Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Rubik puzzles on eBay
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 4:32 am 

Check them out! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=302112122
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=302117014

L8r.

Post subject: Tim's magic puzzles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 2:05 pm 

Tim, just wondering about the Rubik's magic variations that you built for ebay a few weeks ago. How have you been joining the strands?

Post subject: Magic puzzles
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 4:26 am 

: Tim, just wondering about the Rubik's magic variations that you built for ebay a few weeks ago. How have you been joining the strands?

2 points. 1) It wasn't me who made the magic puzzles. I was selling them on behalf of a friend. 2) I'm afraid I don't understand the question. I did notice, however, that the modern OddzOn strands are apparently only half the length of the classic and clone strands. Do you mean how are the mini strands joined together to make a standard length one, or something else? If you clarify your question, I'll pass it along and post the answer here. L8r.

Post subject: Strands
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 10:44 am 

Sorry. What I meant was... Each strand on the magic is a loop. These loops on the offical puzzles are joined using a small steel sleeve which is crimped to hold the strand ends.

When your friend threads the puzzles he must use some method to fuse one end of a loop to the other end.

Post subject: Strands
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 8:30 am 

: Sorry. What I meant was... Each strand on the magic is a loop. These loops on the offical puzzles are joined using a small steel sleeve which is crimped to hold the strand ends.

: When your friend threads the puzzles he must use some method to fuse one end of a loop to the other end.

Oh, that! No, nothing like that. Everything used in the creation of the puzzles I've sold on eBay came from previous Rubik's Magic puzzles as far as I know. He's just really careful when he dismantles them and puts them back together. :) I'm not sure if he's broken any yet, and if so, what he's done to replace them. L8r.

Post subject: Darn!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 5:15 pm 

And to think I was getting excited reading this thread, thinking I would finally find a way to make my Master Magic.
Oh, it is to laugh...... at me anyway.

Post subject: Those little metal things....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 5:15 pm 

Those little metal things that are used to connect the threads on Rubik's Magic puzzles are called 'crimps' by fishermen. I did find some at a fishing shop but they were slightly too large. The guy in the shop said that they are generally not used on standard nylon line because if you are not careful the line gets crushed and breaks.