Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: my poor speedcube...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:43 pm 

lemme tell the story..
my first speedcube..first one i could solve repeatedly..put it down after a few months and got a new cube. When i used that cube so much it was too loose, i went back to my first one. Worked on it a lot and it became perfect. Barely ever popped, yet perfectly loose.
I had used it since. Then one day a few weeks ago..on the bus, a "friend" of mine asks to use it and so i let him, he sets the cube down next to him as we get caught in conversation. As i leave the bus i think i have my cube and forget that i didnt get it back from my friend. I come back to school the next monday and my friend said he let this chick i know on the bus use it. She had bribed him by saying she would flash him(which she never did). So i go to her and she says she dropped it, it broke to peices(probably just individual peices) and so she left it in the mall like that.. I dunno what to do. cant get a new cube at the moment, and even if i do it wont be as good as the previous one. I have a screw tension one, but im having trouble getting it worked right. She says shes going to get me a new one. ah well what do yas think??

pb 22.19
pb avg
27.61 = 26.74, 26.69, 26.98, 23.16, 26.14, 24.63, 23.71, (22.19), 30.41, (35.42), 34.97, 32.69

Post subject: Re: my poor speedcube...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:31 am 

Thanks for sharing this. It is a sad story, though, and I don't know what to suggest, unless you can persuade the lady to order you a Rubik's Studio cube from Ton.
Quote:
She had bribed him by saying she would flash him(which she never did).

Now this suggests some interesting questions for the General Paper: (1) when did speedcubes become the accepted currency for this kind of transaction? (2) why was the verbal contract not honoured in this case? And (3) should I (an elderly lecher) consider taking my Megaminx onto public transport?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:18 pm 

LOL

nah, she didnt even do it, i guess it could work..i dont see it happening though..lol

pb 22.19
pb avg
27.61 = 26.74, 26.69, 26.98, 23.16, 26.14, 24.63, 23.71, (22.19), 30.41, (35.42), 34.97, 32.69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:34 pm 

damb mohawk that is a really...strange story , especially the fact that your friend believed the chick. I'dm insist on the flashing first before i let her see the cube ,and then i would makesure nothing happens to it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:24 pm 

How old was she? I'd be weary of given a minor something of value in exchange for her flashing. I'm no expert on Texas law, but it seems like something worth steering clear of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:45 am 

haha yeah, i dunno 15? going on 16
were all 14 going on 15(in fact at 10:15 am today i will be!! w00t)
but yeah, its common highschool age hormones..

pb 22.19
pb avg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:12 pm 

Congrads on the 15ness clayne your oldet than me by like 5 days .You should tell the cops that she was offering sex for a quarter on the bus, give them a description , and then shell be put in juvie for prostution.

In teras you can beat your wife wuth a stick as long as its not wider around than your thumb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:13 am 

cubed punk wrote:
In teras you can beat your wife wuth a stick as long as its not wider around than your thumb

This thread is certainly degenerating quickly. Any chance we can limit the conversation to legal and socially acceptable hehaviours?!

That said, I just can't help but comment on the above. Allow me step out of the politically correct world for a moment to analize this famous tidbit of information from a logical point of view.

Seems to me that the "rule of thumb" should be in inverse proportion. Presumably the guy with the biggest thumb also has the biggest and strongest body. I mean, if you thought it was important to make a rule limiting the damage being done, would you want to give the smallest stick to the strongest guy?!

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:06 am 

nice

Last edited by chris_joe on Mon May 09, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:20 pm 

dang that sucks dude. I know how you feel, some moron stole my cube (my one and only cube) and it still hasn't turned up. I got a new one, but it's not the same. Did you ever get a new one?

and chris_joe, I know I'm newer than you, but I just have to say this. You have been making a lot of one word posts to up your post count / rank. It's sort of annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:55 pm 

Smapla wrote:
and chris_joe, I know I'm newer than you, but I just have to say this. You have been making a lot of one word posts to up your post count / rank. It's sort of annoying.

uhh, dude, im new here and i have no idea that you couldn't even put a "comment" on this site. and how is it annoying?? i could take other people's "one word post" and i won't get annoyed. And i only made about 3 one word posts, that's not a lot... try counting before you start judging people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:57 pm 

chris_joe wrote:
Smapla wrote:

uhh, dude, im new here and i have no idea that you couldn't even put a "comment" on this site. and how is it annoying?? i could take other people's "one word post" and i won't get annoyed. And i only made about 3 one word posts, that's not a lot... try counting before you start judging people.

guys....take it easy....let's not mind what other people comment

*same site*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:37 pm 

Yes, Joseph's right, no fighting allowed on these premises.

Smapla does have a point but it's not worth getting worked up about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:12 pm 

The one-word post is not without it's merits. For example, it's pretty funny to see the post "nice" was edited twice!

Sorry, chris_joe, I couldn't help myself. It's funny!

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:35 pm 

lol, i accidentally pressed edit two times. and submited the entry again when i tried exiting out of the edit page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:28 pm 

chris_joe wrote:
And i only made about 3 one word posts, that's not a lot... try counting before you start judging people.

Not that I'm nit picking or anything, but I counted a least four. j/k :wink: :lol: :P

I've gone off the idea of progress. It's overrated. - Arthur Dent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:11 pm 

LOL, oh well, then 4 :lol:

i think we should get back to the subject "my poor speedcube"
i feel bad for letting my mistakes take over Kid_With_Teh_moHawk's subject