Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just a simple hello
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:10 am 

I would like to introduce myself to the forums. I have been actively cubing again for about 6 months. I did a lot when I was younger in the early 80's but never could solve the cube. After getting back into the puzzles, I realized I used to own some good puzzles. I remember having a pyraminx, missing link, rubiks magic, the rubiks game, and the cylinder game with the sliding tiles (I forget the name). I could do them all except the cube at the age 8. I finally decided to try it again and am now hooked. 2x2-5x5 I own and can solve easily now. I have a few square 1's coming in this week for a new challenge. I have a feeling even though they are just toys, I'm going to spend a lot of money on this, not good with a child on the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:05 am 

Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to the forum! If you have anything else you'd like to tell us about your interest in this hobby, add a post to this thread.

You can end up spending a lot of money, especially if you're too impatient to wait for the good deals, or don't have enough time to search eBay incessantly. I sure blew a lot of cash when I first dove back into this hobby. I'd like to think I'm wiser now, but the truth is, I don't even have enough time to find ways to waste my money!

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 pm 

Hi there. I still have all my original puzzles. Boxes of the things! And I'm still collecting them. They are like works of art or jewels to me. Cheaper to collect than Faberge eggs, at least!