Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Site Bug Reports
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:24 am 

Post any bugs you find in the new version of the site here.

Sandy

Post subject: Re: New Site Bug Reports
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:34 am 

Most everything looks fine in Safari 3.0.

Though on the museam homepage- is there supposed to be an inline scroll bar? It just seems a bit odd.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 am 

If I try to PM someone using the buttons below every post, I get this error:
Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/ucp.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at twistypuzzles.com Port 80

However, if I try to send the PM by composing a new message, it works.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:43 am 

Danny Devitt wrote:
Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/ucp.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at twistypuzzles.com Port 80

However, if I try to send the PM by composing a new message, it works.

This is because the PM does not like the URL link to the original topic which is automatically added in the PM header, so you will see that I had to remove this when I sent you a PM yesterday.

Hopefully Sandy can fix this bug...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:06 am 

Hi Sandy,
Great work on the new look!
Not sure whether you are on to this or not but on my Laptop (Win XP, IE8, 1024x768) I have overlapping sections on homepage:

Attachments:
screencap.gif
screencap.gif [ 55.87 KiB | Viewed 5161 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:15 am 

redirected from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13967

I'm still having the same display issues (as noted by Richard above) with IE8. It's working fine with compatibility view turned on. It's working perfectly in Firefox 3.0.11.

I haven't retried the Collection Manager issue again yet. I plan to sometime tomorrow (probably late).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:14 am 

Re-tested.

I now get a "you are forbidden to access this page" error and an error form when I log into the collection manager.

The frontpage now renders even more differently between the two IE8 modes.

Still have the overlapping boxes here:
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr35 ... IE8new.png

The boxes across the bottom have moved to the right-hand side in compatibility mode. Are they supposed to do that?
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr35 ... itynew.png

I remember on an older shot I took, they were across the bottom:
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr35 ... ageIE8.png

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:04 am 

The codebar in Cubicles signature extends over the frame on my notebook 1024x768. Therefore the text of his post is to broad too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:33 pm 

On Safari 3.2.1, on the home page, the blue box that describes the one of the four topics selected, the words are being overlapped by the boxes on the bottom. See the attachments if this isn't clear.

Attachments:
File comment: And again.
Picture 5.jpg
Picture 5.jpg [ 275.18 KiB | Viewed 5161 times ]
File comment: Again.
Picture 4.jpg
Picture 4.jpg [ 279.13 KiB | Viewed 5162 times ]
File comment: Again the blue box.
Picture 3.jpg
Picture 3.jpg [ 287.8 KiB | Viewed 5163 times ]
File comment: Look at the blue box at the right.
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg [ 308.1 KiB | Viewed 5161 times ]

f
Will you join the Rebelution?
The teenage rebellion against low expectations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 pm 

When clicking a link on the sidebar....the link opens in the sidebar.

Attachments:
TP Sidebar062509.JPG
TP Sidebar062509.JPG [ 122.49 KiB | Viewed 5164 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 pm 

Oh geez. I really ought to try sleeping sometimes. I wonder if that will improve my programming skills any?

Edit: Fixed!.

Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 pm 

How about this one, when I hit [Control home] The page doesn't move so I have to scroll back to the top of the page. Minor irritation is all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 pm 

I can't log into the price moderating stuff, and if try, it messes up the whole site. To fix it, I have to go a delete all twistypuzzles cookies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 pm 

When I browse through the museum on my laptop with Firefox, only the first item of every page of listings displays.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 pm 

anythingtwisty wrote:
When I browse through the museum on my laptop with Firefox, only the first item of every page of listings displays.

I have this same problem, except I'm on IE

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:58 am 

I can't use PM either, even when starting a new message.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:35 am 

when i click on one of the names under "members online" on the sidebar, it goes to a page that says the requested user does not exist.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:41 am 

when trying to upload my collection in the "collections" tab, I log in and it says there is an error. Then I can't go to any part of the site without it having the error page. To fix it I have to clear all of my cookies and go back to the site.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:03 pm 

I'm using Iinternet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233 here at work running XPSP2 or 3. On the forum, I have to scroll all the way down on each new page before I see any of the forum. The panel on the right seems to show up fine.

-d

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm 

anythingtwisty wrote:

This one is fixed. Surprising bug.

The rest will have to wait until the weekend is over. Fishing trip.

Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:50 pm 

The front page tells me that several items have been added in the past week, but when I search for items added within that time period, nothing comes up.

I'm using the latest Firefox on a 64-bit version of Vista but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 am 

After choosing "Manage my collection", and successfully logging in, every single page of the site brings up the Area Forbidden form. The forum, museum, shop, home page, everything becomes inaccessible. The only way to fix is is to clear the twistypuzzles cookies.

Jaap's Puzzle Page:
http://www.jaapsch.net/puzzles/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:53 pm 

I can't send a PM it takes me to a form to full out so I tell you whats wrong. This is the frist time that this has happened to me.

The OS I have and running is XP, Fire fox 3.0.

If you need any more info but it feel free to ask because it feels like I'm missing something.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:34 pm 

This is a really tiny bug, but for the price list, it allows you to check the top row with the labels, which throws off the average.

Attachments:
pricing bug.JPG
pricing bug.JPG [ 27.65 KiB | Viewed 5161 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:57 pm 

The check boxes to delete PMs is now taken up by the sidebar. If I need to delete them (which I do), I have to do so one at a time now. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:22 am 

Cubicle wrote:
Most everything looks fine in Safari 3.0. Though on the museam homepage- is there supposed to be an inline scroll bar? It just seems a bit odd.

I don't see what you describe when I use Safari. Does it still happen? Where does the scroll bar appear exactly? Can you provide a screen shot?

Danny Devitt wrote:

Fixed.

Richard wrote:
Not sure whether you are on to this or not but on my Laptop (Win XP, IE8, 1024x768) I have overlapping sections on homepage:

darryl wrote:
I'm using Iinternet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233 here at work running XPSP2 or 3. On the forum, I have to scroll all the way down on each new page before I see any of the forum. The panel on the right seems to show up fine.

I'm ready to abandon exclusive use of CSS for page layouts. It seems every browser wants to position things differently. I'm sure the CSS purists out there will tell me it's a flaw with my code, but I've been tweaking this code for months and it's getting sorta frustrating that it takes so long to get something to a point where it STILL isn't working. I'm going to add an HTML table for over-all page layouts this evening.

tamaness wrote:
I now get a "you are forbidden to access this page" error and an error form when I log into the collection manager.

jaap wrote:
After choosing "Manage my collection", and successfully logging in, every single page of the site brings up the Area Forbidden form. The forum, museum, shop, home page, everything becomes inaccessible. The only way to fix is is to clear the twistypuzzles cookies.

Please avoid logging in to edit your collection via the Collection Manager (viewing collections is fine). Moderators should also avoid logging in to the Database Maintenance menu. If you attempt to log in use one of those, the entire site will stop working until you delete your TwistyPuzzles.com cookies. This is a problem caused by my hosting insisting on an Apache security module. I have reported the details of this issue to him. As if I didn't have enough problems to resolve at the moment...

Andreas Nortmann wrote:
The codebar in Cubicles signature extends over the frame on my notebook 1024x768. Therefore the text of his post is to broad too.

When I get the "hide sidebar" feature working, I'll set up a new maximum width of images on the forum. Can we suffer with this as-is for a few more days?

JonnyWhoopes wrote:
On Safari 3.2.1, on the home page, the blue box that describes the one of the four topics selected, the words are being overlapped by the boxes on the bottom. See the attachments if this isn't clear.

It looks like your browser fonts are set to larger than normal. And I guess I should allow for that possibility. I'll look into it this evening. It probably means scroll bars will show up for people who customize their fonts.

katsmom wrote:
How about this one, when I hit [Control home] The page doesn't move so I have to scroll back to the top of the page. Minor irritation is all.

Heck. I thought that was just my computer. Turns out it's related to CSS overflow issues, which I should be able to get rid of when I switch to a table layout this evening.

Alex wrote:

What does that mean? Please be more descriptive of the issue.

zevipa wrote:
when i click on one of the names under "members online" on the sidebar, it goes to a page that says the requested user does not exist.

Fixed!

Jared wrote:
The front page tells me that several items have been added in the past week, but when I search for items added within that time period, nothing comes up.

Fixed!

Darren Grewe wrote:
I can't send a PM it takes me to a form to full out so I tell you whats wrong. This is the frist time that this has happened to me.
If you need any more info but it feel free to ask because it feels like I'm missing something.

I don't get this problem. Can you explain exactly what you are clicking and what you are entering in the PM forum so I can try to reproduce it?

ejisfun wrote:
This is a really tiny bug, but for the price list, it allows you to check the top row with the labels, which throws off the average.

Fixed. Nicely spotted!

Calzone wrote:
The check boxes to delete PMs is now taken up by the sidebar. If I need to delete them (which I do), I have to do so one at a time now.

This should be resolved in a day or two when the sidebars are no longer taking up so much space. Meanwhile, you can avoid this problem by increasing your monitor resolution.

Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 am 

Sandy wrote:
Alex wrote:

Darren Grewe wrote:

I don't get this problem. Can you explain exactly what you are clicking and what you are entering in the PM forum so I can try to reproduce it?

I think Darren Grewe and I are having the same problem. This is the error report form that I get:
Attachment:
error.jpg
error.jpg [ 192.63 KiB | Viewed 5165 times ]

I just click reply to a PM I've recieved, I type the body text and click send, nothing else.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm 

Sandy wrote:
Cubicle wrote:
Most everything looks fine in Safari 3.0. Though on the museam homepage- is there supposed to be an inline scroll bar? It just seems a bit odd.

I don't see what you describe when I use Safari. Does it still happen? Where does the scroll bar appear exactly? Can you provide a screen shot?

Attachment:
museam.png
museam.png [ 365.93 KiB | Viewed 5162 times ]

On the right, there is a scroll bar for about one line of text. I just found it a bit redundant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:09 pm 

Alex wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Alex wrote:

Darren Grewe wrote:

I think Darren Grewe and I are having the same problem. This is the error report form that I get:
Attachment:
error.jpg

I just click reply to a PM I've recieved, I type the body text and click send, nothing else.

Yes I get that also. Thanks for posting it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:41 pm 

I have send PMs directly from my Inbox, by clicking on the PM button, and by clicking Reply to someone else's PM, and all work fine.

The problem you guys are having is probably related to the content of the message you are sending (including the quoted text). Are there any URLs or images in it? I need more information about what you are sending (not a screenshot of my error form...!) to send to my host so they can fix it.

Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 am 

This is how the window looks like before I hit submit. I only enter plain text, no urls and no quoting I'm aware of.

Attachment:
error2.jpg
error2.jpg [ 231.3 KiB | Viewed 5166 times ]

I even tried signing out and signing back in without the "remember me" option (since the error report says something about the area not being for public use), but it didn't help. Here's what I do:

- I click on the "0 new messages" on the upper left,
- I click on the title of the first message in my inbox to view it,
- I click reply,
- I type the message (C+P it, now that I've been getting this error for a few days),
- I click submit,

and then I get the error page I posted above. Let me know if there's anything more I can do. I can try to PM you the exact copy of the text I'm sending if that helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 am 

Okay, the PM / Collection Manager / Database Maintenance problems should all be solved. My host (after getting swamped with my requests) has let me disable the Apache security module. This may be a security risk, of course, so I'll be auditing my code to look for the sort of things that the security module is designed to catch.

Let me know if you get any more error pages anywhere. They should all be gone now.

I didn't get to doing to the table layouts last night as I mentioned above. Tonight is fully booked. Wednesday evening, perhaps. Say, if this site were my full time job I'd have eight more hours a day to work/play on it! So two of those hours would be used to fix the layout, and the other six would be used for working on some new stuff... and that's just one day! Imagine what I could do with 40 hours every week!

Anyway, thanks for your continued patience.

Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 pm 

Richard wrote:
Hi Sandy,
Great work on the new look!

Fixed! The home page should display nicely in all browsers now.

Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:06 pm 

it's crazy how there are still bugs 3-4 months after the new format.
Nice job keeping up with it all though, Sandy!
You have done a really nice job with this site!

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm 

It's not a bug but at the top of homepage it says 160000 messages then when you click on forums it says 150000

Megaminx: 3:57.61
Super Square-1: 2 days
Fisher cube: 52.17
3x3x4: 2:34.68 (no parity)

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am 

Yeah, those lines are hard-coded in three different places (forum, shop, everywhere else). It is not only inaccurate, it's highly redundant given the "Community" box on the right. Since it's taken me longer to write this message that it would have taken to change it, I'd better go change it!

Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 pm 

Not really a bug, but it would make everyone's life a little easier if you make it so you can upload pictures right from your hard drive or usb instead of from a site.

Bumrang :solved: :scrambled: :solved:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bumrang

Drewseph wrote:
you can improve the quality of the turning by placing it in the trash.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:05 am 

You can.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:39 am 

Bumrang wrote:
Not really a bug, but it would make everyone's life a little easier if you make it so you can upload pictures right from your hard drive or usb instead of from a site.

I gave you information on how to do this already...here you go...again. :roll:

This was not the issue that I said you should post here. Post the issue with previewing in IE. :|

- Billy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:54 pm 

Ever since the switch I have noticed very long feedback delays in the text entry fields. For example everything from "switch" to "fields" in the sentence above took eight seconds to display after I stopped typing. since I am a messy typist with long posts, this is *killing* me. Often I compose my posts in wordpad and paste them in.
At first I thought it was an IE bug, but I believe it hits me on the Mac under Safari as well.
It is like something is doing a horribly slow filtering pass over the text each keystroke. Perhaps evaluating some site scritps each key press?

As if this weren't enough, I also find that after a number of lines of text the scrolling gets messed up and keeps bumping the view back up to the middle of the post. The cursor stays down at the bottom out of sight except each time I press a key it jumps back down and immediately up again. Text selection is impossible past the first part of the message.

Perhaps this is Sandy's way of saying "keep it short, Dave" ;)

I don't know why I didn't post this sooner, it's been a real hassle. Am I the only one seeing this?

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:27 pm 

DLitwin wrote:
Ever since the switch I have noticed very long feedback delays in the text entry fields. For example everything from "switch" to "fields" in the sentence above took eight seconds to display after I stopped typing. since I am a messy typist with long posts, this is *killing* me. Often I compose my posts in wordpad and paste them in.

Dave

Now that you mention this. I notice it too on my work computer which is XP with IE 6. I don't notice it on my home computer, but that's a quad core running Vista and Firefox, so it's a bit faster.

It's always a good idea to type up long posts in a separate program that saves. I've lost long posts before I realized that that would save a lot of headaches.

-d

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:01 pm 

I dont know if this is just my computer but, the front page and members online is delayed.For the front page: recent posts and memebers online is delayed by 30 minutes. If I try to send a PM it says they are online but when I send it , it says they are offline but are actually online.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bumrang

Drewseph wrote:
you can improve the quality of the turning by placing it in the trash.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:41 pm 

Bumrang wrote:
I dont know if this is just my computer but, the front page and members online is delayed.For the front page: recent posts and memebers online is delayed by 30 minutes. If I try to send a PM it says they are online but when I send it , it says they are offline but are actually online.

It's certainly not delayed for me. When I was reading your message, the most recent post showed "Re: The "order" of a non-cubic puzzle by bhearn 4 seconds ago.". I opened the message to confirm the time it was posted, and it was exactly the same as the clock on my system.

If your observations are correct, your browser is probably caching the content. This article contains browser-specific instructions for carrying out the various options of avoiding this.

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:27 pm 

Is it just me or are smilies getting cut off at the edges for everyone? Some of them are missing the sides or the bottom.

:?: :?

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:39 pm 

They look okay for me on Explorer 8, Firefox 3.5.5 and Chrome 3. What OS/browser/resolution are you using?

Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:46 am 

DLitwin wrote:
As if this weren't enough, I also find that after a number of lines of text the scrolling gets messed up and keeps bumping the view back up to the middle of the post. The cursor stays down at the bottom out of sight except each time I press a key it jumps back down and immediately up again. Text selection is impossible past the first part of the message.

Is this fixed now with the new phpBB update? I don't notice it anymore, anyhow, and one of the patch notes was: "[Fix] Cursor Jumps on New Topic in IE (Bug #42455 - Patch by TerraFrost)".

And while we're at it, Dave, is it still slow when typing a message? I don't experience that problem. Does anyone else?

Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:42 am 

Sandy wrote:
DLitwin wrote:

Is this fixed now with the new phpBB update? I don't notice it anymore, anyhow, and one of the patch notes was: "[Fix] Cursor Jumps on New Topic in IE (Bug #42455 - Patch by TerraFrost)".

And while we're at it, Dave, is it still slow when typing a message? I don't experience that problem. Does anyone else?

Sandy
For the Win!

I have received no better XMas gift :) This was killing me (I blame my habit of writing long posts) pretty much every day for months now, but both problems are completely gone.

You are my personal hero.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:26 pm 

Im having this weird thing were the new puzzles thing dont get marked new. Sorry its not a good explanation but look at the pictures please

Attachments:
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png [ 138.56 KiB | Viewed 5082 times ]
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png [ 153.6 KiB | Viewed 5082 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:18 pm 

You mean it's not unmarking? There's a button on the page "mark topics read"

After I did that once, I haven't had the problem again.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."