Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: www.puzzletts.com
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 6:01 am 
Does anyone have any information about the site http://www.puzzletts.com? I placed an order there and have not received the puzzles. I got no reply from the email messages I have sent and the phone number listed is out of service.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Untitled
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:01 am 

I have bad news for you. You are not the only one. Mike Green's (the person responsible for Puzzletts) latest phone number is: 253-854-3203
But From the "Puzzle Talk" web page he may have disconnected it recently as a result of somebody like you calling him. Here is the link to "Puzzle Talk" (part of an excellent site called "Puzzle World")

http://www.johnrausch.com/PuzzleTalk/index.html

Look for the message from Chris A., Oct 4. Good luck.

This should serve as a warning to everybody.

Post subject: WARNING !!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:56 am 

I have bad news for you. You are not the only one. Mike Green's (the person responsible for Puzzletts) latest phone number is: 253-854-3203
But From the "Puzzle Talk" web page he may have disconnected it recently as a result of somebody like you calling him. Here is the link to "Puzzle Talk" (part of an excellent site called "Puzzle World")

http://www.johnrausch.com/PuzzleTalk/index.html

Look for the message from Chris A., Oct 4. Good luck.

This should serve as a warning to everybody.

Post subject: Puzzletts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 3:39 am 

I purchased some puzzles from Puzzletts about 2 years ago. Although my credit card was charged immediately, I waited for several months before calling Mike Green. When I spoke with him, he apologized and said that he had been extremely busy with starting a side puzzle manufacturing business. He assured me that he would send my order immediately. Well, about 2 months later I finally received the order. Not only was everything there, he also threw in a few nice freebies for my patience.

Although he finally came through with order, I would suggest not purchasing from him due to the poor service. The Puzzletts web site is also extremely out-dated. Many items listed for sale are no longer in stock despite it saying that they are.

At the time however, he was the only source for replacement cubies for my broken Rubik's Revenge.

Doug.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 9:50 pm 

Again. People from other Puzzle sites are having difficulty reaching Mike Green. Do not use the automated order forms from the Puzzletts site. You will be charged and then hope that Mike eventually does something. Apparently, this has become more and more difficult because he is a moving target (disconected phones, unanswered email). See my previous Warning message for the "Puzzle World" talk about the site. I would invite Mike Green to respond to these messages if he thinks that they are unfair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:50 pm 
I just placed an order there yesterday. How I wish I had read these threads first!
Needless to say, I'll be watching my credit card transactions very closely.

Also, a quick whois lookup
http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=puzzletts
shows that his domain name puzzletts.com expired two days ago (September 30, 2000). Not a good sign.