Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:21 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:
The gigaminx is a totally custom puzzle. I believe only a tiny handful of them have been produced, and some were different sizes. It would not be worth the time and investment to produce stickers for it, although Dr Sticker can help with custom jobs.
I take it you missed the two topics right in the main index page of this forum about the Cube4You mass produced Gigaminx :)

Must... Get... Now... :shock:

Okay, I must confess, I've been sleeping under a rock, LOL! Actually, with school, my fiance, etc, etc, I've been too busy to check the site regularly. Lately, I have only been responding to the "topic reply notification" in my inbox. Please forgive my ignorance :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:06 am 

GuitarSD wrote:
you can get all of those kinds of stickers at dr-sticker.com
Does Dr Sticker use the same material and offer the same colors as Cubesmith? The reason I ask is because I've already made a bunch of Megaminx sticker mods using Cubesmith stickers. I used their Megaminx set (white, copper, silver, light blue, orange, red, aqua, blue, green, yellow, pink, and purple) and substituted the copper and silver stickers with tan and light green. This allowed me to duplicated (as close as possible) Meffert's 12 color arrangement that they use for their tiled and PET stickered Megaminxes. Now I want to duplicated these sticker mods (including the one I'm using as my avatar/icon) on some Gigaminxes using the same color stickers. Looking around dr-sticker.com it is hard to tell if he is using the same material and colors or not since he uses different names for the colors (and doesn't have as large of a selection). If I can purchase Gigaminx stickers from dr-sticker.com made with the same material and of the same colors that I've already used for my Megaminxes then I will do it! If not then I'll wait for Cubesmith.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 am 

Edit: Removed post, sent PM instead.

Last edited by Rubiks5113 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:31 pm 

Kind of rude bringing up a competitor in cubegrrrl's thread, not to mention entirely off topic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
Blazemann wrote:
I would guess gigaminx stickers are in the works? I know it is really soon, but the bumb cube and mophix came fast.
I would love to get some gigaminx and face turning octahedron stickers. cubegrrrl, any chance that these may become available?

Gigaminx stickers will be available soon. We have a face turning octahedron on order and will have stickers for that eventually as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:26 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Gigaminx stickers will be available soon. We have a face turning octahedron on order and will have stickers for that eventually as well.
Excellent! Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm 

7x7x7 V-Cube tiles are now available: http://cubesmith.com/7x7x7VCubeTiles.htm
We are working on the 6x6x6 tiles and hope to have them available within the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:25 pm 

Do those pictures of the 7x7 tiles do them justice? What I'm asking is are the smooth tiles really that much less vibrant than the textured ones? Either way I'm still getting them!!!

4x4x4 PB: 2:04.95
5x5x5 PB 4:25.80
My other ones are to slow for me to care about right now...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:26 pm 

One of the coolest posts ever, will wait for the 6x6 tiles so I can order then at once. Very excited about the tiles, not so much about applying them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:28 pm 

Jamo wrote:
Do those pictures of the 7x7 tiles do them justice? What I'm asking is are the smooth tiles really that much less vibrant than the textured ones? Either way I'm still getting them!!!

As we've explained many times, it is very difficult for us to photograph the tiles and vinyl accurately. The V-Cube tiles are the same material and colors as all of our other tiles, and both textured and smooth tiles are printed with the same color, and look the same, aside from the texture of the Lexan that the color is printed on. I recently got a lightbox and I'm hoping that will allow me to take more accurate photographs...Now I just have to figure out how to use it :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 pm 

Oh OK. sorry about that :roll: ... When I buy the tiles I would love to take a color accurate picture and put it up in this blog. (or at least I'll compare the different blues and oranges)

4x4x4 PB: 2:04.95
5x5x5 PB 4:25.80
My other ones are to slow for me to care about right now...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:25 pm 

Location: USA, North America, Planet Earth, Solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
How do the 777 tiles apply to the cube? The cube is a curved surface, tiles are flat! ???

NEW VIDEOS-
3x3x3 stop-motion solve
Meffert's new Pyraminx Crystal solve
QJ 4x4x4 solve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 pm 

those are some tiny tiles! good luck to whoever is going to apply them!

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:21 pm 

Jamo wrote:
Oh OK. sorry about that :roll: ... When I buy the tiles I would love to take a color accurate picture and put it up in this blog. (or at least I'll compare the different blues and oranges)

I actually wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to send us some pics, I'll totally use them :) I know my lighting is way off, but we live in a windy town, and it's difficult to get outside to photograph thin sheets of vinyl. I've spent many frustrated days filling my memory card with useless images :cry: , and we've got orders to fill, and tiles to make, and stickers to cut, and colors to print..... :)
The main problem with the pics, though, is that they'll never be perfect, as it is, the stickers and tiles look different indoors and outdoors (off the top of my head, I think of our standard blue, which looks almost glittery in certain light), so they'll always look different to different people, and on different monitors; color is kinda subjective like that. That being said, if you can put the stickers against a white background so it flows with the site (which I know also doesn't look the greatest, I'm trying to teach myself CSS, but I just don't have the time :cry: ) , I'll switch out what I have with better images as I have time.
Oh!, and I meant to take a comparison picture of the oranges today, it just slipped my mind; I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Monopoly wrote:
How do the 777 tiles apply to the cube? The cube is a curved surface, tiles are flat! ???

They actually work fairly well. We have a 7x7x7 that we tiled about 3 weeks ago when we first got the die punch working, and it still looks great, no peeling or bending at all. The curvature is slight enough and the lexan flexible enough that it works...
Unlike the Jing's pyraminx, which we will have stickers for soon. The curvature is just enough that we won't be offering chrome stickers because the material isn't as flexible as the rest of our vinyl and bubbles up.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, we're now offering samples of any material or color. Just send us an SASE and a list of what you want to see, or if you have an order pending, you can email us the transaction ID number and we can add samples to your order. The samples come from our scrap material, so they may be dusty, scuffed, or be cut incorrectly, and are not guaranteed to be usable as a replacement sticker.

Last edited by cubegrrrl on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:28 pm 

If I may ask, why did Cubesmith decided to space the V-7 tiles out so much on an the sheet of lexan? It looks like it's spread apart too far for it to be applied using an application sheet, so wouldn't that just be using more material than necessary?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Ben

EDIT: If you would like, I can also try and take a few pictures of the orange vs. fluorescent orange tomorrow of my cube and PM them to you, and hopefully you could make use of them!

In search of Erno Rubik signed cube.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:33 pm 

Ben wrote:
If I may ask, why did Cubesmith decided to space the V-7 tiles out so much on an the sheet of lexan? It looks like it's spread apart too far for it to be applied using an application sheet, so wouldn't that just be using more material than necessary?

The tiles have to be spaced out because when we punch them with our die punch machine, the closer together they are, the more often the pieces pop out during punching and get mangled in the machine. The smaller the individual tiles, the more likely they are to pop out as well, so we had to do what would work.

Ben wrote:
EDIT: If you would like, I can also try and take a few pictures of the orange vs. fluorescent orange tomorrow of my cube and PM them to you, and hopefully you could make use of them!

If you guys want to send pics, send them to orders@cubesmith.com, with the subject PICTURES. Thanks :)

Last edited by cubegrrrl on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Ben wrote:

Just curious.

Thanks,
Ben

The tiles have to be spaced out because when we punch them with our die punch machine, the closer together they are, the more often the pieces pop out during punching and get mangled in the machine. The smaller the individual tiles, the more likely they are to pop out as well, so we had to do what would work.

That seems like it should have been a no-brainer now that you tell me :P

Thanks,
Ben

In search of Erno Rubik signed cube.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Awesome! They are apparently out of Gigaminx stickers at cube4you, so they are only offering the blank DIY versions. I added the "Assembly and Lube" option (+3 USD) to the cart as an insurance, due to widespread reports of people not getting enough of all the correct parts. Also ordered the octahedron as well 8-)

Thanks for the V7 tiles, btw.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 pm 

*** ATTENTION!!! ***

You save 50¢ by buying the uncut material & using my tutorial! :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeMyselfAnd ... 3-FEXk4C_g

Anyway, it's great to see that they finally came out! :D

P.S. Finally, after reading 10+ pages of posts, I can finally interact in this topic now that I'm a member!

Last edited by MeMyselfAndPi on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
*** ATTENTION!!! ***

You save 50¢ by buying the uncut material & using my tutorial! :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeMyselfAnd ... uTExT1T8qw

Anyway, it's great to see that they finally came out! :D

P.S. Finally, after reading 10+ pages of posts, I can finally interact in this topic now that I'm a member!

I'll spend my extra 50 cents, Thanks Pi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 pm 

Well, the time it would take you to cut the material would make it more expensive in the end.

Drewseph wrote:
You can improve the quality of the turning by placing it in the trash.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
*** ATTENTION!!! ***

You save 50¢ by [...]
Is it really necessary to use red lettering and asterisks to get our attention?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:42 am 

It got my attention... :wink:

edit: except, I don't think that linked to your tutorial M, M, & Pi

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 am 

Well, at least it's always nice to see another video of the Gigaminx in action :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:09 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
Is it really necessary to use red lettering and asterisks to get our attention?
lol, I just wanted to enhance the joke is all.

elijah wrote:
except, I don't think that linked to your tutorial M, M, & Pi
Oops, that was weird... But I was able to fix it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 am 

I was wondering, since the 7x7x7 tile sets are only available for white cubes, do the white tiles come with a white V-Cubes logo? I only have the black cubes and planned on buying tiles when they came out. Since they are out now I was hoping to get a set with white tiles with the V-Cubes logo. Is this the case, or will those people who have the black cubes have to purchase a single (white) V-Cubes logo tile for those? Thanks.

- Billy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am 

lonogod wrote:
I was wondering, since the 7x7x7 tile sets are only available for white cubes, do the white tiles come with a white V-Cubes logo? I only have the black cubes and planned on buying tiles when they came out. Since they are out now I was hoping to get a set with white tiles with the V-Cubes logo. Is this the case, or will those people who have the black cubes have to purchase a single (white) V-Cubes logo tile for those? Thanks.

- Billy

The white logos will need to be purchased individually.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:14 am 

lonogod wrote:

- Billy
I am actually considering just putting the default tile set (including black tiles) on my black V-Cubes anyway, because the V-Cubes are special cubes. When the V-6 tiles are released, my cube collection (1-7) will be complete, with all matching textured tiles...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:00 pm 

Hey guys,
Just wanted to give you an update on what's going on around here...
We are working on 6x6x6 tiles and hope to have them up in the next few weeks. We ran out of some colors of tile material, so we've been (and still are) printing colors on sheets of material.
Jing's Pyraminx sets will be available soon, though we will not offer chrome materials for this puzzle, since the curvature causes bubbling with less flexible material.
Gigaminx sets will also be available soon, though it'll probably be a month or so for those to be ready.

We have removed the shade shifting sets from the site since we no longer have green/purple in stock. However, we took them down before we were completely out of stock, so we now have 7 sets available. If you would like one, we'll sell them for $5 shipped. If you want one (or more), just email me at orders@cubesmith.com with your Paypal email address and I'll send you an invoice.

We are working on a new set to replace the shade shifting material...I'll post an update about that when I have one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 pm 

Why did the shade shifting material go by so quick?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:56 pm 

zevipa wrote:
Why did the shade shifting material go by so quick?

It had already been discontinued by our supplier when we started carrying it. Now they've run out of their stock, so we can no longer order it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:04 pm 

Did they tell why it was discontinued?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 pm 

zevipa wrote:
Did they tell why it was discontinued?

Nope, but we didn't ask :wink:
I'd imagine that for the price, it wasn't a great seller. As it was, when we purchased it, it was discounted and we had to sell sets for $5 for the 3x3x3 just to make a profit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 pm 

At $5 per set, that's more expensive than tiles :shock: or at least before you made the $.50 price hike. I have really fallen in love with cubesmith tiles.

I was going to ask you about the possibility of adding the new face-turning Octahedron to your sticker inventory. It is a great puzzle, eight sides with nine triangles per face, like the pyraminx, only smaller. But it's got those yucky laminated stickers like Rubik's has. The edges chafe as I slide my fingers over the edges, and as I know from personal experience, they tend to peel and wear fairly quickly.

The colors on the Octahedron I bought from C4U, are white, yellow, red, orange, blue, green, purple, and gray, but I think a silver color for the eighth face would look much better 8-)

Another thing you might want to consider, and would be worth mentioning on your site, is that sometimes stickers/tiles from one puzzle will work equally well on another. For example, 3x3x3 stickers/tiles will also work on a Rubik's 2x2x2, as well as most custom cuboids. One face/ sheet of Pyraminx stickers can also be used to sticker two faces of either a Mefferts or a Mohzi Diamond, with one sticker left over.

Just some food for thought :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:32 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
I was going to ask you about the possibility of adding the new face-turning Octahedron to your sticker inventory.

Another thing you might want to consider, and would be worth mentioning on your site, is that sometimes stickers/tiles from one puzzle will work equally well on another. For example, 3x3x3 stickers/tiles will also work on a Rubik's 2x2x2, as well as most custom cuboids. One face/ sheet of Pyraminx stickers can also be used to sticker two faces of either a Mefferts or a Mohzi Diamond, with one sticker left over.

We have a face-turning octahedron on order...should have been here by now, I'll have to look into that. But stickers will be available for them eventually.

We do mention several puzzles on the site that certain sized stickers work for. We also mention the actual size of each sticker. While many stickers will work on various cubes, not everyone will like the way they look (how much of each cubie is visible), which is why we post the sizes so people can measure their cubes and decide for themselves which size sticker they'd like to use. If there is a puzzle that we do not have stickers for, but something else we have works, please let us know and we can post it on the site

:solved: Update to the site :solved:
We are now offering mosaic vinyl. We were unable to find 6 identical patterns for a set, so we have 5 1/4" square prismatic patterns (red, blue, orange, fuschia, and chrome) and 1 1/4" circular prismatic pattern (gold). Pics are up on the site for comparison.
Jing's Pyraminx stickers are now available in sets and singles. We will not be offering chrome or mosaic material for this puzzle, as the curvature causes the vinyl to bubble. This only happens with the foil-backed materials, as they are less stretchy than the rest of the vinyl we offer.
We are still working on 6x6 tiles and Gigaminx vinyl sets and singles. I'll post an update when they're available.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:58 pm 

its great to hear that news. im still anxiously awaiting those giga stickers as the cube4you sets arent sticking on anymore.

the real problem with the cube4you stickers is that the little points for the gigas middle edge pieces constantly slide around and then come off completely. im assuming this wont be a problem with the cubesmith sets? and is there an estimated time of completion for the giga sets?? been very very excited to get some :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:55 pm 

ndgamer4life wrote:
its great to hear that news. im still anxiously awaiting those giga stickers as the cube4you sets arent sticking on anymore.

the real problem with the cube4you stickers is that the little points for the gigas middle edge pieces constantly slide around and then come off completely. im assuming this wont be a problem with the cubesmith sets? and is there an estimated time of completion for the giga sets?? been very very excited to get some :D
Cubesmith stickers are highly durable; the Cubesmith vinyl is both skid-proof and peel-proof. I speak from exoerience, as I use cubesmith stickers/tiles on virtually every twisty puzzle I own. Make sure you clean the surface really well before applying. GooGone does wonders for getting rid of sticker goop. They use rubbing alcohol to remove any leftover solvent, and dry it good before applying the stickers. The number one reason for stickers sliding around (other than crappy adhesives) is that oil or grease get underneath the stickers, meaning the surface was already dirty or grimy when they were applied. The adhesive on the Cubesmith vinyl also holds up pretty well against oil and grease after it has been applied, meaning if you ever want to relube your puzzle, it should be a worry-free process provided the adhesive on the stickers has had time to set in place.
cubegrrrl wrote:
We are now offering mosaic vinyl. We were unable to find 6 identical patterns for a set, so we have 5 1/4" square prismatic patterns (red, blue, orange, fuschia, and chrome) and 1 1/4" circular prismatic pattern (gold). Pics are up on the site for comparison.
They all look gorgeous! :D The Fucshia and the orange are both fairly close to red. It needs a green really, really badly. Red, green, blue, and either gold or chrome would make an excellent combination for pyraminx colors.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:46 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
They all look gorgeous! :D The Fucshia and the orange are both fairly close to red. It needs a green really, really badly. Red, green, blue, and either gold or chrome would make an excellent combination for pyraminx colors.

As I explained, we were unable to even find 6 colors of the square mosaic material. We know a green would look better, and that the orange, red, and fuschia are similar (though they're really not that bad in person). Unfortunately, a green is not available from either of our 2 suppliers. This is the reason we put off carrying this material for so long. However, because there are so many 4 sided puzzles, we've decided to go ahead with it, mainly as a set for 4 sided puzzles. We only got the gold circular mosaic material because we know people would want a set for a 6 sided puzzle and it was the closest match we could find. We will continue to be on the lookout for more colors of the mosaic material.

ndgamer4life wrote:
i is there an estimated time of completion for the giga sets??

maybe about 2 or 3 weeks...I'll post an update when I know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 pm 

6x6x6 V-Cube tiles are now on the site. We are taking a 3 day weekend this weekend, so these won't ship until next week. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:15 am 

Scrape Rite blades and holders are back up on the site. We're not sure how long we'll be able to stock them, but we'll have them as long as we can find a reasonable wholesale price. The price has gone up a bit to reflect the cost from our new supplier.

We also still have a few sets of 3x3x3 shade shifting stickers left. Email us if you want one for $5 shipped.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:56 pm 

Incidentally the tile material works nicely for the Gigaminx. I hand-cut some tiles from a leftover green sheet, initially to replace a sticker that went missing. I didn't round the edges because my hands aren't quite *that* steady, but they still look decent. The wedge pieces are probably kind of marginal in the die, but they'll work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:13 pm 

Quote:
12/3/2009:
Gigaminx sticker sets and singles will be available within the next couple of weeks - we are working on them.
Quote:
12/4/2009:
Gigaminx sticker sets and singles are now available. Pictures are not up yet, but we'll get them up next week.
lol, that was the shortest couple of weeks I've ever been through! Time to buy some! & man, does my Gigaminx need them!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:56 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Quote:
12/3/2009:
Gigaminx sticker sets and singles will be available within the next couple of weeks - we are working on them.
Quote:
12/4/2009:
Gigaminx sticker sets and singles are now available. Pictures are not up yet, but we'll get them up next week.
lol, that was the shortest couple of weeks I've ever been through! Time to buy some! & man, does my Gigaminx need them!

:lol: didn't realize I did that :lol:
We had the sets ready, but needed logos, so we were trying to work that into our schedule. Some time was freed up, so we took care of it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:25 am 

just got a few sets, i been waiting for these well before the gigaminx was ever on sale! finally il be able to solve a giga without the stickers coming off!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 pm 

cubegrrl, have you considered Gigaminx tiles as well, or are the central edges simply too thin for the material?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:00 pm 

I'm pretty sure they have. (But I don't want to take the time to reread this whole topic again to know for sure.) But the first thing they'll have to do is create the other colors. After that, I'd imagine they'd first release tiles for smaller puzzles first, like the Megaminx or Skewb Ultimate. So the Gigaminx tiles would probably take awhile, but I'd look forward to the day!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:14 pm 

I would say that FTO stickers would be very nice (it seems that although Cube4You is nice in puzzles, a lot of their stickers could be improved :roll: I will hope that it's the Cubesmith, to the rescue! :)

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
I'm pretty sure they have. (But I don't want to take the time to reread this whole topic again to know for sure.) But the first thing they'll have to do is create the other colors. After that, I'd imagine they'd first release tiles for smaller puzzles first, like the Megaminx or Skewb Ultimate. So the Gigaminx tiles would probably take awhile, but I'd look forward to the day!

This, exactly. We are working on the rest of the new colors we promised, but it takes 2 whole days for us to print a stack of one color sheets (since the ink has to dry completely before the white coat is applied), not to mention the time to apply the adhesive and cut the squares, then punch the tiles. Right now we are trying to print standard colors; once those are done we'll get back to the new colors, but something always comes up...Making stickers for all these new puzzles has slowed our printing down a bit. We do plan to eventually offer enough colors to be able to make 12 color sets for puzzles like the megaminx. I'm not sure whether the gigaminx tiles will be possible since the pieces are so small, but we may have to look into it somewhere down the line.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:03 am 

Alright, my stickers came today, & boy do I like them! It took about 2-3 hours to put all 372 stickers on. Here's some pictures:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Just look how colorful it is scrambled! I love it!

& here's a look at their logos:

& here's a bit of a warning. When applying, be sure you don't have the greens & blues (not including the dark-blue) touching each other. I think it'll be okay if you have just 1 green, & 1 blue touching. But don't have the other green & other blue touching too. You can easily distinguish the colors like this:

ImageImage

But in certain lighting (that you'll inevitable come across) it can make it very hard during edge paring:

ImageImage

Each of the stickers on the two blue-green edges are different colors. Notice that they look much more similar then in the previous pictures.

Here's a GIF video of how I ended up stickering mine. It gives you an idea of how NOT to sticker it.

So if you just keep the greens & blues away from each other, you should be fine.

Last edited by MeMyselfAndPi on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:04 am 

This is why I never use aqua in stickering 12 sided puzzles. I always buy the official set + light purple, silver and copper. I use the last three to replace purple, aqua and tan.

The remaining greens and blues are easier to distinguish. I put light blue opposite dark blue and the same for greens (with the dark colors touching). That way you end up with a light blue-green edge and a dark one. Most of the time at least one of the sides is well-lit and you can tell whether it's a dark or light edge you see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next