more. One of my current projects is making a mini FF 3x3x5 cube and unfinished projects having to be delayed until my school starts again later this year.
5.) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth? I have 24 puzzles and they would be worth about 110$
6.)How would you define the boundaries of your collection? In other words, which type of puzzles do you collect, and which do you avoid? I collect jigsaw puzzles, twisty puzzles, and assembly puzzle, I avoid the rest.
7.) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favorite and why? The Rubik's cube because it inspired me to collect puzzles in the first place :lol:
8.) Which one would currently have the most monetary value in eBay? Personally, I think the Dogic is the highest value in eBay because it is very rare to find this puzzle anywhere.
9.) What is your favorite puzzle for: a) solving, b) appearance, c)feel, d)complexity , e) other reasons A) Rubik's Cube B)FT Rhombic Dodecahedron C) Rubik's Professor Cube D) Any jumbling puzzles :P and E) ... I'm not sure :lol:
10.) Do you have any other hobbies? I like to play video games, swimming, and surfing the Internet.
11.) Is there anything else interesting about yourself you'd like to share? I love animals, especially reptiles I own a Leopard gecko, a Bearded dragon, and a Red-Footed Tortoise.

RubixFreakGreg wrote:
Actually in your hand it feels the right size :)

That's what she said :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 pm 

I'm 20 and I live in Norway. I'm a student, currently I'm studying maths. Ebay ID: nikotinamid (but I don't really use it).
My main interest is solving puzzles. Both speed-cubing and non-speed solves.
My first 3x3x3 solve was in 2007, and I've been hooked ever since. I have actually never lost interest in the field, but lately I've been getting more and more into it than I used to.
Siamese 3x3x3, 1x1x1 and a 1x1x2. I don't like puzzles building, so that's all. I tried to get into it a while ago, but I the outcome was that I'm now sure I like solving puzzles a lot more than I like building them.
I don't actually know an exact number, but I think around 40-50. I have no idea how much it's worth.
At the moment it's mostly 3x3x3's, as I've gotten more and more into speed-cubing the past couple months. I usually don't go for shape-shifting puzzles, as the Square-1 was one of my first puzzles, and I had a really rough time solving it.
A 3x3x3 that's a supercube. The images on it are the dragon from the Welsh flag. It's valuable to me because it was given to me by a very good friend.
I don't own any rare puzzles, really, but I guess maybe the Face-turning Octahedron?
Solvingwise it's the Pyraminx Crystal. By appearance it's the Master Pyraminx Crystal (I don't own one!). Feel would be my Fisher Cube, it's incredibly smooth. By complexity it's V-Cubes.
I enjoy traveling, reading, exercising and though I don't play much I also like video games. I'm also extremely fascinated by cosmology, astronomy and everything including higher order dimensions. Oh, and also I like linguistics and grammar (though I'm only good at Norwegian grammar).
I'm really happy I found this forum. I've been feeling so lonely having puzzle solving as a hobby, as it's a rather rare one. And ever since I started enjoying this as a hobby, I've felt the lack of having someone to share it with. Now I do :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 pm 

21, In gothenburg Sweden, I'm a student studying to be a civil engineer, a rarely used eBay ID is "arfwidswe"

Hmm tricky, it is a tie between solving and collecting. I feel that my collection is forever incomplete, but I do love to solve my cubes and try to solve each one at least once a week

I've been speedsolving, or trying to, since april 2010, but I've been collecting since the 09/10 new years, to this date I've never lost touch with cubing but I am human, it will happen sometime (although I do see it happening any time soon)

I'm not currently in a situation where I can build or mod puzzles, since I will be a first time builder/modder when I try I will probably fail, and I can't afford to screw up my puzzles since they are all puzzles I want to own at least one of.

About 25, I would guess about 500-600 dollars when I've converted it to Swedish currency. But this is just an invested value, if sold I don't think it will be worth as much

I collect all higher order cubics, ie. all nxnxn up to where they stop I will buy and have bought (only up to 7x7x7 waiting for the v-cubes all the way), same with the minxes (not the terraminx though, saving up ;) ) and ofc I'm on my quest to find the best 3x3x3 for me, currently on the A-V so.

my rubiks brand 4x4x4, because I only had a rubiks 3x3x3 when my girlfriend gave it to me, and it really sparked my interest and because of it I have the collection I have to day, and because of it I became interested in speedcubing.

I believe the white "Golden Cube" signed by Tony Fisher and Uwe Meffert

a) My A-V because I've been training hard with it to get faster
b) My white Golden Cube, I just love the offset lines of it
c) My V-cube 7, I lubed it and MY GOD, it is perfect
d) My Gigaminx, it is the biggest puzzle I have, the higher order minx-series just can't be beaten in this field in my opinion
e) My 4x4x4 for the same reason as listed above, I look at it today and I just smile

Well I longboard a lot, my longboard takes me everywhere and I try to take it out for a nice downhill ride every other weekend or so. Besides that I am a movie fanatic, I can not go a week without watching at least 2-3 movies, even if I've seen them before I enjoy watching them. And well, my main hobby has got to be my education. I believe that everybody on a collage level enjoys their field/their courses the most, otherwise one wouldn't be able to cope with it.

Well I know 85 decimals of PI by heart, I would post them here but I can just as easily just copy them in to the post so :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 am 

30. Originally from China, currently in Boston MA, moving to Berkeley CA in a month. Just got my PhD degree and becoming a post-doctoral researcher in a month. I would like to keep my eBay ID a secret.

Mostly solving. Not speed-solving but discovering a solution for new puzzles. For this reason I have solved more puzzles through computer simulation (mostly on Gelatin Brain's applet page) than in reality. I also have a small collection.

About one and a half years. When I was a child my parents had a Rubik's Cube. But I was unable to solve it. Later I found some tutorials online, but still didn't bother remembering the algorithms by heart. One and a half years ago, I took notice again and I found an intuitive solution that did not require remembering many algorithms. I was very happy about it, and then I completely fell into the world of twisty puzzles.

I don't build puzzles. But I'm interested in trying it someday.

About 40 - 50, around $1000 in total, maybe.

Only twisty puzzles. All of my puzzles are actually mass produced. I like custom puzzles, but don't have one because of budget.

A 3x3x3 (Type A-2). Because the turning is very good I play it a lot.

A Cube4you gigaminx at the time I bought it. It seems it becomes cheaper now.

a) Latch Cube. Because I have to keep thinking when solving it. For the same reason I hate it.
b) Pyraminx Crystal
c) Gear cube
d) Rashkey (type 3). Although this thing is 2D, it is very hard for me to solve.

I am a big fan of Michael Schumacher. That's why my online ID is usually schuma. I like general math puzzles. I feel lucky that my profession as a researcher on information theory requires me to think about serious math problems.

Usually the hobby about twisty puzzles is the interesting thing about me. I can't think of anything else interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:15 pm 

1) 36, Denver Colorado USA, A1 Audio engineer by trade, eBay ID is speakerdamage33
2) Main twisty puzzles interest is solving faster, collecting, and meeting other cubers.
3) Been cubing for 3 years now best time a 15.36. Average 26.xx
4) Built a Braille cube once, that's it.
5) Hmm... I have about 30 kinds of 3x3... And various ones up to the 11x11. Value maybe a grand?
6) I lean towards 3x3's mostly, but as my collection grows, so does my interest in other types of puzzles. (the Fisher cubes for example)
7) Sentimental favourite? The Paris cube. One day it will be legendary.
8) My 11x11 is my priciest cube.
9) Favorite puzzle is still the 3x3... Especially the GuHong.
10) I DJ on the weekends, engineer weekdays, and run a small business... Um, if those are hobbies
11) Tid-bit about me. I own the company Lubix Cube.

- Pixel -

http://www.LubixCube.com - Lube the Core!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 am 

I am 26, live in São Paulo (San Paolo), Brazil. I'm a lawyer and my ebay id is zejapones.

2) Is you’re main twisty puzzles interest collecting, building, or something else?
My first interest is solving... but the problem is: after solving your first, you wnat to solve more and more... which leads to collecting.
I have no interest in building puzzles, as I have no skills to that.

Probably 2 months. This thing got me pretty hard... I can't stop buying and solving this things!
I bought a Gear Cube, solved, than a 3x3x3 and solved, than a Fisher's cube and finally a 4x4x4. I'm just waiting for another puzzles to arrive...

I haven’t built any puzzle.

My collection is small compared to the ones I’ve seen on this site.
So far:
2 Gear Cubes
Rubik's cube
Fisher's Cube
4x4x4 Maru

And I'm waiting for:

mf8 Megaminx
Hungarian Supernova
Dayan Jewel
Pyraminx
Rainbow Cube
Meffert's Skewb
Helicopter cube
Rex Cube
2x2x2 Ghost hand
3x3x3 Haiyan's Memory
3x3x3 Dayan Guhong

No boundaries at all. I buy the ones I think it would be chalenging and fun to solve.

The gear cube. I bought one eve before a 3x3x3 and because of this puzzle that my interest just begun.

It's still in the mail, but probably the hungarian supernova.

9) What is your favorite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
a) 4x4x4
b) gear cube (I like the original one and the one with based Fisher's stickers)
c) gear cube
d)4x4x4
e) the gear cube: it's the first one and a lot of my friends liked it a lot

PC games and videogames.
I also like to read, but in reality I read only a few books a year.

Nothing in particular. People say I'm pretty funny and too honest to be a lawyer, so, that's why I'm studying a lot to become a defense attorney.
Probably, one curious thing is that I begun with this hobby of solving twisty puzzles because I smoke a lot... so... everytime I feel the need, instead of smoking I solve one of my puzzles... XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 pm 

Age: between 13 and 100; location: USA; profession: None; eBay: I'm not on it.

Mostly collecting, although I do solve them occasionally. And I would build my own if I knew how.

Since late 2008.

I've designed several puzzles (I don't know if they're unique or not), but I don't know how to build them.

As of this post, 17 puzzles: the Google Cube, Rubik's Cube, Keychain Cube, You-Cube 1a (handmade), Ice Cube, V-Cube 5, You-Cube 1b (handmade), Meffert's Master Cube, BSA Cube, Pi Cube 1x1x2, Fisher Cube, You-Cube 1c (handmade), Lazer Magic Cube, V-Cube 6, Square-1, Pyramorphix, and Mirror Cube. I don't want to estimate the price.

I typically avoid knockoff puzzles, but other than that I just like to get what looks interesting.

Probably the Mirror Cube, because I like watching the different shapes it makes and trying to solve them.

V-Cube 6?

Solving: Mirror Cube; appearance: Square-1; feel: Square-1; complexity: V-Cube 6

Drawing and reading and making a daily comic strip (it's not in the newspapers).

Not really!

Attachments:
5cubesig.jpg
5cubesig.jpg [ 18.23 KiB | Viewed 9843 times ]

YouTube channel

Last edited by RizDub on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:50 am 

1)27 yrs old , Canada , Qc
2) collecting puzzle
3)start cubbing on sept 2008
4)siamese cube lol
5)209 cubes in my collection ... see here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIoqepbkJ2E
6) I collect all puzzle ... but I love 3x3 , square 1 and megaminx
7)pyraminx crystal (tiled) because it's rare and it's a gift :)
8)elemental neon (flourensente orange and yellow)
9)a)guhong b)elemental neon c)c4y 3x3x4 d)helicopter cube
10)sports and animals
11)just ask ;)

Please check my link for my collection and comment :) :) :) !!!!!!
Thanks everybody :solved: :scrambled:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 pm 

1) Age, location, profession, Ebay ID?

I'm 34 and live in Florida near Tampa Bay area since birth; Farmer and Karate Instructor; No Ebay.

2) Main interests in twisty puzzles?

Solving without help and collecting, sometimes I will disassemble and switch springs or make own parts from nylon.

I first solved the cube 25+ years ago, somewhat accidentally. I started collecting seriously 7 years ago.

4) Build puzzles?

Just a core for a Master Pyraminx. I plan on building a part for a Rubik's 2x2x2.

5) Number of puzzles in collection? Value?

I have about 27 unique puzzles, a few duplicates bring my total to over 30. Maybe over a $1000 I hope.

6) Which types do you collect?

I'm pretty selective. I would say that challenging puzzles attract me. I do collect all the basics such as 3x3 to 7x7, Megaminx, Dogic, Square-1, Magic, Master Magic, Pyraminx, Master Pyraminx, FTO, Helicopter Cube, Gear Cube, Golden Cube, All the basic Skewbs, and a few others.

7) Sentimental favorite and why?

Maybe Golden Cube. Probably because I got a much better one functionally than my friend did. I recently borrowed his and scraped off some of the glue inside that I thought was causing it to catch. It seems to work a lot better now.

8) Monetary value?

My 12 color Dogic from Mefferts is probably pretty valuable. I disassembled it 2 years ago and changed out the springs. Before that it had exploded a few times. It doesn't show any wear on the internals.

9) Favorite puzzle? a) solving b) appearance c) feel d) complexity e) other

a) the original 3x3 is extremely fun and addictive to solve, I like to use a lot of intuition. Never borrowed algorithms or looked at other methods. I can solve fast using a Corners-First approach too.

b) The Golden Cube is pretty awesome.

c) The Magic and Master Magic feel like finger extensions to me.

d) The FTO was very hard for me. Most puzzles take me 1 day to figure out, sometimes 2. I could never get addicted to the FTO. I picked it up about 8 or 9 times in a 9 month period before I finally solved it. I could never play with it more than an hour at a time.

e) The Helicopter cube and its jumbling make it a must have puzzle.

10) Other hobbies

Bible study, Dinosaurs, Drawing, Math, Science, Writing poetry, Juggling and hacky sack, Disassembling things.

11) Other things about yourself.

I'm very humorous I'm told. Didn't have a girlfriend until 2 years ago, despite being somewhat of a rebel. I passed the Asperger Test, I was somewhere in between normal and Asperger. I love movies.
I run a small club that meets at the Karate Dojo to talk puzzles with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 pm 

32 years old, I live In Mexico City,I am a voice over actor

Mostly solving, I may branch out to collecting. Building is not for me

I've been cubing on and off for almost 4 years, I've never lost touch with cubing but depends on work

I do not build!

15 puzzles

I do not avoid any kind of puzzle, if something catches my eye and my attention I get it

My first rubik´s cube, just because it was a gift when I was very very young

Really do not know

a) 7x7x7, b)Teraminx, c)7x7x7, d) Teraminx

I love movies and music, have a huge collection of cd's and dvd's/blu-ray, Playing board games

Nothing in particular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 pm 

Last edited by bish on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm 

I should have done this before...

I'm 20, I live in Milan in Italy and I'm an universitary student.

Currently my main interest is to collect new puzzles and to learn to solve them. It already is some years that I solve puzzles, but until little time ago I never tried to speedsolve or to build anything, while this year I decided to learn new solving methods to become faster, and I think I'll also try to build some mods just for fun...

I learnt to solve a 3x3 about 4-5 years ago, but I discovered this website and all the other custom puzzles more less 3 years ago. There are some periods during which I concentrate only in solving puzzles, while there are periods during which I completely forgot about them and I dedicate to other hobbies... In any case, I always have to conciliate the puzzle hobby with the study and all the other activities, so I don't have very much time...

I haven't built anything yet, but in the next future I'd like to begin building a mod that I've always wanted, a Half-Truncated Cube, and hoping to do it I'd like to continue building other interesting mods...

My collection

I only collect twisty puzzles, because I'm not very attracted by other kind of games...
I expecially prefer the 3x3 mods, also if one of my favorite puzzle in absolute di the Golden Cube, that is a Skewb mod.
I don't know why, but I never liked Dogics, so I never tried to buy one...

Surely the 3x3, without which I wouldn't be writing here now, and I wouldn't have all my other puzzles...
In particular my favourite 3x3 was a big chinese KO (about 10 cm per side) that I never solved, because it broke before I could figure out how to assemble it; I tried to fix it, but since I was unable to do it I had to buy another cube, and then I began to collect cubes.

I think my handmade Axis Cube, that I bought from David Calzone :D, is my most valuable puzzle.

a) 3x3
b) Golden Cube, Axis Cube and Mastermorphix
c) 3x3
d) Latch Cube

I've other 2 hobbies:
-comics: I read tons of italian and japanese comics, while I don't like american ones very much...
-music: I listen practically everything, expecially rock and metal, and I play the guitar. And I also love to mosh in the concerts!

I also like playing cards (french and italian cards), and I love poker and other card ability games.

I think I don't have anything more to add...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm 

27, Maryland, USA, Math teacher

I mostly collect and solve. I'm still torn between the more interesting type of puzzles, or picking up my speed with a 3x3. I enjoy taking a brand new puzzle and figuring out how to solve it for the first time, or see how far I can get on my own.

To tell you the truth, it all started about a year ago staying with my gf's grandparents. They knew I was this crazy math guy and I always liked puzzles as a little kid but could never do a rubik's cube. I was sitting on the couch, watching tv as my gf's grandmother placed a rubik's cube on my lap and says, "I'm sure you'll figure this out" which was the beginning. Went to youtube and figured out how to do it. Great! but wait... they had all these awesome videos of people doing it in less than a minute. I had to learn more about how to speed cube. Shortly after purchasing a whole bunch of cubes from cube4you, I came across a video of a megaminx. Then my collection grew to about 40 cubes within 3-4 months. My girlfriend is still a little creeped out at how fast this got out of control.

I don't build any puzzles yet, but maybe one day I'll get into the building aspect. I don't have any ideas just yet, but maybe one day when I'm retired, I'll work on it.

Let's see:
3-4 Regular Rubik's Cubes
3 Different Megaminxs
2 Pyraminx Crystals
1 Pyraminx
1 Mastermorphinx
2 Dayan Crazy Cubes
2 Mosaic Cubes
1 Rex Cube
1 Master Skewb Cube
1 Gear Cube
1 Skewb Cube
1 Windmill Cube
2 Fisher Cubes
1 Type A
2 Dayan Guhong
4 Cube4you speedcubes
1 lanlan 2x2
1 lanlan 4x4
2 square 1's
1 super square 1
1 helicopter cube
1 latch cube
v-cubes 5, 6, 7

So just sort of estimating, about $700...

I actually try to keep with the cube shaped puzzles. More of the flat shaped puzzles like the rubik's magic, or the ones with different side values lxnxm. I do enjoy new cubes that are brand new designs (gear cube, mosaic cube, dayan gem) but my money is tied up at the moment to keep buying brand new cubes.

I love my stickerless dayan guhong and recently my mosaic cube. I really go through phases of really liking a cube, then putting it back on the shelf.

Maybe the helicopter cube or the mosaic since they're sold out but I heard the helicopter is coming back. So then it'd be the mosaic and the pyraminx crystal.

a.) Guhong
b.) Mosaic
c.) Guhong
d.) Master Skewb/Dayan Crazy 3x3

I play 3 different instruments and keep adding to the list. I've been a musician all my life and still play to this day. I'm working on several piano pieces and play guitar in a local rock band. We're still looking for a drummer! My love of math certainly shows when I teach, but I'm mostly there for the kids. Making a difference in their lives.

There is a cat on my lap, which is making it difficult for me to type. (don't worry.. it's not mine)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 am 

I'm 51; located in England; I am an Electronic Engineer.

My first interests were solving. As I am very old :D my interests turned to collecting, but recently I have been bitten by the mod bug, and I have also begun some 3D design work.

I started in 1978 with the purchase of an original Hungarian 3x3x3 cube from David Singmaster, who had sourced them from Rubik. After that, when the cube craze hit in the early 80s, I was always on the look-out for twisty puzzles, so my collection started to grow. I managed to solve a 4x4x4 using my own algorithms, which I carefully worked out and sketched on paper, but these have long since been lost :(

I have always looked out for puzzles, but I was drawn back into the "craze" when I realised how many new puzzles were available online! I first found puzle.co.uk, began clicking BUY and couldn't stop! Then I remembered TwistyPuzzles.com, which I was registered on but had never used, and then there was Oskar, Door, Tony, Garrett etc. etc.

Apart from sticker mods, I've only recently tried puzzle building. My first was a 3x3x5 which turned out very nice, and I have prototyped a 3D design to make a mini Mental Block.

I currently have 173 "twisty" puzzles in my collection, and 58 sliding or folding puzzles. A lot of these are 80s vintage, and some quite rare ("only slightly cooked" - (c) Tony F). I also have several 80s hand-held electronic games, but they are buried in the loft somewhere.

How much is it worth? £ Millions - well that is what I tell my wife :wink:

I will collect anything that is affordable for me, but I am no Clauswe. I am more attracted to twisties, but I will consider anything that looks interesting. I would love to own more custom puzzles like those available on Shapeways (wouldn't we all), but the only one I have is Mini Mixup Cube by PuzzleMaster6262.

Of course my first cube was an original 3x3x3 Rubik's so this is my favourite. I remember showing this to my friends, who were underwhelmed, and then the Rubik's craze started and everyone had one. But I was first!

I don't know how much my Hungarian 3x3x3 is worth, but going on recent auctions my Dogics seem to be worth around £200 each. I also have an original Chritoph's magic jewel in its box with the instruction leaflet.

a.) I still like a 3x3x3
b.) Dogic
c.) I don't know why, but I love the way the Gear cube moves.
d.) I have real problems with the Crazy 4x4x4 series.

I have always put together my own computers (although a lot of my IT budget now goes on puzzles). I love playing poker (Texas Hold'em), playing squash, taking part in pub quizzes, walking the dog (Cocker Spaniel called Merry) and being married to Ann.

I am the "World's Greatest Dad" or the "World's Most Evil Human Being" (according to whether my daughter needs money or I ask her to tidy her room). Maybe I have a split personality?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 am 

39, Tasmania, Australia, Maths Teacher, ...

Solving and collecting

About a year. I got a Rubik's cube when I was 11, took it to school and it got messed up. I couldn't get it back together. About a year ago I decided that since I teach maths, I really should be able to solve a Rubik's cube. So I got one, then tried to learn the algorithms. Quickly decided that solving by having to memorise a whole lot of (lengthy) algorithms was a little like me telling my students to just do some maths thing without understanding why.

Searched for easier methods and found Philip Marshall's page (2 simple algorithms only). Became so enraptured with his method (after spending hours interpreting it) that I wrote a blog trying to make it clearer. Since then, every puzzle I have I've done using that same method.

Not that many yet.

Already have:
2x2
3x3
3x3 number cube
4x4
5x5
6x6
7x7
Mf8 Teraminx

Ordered but not yet arrived:
Latch cube
Crazy 3x3 Earth
3x3x2
Octahedron
Mf8 Crazy 4x4 Cube II
Pyraminx crystal
SS1 Cube

Well I think now I'm looking to get any puzzles which are challenging. For instance I read on the forums that the Crazy 4x4 III was not really any further challenge than the II, so I won't get the III.

So far, the teraminx because it's big and it made my students audibly freak out when they saw it.

Teraminx

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for:

a) solving: 6x6

b) appearance,: teraminx

c) feel: 6x6

d) complexity: not sure yet

Not really. I play the piano...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am 

1) 26, Norway, alyndra666
2) Solving and collecting newer cubes in all shapes
3) Solved 3x3x3 at the age of 10, learned 3x3x2 and 5x5x5 in August 2010, started collecting after this.
4) I do not build puzzles :)
5) 21 cubes, 5 Cast puzzles and 7 IQ thingies. Value is prolly about $200.
6) I do not really avoid any puzzles, but when i order a puzzle or a set of puzzles, I do wish to solve them. So I always order puzzles that goes for my skill level of solving. However I do step out of line at times. I bougth 3x3x7 before 3x3x5 for instance.
7) 3x3x3 and 3x3x4. The original one due to the fact that I still solve it the way i learned at age 10. The 3x3x4 just cause i find it awesome :)
8) Probably my original Rubiks Cube from like 1970s, but its well used so I really don't know.
9) Favorite cubes; a) solving 3x3x4, b) appearance 3x3x7 c) feel diansheng 3x3x3 d) complexity 3x3x3 Blind Maze Cube.
10) Love PC/PS3/Wii/Xbox games. Specially fantasy RPGs. Also play the guitar.
11) Not really. At least not at this point that I can think of.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 am 

I am 26 years old and I live in southern Ontario. I am currently a student in the middle of a career change :?

I don't feel I do a lot of "collecting", as much as I just enjoy having them to play with. I love solving puzzles, and have made a few shape modifications.

It all started when I was six years old. My Grandfather gave me this daunting task of solving a weird looking 3x3x3 Rubik's puzzle. The reward being an ice cream cone from down the street. I was so focussed on getting that ice cream that I eventually disassembled the puzzle and built it back up. Beaming with success, I happily showed my results to my Grandpa.
Picture the astonishment on my face when he told me he had switched an edge before, and it was not solvable therefore I cheated (I still got the ice cream :P). Jump ahead 19 years later and I was going through some old boxes, where I found the cube. This time I was determined to learn how to solve it and have since been hooked. It has now been one year since I have been able to solve the cube.

I have made a few modifications of 3x3x3s, a octagonal barrel, and a bandaged cube. I am currently working on finishing a Dino cube made from a rainbow cube, a master cuboctahedron, and an axis cube.

I currently have 19 puzzles in my collection as I have only been playing with twisty puzzles for roughly one year. I wouldn't estimate much as they are not rare at all. I might put a picture up in the collection section soon.

I first started to buy puzzles that would challenge me. I started with a 3x3x3 and have since added 2,4,5,7 and a few others. I think my boundaries for a puzzle are the price. For example I can't see myself paying $70 dollars for a Gigaminx as I would probably only solve it two or three times before it just sat there.

My first beat up 3x3x3 Rubik's brand. It is sentimental because of my above story of how I began :lol:

I don't think any would have any significant monetary value to be honest. Maybe Garret's 2x3x4 cuboid but that is not for sale, nor would I ever sell someone else's work.

my favourite puzzles a) 4x4x4 b) Master Cuboctahedron c) 4x4x4 d) no real favourite. e) Garret's 2x3x4 cuboid (it is just damn cool)

Currently puzzles and modifying puzzles is about it. I do enjoy movies and my girlfriend I have to write that incase she reads this

I am currently re-attending college to become a nurse as I enjoy helping others and live a very healthy lifestyle.
Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm 

14, Pennslyvania, student, none

I like to build puzzles, but I'm not that good at it. My main interests are solving and collecting.

I got a Rubik's cube in the 4th grade and figured out my own solution when I got a nasty flu. Since then I've been hooked.

I built a hexaminx and a cuboctahedron.

Around 30 puzzles. I think it's worth 350$

I love ALL puzzles, but I try to purchase for the challenge of the puzzle, also they must look pretty

My first Rubik's cube, I have so much time in it. It's always been my friend.

I don't Even think of selling my puzzles therefore I have no idea. I have no rare puzzles :(

a) Rubik's cube b) Tuttminx c) professor pyraminx d) Gigaminx e) helicopter cube

Yes, I play lacrosse quite well in my opinion. I love the outdoors hunting,fishing, and sailing.

I like to catch and release snapping turtles. I once caught a 30 pounder.

Happy Cubing :solved: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:42 pm 

I guess now is a good time as any to de-lurk.

36 (born May 1974); Columbus, Ohio; software developer for a utility company; none.

Mostly solving (though I consider myself a beginner) and collecting.

I had a Rubik's Cube keychain in the early 80s during the original craze. I was only about nine years old, and didn't have a lot of patience, so I "solved" it by taking the stickers back off and putting them back on correctly.

I got back into it last fall, partly because I was intrigued by the variety of puzzles available. That, and I thought maybe by now I'd have the maturity and patience to learn how to solve some of them.

I'm still having some trouble with the 3x3x3, but the stickers are staying where they are. :mrgreen:

I don't build, mostly because I don't think I'd be good at it. I don't have quite that much maturity and patience. :oops:

Around 25, with about 5 more ordered and on the way. I don't have any rare or custom puzzles, so I'd say around $400US, plus or minus $100.

I'll collect anything that interests me, as long as it fits within my budgetary constraints.

None, really--they're all pretty new.

Probably my V-Cube 7x7x7.

a) Solving - probably my V-Cube 7x7x7 Illusion. It's complex enough to keep me occupied for a while, but straightforward enough for me to be able to solve.

b) Appearance - I really like my Tony Fisher/Muse truncated octahedron. Honorable mention goes to the Illusion.

c) Feel - The Gear Cube is pretty cool.

d) Complexity - The Illusion again, mostly because it's less complicated than it looks. :mrgreen:

e) Other reasons - I can't think of any right now.

Music (listening and singing; I've been told I'm pretty good at the latter), video games (mostly RPGs and puzzle games), teddy bears (especially Build-A-Bear)

I can't think of anything right now.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BillDozer on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:42 pm 

Sacramento, CA
Electrical Engineer for a Robotics company

Mostly designing/building a new type (I'll post about this later)

I've always liked the idea of these types of puzzles, but never had the attention span to learn to solve them.

I am working on a crossword twisty puzzle.

I think I have 2 around the house somewhere.

I build robots (yeah, at home too...)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:10 pm 

24, New Jersey, Accountant, N/A

I primarily enjoy solving, in both senses of the word. I enjoy working out my own solutions, and I also enjoy repeating solutions that I have already come up with or learned. I enjoy collecting puzzles too, but I cannot afford to buy every puzzle that I want to have in my collection. I have been starting to get into building as well, but this might just be to help fuel the solving and collecting sides of this hobby. I think I get the most joy out of simply having such beautiful geometric shapes to play with.

I started with a very small collection about 10 years ago, but eventually everything ended up in a box somewhere. This past year, I discovered this site and how much of an explosion of new designs had come about, and I am now into it more than ever. I can't seem to stop myself from buying new puzzles now.

I have only completed a Split Domino and a Fused Cubes. I have a partially complete Hex Prism 2 which I started before making either of those, but I have put that on the back-burner for now.

I own about 25-30 twisty puzzles, but I am not sure how much it is all worth... but random guess... about $600? I also have the benefit of sharing a joint collection with my significant other, who has another 10-15 puzzles.

I don't avoid any puzzles intentionally, though I may be more attracted to some than others. I suppose my only real restriction is cost.

This is probably my Mefferts Megaminx. I had wanted one for a long time, and I got it as a gift many years ago. It is the best maintained puzzle from my "old" collection, and it still gets played with as much as my more recently purchased puzzles.

20-Color Dogic

I have many puzzles I would probably put as tied for each category, but here's some picks.
a) Solving: Master Skewb
b) Appearance: Pyraminx Crystal
c) Feel: Gear Cube Ultimate
d) Complexity: Dogic
e) Other: Prof Pyraminx (because it deserves an honorable mention for all 4 previous categories)

My oldest hobby is origami. I specifically have an emphasis in geometric origami (both modulars and tessellations). You can see many of my original designs here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8303956@N08/
I juggle (balls or clubs), diabolo, contact juggle, and spin meteors.
I enjoy playing the board game Go (I'm about 1kyu in rank).
I am also a rhythm-gamer (at present, primarily just ITG2).

I love polyhedra, and there's nothing cooler than being able to interact with them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 pm 

I've been knocking around for a while now so i guess this is as good a time as any to let you know a little about me....

Just turned 33, Ireland, Primary Teacher (Hopefully!), kevph123

I'd love to say solving but at the moment it seems to be collecting! Hopefully in the future i'll get more into solving and maybe also some basic modding.

There were always puzzles knocking around my house, especially disentanglements etc - I had a cube growing up but could never solve more than a "crown" (one face with pieces in the correct places on the sides - what you guys call one layer) , my cousins had a babylon tower which i loved and a magic which i accidentally broke - i'm still scarred for life over that and don't own any magics at all :lol:
Years later I found those magnetic balls on youtube, bought some of them on ebay and then stumbled on just how many other types of puzzles there are and i haven't looked back since!

Varikon 3x3, Lego zauberkreuz and Lego rolling cubes (lol!) hoping to do some real mods in the summer!

200+ and i don't even want to think about it!

I have quite a broad collection but i've kind of lost interest in disentanglement and colour matching puzzles and probably won't buy any more.

Don't really have one

Probably my boxed Rubik's Rabbit

a) solving = 3x3
b) appearance = metamorphosis / varikon birds
c) feel = helicopter cube
d)complexity = void cube
e)other reasons = even though it's pretty easy i love the slim tower / 2x2x3, and i also love the way gripple moves!

Playing football (soccer), reading (mostly dystopian stuff) and i do a small bit of juggling and i'm attempting to learn to unicycle - but my balance is really bad :lol:

I've spent several years teaching English in South Korea (i wish i'd been into puzzles then) and i'm now trying to get fully qualified to do it here in Ireland! I've parachuted and bungee jumped too and i love cliff diving - so basically i love challenging gravity! (smart, aren't i? :? )

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 pm 

13, Kuala Lumpur, Student (School Prefect), Don't have

Speedsolving

Speedsolving since mid of 2007

Built-none, projects-none

50? I don't dare coz my dad will bill me back someday

I only collect puzzle that can be speedsolve with, i try to avoid crappy cubes

Don't have any

Rubik's Ivory Cube

a)My v-5 b) my 1st original rubik's 3x3 (the stickers are pealing) c) Modded pink guhong d)megaminx e)------

urm... currently practising aikido n silat. swimming, badminton, slacking, hanging out with friends

I'm anti Bustin Jieber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm 

13, Michigan, none, none

I don't have many puzzles yet, but I'd mostly be a solver/collector. I might try building in the future...

Well I got interested back in December 2009, when I got a rubik's cube as a Christmas present. I learned to solve it and lost interest. About a month ago, I went to my uncle's house and he had a 4x4x4 (with a corner missing) so I looked up how to solve it. Now I'm hoping for my V-Cube package to come. (it's expected on Monday)

I once made a tuna fish sandwich... but I don't think that counts. :lol:

When I get my V-Cubes I'll have 7 puzzles. ~$140-140

Right now they are just cubes. I'm interested in shape-shifting puzzles and ones that are based on the cube, but with a twist (skewb, helicopter)

I really can't answer this, because I just got back into cubing.

V-Cube 7

Again, I haven't been cubing long enough to have many preferences.

Hmm... I used to be interested in computer programming and learned a little Python and PHP. I am also in Boy Scouts. (not to be confused with Cub Scouts)

I'm an 8th grade advanced math class. Not that interesting though...

Oskar wrote:
Am I becoming some twisty Chuck Norris, or so?

Check out my blog

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 pm 

13,Singapore, cubing!, nil
ummm solving, collecting and..... thats it!
i got my first cube when i was 9, didnt learn to solve it. then when i was 12, i broke my freind's 5x5x5, and i got back into the.... world of cubing
i built a siamese once, but that was too easy to count right?
less than 20. Yes, more less than $200
I collect all puzzles!!! i prefer jumbling puzzles, and i dislike puzzles with more than more than 1 solution. (like pyradiamond)
v cube 7. i got it from a dare. (eat a jalapeno)
v cube 7
a)v cube 7 b)3x3x4 c)3x3x4 d)v cube 7 e)uhhh helicopter cube? cuz it jumbles.
Ummmm i eat a lot. is that counted?
I like food?

Check out my Shapeways shop!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:52 pm 

Hi,

I am new to the forum, so I thought my first post should introduce myself:

38, Frankfurt in Germany, IT consultant

Mainly collecting but also solving (as long as it doesn't take too long). Recently I also started modding. So far I made the Rainbow to Dino Cube mod and I am really happy with it.

Since my childhood I occasionally bought twistypuzzles from flea markets or collected "twisty" advertising gifts. Besides the Rubik's Cube my very first twisty puzzle was a self made Chinese Rings puzzle which was made and given to me as a present from a friend. In my youth I lost touch and was dragged back in 2007 when I discovered really good 3x3x3 speedsolving tutorials on youtube. Since then my interest in twisty puzzles was reborn and I started to extend my collection more and more by buying over the internet. Nonetheless I also have to mention Verdes and the V-Cubes they also sparked my enthusiasm.

I don't build new puzzles but I am very interested in modding or building replicas.

I have 300+ puzzles in my collection. Everything is unboxed. I don't conserve them they are for playing. I have no idea how much the collection is worth. Here is the link to my collection (some are still waiting to be photographed): http://picasaweb.google.com/huso.taso/

I like any kind of twisty puzzles. I usually avoid expensive puzzles (over $200).

The sentimental favourite is my first puzzle the Chinese Rings Puzzle. My second favourite is the 3x3x3. Solving it always impresses family and friends :-)

I guess my Hungarian Dogic.

a) 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube b) Dogic and Teraminx c) They all feel good d) Square-1 and all the Crazy Cubes and Planets

My other hobbies are Photography and Biking.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 am 

39 years old, living in Szeged (Hungary), ebay ID is csete.
2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest collecting, building, or something else?
I'm collecting.
I started about 2008.
Not yet.... :-(
I have about 250 pcs different puzzles. I dont know exactly.... 1500-2000 USD?
Mostly cubes, and I like moving hole puzzles.
3x3x3, from my Hungarian childhood
Uhh. Maybe the Great Gears.... cca. 70 USD
a) 3x3x3
b) Rubik shell
c) My daughter has a Disney princess cube....
d) everyone :-)

Vintage hungarian comics, family.
I'm boring... ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next