Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:06 pm 

I applied my first set of Gigaminx stickers yesterday too (I ordered 5 sets, 1 for a standard re-sticker and the rest for sticker mods). I like that they included tan and light green in the place of copper and silver as I always substituted them that way for my Megaminx stickers (including sticker mods). I missed that they were also substituting light purple for the standard purple that is included in the Megaminx set so I had to do an additional order for 5 purple sets (I also and to order an additional light blue sheet because one of mine was actually missing a sticker, something I've never had happen with Cubesmith sticker sets before). I intend to match all of my Megaminx sticker mods so I want to use matching colors.

Something I'm not really happy with is that the outer and inner corner stickers are noticeably smaller than the stickers for the outer edge pieces. The corner ones actually seem to be more correct to me as they show a nice amount of the plastic around them. The outer edge pieces are so large that placing them can be somewhat tight, you don't see much of the puzzle around them. The same can be said about the very center piece as well as the inner row center pieces. You can see this in the pictures that MeMyselfAndPi posted.

The color scheme that I use is as follows:

Around the white side, going clockwise is green, aqua, tan, light blue, and purple.

Opposite of white is yellow.

Around the yellow side, going clockwise is light green, pink, blue, red, and orange.

Light green is opposite of green, pink of opposite of purple, blue is opposite of light blue, red is opposite of tan, and orange is opposite of aqua.

This is a color scheme that closely matches what Meffert's has used with their 12 color Impossiball, tiled Megaminx, and Pyraminx Crystal (they use brown instead of tan but Cubesmith currently doesn't have brown stickers).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:34 pm 

I was about to make a big order to Cubesmith (over $30). But I noticed the 5x5 tiles were under charged 50 cents. Here's a screen shot:

I'll wait for you guys to fix it before ordering :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:35 pm 

^^^^^^ I love how us cubers are awesome enough to point stuff like that out. DFTBA! (Don't Forget To Be Awesome)

4x4x4 PB: 2:04.95
5x5x5 PB 4:25.80
My other ones are to slow for me to care about right now...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:35 am 

Ugh, can't wait any longer. I'll just send a separate 50 cent payment :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am 

:D That's why everyone like you, MM&P

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:21 am 

cubesmith should offer application tape with their stickers (stickering my gigaminx was hell because the c4y stickers did not come with application tape)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:58 am 

Well it's very easy to mess up with application tape. I myself have straighter stickers after applying them 1 by 1 then I did with the Cube4You tape. Crystal (cubegrrrl) said, some where in the really long thread, that Chris doesn't want to the quality of the stickers to be compromised because of the tape.

Edit:
Okay, they fixed it. They saw my extra 50 cent payment & took care of it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 pm 

Hey Crystal, I just noticed this about the new Cube4You stickers that just came out:
http://www.cube4you.com/product-638.html wrote:
It's Vinyl , made by Cubesmith.
So did you guys start on making these stickers ahead of time?! If so, when will they be available on your site?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
I was about to make a big order to Cubesmith (over $30). But I noticed the 5x5 tiles were under charged 50 cents.

Jamo wrote:
^^^^^^ I love how us cubers are awesome enough to point stuff like that out. DFTBA! (Don't Forget To Be Awesome)

Me too :) Thanks for pointing that out, MeMyselfAndPi. It has now been fixed.

Kevster11 wrote:
cubesmith should offer application tape with their stickers (stickering my gigaminx was hell because the c4y stickers did not come with application tape)

There are several reasons we don't offer application tape (toptape)...The main one being that when we peel the extra vinyl off after the stickers are cut, the stickers sometimes shift from their places. If we offered toptape, we'd have to be a lot more careful about this, which is nearly impossible for the quantity of stickers we cut every day, so the stickers will line up correctly when applied. From the beginning, Chris has said that he prefers the way the stickers look when applied individually, so we have no plans to offer toptape.

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Hey Crystal, I just noticed this about the new Cube4You stickers that just came out:
http://www.cube4you.com/product-638.html wrote:
It's Vinyl , made by Cubesmith.
So did you guys start on making these stickers ahead of time?! If so, when will they be available on your site?

Generally, anything you see on another site made by Cubesmith is a custom order we made for them and will offer on our site once the original order has been completely filled (i.e., we won't sell Teraminx stickers until we have shipped all of the Teraminx stickers ordered to Cube4You). Check the site for updates on new sets...Teraminx and 3x3x5 will be available soon :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm 

You have a lot of different kinds of stickers to produce: Pyraminx Crystal, 3x3x5, Teraminx, FlowerMinx. Do you think Cube4You are going to ask you shortly to make Petaminx stickers?

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:14 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Check the site for updates on new sets...Teraminx and 3x3x5 will be available soon :)
Oh goody! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:03 pm 

Small update, with a few new items. More to come soon :)

Sudoku sets are now available on red, yellow, and fluorescent yellow vinyl, in addition to the white and bright orange we already offered.
Cubesmith logos are now available on fluorescent orange vinyl; 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 fluorescent orange logos will be available soon.
We will be offering a white logo printed on black vinyl soon. Check back for updates.
Once the white on black logo is available, we will also start offering 3x3x5 vinyl sticker sets.

SEBUVER wrote:
You have a lot of different kinds of stickers to produce: Pyraminx Crystal, 3x3x5, Teraminx, FlowerMinx. Do you think Cube4You are going to ask you shortly to make Petaminx stickers?

We don't know yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Once the white on black logo is available, we will also start offering 3x3x5 vinyl sticker sets.

What about teraminx stickers? You've mentioned they will be available soon a few posts back but not in your last post. Does that mean it will take a while?

I'd also like to know if you plan on eventually selling Flowerminx, Skewb Diamond and Crazy 2x3x3 stickers. These are particularly impossible to cut by hand.

Also, I think you could get octahedron stickers out without having to do a lot of designing - just resize Pyraminx template appropriately and you can offer stickers for both face-turning and corner turning octahedron.

I apologize for having so many questions :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:52 pm 

Alex wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:

What about teraminx stickers? You've mentioned they will be available soon a few posts back but not in your last post. Does that mean it will take a while?

I'd also like to know if you plan on eventually selling Flowerminx, Skewb Diamond and Crazy 2x3x3 stickers. These are particularly impossible to cut by hand.

Also, I think you could get octahedron stickers out without having to do a lot of designing - just resize Pyraminx template appropriately and you can offer stickers for both face-turning and corner turning octahedron.

I apologize for having so many questions :D

The Teraminx will be available soon...Maybe another month or so? I don't know. We don't quite have the sets ready, and we still need to print logos. I'll post an ETA when I have one.
I don't know that we have plans for Flowerminx, Skewb Diamond, or Crazy 2x3x3 sets, but Chris has been ordering a lot of new puzzles lately, so I can't say for sure what's coming next. I do know that a domino sticker set for a 2x3x3 is in the works.
As for the octahedron stickers, it sounds easy, but designing the artwork is not my department, so that'll have to wait for Chris (I do know octahedron stickers are on our to-do list).
What I do know for sure is that we will have logos available soon that are white ink on black vinyl, 3x3x5 sets will be out soon, and Teraminx within about a month or so. We are still working on printing new tile colors, trying to fit them into our printing schedule around the colors we already offer and need to restock. We are expanding our storage area for our stock, so I hope to be able to offer new pre-bagged sets of more commonly purchased color combinations. We are still looking into a supercube set, not sure where Chris is at with that process right now, though. We are looking into offering a smaller 3x3x3 set, but are not yet sure if we should offer it alongside the size we offer now, or if we should replace our size with the slightly smaller size many puzzles seem to have these days, offering one size to fit all 3x3x3 puzzles (as we've done with the 4x4x4s and 5x5x5s). Any thoughts?
I think that's about it....Though I do have one quick question for you guys: A lot of people seem to be ordering singles of white, light blue, gold, and fluorescent yellow, so we were considering offering it as a set, but we can't figure out what the combination is for, so we don't know what to call the set. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
As for the octahedron stickers, it sounds easy, but designing the artwork is not my department, so that'll have to wait for Chris (I do know octahedron stickers are on our to-do list).

I have a variety of twisty puzzles, but only one that came with really bad stickers. The FTO. Weird thing is that it was one of the most expensive puzzles I have. So although I hate making it even more expensive by replacing the stickers, I sure would like to have nice stickers for the FTO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:32 am 

Quote:
We are looking into offering a smaller 3x3x3 set, but are not yet sure if we should offer it alongside the size we offer now, or if we should replace our size with the slightly smaller size many puzzles seem to have these days, offering one size to fit all 3x3x3 puzzles (as we've done with the 4x4x4s and 5x5x5s). Any thoughts?
Hmm, hard to say. Since I rarely see a Rubik's 3x3 with the smaller stickers, I really can't compare the too. I really do like the size you have offer now, but that's just because I'm used to it. But if I was used to the smaller stickers, I'd probably like them better.

So I don't think it's an important matter. Maybe you should keep your focus on getting stickers & tiles out for new puzzles. If things start slowing down, you could look back into this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
...So I don't think it's an important matter. Maybe you should keep your focus on getting stickers & tiles out for new puzzles. If things start slowing down, you could look back into this.

I agree...Unfortunately, these decisions are not mine to make, which is why I wanted to ask here to have some feedback from our customers. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 pm 

I think that the current 3x3x3 stickers are perfect. I've purchased dozens of sets (maybe even over 100 sets including lots of extra colors) and have been very happy with them. If you were to get rid of the current ones in favor of a smaller version I would be disappointed.

Also, I don't really see the need to offer 2x3x3 or 2x2x3 sets as the current 3x3x3 sets work fine. Sure you end up with a few extra stickers but you also have the freedom to chose which colors you want on each face.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:48 pm 

The 57mm cube has been around so long, I think the stickers should stay the same size as they have been.

Also, I need FTO stickers now. Please :)

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm 

I agree with Pi. Get new stickers out! If people have a smaller 3x3x3 for example, then go for either the 4x4x4 or 5x5x5 sets. Thats what I do. Also, could you find out measurements from Cube4You about their Petaminx? It would be nice if you could start work on the stickers now so that they'd be ready at the same time as the Petaminx itself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 pm 

Cubesmith logos are now available on black vinyl for 3x3x3, 4x4x4, and 5x5x5 puzzles. They are only available as singles right now, but we are working on updating the site to include black logos in sets.
We've also added 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 chrome logos, available while supplies last.

I know that the face-turning octahedron is on our to-do list, and I believe Chris has already received the puzzle, so I'll ask him to get on that soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:45 am 

Our pre-packed 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5, 6x6x6, and 7x7x7 set combinations have changed.Our light sets now include yellow in place of light grey. What used to be called a bright set is now called a half-bright set, and a full bright set now includes bright blue and fluorescent pink in place of blue and red. White cube sets now come with black vinyl logos.
The new changes will apply to orders placed on or after 3/12/2010.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:23 am 

I have two issues with the new bright sets:

1) Why not use bright orange? It appears to be brighter through the images. I don't know if it will make that much of a difference, but from what it looks like it could make a small difference.

2) Not many people will like to use pink. People would rather have brighter shades of the colour, not a new colour itself. And on the nright sets with white stickers, as Chris Bird has said, if you see a darker colour on the cube, you know it's red. Maybe you could try and find a brighter shade of red.

Also, for my Megaminx, do you know if you could ever get your hands on Khaki coloured vinyl? I would really like some Khaki megaminx stickers, as Tan isn't the exact colour I would like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:17 am 

I recently got a type F cube (Sheng En) and I now see the need for slightly smaller stickers (maybe 1.75mm smaller). The more rounded cubies gives less flat surface area, even for the same 57mm cube.

However I don't like the idea of a universal size since I think that would seriously detract from the appearance of a standard "flat" cube.

Your product line must expand!

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
I have two issues with the new bright sets:

1) Why not use bright orange? It appears to be brighter through the images. I don't know if it will make that much of a difference, but from what it looks like it could make a small difference.

2) Not many people will like to use pink. People would rather have brighter shades of the colour, not a new colour itself. And on the nright sets with white stickers, as Chris Bird has said, if you see a darker colour on the cube, you know it's red. Maybe you could try and find a brighter shade of red.

Also, for my Megaminx, do you know if you could ever get your hands on Khaki coloured vinyl? I would really like some Khaki megaminx stickers, as Tan isn't the exact colour I would like.

The reason we did not include bright orange in the new full bright set is that our sets are based on what sells the best, since we are able to prepack the more common combinations to make order filling a little faster. Our original bright set (now half-bright) was often purchased along with a fluorescent pink and bright blue single, which is why we added that as a set. We don't sell as many bright orange singles, though, and while the color combination may look better to some, we've gotta stick to what sells best. If it turns out we start selling full bright sets with bright orange singles often, then we may decide to switch the fluorescent orange out of the sets. With over 30 different colors of vinyl, it's impossible to offer every combination as a set, which is why we offer singles, with the sets offered as a convenience, both to you guys and us since they are the most commonly ordered combinations.
As for the brighter shade of red, I will mention it to Chris, but I think our standard red is the only straight red color our supplier offers. Same goes for khaki, the only light brown color I've seen order book is tan, but I will double check. While vinyl comes in just about every color in the rainbow, the quality of vinyl we offer is only offered in certain shades. If the demand is high for a certain color, we will consider adding it, even in the vinyl is not the same quality as our standard vinyls, as has happened with the chrome, mosaic, and shade shifting material.

pelley wrote:
Your product line must expand!

Chris

I know, right?!? :) We're working on it, I promise!!! We are constantly working on new items in between restocking what we already offer.

pelley wrote:
I recently got a type F cube (Sheng En) and I now see the need for slightly smaller stickers (maybe 1.75mm smaller). The more rounded cubies gives less flat surface area, even for the same 57mm cube.

However I don't like the idea of a universal size since I think that would seriously detract from the appearance of a standard "flat" cube.

Chris

We will be adding a smaller 3x3x3 vinyl sticker sets/singles section in the next week or two. I don't know the exact size of the sticker offhand (I can check when I'm back at the shop), but I think it is made to fit the type F cube. We will not be switching to a universal 3x3x3 size.
There will also be a 3x3x5 set (and singles) available soon, which will be the same dimensions as the smaller 3x3x3 stickers. Another couple or few weeks and we will have the Teraminx available, with Petaminx to follow soon after (don't hold me to that timeline though, these ones are a pain to cut and peel out).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am 

there should be a teraminx sticker, because cube for you doesn't ship here (seriously)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm 

fire cubes wrote:
there should be a teraminx sticker, because cube for you doesn't ship here (seriously)
cubegrrrl wrote:
Another couple or few weeks and we will have the Teraminx available, with Petaminx to follow soon after (don't hold me to that timeline though, these ones are a pain to cut and peel out).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:14 am 

Teraminx stickers!

lol, kind of a small picture :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 am 

It's so annoying! I want to buy the Teraminx stickers, along with a TON of other things, but I fill the cart up to much that it says 'We have detected a problem with this shopping cart. If the problem persists, please contact the merchant.'

Will I have to do like a few seperate orders? (This order is a LOT more than $15, so could order a few multiple times.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
It's so annoying! I want to buy the Teraminx stickers, along with a TON of other things, but I fill the cart up to much that it says 'We have detected a problem with this shopping cart. If the problem persists, please contact the merchant.'

Will I have to do like a few seperate orders? (This order is a LOT more than $15, so could order a few multiple times.)

I think this is most likely a Paypal cart issue...The best advice I can give you is to try again later :( It should not be caused by the size of your order, as we get large orders all the time.
If you still can not get it to work, you can either place multiple orders, as you suggested, and email us your transaction ID numbers for combined shipping, or we can send you an invoice through Paypal. Hope this helps :)

I've been working on getting new stuff on the site...
Teraminx, 3x3x3 small size, and 3x3x5 sets and singles are all up now.
I will be getting Alexander's Star sets up in the next day or two.
I have a cut file for Petaminx, but we are not sure of the demand for this set, nor can we find the puzzle for sale anywhere...Is there any interest in this sticker set?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:15 pm 

Oh goody! I plan to get a teraminx & possible a 3x3x5 & I certainly buy the stickers for them!

As far as I know, no petaminxs have been released yet. Although I'm pretty sure Cube4You is working on one. But without it being released yet, how to do you know sticker shapes? Were you able to work it out from the teraminx stickers? & possibly just be able to resize it to the correct size when the puzzle finally does come out?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Alright, my stickers came today, & boy do I like them! It took about 2-3 hours to put all 372 stickers on. Here's some pictures:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Just look how colorful it is scrambled! I love it!

& here's a look at their logos:

& here's a bit of a warning. When applying, be sure you don't have the greens & blues (not including the dark-blue) touching each other. I think it'll be okay if you have just 1 green, & 1 blue touching. But don't have the other green & other blue touching too. You can easily distinguish the colors like this:

ImageImage

But in certain lighting (that you'll inevitable come across) it can make it very hard during edge paring:

ImageImage

Each of the stickers on the two blue-green edges are different colors. Notice that they look much more similar then in the previous pictures.

Here's a GIF video of how I ended up stickering mine. It gives you an idea of how NOT to sticker it.

So if you just keep the greens & blues away from each other, you should be fine.

is it easier to recognize the little bitty center edge peice with those stickers? thats always a problem with my gigminx( cube4you stickers)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:06 am 

I've worked out the problem with the cart! It's whenever I add a Pyraminx bright blue or flourescent green. Everything else has worked fine though. Is it possible for this to be sorted?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:59 am 

You know what cube4you should do? You know under the vinyl stickers for the gigaminx, there is a sheet to hold them, when they are shipped, they are not just randomly put in the package :lol: . Well they should put another paper that is not so sticky on top of those sitckers so that when you separated the two sheets, then the stickers stay on the top sheet and what is shown of them is their sticky part. Then you would just have to apply the stickers on the face by putting the sheet over that face... That would be so much easier :p

:D Greg :D

My Website on Twisty Puzzles with Gears

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:56 pm 

Hey guys...
Due to popular demand, we have now added White Cube tile sets for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, and 5x5x5, and standard tile sets for 6x6x6 and 7x7x7. We've been wanting to do this for a while, but it just wasn't convenient since our tile sets are all prepackaged. We recently got some resealable bags, though, so that should make things easier :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:59 pm 

Do the teraminx stickers fit Cube4you brand, mf8, or both?

-Mark- :)

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Squiggle is such a funny word to say out loud. Squiggle! :lol:

I am with Frank's Family

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 am 

Door wrote:

The MF8 and C4Y Teraminx puzzles are different sizes. The MF8 stickers have much more curve to them too. Any sticker set that fit both would end up fitting one of the puzzles very poorly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 am 

bmenrigh wrote:
The MF8 and C4Y Teraminx puzzles are different sizes. The MF8 stickers have much more curve to them too. Any sticker set that fit both would end up fitting one of the puzzles very poorly.
I had heard the C4Y stickers work quite well on the MF8, even better than their stickers (which are terrible).

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:05 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
...we have now added White Cube tile sets for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, and 5x5x5, and standard tile sets for 6x6x6 and 7x7x7...
Yay! That'll be so nice in the future! There's been several instances where I've had to buy all 6 colors individually, or get the regular set plus the extra white/black tiles.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:17 am 

I would love to see some cubesmith mefferts megaminx tiles. I love the texture of the cubesmith tiles on all my puzzles. I guess I may just try cutting my own, problem is I don't have enough colors. Oh well, maybe a six color megaminx is the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:24 am 

Door wrote:

We have not tested our stickers on an MF8 teraminx, but it is our understanding that the MF8 is a bit larger on each face, so the stickers we offer should fit, but be a bit small (they'll have a bit more of the puzzle showing around the edges). The idea is that these will be a universal size to fit all teraminx puzzles, much like our 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 stickers. Maybe someone who has an MF8 can email me and I can send a set of stickers in exchange for pics and a review of how they look on an MF8 Teraminx?

8sanders wrote:
I would love to see some cubesmith mefferts megaminx tiles. I love the texture of the cubesmith tiles on all my puzzles. I guess I may just try cutting my own, problem is I don't have enough colors. Oh well, maybe a six color megaminx is the way to go.

We do have plans for a megaminx tile set, as soon as we have 12 colors to offer. As I've said before, we are working on new colors...It's hard to fit in new items around the things we already offer and need to maintain stock of, but we actually hope to be printing the light green and pink next week, so that's two colors closer :wink: I'll post an update when I have one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:13 pm 

Will light blue be offered eventually? (tiles)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 pm 

Light blue tiles are avaliable now. Or do you mean in a set?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 pm 

Woops, I didn't see that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Door wrote:

We have not tested our stickers on an MF8 teraminx, but it is our understanding that the MF8 is a bit larger on each face, so the stickers we offer should fit, but be a bit small (they'll have a bit more of the puzzle showing around the edges). The idea is that these will be a universal size to fit all teraminx puzzles, much like our 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 stickers. Maybe someone who has an MF8 can email me and I can send a set of stickers in exchange for pics and a review of how they look on an MF8 Teraminx?

In my opinion the C4U stickers (and they come from Cubesmith, right?) look great on a MF8 Teraminx:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:58 pm 

I have just fallen in love with that Teraminx. Gonna go buy myself an mf8 Teraminx now! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm 

Alexander's star stickers are now available.
http://cubesmith.com/Alexander%27sStar.htm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Alexander's star stickers are now available.
http://cubesmith.com/Alexander%27sStar.htm

:D

When I get an Alexander's Star, I'll be able to replace the worn stickers.

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 am 

konsassen wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
Door wrote:

In my opinion the C4U stickers (and they come from Cubesmith, right?) look great on a MF8 Teraminx:

I urge people not to be suckered in by the Cube4You Teraminx. Get an Mf8 teraminx if you're going to get one. The C4U gigaminx is junk and I have heard through the grapevine that the teraminx is not much better. Mf8 teraminx is much more solid and weighs about twice as much, which ain't a bad thing at all. Only problems I've had out of my mf8 is occasionally, one of those funky asymmetric pieces will twist sideways like a rhombus, then pop loose. Popping it back in is a piece of cake. It happens occasionally to the V-Cube 7 as well. Turning quality is almost as good as a V-Cube 7, but I have not made any effort to lube it yet, and frankly, I'm afraid the silicone oil might melt the nail varnish. I just said the heck with trying to sticker mine with the provided mf8 stickers (I half finished the first face and I'm like, "700 more stickers to go? Screw this!" :evil: ), so I went to the store and bought 12 colors of nail varnish to give it a nice rainbow color scheme. A little more expensive than stickers, but it forms an extremely durable finish, plus I have lots left over in the tiny bottles for other projects. :mrgreen:

:scrambled: I scrambled it up, lol! :scrambled: After working on it on and off in approx ~2-3 hr shifts, maybe 3 or 4 times a week (I haven't been timing myself - I never do), I have managed to finish all the centers. Halfway there... :solved: So given the long span of time required to solve it, I don't think I will be desiring a petaminx any time soon, if ever. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:32 am 

have you got any closeup pictures of your nail varnish teraminx? sounds quite interesting :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next