Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who's Who...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 pm 

1) Age, location, profession, eBay ID?
16, Singapore, Student, NA

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?
building simple mods is fun :) and solving big cubes too :)

3) How long have you been doing the above?
I've been solving puzzles since June '05.

4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?
1x1x1, 1x1x2, 2x2x1, a DIY 2x2x2 from a 3x3x3 because I DO NOT like eastsheens =P. no current projects....

5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?
eh? about....30 at max. about 500bucks?

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?
if its not over 50 bucks....unless its something that is a must-get.

7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why?
Well i sold off most of my old cubes....my first cube is long gone....I guess it'll be the rubik's 4x4 which I used to win the 4x4 category in a competition here.

8) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?
erm. 7x7x7?

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
a) 5x5x5
b) 7x7x7
c) 5x5x5
d) square 1...
e) my 2x2x1....LAWL.

10) Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies?
I play the violin and the piano...I love math and physics...

11) Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?
I'm a committed Christian.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:53 pm 

I suppose this is probably overdue.

I am 22, live in Northeastern North Carolina where I am a student at College of the Albemarle. Jeffery Mewtamer is my universal Internet screen name.

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?

Mainly building and collecting, but I also enjoy solving even though I am not good at it.

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?

I have been playing with twisty puzzles on and off since I was five. My older siblings had a Pyraminx, Rubik's Cube, and a pair of Rubik's Snakes, all of which have long been lost. I discovered this place a few months ago, and seeing the variety of custom made puzzles has inspired me to get involved.

4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?

I am currently in the process of obtaining the tools necessary to start my first batch of modifications as well as some puzzles to use as raw materials. A few of the common beginner mods such as the Half-Truncated cube are on my build list, as well a few less common 3*3*3 shape mods, some of which I have not seen made before. I also have a few CAD puzzles conceptualized, but I have been unable to find a program suitable for realizing my ideas.

5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?

My collection is currently quite small: BrainTwist, Rubik's Cube(To go towards my first mod), Rubik's UFO, and Sega Puzzle ball. I estimate my collection's value at less than 50USD.

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?

A lack of money hinders the growth of my collection, but I do prefer puzzles that have an ordered or symmetrical look to them, both in shape, and visible cuts.

Currently, none of my puzzles hold any sentimental value. This might change if I ever produce any custom puzzles that are both professional looking and original.

I suppose the Sega Puzzle Ball, if only for it being the only one in my collection that is not readily available though Amazon.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for:
a) solving: none
b) appearance: While it has not been fully realized yet, the Polaris does take the form of my favorite polyhedron, and I conceptualize it has a very beautiful puzzle. As for finished puzzles, the Void Cube and the 24-Cube are both have an Elegant simplicity that I admire.
c) feel: Not sure I understand this question
d) complexity: For sheer complexity, I cannot choose between Teraminx, Tuttminx, and the deceptive 24-Cube
e) other reasons: I feel the Pentultimate deserves mention for its surprisingly simple mechanism.

Origami, general Arts and Crafts, Video Games, Reading(Assorted Literature and East Asian Comics mainly)

I am visually impaired, blind in my right eye and 20/100 in my left. Despite my relatively poor clinical vision, I have no trouble getting around, and in fact, I use what vision I have better than some people with 20/20 use theirs.

I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society of Two-Year Colleges, and I serve as Technology Officer for my local chapter.

I enjoy a very wide selection of music, ranging from Baroque and Classic to Oldies and Modern, and covering the spectrum from Pop and Country to Rock and Metal. A few of my favorite composers/musicians/bands/etc are:
J.S. Bach(Baroque)
Ludwig Van Beethoven(Classical-Romantic)
Mozart(Classical)
Elvis Presley(Rock n Roll, Country Western, Gospel)
Off Course(Early J-pop)
MAHO-Dou(Modern J-pop)
Alabama(Country)
Lordi(Finnish Hard Rock)
Trans-Siberian Orchestra(Classical/Rock hybrid style)

I pledge allegiance to the whole of humanity, and to the world in which we live: one people under the heavens, indivisible, with Liberty and Equality for all.

My Shapeways Shop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:50 am 

15, New York, Student, Weeznizzle

Building, I would love to be an expert builder like Flambore, Drew, Tyler, and Tony.

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us
the story! How did you get dragged back in?
I've been in for a little bit. I was pulled back in maybe 2 months ago when I saw silverpotato's channel, then Tony's channel pulled me straight back.

I've built a Saimese, 3x4x5, 3x3x5, 3x3x4, 1x1x3 or 3x3x1. 3x3x7, 3x3x9, and a cuboctohedron. Oh and a little tribute to Tony for getting me truly back into building.

My collection is 20+. The worth is unknown because i have some themed cubes like the McCube that im not sure what it's worth is, and I also have an original pyraminx from Tomy.

I don't really have boundaries. I do hate white plastic though for some reason it bugs my eyes. Only white puzzle I have is the Tomy pyraminx.

7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favorite and why?
My McCube because it has the special value and I've always gone to there and I'm a loyal customer, also Ive heard there isn't many around.

8) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay? Not sure if the Tomy pyraminx the McCube or the V-7 would go for.

9) What is your favorite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
A) Pyraminx B) McCube C) V-7 D) Alexander's Star E) ES 2x2 because its just amazing.

I Cube, Game, Skate, and I'm a full time student so not much time for other hobbies.

Just I'm Happy to be here and the cubing community is growing and I can't wait for my First Competition.

4x4: 3:18.62 | 5x5: 8:22.90
Megaminx: 9:01:94| 7x7: 39:51.98
Magic: 1.14 | Pyraminx: 9.76
2x2-5x5 Relay: 16:43.51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:50 am 

Late 30's, CNC Machinist (turning / lathe work)

My main interest is solving - learning how to move the pieces where you want them to go, trying to make them stay, getting that feeling new puzzle feeling. The downside is this has turned me into a collector since I am finding out that many of these production puzzles have a limited public shelf-life (Meffert's for example).

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?
I had a Rubik's cube when I was a kid (3rd grade) in the early 80's and learned how to solve it from a book. During that time it was very popular. I would end up solving (in most cases fixing by taking a part the cube to put back together in the right order since they switch pieces around and in some cases change sticker back to their original place) all my classmate's cubes on the bus, recess, etc. I had a "cube with the corners cut off" (later learned it was called an barrel) Missing Link and pyramid which I solved using the logic I learned from the Rubik's. My personal best time was 1:30 minutes.

I think it was the early 90's when I seen the Rubik's cube in the store again. I thought they stopped making them when the craze died down 10 years earlier. I ended up getting a new one and found out I never forgot how to solve it. A girlfriend at the time end up buying me the Rubik's Revenge (4x4) which was the most challenging puzzle that I had at the time.

As far as losing touch goes, losing touch was very easy to do since there is only so many times until solving the 3x3 gets boring (I never got into speed solving). I did eventually get a new Rubik's Revenge a couple of few ago but that sat on my desk unsolved for the majority of the time picking it up here and there when I had some time to kill.

I didn't realized I was dragged back in until I was in the thick of it. I ended up using the little solution book for the 4x4 to solve the cube and try to commit that to memory. During that time I ordered a Rubik's Professor (5x5) off of eBay. I looked up a couple of tutorials and instead of learning to solve off of those, I just looked to see what the next step should be and figured it out myself running into only 1 parity error that I needed follow the tutorial to get past it. After 1.5 weeks, I solved it and felt a feeling of great accomplishment. A Rubik's 2x2 was ordered and I solved that under 3 minutes after opening the package. Since I was disappointed after that, I searched on google looking for some new puzzles and came across Twisty Puzzles.

I don't build puzzles but I am interested in doing some "easy" modifications (Super Square-1 to Star Prisms & Dodecagonal, Fisher's Cube).

I have 7 puzzles now and about 10 different types on order for future solve attempts. I don't think they are worth anything since all of them are easy to semi-hard to find puzzles.

I stick to twisty puzzle types because they are a little more than a single type brain teaser puzzle. With the brain teaser types, once you see how it works there is no other way to see it - for myself anyways.

Original Rubik's Cube by Ideal Toy. That was the first one I ever had and the color is White opposite Blue, Yellow opposite Green, Orange opposite Red. Something about that color orientation makes everything else look "wrong" - 3x3 speaking.

12-Color Pyraminx Crystal I have on order since it cost the most.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
My answered are based on what I have within reach at the time of posting.
a) Rubik's Professor since it gives me that "wow I did that" feel when I solve it.
b) 12-Color Megaminx since it look intimidating just sitting there in it's solved state - waiting to get to it.
c) Rubk's Cube since it's the one that I've know most of my life.
d) Super Square-1 since in it's cube forum it looks easy enough but when shape shifted it's "how did I do that again?" time.

RC cars & trucks (mainly Tamiya because they are kits that need to be put together), started getting into RC helicopters - more challenging and requires less space than an airplane. Im a self taught / still learning CNC machinist (fell into the career then took night classes when I could and read a lot of Industrial Press books on the subject), looking into AutoCAD training for a solid foundation of CAD/CAM.

I am originally from the United States and moved to the Netherlands in 2002 since the wife is from there. I still haven't learned the languge - only able to pick out a few words here and there from listening to conversation (I need Dutch friends :shock: )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:54 am 

14, United Kingdom, Student, Don't have one.

My current main interest is solving, however I purchase a lot of puzzles and can build custom cubes when I want to.

I started doing the rubiks cube 3 years ago, but lost touch when I got a book on how to code in Java, as recently as 4 months ago I got back into it, got a speedcube and my times are better than ever :P

Built: 3x3x5 Fully Functional
Projects: 1x2x3, Hexagonal Prism mod (you'll see!), 3x3x2 Domino and a 3x3x1 (yes I'm attempting it :P)

I have more than 30 puzzles in my collection, I assume it's worth 220+ pounds.

I try to collect twisty puzzles (cubes, spheres and different shapes) however if I see a rare one like a clock or something like that, I do tend to get it :P

It'd either have to be my first 3x3x3 as I learned a few solutions on it, or my Rubik's Clock as it has original packaging and the papers that come with it (Thanks to my dad's friend, who jsut had it in his attic or years!)

Rubik's Clock: Original Packaging, Papers and it's in NM condition :P

a) My Hungarian Globe, no solutions are openly available and I just love solving it (I've only solved it once)
b) My Platypus, I've got a cards version (suits and letters)
c) My 3x3x3 Speedcube from puzl.co.uk is the best as it turns smooth and glides effortlessly.
d) V-Cube 6x6x6, simply because of the amount of moving pieces!
e) Megaminx, just love the shape!

Coding software, websites, games and just playing general sports!

I'm reintroducing the cube back into my school, teaching kids how to do it and basically showing off (I should of taken a picture of their faces when they seen my Square-1 or Megaminx :P I am also trying to attend the UK Open soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:40 pm 

I am 20 years old, I work at Butchers Shop, I'm also a student. My eBay ID is WizardJenkins.

My main interest in puzzles is solving, though I am trying to expand my collection as well. I've also recently come to be interested in puzzle modification.

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the
field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?

I first started learning how to solve the cube in my Freshman year of High School 7 years ago. Every few months I put my puzzles away on a shelf and forget about them for a while, but I always end up coming back to them, with a renewed excitement for solving them.

I've only built one puzzle so far, an extended 3x3x5, but I am very happy with the way it turned out. After a few minor adjustments to the alignment of pieces, and stickering it with Cubesmith textured tiles. It's all due to Apollo (who is a member of this forum) he was very helpful in answering all of my questions about how to go about it. I don't have any current projects, but I am interested in trying some sort of Siamese 3x3.

My collection is very small, I've only got 12 puzzles. I don't imagine that they would be worth too much, because I've done too much to them. I have an original Square-1, but the stickers were in really bad shape, so I restickered it, and when I first got it, I took it apart and broke the core, which I superglued back together, it still works pretty well, but, it's not the same. I would estimate that altogether I could probably manage to get $100.00, but, it wouldn't really be worth it to sell them.

I mainly collect twisty cubic puzzles, with my favourite puzzles being 3x3 shape modifications, that solve the same way, but look more complicated. I try to avoid electronic puzzles, and I don't buy them for myself, but if someone gives them to me, then I keep them.

I think that one with the most sentimental value for me is my 3x3x5 extended that I made, because it was a first for me.

My Void Cube would probably have the most value on eBay, even though I restickered it.

A) My favourite puzzle for solving is my Rubik's Magic, because it's fast, and little kids have a lot of fun seeing the rings go from being unconnected, to connected.
B) Appearance wise my favourite puzzle is the Void Cube, because I haven't taken it apart, so it still hold a little mystery for me.
C) My Pyraminx is my favourite puzzle feel wise, because mine is getting older, and turns nicely.
D) Complexity wise my favourite is the Gordian's Knot puzzle, and while it is not a Twisty Puzzle, it is a big pain to take it apart and put it back together, and as such, I've only done it once, with the help of the booklet.
E) Other than that, I like the way the Square-1 shape shifts.

My other Hobbies are listening to music, reading, movies, all the usual things.

I enjoy going to school, and learning new things. Since I started college in 2006, school is one of my favourite parts of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:17 pm 

I am 19 and I live in Pennsylvania. I am a cashier at a coffee/bagel place, and I make coffee drinks for people. Nothing glamorous, but it pays the bills and slowly helps me buy more twisty puzzles.

Right now I am collecting puzzles and figuring out how to solve them as I get them. I am really interested in building though. I love seeing the beautiful puzzles some members here make and I hope I can build quality puzzles someday. I have been looking into buying supplies recently and I'll see what happens from there.

My grandparents had one of the rubik's cubes from when they first came out, I used to play with it all the time when I was little. They gave it to me at one point and I forgot about it for a long time. I was out one day and saw someone with a 5x5 in a checker board pattern and I was amazed. It took me a little after I saw that person but I eventually found my old cube and found out how to solve it and have been hooked ever since. That was like a year ago.

Nothing yet, but I'm looking into starting soon.

I ordered alot of puzzles with the money I got for xmas. When they get here I will have 23 puzzles. Not sure of it's worth.

Whatever twisty puzzles really appeal to me I guess. But I'm finding that more and more appeal to me over time. So at this point I'll just say that I'll end up collecting any twisty puzzles I can. I do have some wooden assembly puzzles. I like them but I don't really plan on collecting them.

Probably my old cube that my grandparents gave to me. My first cube that I used to watch random people in my family "solve one side" of. Even though looking back now I know that the side they solved was completely wrong. It's really beat up now and a peice of plastic is missing from the blue side.

My V-cubes and my pyraminx crystal.

A) As on right now... probably my 7X7.
B) DLitwin's Kilominx. I love it.
C) I love the way eastsheens feel.
D) Square 1 I guess.
E) I love the Rubik's necklace... and I would probably love any other really small version of a twisty puzzle.

Computers, origami... And I guess they aren't a hobby, but they certainly take up alot of my time, my pets. I have an iguana, a tarantula, 5 hermit crabs, a rat, a mouse, and 2 gold fish.

Not much I can think of right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:30 am 

(1) Age, location, profession, eBay ID?
21, The Netherlands, Webdeveloper

Solving :)

I have been solving since half a year...i got lost whilst trying this at my grandma's place when i was 8 years old. I cannot tell you 13 years of story. Sorry :D

Nope

I think now, about $200 or $300

No boundaries, but puzzles that are rather normal. Megaminx, rubik's, vcubes stuff like that. No tetahedrapyragegogigamaxilimposurpawoopiecube's :)

My first 3x3x3, my little brother is entering the cube world with that now :D

V-Cube 7x7 ? :P

a) 3x3x3
b) V-Cube 7x7x7 White
c) My white 3x3x3 Type A
d) 4x4x4
e) Megaminx, because it only LOOKS complicated :P

Pc's, building PC's, building websites...developing websites. Mostly scripting (which is also applied in the cube world), playing guitar, my iphone :D and alot more

I love my tatt!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:26 am 

-New Zealand
-Student
-No Ebay

Solving and collecting, and i am trying to get into building.

About a year.

I am trying my first build, a 1x2x3

about 25-35, worth mabye around NZL$600

All twisty puzzles, put together puzzles, pretty much anything like that.

My Skewb and clear Square-1. They were my first imported puzzles, and my first non(even, e.g. a square-1 being uneven) face turning puzzles.

My original 3x3x3, 4x4x4 or my original tomy pyraminx

a) 3x3, square-1
b) skewb, square-1
c) square-1 takes the cake again!
d) I was going to say square-1 for this too... mabye 5x5x5 or something?
e) pyraminx skewb and... i dont even need to say it.

Hmm... I do a little bit of programming, HTML, etc. I play violin and Trumpet properly, and in my spare time, when im not puzzling, i like to play guitar, keyboard, and sleep and eat. :lol:

I Live in the same city as Matt S. (Drizzle)

Bye :solved: :mrgreen:

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Squiggle is such a funny word to say out loud. Squiggle! :lol:

I am with Frank's Family

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 am 

18, Wauseon Ohio, jgin1314

At first it was about collecting and solving. Now its about building and solving.

I have beed solving for about 2 years, collecting sence the v-cubes came out, and building for 2 weeks.

I have built the 3x4x5 shape shifting mod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV97AtA1ldo
And the x-box. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_RJGXq3Cpg
and my current project is the Ruby Cube
video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLhzG6Ylpbg
video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8AWv38D7k
video 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhW-YYUeRgI
video 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LgAAFEsFqo
video 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS2ATxTjis0
video 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5W35USS6to

Not many. 1x1 2x2 3x3 4x4 5x5 square-1 3x5x7 x-box ruby cube and a ufo. sold my 6x6 and 7x7

I collect twisty puzzles, but I don't like sliding tile puzzles.

My 3x5x7 because its the only one in the world.

The 3x5x7?

a) my 3x3 speed cube (also my answer for c)
b) Ruby cube when it is finished. Hopefully today.
d) 3x5x7 hands down.

I play an internet game from flashflashrevolution.com

Ummm... I'm asian and I have never used the shift key under the enter key. I was a competitive dancer in a group in my highschool & in 2007 we got first in catagory in NYC which is were I got the hoodie that I wear in most of my youtube videos.

Last edited by Shua on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:42 pm 

18, PA, Student

Mostly collecting. I got into speedsolving for a little bit, but that's died down lately.

Ever since I got my first Rubik's Cube..which was the 25th anniversary one. That would make this the 3rd-4th year I guess.

N/A

(goes to count) ..Around 16 or so. I have no idea how much it's worth. Hopefully a lot if I ever end up selling it on eBay. lol

Mainly DIY 3x3's. I used to buy a new puzzle every time I figured one out. So after mastering the 3x3, I got the 4x4, and then the 5x5. The 6x6-7x7 was too much for my budget.

25th Anniversary Cube from Toy's R Us, just because it's the first one. The transparent one is also a favorite of mine, even if it pops every 3 solves..

Possibly my Rubik's Studio. Then again, I bought it off eBay used..but I did clean it out (and I will admit, it was pretty gross). I also restickered the fluorescent orange side with Cubesmith's fluorescent orange. The original white side is still there though, logo included. All in all, it's still probably worth less then 20 bucks. All that for nothing! :P

Solving - 3x3
A: White Type D/Rubiks' 25th
B: Transparent
C: White Type A
D: Eastsheen 5x5
E: They are all equally unique.

Art/drawing, playing/learning new music, technology, adventurous sports, economics, traveling, ..watching Lifetime Original Movies. :)

- I'm going to major in graphic design at university mid-2009.
- I collect rubber ducks, and currently own over 200 of them. It's alotta yellow. :mrgreen:

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 am 

Hello everybody! It's a pleasure to be here. Thank you.

Too old compare to most replies here, Boston (from Russia originally), software, easy to guess.

Definetly solving, and mayy be teaching to solve people who want it.

For 15 years I did not solve anything new, then I get Square-1 in 2001, spent 3 months trying to solve it, was hit by parity problem, found answer to it at Jaap's site, and get hooked back again.

It's too hard for me. I can only glue parts back :)

About 20, I guess. I think by the time I want to sell anything it will be so overused and old that it'll be close to 0 ...

I go by the difficulty and try to buy only different puzzles, if it's not a challenge to solve, I can live without it, and I try not to overspend. Normally, I'm not going to get a new one until I done with the current one.

Probably Crossteaser, it's the only one I was not able to teach anybody how to solve and I'm not sure how I do it myself, and the main idea so simple that it's hard to believe that it's so hard (I hope it makes sense) :) . Otherwise I prefer puzzles with axes.

I have no idea and don't care for now, but my guess is not much.

Generally the new one, until I get the next one :), but I do come back to all of them ...

I love books, animation, and also math puzzles any level that I can solve ...

Everything else is very dull :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 am 

17, Boulder, Co, Student

I love every puzzle I can get my hands on: twisty, reassembly, shapeshifting, one open space (such as 15 puzzle, etc)

I started out with just a stiff (but now fast) Rubik's cube and a 15 Puzzle. In about 5 minutes the 15 Puzzle was done (then moved on to the Babylon Tower), and in 4 hours the Rubik's Cube was done. I can share my solution sometime.

Siamese Cube, 2x2x3, no corners, etc. nothing really

All 2-7, Sudokube, Word cube, babylon tower, 15 puzzle, magics, twist, Barrel Assembly, Rubik's Quad, Minxes. I would put a price as only $750 with one small exeption (see #7).

I have never been stumped to look up the answer. Go ahead! Challenge me. I have ever failed.

My 7x7x7 is my most prized. Not for the size, but because I got it directly after beating the 3x3x3 (so I'm fairly new to puzzles compared to everyone else here, but I have experience). I did not look up the answer. I did solve it in 4 days, after being told, no more or no less, "You make it into a 3x3x3. Then you can solve it." My 7x7x7 has no lube, no speeding up, and I have broken 7 minutes.

My 2x2x2-2x2x2-3x3x3-3x3x3-4x4x4-4x4x4-5x5x5-5x5x5 Siamese Cube. Thats 2 2x2s, 2 3x3s, 2 4x4s, and 2 5x5s. In one Siamese. That's a huge price.

See #7

I currently have a record of -2 notes on TTFAF.

Last edited by Ender Delphiki on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:47 pm 

im 17 years old, live in Uppsala, Sweden, an im still studyin at school....

solving and building

i solved tha 3x3 for the first time 20th of may 2007. but it really started when i got a 4x4 on my 17th birthday.
my fist build was a 1x1x2 made the 30th of october 2008

finished projects:
1x1x2 wooden
1x2x3 wooden
1x2x3 wooden
1x1x1
1x1x2 (cristmas present for a cousin)
fisher cube

work in progress:
1x2x5 (masters made by hand)

14. and because some are built i cant say the prize.

i collect cubes, cubiods and transformations
and avoid twisty puzzles like the magic and snake.

my fitst 1x2x3. because it was the firts wirking cuboid i made (the 1x1x2 doesnt count...)

dunno.

a) v-cube 5
b) v-cube 7
c) fisher cube
d) fisher cube
e) my 2nd 1x2x3

im a computer freak :D and make music, games, 3d, and other design and editing.
and i allso ride snowboard.

sweden is a hell for cubing...
you cant allmost not find anything else than the 18$ 3x3 cube...
and for building materials there is nothing.........

Swedish cuber/builder

my epic 1x2x5

My super awesome website :D
http://www.olzcubez.tk/ - down for the moment...

http://www.youtube.com/user/olz91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:34 pm 

-I'm 16 and live in Virginia. I have no Ebay ID.

-I enjoy solving, collecting, building, and higher order puzzles.

-I was introduced to twisty puzzles by my 9th grade study hall teacher. I am currently in the 11th grade and I have begun making a collection. I have also started a "revoution" if you will, here in my county in Virginia. I used to be the only one who could be solving a Rubik's cube. Now, there are at least 2-3 people in any of my classes who also have picked it up. Their friends also have started solving Rubik's cubes. It's comforting to knowing that I started it all :D

-I am currently working on a Fisher Cube. My budget is pretty low, so it's taking me a while to come into the materials that I need.

-Right now I only have 3 puzzles in my collection. I would estimate that my collection is worth about $100.

-I am more of a "standard cube" and "minx" person. I can't say that I'm a BIG fan of all these crazy puzzles that some people come up with (no offense intended), but it makes them happy, so a congradulations to them is always in order.

- I would have to say my V-Cube 7 would have to be my favorite. It's just nice to sit back and solve this puzzle without trying to do it for speed. Having to solve a puzzle through thinking is much more fun than just having algorithms memorized to solve it.

-I have no Ebay account.

-Like I said above, my V-Cube 7.

-Yes, infact I do. My one MAIN hobby is Military Rifle Exhibition Drill (RXD). Military RXD is extremely dangerous. Especially when you put a 10-inch steel bayonet on the end of your rifle. I am soon to be a member of the world's greatest drill team New Guard America (NGA). They perform locally and internationally all year around. More information can be found at http://www.newguardusa.com
I highly recommed that you check out the video section of the team's practices and performances. You will then see why they are considered to be the worlds best.

No, not really, but if you would like to know more, I'm just a PM away :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:26 am 

Hi all,

Here's mine :D

45, location the Netherlands, owner of a 3D Printing Service (FDM).

I most like all the nice technologies between the different puzzles.

Discovering new technologies i already do for about 20 years.

I have build a few different puzzles now from free files of this forum.

Only a few puzzles because building puzzles i quite new for me.

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you
avoid?
I want to collect puzzles that work with different internal technologies.

Well.... the old Rubik Cube is still my favorite because it remembers me to the time i was young :D

I don't know yet.

Complexity.

Yes, photography and cumputers.

This i a very nice forum with al lot of wonderful information about puzzles :D :D :D

Cheers,
Eric :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am 

14, Massachusetts in the USofA :D

Mostly solving, but some collecting, and hopefully building eventually

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the

I've been 'cubing since May 20th, 2008

Right now I'm a very minuscule amount of the way through a octagonal barrel 3x3x3 mod. But I'm too lazy to finish it right now :roll:

Pfff... I haven't counted in a while... Its worth? Somewhere over $200; $20 puzzles add up :shock:

Absolutely no boundaries other than price range. And they have to be twisty

Hmm... Probably my first 3x3x3 for "obvious" reasons.

Meffert's Minx probably.

3x3x3 | Square-1 | 5x5x5 | 20x20x20 (barely a fraction of the way through it...) | Megaminx, because it's impressive to non-'cubers.

Any sport that involves a ball. Martial arts, I have a Black Belt in American Kenpo, and am well on my way to a first degree in Tang So Do.

Nothing you guys would be interested in :lol:.

f
Will you join the Rebelution?
The teenage rebellion against low expectations.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 pm 

17, Kansas, student and hopeful for a part time job, mfull333

Mainly solvning until 3 months ago when I started moding, I would not say I am a collector per say, but I always like to expand my collection.

I've been cubing since May 27th, 2007

I have built a Fisher cube and a Master Cuboctahedron which were both filled poorly with spakle. That will change soon as I just ordered some Apoxie Sculpt.

Probably just over 20. Around 300-400 dollars.

My main restriction is the fact I have no steady money flow. And I mainly go for twisty puzzles (obviously).

My first 3x3 has the most sentimental value.

Probably my V-7 ot Master Cuboctahedron.

a) 4x4x4 b) V-7 c) Type A DIY d) I don't have many complex puzzles, that will be my next adventure e) 3x3x3 because of the memories. :)

I love to play rec sports and I play golf competetivley. I like the beach and daytrips with friends.

I always answer this question "I solve Rubik's cubes", but thats not really impresive here. So not much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 am 

1) I am 14, live in the USA (eastern coast), am a student in middle school, and don't have an eBay ID, I use my dad's.
2) For the most part, I like solving, but I would like to get into modding if I can get SOME skills, and like collecting.
3) February actually marked 1 year on my knowing how to solve a 3x3x3 Rubik's cube,
4) I'm currently planning on buying 2 master magics and making an ultra master magic (I believe it was called) and a 2x2 magic out of it. :D
5) I have about 20 puzzles in my collection, varying from a v7 to a square-1, to a keychain 2x2, nothing is particularly special and none are mods. Yet.
6) I really don't have many boundaries except for puzzles that aren't twisty with stickers (ex. UFO is out, maybe not tower of Babel though, I like that one) and aren't magic-like. I'd like to have a magic in my collection, which I don't already, and barely learned to use.
7) N/A
8) At the moment, I think my v7 would. It's the most expensive thing I have. :P
9)
    a) I like a Walmart unstickered Type A DIY sudoku cube which was only $8 and sold to me by SaiyanKirby. I was surprised Walmart carried DIY cubes... and they don't advertise them as so.
    b) The same cube as before, since it's the only one tiled, even though I don't like white cubes, and would rather have a black one...
    c) Again, the same cube if I can get the tension right, which 90% I can't. It moves extremely quick and cuts corners good if set perfectly.
    d) I like my v7. It takes me a while to do, and people see me solve it in free times during school throughout the day and are speechless. I hate edge pairing >.<
10) I like playing Guitar Hero (can 4* TTFAF expert), am learning to play the REAL guitar, and like anything with computers and can script in intermediate (just can't do networks and sockets) mIRC, very well with TI-BASIC, and can do basic HTML to make a nubbish site.
11) Yeah, that I am relatively bad at speedsolving and can only solve a Rubik's cube in 45 seconds avg, and a 7x7 in an estimated 50 minutes. Never timed. I know Fredrich F2L (intuitive), Layer, and Keyhole "F2L". I can two look OLL and PLL.

I think I overdid that...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:41 pm 

13, MN, computer geek, mmer3484
All 3
A couple months solving, again a couple months collecting, and building about 1 month.
I have built in order of building date: 3x4x5 extended, 1x1, wall cube, 3x3x5 extended, and right now I am building a half truncated cube, and octagon barrel cube.
18 twisty puzzles, and worth no idea.
I don't like puzzles that aren't either white or black. Ex: Orange diy type d
Pyraminx, I don't know why i just love solving it!
Octagon barrel, or half truncated cube.
a. Pyraminx, b. wall cube, c. 3x3 with textured tiles, d megaminx
Baseball, drums, other sports
Not really.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:34 am 

16, Judendorf / AUSTRIA, student, guegugl
Building and solving.
Solving for half a year, then about 3 month building and solving. Now after 1 and a half years I am building and solving again :D
I have built 3x3x4 (ff), 3x3x5(ff), Trajbers Octahedron, Icosaminx, Truncated Faceturning Octahedron, 1x2x3 Cylinder, 1x2x3 Fisher cube (just the more popular ones)
Just 5 haha. I modded everything. I just have one 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5 and Megaminx^^
I love black puzzles and hate colours like green.
3x3x3 because it is fast and fun :D
Icosaminx
a. 3x3x4, b. MM, c. 3x3 , d. 3x3x4
Skateboarding
No^^

MO3: 1:02.60
Avg of 12: 1:08.17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:10 pm 

33 / Atlanta, GA, USA / IT Worker / blizzard_kb

Collecting.

I got a Rubik’s Cube and Pyraminx in the early 80’s, then lost them and lost interest. Found rubiks.com in 2003 and picked up 16 puzzles, thought Rubik's website was all there was and faded away again. Found some YouTube videos of twisty puzzle collections in mid/late 2008, and started collecting again in Nov. 2008. All the twisty puzzles I have (minus the 16 puzzles 2003) were acquired from Nov. 2008 on.

I do not build puzzles.

I have 444 twisty/rotation/sliding puzzles, and 40 puzzles of other types (Rush Hour, put-together, etc.). How much is the collection worth? A lot! :)

I collect all mass-produced twisty puzzles (Rubik’s 3x3x3, etc.) and sliding/rotation puzzles (Fifteen puzzle, etc.).
I have many sticker mods, but only seek them out when they either hit upon my related interests (Peanuts, Scarface, etc.) or make the twisty puzzle more/less complicated (Maze stickers, Shepherd stickers, etc.).
I have a couple of custom-made puzzles, but they have to be SIGNIFICANTLY different from what I’ve seen before (DRD, Elemental:Neon, etc.) for me to take interest.
I have a fair number of mass-produced puzzles that don’t count as twisty puzzles at all, but are based upon a unique idea. This is a gray area for me – If I like the idea, I’ll get it. Examples include Writer’s Block (click pen puzzle), Rush Hour (board game), and You & Einstein (mirrors).
I have accumulated a few put-together puzzles, but found they were not my cup of tea. I have two metal put-together puzzles and several plastic ones, which is about enough for me.
I avoid wooden puzzles like the plague.

My solving skills are pitiful. As of April 2009, I can solve a regular 3x3x3 and 2x2x2 – and that’s it! I still use the solution method from the book “A Simple Solution to Rubik’s Cube” by James G. Nourse that I learned in the mid 80’s.
Because of the above, my favorite is my oldest Rubik’s-brand 3x3x3, because it’s the most complicated twisty puzzle I can solve! :)

Either my Dino-Rhombic-Dodecahedron (DRD) or my Rubik’s Cheese.

a) 3x3x3
b) Pyraminx Crystal
c) Platypus
d) V-Cube 7x7x7
e) 3x3x3 Lego Tiles Mod. So simple, yet it’s my favorite mod.

I’m a gamer. I’ve owned a Game Boy, SNES, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, Xbox and PS2. I still have the Jaguar (for Tempest 2000), Xbox and PS2, but have no Xbox Live. :( I have a PC as well. I like Half-Life (it raised the FPS bar for everyone), and I play Guitar Hero, but I love arcade racing games the most. My favorite game is Burnout 3: Takedown. The impulse for “Just one more race!” is overwhelming at times.
I also have an extensive comic book collection. I have full runs of Miracleman (including #15), Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children, and Cerebus, among other things. I tend towards indie stuff, but can still enjoy well-written mainstream stuff as well. My favorite mainstream series is Lobo (FRAGAFRAGAFRAG!!!), and my favorite indie is Cerebus – it’s made me think about my view of the world more than any other book (other than the Bible) I’ve ever read. The parodies of famous people/characters are spot on and hilarious, and the lettering is out-of-this-world great as well. I have a strange fixation on “Who’s Who” collections as well, because they delve into the obscure characters that only a mother could love. Turner D. Century, anyone? :)

I like a wide range of musical genres, from indie rock to 80’s music to classical. I had season tickets for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra at one time, and still go whenever I can. I like choral music, but opera leaves me cold, strangely.
I am the main musician (piano/organ/keyboard) for my church (Christian Brethren), and am an assistant choir director as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:57 pm 

15, Saskatchewan, Highschool student?,NA

Solving, collecting and building :D...

Collecting- 1 month
Solving- about a year
Building- 2 months

Built: Siamese, 3x3x5 extended, Cross cube (BEFORE I KNEW SOMEONE ELSE DID IT!)
Current: Gigaminx, 3x3x5 FF, 5 layer Puck Puzzle and 6 layer Puck puzzle

Lol 6 XD. umm $100.. That's all :(..

I collect all!

Megaminx- Christmas gift :P...

Not sure..

a) 3x3x3
b) 7x7x7
c) Puck Puzzle
d) Petaminx
e) ---
Computer programming, yoyo, Chess, math (YEAS! :O), ummm... No more :P...

My name is Keith Daniel James Joseph Lyle David --NamesPetra
Its shortened to Keith Daniel Petro :D..
the -- is for two more middle names I am too lazy to type XD...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:55 pm 

1) I'm 13, live in Michigan, and right now I'm just a student.
2) My main interest with puzzles right now is building, since solving is so repetitive.
3) I first learned how to solve a 3x3 last summer, and I got into building just about a month ago. What happened was recently I got addicted to the 3x3 and decided to learn about proper puzzle lubrication. Inevitably, I learned about mods and since I've always been great with building things I decided to try it out.
4) Right now the only puzzles I've built are a Bandage Cube and a 1x1. Right now I'm nearly done with a Fisher Cube and when I'm done with that I'm going to make a 3x3x3 Evil Twin.
5) Only five right now, with three of them being 3x3s.
6) Right now I'm mainly into modding the 3x3 puzzle but I'm not really limiting my collection to anything. Over the summer I'm planning on getting many more different types of puzzles.
7) One of my 3x3s I won at a raffle last summer at my overnight programming camp. It has the camp logo on the white side which always reminds me of those days so along with my first cube I'll never mod it.
8) It's kinda pathetic but my bandage cube probably would.
9) I haven't really used enough puzzles to make a fair judgement for my favorite puzzle.
10) I like drawing, am pretty good at spriting and other computer graphics, legos, programming, robotics, and video games.
11) Last year I got first place at Robofest for Robosumo.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm 

1) Age, location, profession, eBay ID? 16 I work at in the food service industy.(Wendys)No ebay id
2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?Solving ,getting into building,collecting is too expensive for me
3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in? 2008 January or so
4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?Working on a 2x2x4 and a half truncated cube
5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth? 7 170 dollars or so(the value at which i bought the puzzles)
6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?Twisty only .For some reason people love to buy the metal ring type puzzles,I hate metal ring puzzles :?
7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why?The 7 first present from my step dad I accepted graciously
8) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?The 7x7
9) What is your favorite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons. 4x4x4,4x4x4 I like my 3s feel,complexity the 7
10) Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies?Ddr, most extreme sports, and motor sports, water sports ,trampolines
11) Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?Ever since i started cubing it feels unnatural to not have a cube when i'm sitting in a room example- waiting room.I am a outgoing person who will do almost anything once

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 pm 

Im 14-15 years old, i live in greece and im a high school student, i dont have an ebay ID.

Solving ftw. I hope i will make some puzzles soon tho.

If you mean how long i am interested in puzzles, its about 4 months :)

Ohh...i havent any, and id like tips on how plz :)

I have not many puzzles, here they are:

~ 2x2 Original Rubiks Storebought
~ 3x3 Storebought
~ 5x5 Proffesor storebought
~ 5x5 V-cube storebought
~ 6x6 V-cube storebought
~ 7x7 V-cube storebought

It worth(ed) about 120 Euros

Which one i own are above, which puzzles i avoid, none rly.

The 3x3, medium in difficulity. 2x2 is rly easy, 5x5 too hard (I dont own 4x4, will get one soon YAY!)

the 3x3 IMO :solved:

a) 3x3, for same reasons at 7.
b) V-cube 7, white is greeeeeeeat and pellow shape is sexy.
c) V-cubes, i love the moving of them
d) 5x5 Vc, im so close to solve it but i cant :P
e) 2x2, so tiny, so cute and i hold my best record ever with it :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbul

http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbul

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 pm 

Well, I have just joined, but already taken the time to post a little, been going over the site for about a week, and talked to several members outside of the site and inside of it, but I believe I should post regardless.

I am 14(15 very soon), I live in Kokomo, Indiana(USA). I work under the table lifting boxes and tubs at a cookie company.

I am a collector. Solving is not my strong suit although I do enjoy solving easier puzzles on occasions. Building is not something I do, but I respect it and look to getting my hands on any and every custom puzzle I can afford and like.

Well, I have been doing it for several years, but haven't really dived into it hardcore until about this last month.

Like I mentioned, I do not build. But if you do and have a puzzle or 2 laying around that is decent quality and you can let go of cheap enough, please hit me up on aim or email! (AIM: fm54ffr) (Email: funnymonkey54@gmail.com)

Well, it is small but growing!

3x3x3 Rubik's Cube
3x3x3 Rubik's Icon
3x3x3 White Wall Rubik's Cube
4x4x4x Rubik's Cube

Puzzle Ball (Assembles/Disassembles as opposed to twisting. It is still relevant in my opinion)
2x2x2 Eastsheen Double
2x2x2 Eastsheen Triple
2x2x2 Eastsheen Quad
3x3x5 Cube
3x3x3 Void Cube
5x5x5 Extended Cube (3x3 Extensions)
Pyraminx

If I had to estimate the overall value, I would put it at 100-150 USD. Maybe more, maybe less. Just a rough estimate though.

I really prefer cubic puzzles although star puzzles and some others I would greatly like to add to my collection. I am not much of a fan for sliding, moving ball, or link puzzles.

Hmm. This is a touch decision. I would have to go with my Eastsheen 2x2x2 double, triple, and quad set though. They are the first purchase I made as a step towards really collecting. Before I wasn't too serious about it other than something here or there that was basic, but these kind of set a spark in my collecting!

Either the assembling ball or the Eastsheen 2x2x2 set. It would honestly depend on whether or not someone was interested in the ball or not because it could go for nothing or a lot. It really just depends!

a) My puzzle ball. I take pride in being able to solve it fast and well.
b) Definitely my 2x2x2 Eastsheen Quad. It honestly just looks cool. Although this one might change with some new purchases.
c) My Rubik's Icon turns with such ease. I love to just turn it for fun. It is actually soothing.
d) The 4x4x4 although simple to some is difficult to many many more! A lot of people surprisingly have not heard of it and I can impress an extra person or two on occasions.

Soccer is quite fun along with FFR(flashflashrevolution.com). These are my main hobbies apart from cubing.

Well, not at the moment although this might change eventually! Collecting is kind of ricking my world for the time being and I really want to get my collection off to a good start. Limited funds is making this hard at times but I am not doing too shabby of a job in my opinion. Only time will tell where this hobby takes me, but this is one of my stops. =)

Last edited by funmonkey54 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:10 pm 

Alright, I have been a member for a month or so, but I have stayed in the shadows and haven't really posted much.
I am 14 years old and live in Indianapolis, IN. I do not currently have job other than lawn-mowing and a little babysitting. I use my dad's ebay ID.

My main interest is collecting and speedsolving. Building is something I have not tried yet, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I began my obsession with twisty puzzles when I was given a Rubik's Cube for christmas last year. I looked up ways to solve it on the internet and I have been hooked ever since. I have never gone a day without at least one solve, and constantly have a cube on my person.
I have not built anything yet, but I plan on making a siamese cube, 3x3x4 fully functional, and other mods after I get the tools.
I have a good amount, nothing really rare or anything. I have: Ice Cube, ES 2x2x2, ES 2x2x2 keychain, Rubik's 3x3x3, Type A 3x3x3, Type C 3x3x3, Type D 3x3x3, Type E 3x3x3, Type F 3x3x3, M&M "people" cube,cuboctahedron(really just a chinese KO 3x3x3 with corners filed down to place logos), Cube4you black DIY, cube4you white DIY, Rubik's 4x4x4, Eastsheen 4x4x4, Mefferts 5x5x5, V5,V6,V7(v cubes are in the mail), x cube, pyraminx, mirror blocks(KO, unfortunately), chinaminx, square 1. value is roughly $330, but some have probably lost value.

As my username suggests, I go for anything twisty. :P

I have to go with my black cube4you DIY. it has taken so much abuse from solving and rude schoolmates.

My square 1 is original, but my v7 is expensive(not for me because of the sale :wink: )

a) 3x3x3. I just love it.
b) My pyraminx just looks cool, as well as my tiled mefferts 5x5x5.
c) I love the mefferts 5x5x5 because you can turn the inner layers with one fingere without moving the top layer, My type F is very smushy and fun.
d) Square 1 is the most complex because of the cubeshape stage.

I play huge amounts of tennis and golf, as well as intense piano

I just try to enjoy life and am going to the Indiana Open in July, I hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:11 pm 

I'm 18, in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm a cashier at a grocery store, but I'll be going to school for IT networking stuff in october. I really should get an eBay account, though, huh?

Mainly solving for me. I like building, but don't really have time or money to do it, and don't have the money to collect, so it's really mostly solving. :D

When I was young, I had a rubik's cube. Played with it, and ended up losing it. I got another one a year before my freshman year in highschool, and played around with it somemore, and ended up getting F2L without looking at any guides, but constantly stuck on the last layer. In my freshman year, a friend brought in a cube, so that night I looked up how to do the last layer, and taught them all. :D

I'd like to get started on a couple of things, but I need a new square-1 and another rubik's 4x4x4 first.

:: goes off to count :: 18, and around 15 or so small cheaper 3x3x3s from georges left. I'd estimate it at about $275 or a little more or less. I don't really know.

I have a few wooden puzzles, a burr puzzle, some take apart puzzle, hanayama cast puzzles, and my twisty puzzles. I want it all. :D

My Meffert's Pillowed Mastermorphix, because I bought it with my own money! My first puzzle that I bought with my own money! :D

Probably my ES 5x5x5.

Solving - 3x3x3 hands down. Mine turns like fried gold. It's so nice :D
Appearance - Pillowed mastermorphix or Cubedron. I -LOVE- how both of them look.
Feel - Again, my broken in 3x3x3.
Complexity - Hanayama Enigma. I still can't get that one apart. :( No hints, please!
Other reasons - My Cubedron. What other puzzle can I hand to other people and have them HAVE FUN scrambling a puzzle for me? I have to fight them to get it back!

I like to do a lot of computer stuff, and have a high interest in music.

I'm running out of time, I'll edit this in later :D

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:11 pm 

16, San Diego, Welder/Ironworker, and not ebay ID

My main Interest is between collecting and solving; I collect to solve.... I try and fine very rare and obscure puzzles and develop my own solution.

My cousin taught me the Rubik's cube about four years ago. After about a year my friend flipped an edge piece and it left me confused... I put it away for about 3 years and then I came back and addressed the simple problem... its been about a year since I am back into it, and it has become a nice hobby to do in my spare time

I am working on a half truncated cube in my garage. My main goal is to make some awesome cuboids such as the 3x3x4.

About 32 or so. I would say its worth about 500 dollars.

I mostly go for just twisty puzzles (exceptions would be the cubedron... I love that thing). I try and collect a lot of mefferts, types puzzles... those are my favorite.... and I tend to pray that some custom puzzles get produced. I tend to stay away from magics.... I am just not a big fan.... they intrigue me in no way whatsoever.

My rainbow masterball. I had one when I was little and lost it.... it required some hunting, but I got one back.

Probably my masterball, or turning face octahedron.... I could almost say my skewb ultimate as well.... they are becoming expensive.

a)My Skewb Ultimate, I made my own solution for it, that is the fastest I have seen anywhere; for that, I am very proud.
b)My golden cube or egg. They are the most beautiful puzzles I own.
c)My Skewb Ultimate
d)Morph egg, or pillowed mastermorphix.
e)My skewb Ultimate is my favorite puzzle so far that I own.

I box in amateur league fights about every two to three weeks. Boxing is my life. Being 6'5 and 260 pounds makes me well in the heavyweight division. I hope maybe one day I can become a professional boxer.

Something interesting about me is that I am a part time student and full time worker at 16. I got into a lot of trouble during my freshman year of high school and was expelled. I now attend a charter school and maintain classes during the weekend and hold up a full time job as an Iron Worker erecting and welding steel beams. What happened to me really changed my life and still have high hopes and chances at going to a decent college.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:18 pm 

1) 20,JACKSONVILLE,FL, ENTREPRENEUR, DONORCLAYPUZZLE

2) solving, building, collecting if i had more money lol

3) ive been doing the above for about a year and a half

4) MODS: berral cube, bandage cube, 2x2x6, wallcube, siamese cube, tetraminx, bandage 5x5x5,
builds, hexagonal domino, 3x3x4, gigaminx,
and my current project is a secret! :]
(will be shown within a week)!

5) v-cube 5, east. 5, gigaminx, 3 hex domino' 3x3x4, rubiks revolution, 2 magics, and about three hundred pieces from failed mods, --- maybe close to a 1500

6) any higher order puzzle,cuboids!!!, 3x3's, shape shifting puzzles almost anything twisty,
i avoid folding puzzles, jigsaws, some sliding puzzles.

7) ironically, my rubiks magic ( it was the first puzzle i ever ordered.

8) the hex domino's

9) the 3x3x4 is my overall favorite

10) music, drawing, china buffet, netflix, csi. and my lovely fiance!!!!!

11) i wear tight pants and have a girly haircut!!!!....what?!

THIS IS THE "WHO'S WHO?" OF CLAY

Clay: Barrel cube?...Why? It's such a Geometrical contradiction...I don't understand[/size]
Eva:?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:47 am 

35, Ellesmere Port, Currently unemployed Supply Teacher, heiowge

Solving, but love modding and collecting as well.

Been solving for 1 year ish. Got a cube back in the 80s. Never completed more than a side. My mum brought me a cube back from Ireland. My daughter took 2 minutes to scramble it. My wife said either stick it in a drawer or learn to solve the thing. The rest is history.

Borg cube, tactile cube, tardis cube, siamese cube, horror cube, bandaged cube, lego cube, and dice cube. No current projects (busted wrist).

Lost count. 24 twisty puzzles plus the 8 mods. Estimate... not sure. At least £200 - 300. Plus the mods.

Avoid jigsaw type puzzles, prohibitively expensive ones, cheap-looking ones and any without a decent solve guide! Just in case.

My rubiks magic. I used to have one in the 80s. I could solve it in 2.5 seconds ish (no accurate timers in those days). That was with the easier (longer) method. No-one knew about the other faster one then.

Either my v-cube 7 or one of my mods. Depends if Dr Who or Star Trek fans start a bidding war.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: .

a) solving - Square-1
b) appearance - V-cube 7 (just looks impressive)
c) feel - My Rubiks 3x3, DIY (d), Eastsheen 4x4 and V-cube 5. They all have cubesmith textured tiles. I love the feel.
d) complexity - Square-1
e) other reasons - My borg cube (it was my first mod)

Computers, especially Linux. Managing a forum (I am one of the site admins at http://rubiksmaster.com/ )

I once set fire to an abandoned film set and burned it to the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm 

Over 40. Structured Query Language support

Mainly collecting, but I like to solve from time to time.

Started with parents buying me puzzles back in the 80s and then got the puzzle 'bug' back a few years ago.

I'd guess close to 100 now. Value to me is priceless.

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid? I try collecting the rarer items now. It's so hard to do! I don't splurge on very expensive(over $100) puzzles.

7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why? Would it be bad to say all my puzzles are favorites?

8) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay? Probably the Dogics I got from Mefferts. I have puzzles that will be rarer as time goes by.

a. Pyraminx: Fun and easy to solve.
b. The USA Masterball
c. I like tiled puzzles a lot. For turning, Eastsheens and Dianshengs are ultra-smooth turning cubes.
d. Ten Billion Barrel
e. Pyraminx Crystal. A nice variation on the Megaminx. Rubik's Snake - Tons of shapes to make it into.

10) Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies? Making computer gaming videos and reading(currently on the Minotaur Wars trilogy by Richard Knaak).

11) Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share? I tend along the lines of being old-school and old-fashioned.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 pm 

17, London Ontario, Student, abdathom023

My main interest is building but currently I'm more of a collector.

I have been cubing for a year and a half.

I have built an octagon barrel, 2x2x6, white half truncated cube, and a mini 3x4x5 extended cube. I'm currently working on a white concussion cube, a white fisher's cube, and soon I will be starting on a white casted domino, and something else VERY big.....

About 55, and I estimate worth at about $700

To this point I have collected mainly just "cubic" cubes (i.e. 2x2-7x7), but now I'm moving into more cuboid puzzles, and puzzles with different mechs. such as skewbs, megaminx, ect.

Probably my 6x6 because it is the puzzle that I have put the most work into (besides my mods) as I have done the entire Pi mod on it.

Likely my modded 6x6... Maybe my skewb ultimate because I don't know if they sell those anymore.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity,
e) other reasons.

a)Mini 3x4x5 Cubie Chaos b)Skewb Ultimate c)Floppy Cube d)Square 1 e)2x2x6 (My first real mod)

Hockey, baseball, travelling, dirt biking, camping, gaming, computing, physics, calculus, roller coaster fiend :D

I'm basically your average 12th grade student, and next year I hope to begin pursuing a degree in engineering. My overall goal is to get a degree in mechatronics engineering (ever since I was a kid I wanted to design roller coasters, then I found out there is only like 4 legit roller coaster designers in the world, but I figured a degree in mechatronics is a good start :D)

http://www.youtube.com/user/336616

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:18 pm 

14, New Hampshire, student

a combination of all, but I want to get mostly into building and collecting

able to solve a 3x3 for about a year, but only seriously got into it about half a year ago

2x2x1, octagonal prism, 2-layer star prism and I am working on a fisher cube(very slowly)

Not sure, my collection is at my mom's house and I am posting from my dads, but I would guess about 20 puzzles with a total value of maybe $250 dollars?

I don't really avoid anything, it's really just getting the money to get puzzles.

probably my octagon barrel. It was my first rubik's cube and I transformed it into what it is now.

tie between v-cube 7 and 2 layer star prism.

I assume these are all my puzzles. a:3x3 of course b:v-cube 7 c:mirror blocks d:void cube e:2-layer star prism. I just like how it is so simple.

marching band, skiing, golf, gaming

not really :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:56 pm 

43, Menlo Park CA, AI researcher & software engineer, bobhearn

All three pretty equally. Well, solving is fun as mental exercise, but not as interesting as collecting or designing / building. (I'm not willing to put in the time to be a competitive speed solver.)

You want the whole story? OK. I started with the original Rubik's cube in 1980, when I was 15. I convinced myself at the time that it was effectively impossible to solve -- unlike the claim on the box (over 3 billion combinations) I worked out that the true number was in the quintillions, and that going through 1 per second, it would take longer than the age of the universe to step through them all. Therefore, impossible. Imagine my surprise when I solved it! (Total time spent, ~ 5 hours.) I got my average solving time down to 40 seconds. (I didn't look at anybody else's algorithms.) At one point I started writing a book on how to solve the cube, but the market became glutted, so I didn't finish it. Also I was invited to give a weekly tech talk at my Dad's company (Cities Service) on the Rubik's cube -- my first presentation, at 16 or so. I also gave a one-day solving workshop at a local game store.

For a while in the early 80s I was very into designing cube variants. Later I independently designed the Dino Cube, I think in 1987. I tried to convince Cristoph Bandelow (of Cristoph's Jewel) to produce it, but he wasn't interested. Still later I worked out how to also make it turn like a 2x2x2 (Adam's Super-X).

More recently I'd been under the impression that the world of Rubik's variants was pretty dead. I really had no idea that people were designing and building their own incredibly complicated twisties. Having discovered this, and the means to do so, I'm excited to finally jump back in, and start building stuff. Unfortunately for me, pretty much everything I ever designed has already been built!

I built a very flimsy 5x5x5 in 1981. And that, I think, is the last twisty puzzle I've physically built. I wrote a simulator on my Apple II for what's called the Halpern-Meier pyramid sometime in the early 80s. I have designed a few non-twisty puzzles and had them produced. Also I do iPhone apps -- you might have seen Subway Shuffle. It's kind of twisty-ish!

I've got some vague plans on new twisty stuff to build. But I'll probably start with a Dino Cube, to build up my skills, and to get it out of my system.

Several hundred; I don't have an exact count (mostly non-twisties; probably 50-60 twisties). Total worth is probably ~ $20,000 (heavily biased by the Berrocals).

I'm not especially fond of mazes, though I often make exceptions in the case of Oskar. Certainly my interest started with Rubik's cube. Probably the most in my collection by number would be interlocking wooden puzzles. I also really like anything that forces you to think outside the box -- the "aha" type of puzzle. Which actually can cut across most puzzle categories, though not typically twisties.

I will say also that I am completely uninterested in shape mods -- I don't see the point, except as an exercise in craftsmanship. A twisty puzzle is most elegant if its geometry reflects its true abstract structure. Ergo, a cube should be a cube! (That said, I did buy everything twisty available in the early 80s, including all the shape mods.)

Sentimental favorite would have to be the Rubik's cube. See above.

Berrocal's Richelieu. Probably worth ~ $6,000. I'd really like to have a Goliath (~$10K).

This is too hard for me to answer.

I'm a 2-dan go player. I have been quite into amateur astronomy, though I've let that lapse a bit (18" equatorial telescope is collecting dust). I play harpsichord. But mostly, for the past few years, running has been my predominant hobby by time spent. I've run 16 marathons (or longer) so far this year. The non-intellectual aspect of running bothers me, but it is addictive. (And they say it's good for your brain!)

My main claim to fame, I guess, is that I co-wrote ClarisWorks, and sold it to Claris, way back around '90. Unlike another poster here I don't use this forum as an escape from my software world -- my 15 minutes are long past. My heyday was before many of you were born.

I did my Ph.D at MIT. Most of my time there was working with Sussman and Minsky on AI. But in the end my thesis was about games and puzzles! It's now a book: http://www.amazon.com/Games-Puzzles-Com ... 1568813228

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 pm 

Hi,

Geoffroy, 42 years old, Brussels, Belgium

first: Solving alone, without formula, second: collecting.
Since I saw what you do and if I have time, maybe building

I play the cube since 1979. For a long time I have only 3x3x3, 4x4x4, pyraminx and million barrel. 15 years ago, I begin to buy puzzle on flea market and looking in every toyshop I met.

I will begin with Half Truncated Cube for mod and bandaged cube for playing.

I collect also other puzzles, maybe more than 1000. I can't estimate how much it's worth.

I stop to collect advertising puzzle, and I mainly look for twistypuzzle. For other puzzle, I stop also to buy variations.

defenitly the 4x4x4. For the 3x3x3 unfortunatly I have formula found in a comics magazine. With the 4x4x4, nothing, so I must resolve myself the parity problem (quiet long...) and learns me to resolve other twistypuzzles.

I don't know

In twistypuzzles I have
a) solving: 4x4x4
b) appearance: floppy cube
c) feel: skewb
d) complexity: square one
e) other reasons: 6x6x6; it's take more time, after a long day, it's cool. I wait for the 8x8x8

Games: Magic, Middle Earth ccg, Pirates of the spanish main ccg, wings of war (not the computer game)...

Yes, my english is definitly very poor, so be patient with me.
And I go for the first time at the Dutch Cube day this sunday.

EDIT: Ma langue maternelle est le français, and ik spreek ook een beetje nederlands

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:32 pm 

29, SI NY, Hard Worker, Mabaroo

Solving and collecting.

Well I bought a 3x3 Rubik's cube when I was about 10, and never solved it. Thou I tryed many times. So I decided to look for a video on youtube. This was maybe the end of summer 09'.

I made (not major) a 1x1x1, 1x1x2, 1x2x2 and 1x1x3.

My cubes are in my signature

LOL avoid the hard ones...

1x3x3...easy to carry :D

Tower cube I think.

I love solving my 3x3...

I love playing video games. I also collect dice. (over 2,000)

I'm not that interesting. Just me... :lol:

Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm 

im new, finally made an account that was approved after many attempts lol so i thought i would let everyone know who i am

16, NY longisland, school , greeneyeskater93shaun

all of those, id mod more if i have money

i got a cube in 6th grade and taught myself how to solve it using the guide it comes with (took about a month) and then i got a homer 2x2 head and it just took off and now im kinda running our of room lol

1x2x2 , octagon barrel , 3x4x4 extended , 1x1 pyramid thing , 1x2x2 pyramid kinda thing , 2x3 magic , hexagonal dipyramid diamond (broke an edge so i cant finish) and a fused cube (wip)

48-50 (idk if some count as puzzles)

sky's the limit lol i dont have alot of money so i dont bye custom built puzzles b/c the price

1st 3x3, id never get rid of it or mod it

golden cubes

9) What is your favorite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.

i guess id have to say my rubiks clock

i sleep and listen to music, thats about it lol

dont think so :?: lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 am 

Hey i finally got accepted to this amazing forum.
Im glad to be a part of this community :D

Im 16 and i live in sacramento,california.

I love to speedsolve and i love all of the new puzzles coming out lately by drew,olz,oscar,tony,ect... sorry i didnt state anymore.

Ive been speedsolving for about 2 years. i started one summer because i was bored. i went out and bought a rubiks cube from target and i found a tutorial by tyson mao. then i found out about speedcubing and puzzle builing.

ive only built one puzzle. it was a half-truncated 3x3.

I have around 30 puzzles. including 2 of those crappy cube4you gigaminx paperweights.lol

i usually buy 3x3-7x7 cubes(up to 11) and other shape variations like megaminx's and square-1. I DO NOT BUY KO'S and i dont support KO's.

My favorite puzzle in my collection is probably my black v-cube 5 because 5x5 is my favorite event.

my alexanders star.

a. mini type c 3x3
b. v-cube 7
c. v-cube 5
d. square-1

Yes music is my life. ive been playing piano for 10 years and ive just started guitar. some of my favorite bands are breathe carolina, bring me the horizon, all time low, mayday parade, he is we, kill paradise, silverstein, the maine, we the kings, watchout theres ghosts, you me at six, ect....

um i also like to skateboard, bmx, and skimboard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 am 

Another new member in the new year :)

1) Age, location, profession?
30 (soon to be 31) from Vienna, Austria and working in computer programming (self-employed).

I would say it's a good mix of all of those (as probably true for most of us). I like trying out new puzzles and I won't stop until I have solved them at least once. I'm not that much into speed solving, I'm happy enough with solving my 3x3x3 in under 3 minutes (still good enough to impress most people :lol: )
I recently got interested into building/modding.

It all started when I got a 4x4x4 for christmas 3 years ago and since then most of the presents I got for birthdays/xmas have been puzzles-related to keep increasing my collection.

My first mod (and what dragged me into puzzle modding) was a Square-2 from a Square-1, which still needs some finishing touches. (pictures)
At the moment I'm working on a Fisher's Cube, but that's only a first attempt from a really bad 3x3x3 which I'm not sorry to waste, trying out different kinds of methods for cutting and fillings to see what works best for me.

5) How many puzzles are in your collection?
At the moment I have 17 twisty puzzles. (picture)

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection?
I'm only interested in twisty puzzles. And I'm only looking to have one puzzle of each kind (no special stickered versions or different coloured variations). Only exception to this is if I have a really bad turning one, I might try to get one that is more fun to twist.

My 4x4x4 because it was the one that got me started, even though I don't use it that much anymore.

a) Megaminx/Gigaminx, in my opinion they are the most logical but also most intuitive for solving
b) Mirror Blocks Cube, it just looks awesome
c) my 5x5x5 turns really amazingly well
d) 1x3x3 floppy, so complex that it almost solves itself :lol:
3) The Void cube because I couldn't have imagined it to be possible.

Yes, actually I have quite a few.
One of my main hobbies is Origami (as you might see on my homepage).
Apart from that I'm also interested in Music (playing the guitar and the piano). I also read quite a lot and play computer games.

My twisty puzzles collection

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 pm 

Hi been browsing the forums for quite a time now and finally got accepted :D

1) I'm 13, and I'm in the USA, and i don't have a current profession.

2) I am not really a collector but i love to solve big cubes.

3) I've been solving for about 2 years and i don't thin I've lost touch with cubing.

4) I may not have successfully finished building a puzzle but I have a TON of puzzle ideas :wink:

5) I have about 7 puzzles and have 3 taken apart right now.

6) If I were to define boundaries i would say getting 12 more puzzles would be enough.

7) My most prized possessions in cubing are: my mom's original rubik's cube, and (most of you wont like this but) a 9x9.

8) The most monetary valued puzzle I have is the 9x9

9) All I have to say for favorite puzzle overall in cubing would be my 9x9

10) I don't really have any hobbies other than cubing except playing the game S4 League

11) There isn't really anything more interesting to me other than cubing but I'm sure I'll find something out. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm 

Hello:
I'm Brightneo Lite. For those who ask, I will not reveal any personal info other than my puzzles collection.
I came to this forum to discuss about puzzles collections mainly.
My reasons for collecting are:
-Having different puzzles
-Having Rare puzzles (as much as I can afford)
-being able to solve them
-Display them with joy!!

I plan opening a museum as My collection grows enough.

I'm an open guy and like discussing many things. So, if you have certain topic you want to talk about, feel free to PM me.
Cheers
BL

PD: I'm not a speedcuber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:58 pm 

I am 16 years old and live in Eaton Colorado my job currently is babysitting my sibbilings

My main interests in twisty puzzles is collecting and solving as many puzzles as possible.

I have been solving puzzles for about two years by now and I am currently learning more oll and pll cases.

I have built a 2x3 magic and a master magic. I am currently working on making an axis cube using the cut and paste method.

I have arround 30 puzzles in my collection and I would guess that they are worth arround $300 - $500.

I collect all types of logic and thinking puzzles as long as the puzzle dosn't cost more than $40 (with a few ecceptions like V-Cubes).

My favorite puzzle for sentimental reasons would not actually be my puzzle, but rather my Mom's 3X3 that she has had for a long time. This is my favorite sentimentally because it is the first Twisty Puzzle I learned to solve past a pyraminx.

My V-Cube 7 would probably be worth the most money on ebay.

a) 3X3, b) V- Cube 7, c) 3X3, d) V- Cube 7, e) Rubik's icon

My other hobbies are quite extencive, and include origami, tatting, crocheting, making chain maille, and knot tying.

I don't have many other things interesting about me other than that I am trying to learn basic programming. :)

The difference between knowledge and wisdom is humility.

Last edited by Uber Cuber on Tue May 25, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 pm 

26, Singapore, Inforcommunication Researcher, yong.hao.ng

Initially I got hooked after solving 3x3 without help.
After that I started collecting puzzles for more challenge.
But now I need to look into building them since I ran out of puzzles and the rare ones are rather expensive :?

I have been solving twisty puzzles for a little more than 2 years, but it is probably interesting to state that 1.5 years out of that has been spent solving the 3x3.
As for building, it is only a recent thing.

My girlfriend build a 1x2x2 and 1x1x3 (!) :lol: for me, stating the suitability of the difficulty.
Recently we made a 2x2x3 from a 4x4x4 but it lacks some finishing. Currently I am looking into building an axis cube.

Around 50 unique ones, probably in the 80s if I were to count in the mini 2x2, 3x3 and normal 3x3s which I prepared for building mods. As for cost... probably around 1000 SGD.

I used to collect some other random puzzles, but for now the only focus is on twisty ones.

Definitely the 3x3! It was my first puzzle and it posted the most challenge to me among all the puzzles... I took 1.5 years to solve it :?

Dogic? I have an 11 coloured one from mefferts.

a) Ultimate Skewb: I still don't have the "right" algorithm. I merely found 1 way to permutate the small parts and 1 way to permutate the big parts, so I need some time to go through the combinations :?

b) Meffert's Jing's Pyramind: So cute! :D

c) Megaminx: My best turning puzzle other than the basic nxnxn ones.

d) 3x3x3: Insanely difficult for a starting puzzle. :shock: Subsequent ones don't post much problems.

e) Bandaged cube: I have yet to find an algorithm for it, solving only on intuition.

I play Bridge! In fact I played in Singapore's youth team for 3 years or so. But not playing much recently due to work commitment. On top of that, I like to play all sorts of puzzles from online sources and my NDS.

Initially I was watching my girlfriend solving her 3x3 and I decided I should give it a try. I started solving it occasionally for about 1.5 years before I stumbled on an algorithm which my girlfriend told me is called a "sune" (or something like that).

I then solved the 3x3 solely using various combinations of the "sune" at different orientations. More importantly, I learnt some observation skills to help me solve the other puzzles. Many many puzzles are solved using almost entirely this "sune" technique (i.e. nxnxn and 12-sided puzzles).

I do not refer to any help for the puzzles, because I enjoy the challenge and won't mind if I can't ever solve them without help :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 pm 

16, England, Student, No eBay ID.

My main twisty puzzles interest is in collecting, but I also enjoy speedsolving.

I've been solving for about 2 years. I've been collecting for just below that.

Can't answer

I have 60 puzzle sin my collection. I would guess it costs approximately £150 - £200

I don't collect wooden puzzles. That's about it.

My favourite puzzle is my Skewb or Rubik's magic. I just love them

I'd go with my Golden cube.

a) Skewb
b) Rainbow cube or Jing's pyraminx
c) Modded V-6
d) Golden cube. I still can't solve it :lol:

I juggle, I hacky sack, I like watching wrestling.

I have taught 4 of my friends how to solve the Rubik's cube. One of which is learning 4L-LL. Other 3 sub 1 min.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:03 pm 

13, United Kingdom, Student, LBpuzzles
Mainly solving and collecting, but I would really like to get into building. I've come up with quite a few puzzle mechanisms.
I've been cubing since December of 2008 and haven't stopped since.
I've built a 1x2x3 Siamese cube, and what I plan to do in the near future for puzzle builds are:
Square-Ultimate (My own puzzle idea)
FF 3x3x5
Half Truncated Cube
Dino Cube
2 V-CUBE 6 Mods, and many more things!
I have 45 Puzzles, and 3 in the mail. I'm guessing on the verge of £500.
6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid? All twisty puzzles. No folding, gravity (I'd possibly have a Cubedron Classic), pinecone puzzles. Otherwise I'm fairly free. Just mainly twisty puzzles.
Pyraminx Crystal, when I get it :)
Pyraminx Crystal, when I get it :)
A. Gigaminx/3x3x4/Floppy Cube (PB: 0.10 seconds: proper scramble!)
B. Pyraminx Crystal, when I get it :)
C. V-CUBE 7
D. Gigaminx
E. Mozhi Diamond - It awesome, but not too awesome.
Card magic, plate spinning, rollerblading, unicycling.
I know the square root of 2 to 111 places off by heart :D

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:53 am 

28, Quebec, Programmer, pinkstarz1984 (not seller)

Solving and collecting.

It's been about 2 years i started learning what exists and how they are solved.

I never built a puzzle, although i would like too. I have a couple of ideas but my knowledge of creating is pretty close to 0 so I don't know what will happen to my ideas. :cry:

Well, i got about 30 twisty puzzles, but over 100 puzzles. I have no items worth a lot yet, i guess i could sell most of them for 5-10$, so probably around 500-1000$ US.

I'm intrigued by new algorithms to solve new puzzles, so i avoid having puzzles with the same concept of solving.

Right now, i got the mastermorphix that i enjoy...maybe because it's my most recent one, but it took me some time to get the feel that it's pretty much the same algo's as a 3x3x3.

I guess it would be Smaz's Heart.

a) Mastermorphix
b) Megaminx
c) 3x3x3 Speed Cube
d) Super Square-1
e) Brainstring - I though it would be easy.. i scrambled the whole thing, but i'm losing patience as it's not unscrambling itself like i would of expected.

Badminton, Running, Parkour...

What i would like to share: I'm a big fan of solving puzzles and i'm thinking of making a database with all puzzles (as much as possible anyways) and especially solutions to them, as i find hard to find good quality solutions sites. If anyone would like to join my adventure, let me know. :roll:

Vince :scrambled:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 pm 

1) Name, Age, location, profession, eBay ID?

Logan Kelly, 14 (15 on August 6th :)); Hastings, Minnesota; Student; rolldembones

Solving / collecting

I've been solving puzzles for 4 years

I've built: pillowed fisher cube, Hexagonal dipyramid, cuboctahedron. I'm working on: Hybrids (not really a mod though), and an evil twin 4x4.

32 puzzles. >$250

I'll collect anything except cast puzzles, and some random things (like babylon tower, and Hungarian rings (even though I have both of those :p))

My 25th aneversary 3x3 (R.I.P), because it was my first puzzle.

My Hexagonal dipyramid. (up for sale if anyone wants it!)

a) My type F-II b) My mf8 megaminx c) Tie between evil twin 4x4 and mirror blocks d) 3x3x4

There are things other than puzzles? jk, I like video games (call of duty, kingdom hearts (WHEN WILL KH3 COME OUT!!!), rock band), and sports (Basketball and Baseball).

Relient K is da bomb!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:03 am 

14, New York State, student, fmldents
mainly solving and collecting, but I'm trying to start modding.
I've been cubing straight for about a year now
I'm getting cubes to make
fused cube
evil twin 4x4x4
1x2x3
1x2x2
pillowed and inverted 3x3x3's
and many more to come!
I have about 30 puzzles probably worth about 300 dollars
6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid? All twisty puzzles.
I like practicaly all puzzles, not metal puzzles, not gravity puzzles, but any twisty, sliding or folding I like.
I like my alexanders star the best.
probably the alexanders star because it's old
I love my vcube 7 it's just a masterpiece
I love the cool color scheme on the alexanders star
I unicycle, juggle, and I'm going to order speed stacks soon.
hmm..... I'm homeschooled, and me and my friend enjoy memorizing pi together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next