David has accepted other responsibilities
, and while he may still has the willingness and rights to work on the puzzle museum, it would be unfair to rely on him to contribute to the museum in addition to moderating the forums. In his place, and in an attempt to address the lack of effectiveness
in growing the museum, I would like to recruit a team
of Museum Moderators. I'm thinking 3-5 people in addition to Roxanne and Sarah.
Each member of the team should be willing and able to do one or more of the following tasks on a regular basis:
- contribute useful puzzle information for new/existing puzzles by using the online forms
- edit and prepare photographs with a moderate-to-high level of skill, then upload the completed versions using the moderation tools provided
- recruit help from the community as required (i.e.: help with editing large batches of photographs, or help with photographing rare puzzles)
- moderate user contributions to the museum (assess, delete or edit, gather and prepare images, publish), this includes clearing the current backlog of contributions (120+ entries)
- scour the forum looking for old puzzles to add, then oversee from start-to-finish the entire task of adding each one (information, photographs, editing, publishing)
- add new puzzles as they are released
Q: Can I be a Museum Moderator if I only want to contribute by editing the images?
A: Yes! (And some day, I'll even come up with a way of giving you the recognition your hard work deserves!)
If you would like to apply to become a member of this team, please e-mail a description of pertinent skills and other details to forum@<This_Site>.com.