Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:43 pm 

flambore wrote:
pelley wrote:
With a little trimming, I was able to use one of my 5x5x5 custom logo stickers on the V-Cube6.
Chris

That's false advertising, dude. :)

No, the sticker says "Pelley's Cube" and the cube belongs to Pelley.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:10 pm 

Cubegrrl, when will Vcube logos in black come out for the V5 - V7?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:21 pm 

chuckading wrote:

Two days ago: http://www.cubesmith.com/

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm 

Pelley... in the fine print under the sticker sets it reads... "Comes with white V-Cube logo."

My original question still stands for cubegrrl.

chuckading wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:51 pm 

That's a good question. They said they were holding off production in order to get the v-cube logos. So I assumed I would be getting a v-cube logo. Mine actually shipped today. But according to their site, they aren't making the black logos? The "standard" color for v-cubes is black, not white, since the cube is white. That is how it is shipped from v-cubes. And that is the color I wanted. But I guess they will not be shipping me a v-cube logo for my black side as I was expecting. Hopefully they will make the black logos available.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:04 pm 

chuckading wrote:
Pelley... in the fine print under the sticker sets it reads... "Comes with white V-Cube logo."

My original question still stands for cubegrrl.

chuckading wrote:

Hmmm, guess you may be right. When I read that, I took it the opposite way: A black sticker would have a "white V-Cube logo," whereas a white sticker would have a black V-Cube logo.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 pm 

Could the blank tile sheets be cut with a dremel like Scott suggested with a plastic plate?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 pm 

cubefan8 wrote:
Could the blank tile sheets be cut with a dremel like Scott suggested with a plastic plate?

Scott suggested using a razor blade, not a dremel for the plastic plate tile method.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:28 pm 

Cutting tiles with a razor blade would give you "sharp" corners, as opposed to rounded, but other than that, it would probably work fine. I think a dremel would be horrible. It would give you un-strait lines.

Cap-hits, not Cafits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:47 am 

pelley wrote:
A black sticker would have a "white V-Cube logo," whereas a white sticker would have a black V-Cube logo.

The stickers are white, with a black V.
Attachment:
vcubelogowhite.jpg
vcubelogowhite.jpg [ 35.53 KiB | Viewed 6368 times ]

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 am 

But it should be the other way. Black sticker and white V , but I guess this is just as fine :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:06 pm 

It's fine if you ordered the white stickers. But what if you ordered the "standard" black stickers? They should be the same (or at least similar) to the original stickers. A black sticker with a white "V". I don't understand why my order was delayed if they weren't going to make the v-cube logo. Maybe I should wait until it arrives. Perhaps they did make the v-cube logo as they said they were going to. But their site says otherwise right now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:10 pm 

Orders were delayed until the V-Cube logo was ready because we promised Verdes we wouldn't ship any stickers for his cubes until we had logos, whether the orders included logos or not.

We have the black logo on white, but have been having trouble getting the white logo on black. We're still working on it. When they are up, if you've already received an order that should have had a white logo on black vinyl, you'll be able to email us your transaction ID number and we will send you what you are owed for your sets. I don't know when those will be ready though.

We have logos for 5x5x5 V-cubes and will put a set on the site soon that will be a V-Cube set, and come with a V-cube logo instead of a Cubesmith logo. All V-Cube logos will eventually be available individually (in sets of 9) like the Cubesmith logos.

Hope this answers all the questions...This weeks been crazy trying to catch up on tiles, so I haven't checked here in a while...Let me know if you guys want to know anything else.
Thanks,
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm 

Thanks cubegrrrl! That explains it very well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 am 

upisno1 wrote:
The "standard" color for v-cubes is black, not white, since the cube is white. That is how it is shipped from v-cubes. And that is the color I wanted. But I guess they will not be shipping me a v-cube logo for my black side as I was expecting. Hopefully they will make the black logos available.

Just curious, why are people so excited to get the black logos? I mean, the cube already comes with one! I know the Cubesmith vinyl is thicker and probably better quality, but if it's just that one center logo, leave it on there. And if it's not centered, you can carefully peel it using the Scrape-Rite blade and re-apply it. I've restickered mine with white, but I saved my black V logos (in case I ever want to use them again) and they're all still in perfect shape.

Chris

Attachments:
black-v.jpg
black-v.jpg [ 15.81 KiB | Viewed 6026 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm 

Any progress on half truncated cube stickers

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:32 pm 

pelley wrote:
upisno1 wrote:
The "standard" color for v-cubes is black, not white, since the cube is white. That is how it is shipped from v-cubes. And that is the color I wanted. But I guess they will not be shipping me a v-cube logo for my black side as I was expecting. Hopefully they will make the black logos available.

Just curious, why are people so excited to get the black logos? I mean, the cube already comes with one! I know the Cubesmith vinyl is thicker and probably better quality, but if it's just that one center logo, leave it on there. And if it's not centered, you can carefully peel it using the Scrape-Rite blade and re-apply it. I've restickered mine with white, but I saved my black V logos (in case I ever want to use them again) and they're all still in perfect shape.

Chris

My center sticker is off-center AND misprinted (white ink missing in the "V").

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:18 pm 

Taylor wrote:
cubegrrrl,

I just got my order of 2 sets of 7x7 stickers and 1 set of 6x6 stickers. Were they supposed to come with V logo stickers? If so I didn't recieve any and I would love to get some.

Taylor

Logos are only included with sets that come with white for one of the sides. If you have white in your sets and are owed logos, email us the transaction ID number and we'll get them out to you. If you have no white, you'll have to wait until we offer another color logo (I'm not sure right now what Chris' plans are for that). As I've said before, if we offer a logo for a set you received that did not come with a logo when you ordered it, you will be able to send us the transaction ID number and we'll send one out to you.

Bigandrewgold wrote:
Any progress on half truncated cube stickers

Not yet...We're still trying to catch up on tiles and back orders, plus some jobs for the other company we run here. They are at the top of the list when we have time, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 pm 

We finally got the black V-Cube logos done (that is a white logo on black vinyl)
If you've already received a set with a black side instead of white and didn't get a logo and want a black logo, email me your transaction ID number and I'll get it out to you. This only applies to 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 stickers, not 5x5x5 sets, and we will only be doing this for a week or two, so get your email in quick :)
Logos are available to purchase in sets of 9, on either black or white vinyl, here:
http://www.cubesmith.com/logos.htm

We now have 5x5x5 V-Cube sets available. There's a standard set with a white logo, and a white cube set with a black logo. All other combination must be made using singles.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 pm 

Aww, I wanted a v-cube logo for my 3x3! Will V-cube logos in different sizes ever be available?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:25 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
We finally got the black V-Cube logos done (that is a white logo on black vinyl)
Any chance of a cubesmith logo on yellow tiles, any time soon? I'd like them for a white Eastsheen 4x4x4 as well as white V-Cube 5 ...
Cheers
Takrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:57 am 

ejisfun wrote:
Aww, I wanted a v-cube logo for my 3x3! Will V-cube logos in different sizes ever be available?

Probably not, as the V-Cubes are only available at this time in 5x5x5, 6x6x6, and 7x7x7 sizes.

takrl wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
Any chance of a cubesmith logo on yellow tiles, any time soon? I'd like them for a white Eastsheen 4x4x4 as well as white V-Cube 5 ...
Cheers
Takrl

Definitely soon...We've got some printed, just need to adhesive and punch them and get them on the site as soon as we have the time. I'll post here when they go up.

Thanks to DLitwin for providing us with some new sticker files...We'll have a few new vinyl sticker sets up as soon as I have the time to plot them and take pics and make pages for the site.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:08 am 

Any chance you could put up a an option for a 12-color set for the skewb ultimate?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:52 am 

kloopstomp wrote:
Any chance you could put up a an option for a 12-color set for the skewb ultimate?

Not any time soon, if at all. It gets too complicated on this end trying to offer (and remember the color schemes for) so many different sets, so for the less common puzzles we just offer the original color scheme as a set, and we have singles up so you can make any other color combination you want.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:44 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
takrl wrote:
Any chance of a cubesmith logo on yellow tiles, any time soon?
Definitely soon...We've got some printed, just need to adhesive and punch them and get them on the site as soon as we have the time.
Thanks, I'll order some more stuff when they're available ...
Cheers
Takrl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:49 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Remember guys: only one per customer so everyone has a chance to get them before they're gone. Thanks!

Are the light tiles fair game to order seconds on yet?

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:24 am 

pelley wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
Remember guys: only one per customer so everyone has a chance to get them before they're gone. Thanks!

Chris

Didn't these sell out a while ago?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:45 pm 

pelley wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:

Chris

At this point, yeah, go ahead...There's only about 25 or so sets left, so let's keep the orders for seconds to one per person, too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:45 am 

Hey, now that the white-on-black V-cube logos have been so nicely mastered, are there any plans to put white cubesmith logos on black stickers? I know there weren't before because the colour was turning out wrong, but I have your stickers on all my V-cubes, and they're great!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:59 am 

There's currently no option for V-CUBE 7 White Logos. The "Add to cart" points to "Black"...

Tim.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:35 pm 

That's what I'm talking about. White on black means white logo, black vinyl.
Like these, only cubesmith, and for the other cube sizes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:29 am 

JorickHorn wrote:
Hey, now that the white-on-black V-cube logos have been so nicely mastered, are there any plans to put white cubesmith logos on black stickers? I know there weren't before because the colour was turning out wrong, but I have your stickers on all my V-cubes, and they're great!

No, we probably won't be offering them...The problem is that with the lettering being so small, the color bleeds more than with the solid logo of the V-Cube.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:43 pm 

Hey guys,
Yellow tile logos are now available on the site for
3x3x3 (http://www.cubesmith.com/3x3x3tiles.htm),
4x4x4 (http://www.cubesmith.com/4x4x4tiles.htm), and
5x5x5 (http://www.cubesmith.com/5x5x5tiles.htm) puzzles.

If you don't see them, refresh the page, it sometimes takes a bit before it shows the updates.
These logos will only be offered as singles. We have no plans to offer a white cube tile set at this time. It's just too time consuming to create another tile set combination; it's much easier on our end to just sell single black tiles. Sorry if this is an inconvenience to you guys...

We've been getting quite a few emails complaining about not offering certain color combinations. I just want to mention that all sets offered on the site are offered as a convenience, as they are the color combinations that sell the most. It's just not feasible for us to offer every possible color combination (I have a hard enough time remembering what colors are in the sets we offer now :wink: ), which is why we offer singles so everyone can customize your cubes however you'd like.

Thanks to everyone for your patience as we try to get new stuff on the site. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:09 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Yellow tile logos are now available on the site
Great stuff, thanks! I'll get some with my next order ...
Cheers
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 am 

We've been getting a lot of emails lately from people with white Fisher Cubes wanting black stickers. Since we don't want to have to add 2 new sets (one for each pattern replaced with black), we are adding black singles, with one set of stickers in each pattern. (They are available now: http://www.cubesmith.com/FishersCube.htm )

What I'm wondering is whether those of you with Fisher Cubes are interested in having custom colors available for this cube. We don't want to add them if they're not really going to sell, but if there's enough interest, we can add singles in every color with one of each pattern on the single (similar to the way we offer Square-1 singles). Let me know here, and if enough of you want them, I can add them. Thanks!

Last edited by cubegrrrl on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:41 pm 

To be honest, I don't know how much of a market there will be for custom colors, but the black for the white cubes- that I can see definitely would have a market for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm 

Cubegrrrl: since you seem to be the rep for the Cubesmith site, I have a request: I would really like to see the maze cube as a full six color set (standard yellow opposite white color scheme) instead of just yellow. If I were to get a maze cube, I would probably be afraid to mix it up out of fear that I would never get it back to its solved state again.

Also, does the bright blue color scheme glow under a blacklight? I was thinking about getting the "Bright" set for my V-Cube 6, and then replacing the default blue with bright blue and the red with flourescent pink - It would be cool to have a cube that glows fiercely under UV light. Do the white stickers phosphores under UV light? Some white materials do and others don't. Anyway, I'll probably get the set with the black face on it for a stark contrast.

If things at your business get too busy to handle the load, you could hire an additional hand to help expand operations. I am very pleased with the textured Professor tiles I'd bought about a year and a half ago. I've since re-lubed my Rubik's 5x5x5 cube a couple of times with DuPont Silicone/Teflon spray, and the tiles didn't seem to be bothered at all by the residual oils. The cube turns so smooth now, and the colors are bright and gives the cube superior grip and a nice overall feel. I also recently ordered more textured tiles for my Eastsheen 2x2x2 and my Rubik's 3x3x3 & 4x4x4 cubes, as well as a few miscellaneous other items. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
Also, does the bright blue color scheme glow under a blacklight?

The bright blue is not flourescent blue. I think it was designed to mimic the current Rubik's brand stickers. The regular blue stickers are more like the navy blue of 80's cubes.

Flourescent blue would be great though!

And yes, Cubesmith white glows under a blacklight.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:20 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
I would really like to see the maze cube as a full six color set

This probably won't happen...The reasoning is a little hard to explain, but the way we print mazes now, we print the whole pattern at once on a piece of vinyl, then plot it into squares. If we were to offer a 6-color set, it would require printing the full maze pattern on each of the 6 colors, then plotting it, then cutting the pattern into 6 pieces (one for each side), then matching up the 6 patterns and 6 colors into a set. Then, for each set of 6 color sheets we printed, there'd be 6 different maze sets (minimum), the sets wouldn't all be the same...The better option would be to separate the 6 maze patterns for each side and create 6 new pieces of artwork and but then we'd have 6 new things to print, and it's just not time/cost effective.

stardust4ever wrote:
Also, does the bright blue color scheme glow under a blacklight? Do the white stickers phosphores under UV light?

Looks like pelley already partially answered this question, and honestly, you guys would know better than I would. I don't have a blacklight here at the shop (or even at home, for that matter), so I couldn't tell you.

stardust4ever wrote:
If things at your business get too busy to handle the load, you could hire an additional hand to help expand operations.

We've obviously considered the option, but with both of the businesses we run here, the 3 of us here pretty much have it under control. There's a huge list of stuff we'd like to get done, which we work on steadily...Occasionally we run out of stock on tiles or printed sticker sets and get a little behind on shipping orders, but overall, it's really not more than 3 people can handle.
I know you guys all want everything on our to-do list to be up ASAP, but it'd probably be more trouble trying to train someone to help us out than it is to just work a little harder and longer when it's necessary. As I've mentioned before, we got several new sticker patterns from DLitwin, and I've been working on getting those plotted out, pictures taken, and pages made for the site. Please bear with me...I do a lot of the site updates at home in my free time, and I've been having personal family issues lately that haven't left me with much free time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 pm 

All I'd like to see would be uncut tiles. Please? :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 pm 

cubefan8 wrote:
All I'd like to see would be uncut tiles. Please? :)

We are out of uncut material at the moment, and working on printing more. I plan to have a page up for uncut tiles as soon as we have material ready...Maybe the next week or so?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm 

Thanks! Can't wait to tile my V-cubes! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 pm 

Cubegrl- Any chance you guys will ever be making tiles with the Rubik's studio logo?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 pm 

flambore wrote:
Cubegrl- Any chance you guys will ever be making tiles with the Rubik's studio logo?

Probably...We have a few we did a long time ago, but I don't want to put them up until we have full stock. Maybe I'll do limited edition with what I have or something, then put them back up when we print more... I'll try to get that done next week, too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:15 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
flambore wrote:

Probably...We have a few we did a long time ago, but I don't want to put them up until we have full stock. Maybe I'll do limited edition with what I have or something, then put them back up when we print more... I'll try to get that done next week, too.

This sounds awesome. :) Hopefully I'll place an order soon, I need some new stickers for several of my puzzles.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:42 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
flambore wrote:

Can you reserve some for me, since I brought it up? :)
Sometimes stuff gets posted to the forum, and sell out before I even get there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 pm 

I just wanted to let you guys know that we will no longer be offering the Studio logo. We have received a request from Seven Towns Ltd to remove it, so the Studio sets will now come with a 'Cubesmith' logo, and the Studio logos on tiles will not be offered. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:22 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
I just wanted to let you guys know that we will no longer be offering the Studio logo. We have received a request from Seven Towns Ltd to remove it, so the Studio sets will now come with a 'Cubesmith' logo, and the Studio logos on tiles will not be offered. Sorry.

Aww! That's a shame, I don't get why they want you to stop offering it after it has been up such a long time. I really liked them.

Well it's a good thing I got quite a few before they went down. I guess working with Seven Towns is the best thing you can do, as you wouldn't want to get involved in legal stuff. Though I doubt they'd win it if they were to bring it to court, if they would at all.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:31 pm 

Cubegrrrl, I'm guessing that the Studio logo tiles will be a no-go from this point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:55 am 

chuckading wrote:
Cubegrrrl, I'm guessing that the Studio logo tiles will be a no-go from this point.

and the Studio logos on tiles will not be offered

You must be one very good guesser.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next