Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:08 pm 

I will do it, but I only have 6 and 7...I saw a V-cube at a competition that had the regular 5x5 stickers and they fit perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:08 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Hey guys,
so we still don't have our V-Cubes, but we want to get the stickers up on the site ASAP, so I need a volunteer... I need someone to put the stickers we have on their V-cube to make sure they fit okay. So if you want to resticker your cube, let me know. I will send out one each of the 5x5x5 set, 6x6x6 set, and 7x7x7 set, so the first person to claim the set will get it; if you have all 3 and want to try restickering all 3, that's fine, but I need them tested out ASAP so we can start selling them.

Reply here. The first to reply will get the sets. Thanks!

Yes I would like to try all three!

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:55 pm 

I'd gladly resticker my 7x7, but either way, I'm totally stoked you guys will have them for sale soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm 

professorcube5x5 wrote:
I will do it, but I only have 6 and 7...I saw a V-cube at a competition that had the regular 5x5 stickers and they fit perfect.

Email me your mailing address to orders@cubesmith.com, with the subject V-Cube sticker sample, and I'll get you out a set of 6s and 7s. Thanks!

pelley wrote:
I did resticker my 5x5x5 with flourescent:

Does it seem like our standard 5x5x5 stickers are the right size for the 5x5x5 V-cube? If so, then I'll just update the site to specify that they work, and we won't have to make a new set of stickers for the cube.

Thanks to everyone else who volunteered, but professorcube5x5 had the quickness :D
I'll let you guys know when the stickers are on the site.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:19 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
pelley wrote:
I did resticker my 5x5x5 with flourescent:

Does it seem like our standard 5x5x5 stickers are the right size for the 5x5x5 V-cube? If so, then I'll just update the site to specify that they work, and we won't have to make a new set of stickers for the cube.

Yeah, I think the existing universal 5x5x5 stickers are still good. Just a hair smaller than V-Cubes own stickers.

cubegrrrl wrote:
Thanks to everyone else who volunteered, but professorcube5x5 had the quickness :D
I'll let you guys know when the stickers are on the site.

Um, didn't I reply first?

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:26 pm 

pelley wrote:
Um, didn't I reply first?
Chris

Sorry, you just mentioned the 5x5x5s...I saw you'd replied first, but didn't mention wanting the stickers...Send me your mailing address and I'll send you some too. Do you have a 6 and a 7? What country are you in?

Also, forgot to ask professorcube5x5: what country are you in?

If one of these 2 isn't in the US, I'll need to find someone who is to get these stickers on a cube ASAP, since international shipping sometimes takes a while.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:29 pm 

Yes I'm in the US. California in fact :P

I sent the address to the email.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 pm 

Great...I see you're both in the US. I will be sending the stickers tomorrow, as the mail's already gone out today, but you should have them by the weekend. As soon as you get a chance, sticker the cubes and post a pic if possible. If they are sized correctly, I should be able to get them on the site within the next week or 2. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:42 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Great...I see you're both in the US. I will be sending the stickers tomorrow, as the mail's already gone out today, but you should have them by the weekend. As soon as you get a chance, sticker the cubes and post a pic if possible. If they are sized correctly, I should be able to get them on the site within the next week or 2. Thanks!

Will do. Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:19 pm 

Just got my sets in the mail!

I'm sitting down to resticker now. Initial comparisons with existing V-Cube stickers look good. I think these will be perfect.

I'm going to do the 7x7x7 first, starting with yellow, orange and green. Then I'll checkerboard it and post a photo so you can compare Cubesmith with original V-Cube. Stay tuned...

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:21 pm 

I also got mine, and need to sit down and sticker them...Its a heckuva lot of stickers!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:26 pm 

I sure hope they fit good! :D Cuz then they will be in stock soon :P I will order many other things then too!!! :!:

Post subject: Orange
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:28 pm 

Okay, orange is done. The flourescent colors look great against the white plastic. Stickering this beast is tough, because the pieces have a lot of imperfections on the surface. What many of us perceived as air bubbles are actually bumps in the plastic.
Attachment:
orangev7.jpg
orangev7.jpg [ 40.51 KiB | Viewed 5582 times ]

Anyway, the Cubesmith stickers are the right size, virtually indistinguishable from the stock V-Cube sticker size. I'll keep stickering and posting photos, but I'd say these are ready for sale as is!

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:28 pm 

thanks for the fast stickering and posting:D Looks very nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:18 pm 

OK, now orange, yellow, and green are done. These are the flourescent ones. The black, red, and blue are the original V-Cube stickers. I have checkerboarded it and shown it from both sides so you can see both the odd and even stickers next to the non-Cubesmith stickers for comparison.

Attachment:
vcube7checker1.jpg
vcube7checker1.jpg [ 41.92 KiB | Viewed 5545 times ]
Attachment:
vcube7checker2.jpg
vcube7checker2.jpg [ 42.26 KiB | Viewed 5543 times ]

Next up, the 6x6x6!

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:58 pm 

And here's the V6 with Cubesmith flourescent orange. Looks killer. This one is easier to sticker and again the size is a perfect fit. Thanks for the opportunity to beta test! You know I'll be ordering more sets :D
Attachment:
orangev6.jpg
orangev6.jpg [ 43.82 KiB | Viewed 5522 times ]
Attachment:
vcube6checker1.jpg
vcube6checker1.jpg [ 43.39 KiB | Viewed 5519 times ]

More photos later when I get the rest on...

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:25 pm 

I'm waiting to see how small the Cubesmith logo is on the 7x7 stickers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:10 pm 

Calzone wrote:
I'm waiting to see how small the Cubesmith logo is on the 7x7 stickers.

They haven't made any yet. I have my "Pelley's CUBE" stickers for the 5x5x5 and even trimming them they would not fit a 7x7x7.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:19 pm 

I found stickers for a 6x6x6 here. I wouldn't order them though. It says they're for a 6x6 Eastsheen! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:37 pm 

Glad to see they all fit so well (that makes my job easier :D )
Thanks for your quickness with the pics Pell, much appreciated.

Well, since they fit so well, I will be plotting them this week and trying to get them on the site by the weekend. Please don't email me asking when they'll be up or if you can have a sample :) I've gotten about 100 emails about them since I posted about samples here! We are done giving out samples, but thanks to everyone who offered to help. I will have them up for sale as soon as I can. Chris will be out of town all week, though, so it's all on me to get it done, along with everything else that needs to be done around here...Please be patient with us...We're trying to get them done ASAP (We still don't even have our V-Cubes :( )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:37 pm 

You should really call DHL to ask about that shipping status. Its been a LONG time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:56 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Well, since they fit so well, I will be plotting them this week and trying to get them on the site by the weekend.

What other custom colors will you do? Bright blue would be nice...

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 pm 

We'll offer the 6's and 7s in all of the vinyl colors we offer the 3s, 4s, and 5s in. The 7 sets now offered for the other sizes will be available, as well as all of the custom color singles.

I will bug Chris again to call DHL before he leaves town, but we haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation or tracking number yet. I emailed Verdes, but I know they're busy, so we're trying to be patient.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 pm 

I got enough of my 6x6 stickered to get a pic of it. It fits perfectly!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:54 pm 

Very nice stickered of both of you guys, really straight and perfect. I am a freak about these things, looks perfect :)

I cant wait to stickers these, I will prob go crazy after the first side.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm 

I can wait to do it again. Its a LOT of stickers.

3 more sides to do on the 7x7 and I'm done!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:03 pm 

cubegrrl, what's the status of the Skewb/Skewb ultimate stickers?

http://www.cube4you.com
http://www.omega.url.tw/onlineshop
http://www.edsthinkshop.com/twisty/rubiksforsale.html
http://www.rubikshop.com
http://www.rubikskorea.com
http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm 

Chris has been out of town this past week, and won't be back until Tuesday, so no new artwork has been created. When he gets back, we'll be working to print tiles, since we're a little behind from our material shipment being late...It'll probably be a couple more weeks for the skewbs

...But, the 6s and 7s should be up by next weekend. I was hoping for this weekend, but it's been crazy with Chris gone, so I haven't had much time to make the pages for the site. I'll let you guys know when they're up (the light tile sets will be up at the same time)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:06 am 

Thanks for keeping us in the know about what it happening, and when stuff should be available. I really appreciate it. :)

Cap-hits, not Cafits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:59 pm 

Just wanted to let you guys know about the shipping update we just added to the site...(Most of you won't be affected by this, but in case you are, I wanted you to be able to have a place to ask us about it)
We have a lot of issues with international orders not arriving. Most countries have no problems, but a few seem to repeatedly have delivery problems, so we have been trying to find a better shipping method.
We tried adding customs forms for international orders, but that doesn't help, since the US is the only country that seems to be scanning them for tracking.
We really don't want to stop offering international shipping because a few countries can't play nice :), so the best we could come up with is this (which can be found on our home page):

***IMPORTANT SHIPPING UPDATE***
After attaching customs forms to international orders for the past few weeks, we have determined that this is a useless effort, as only the US postal service scans the forms for tracking.
We do not want to stop shipping internationally, but we are losing a lot of packages due to unreliable postal service in other countries, with no way to track them down or verify that they were even shipped.
**As of today, orders shipping to the Philippines and Malaysia* are not guaranteed.**
This means if you order from one of these countries, it is at your own risk, and your order will not be reshipped if it does not arrive. We recommend selecting the Priority shipping option at checkout, as that tends to be a lot more reliable, and usually arrives in a week or so.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the postal service in these countries is too unreliable and too many packages are never arriving. If the problem persists, we will be forced to discontinue shipping to these countries.
*Other countries may be added if they are determined to have unreliable postal delivery.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions about this...I know it's an inconvenience for people in the Philippines and Malaysia, but the issue has become so great that we've been considering discontinuing international shipping to some or all countries - something we really don't want to do, but will if we have to. Hopefully this will solve most of the problems we've been having.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:07 pm 

I don't live in the Phillipines or Malaysia, but in Hong Kong. Now I have had packages that haven't arrived here, and it is frustrating. (Most of my no shows come from Japan). YOu could put on there that if they do decide to order it is there responsibility to double check the address is correct, and that they should notify the post office that the package is coming. That usually helps with the problem.
For example, I live at (ficticious address)

29 H Block 7
Riviera Towers
13 Jones Street
TST, HK

Now we know there are 7 towers at least, so if this is left off, I don't get my package, the same goes for the lettter H. That means there are 7 other flats minimum in the building.

I have contacted my post office every time I have something coming and let them know in advance. I think they appreciate it because they don't have a dead package, and I love it because I get my package.

Just my 2 cents worth.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:11 pm 

Thanks for the advice, I will add that to the site. Hopefully it'll help....The problem is that we just don't know how things work in other countries, so if you guys continue to let us know what works best in your country, we will try our best to work with you to ensure you get your packages.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:06 pm 

hello,

i just noticed that when you click on the 2x2 tile set it says 3x3x3 tile sets here

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:50 pm 

Haha :) Thanks...Another cut and paste error...

Anyway, the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 stickers are now up on the site, as well as a new set for all cube sizes: The White Cube Bright Set. It includes black, red, blue, fluorescent yellow, fluorescent orange, and fluorescent green. Where logos are available, they will come with a red logo.

*If you can't see the new pages, hit F5 to refresh*

I am expecting a rush of orders, as always happens when new stuff goes up, since these stickers have been anticipated for a while. Please do not be surprised if orders take a little longer to be filled over the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:58 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
(the light tile sets will be up at the same time)

What is a light tile set?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 pm 

pelley wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
(the light tile sets will be up at the same time)

What is a light tile set?

I thought I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but now I can't find it...
We have some material left over from a custom job Chris did a long while back. It is the same material as our smooth tiles, but it is printed in light blue, light green, purple, light orange, and pink. We punched everything we had into 3x3x3 tiles, and together with a white tile, we made about 25 or so sets. We will have a few more singles available in most colors, but the light green wasn't well printed, so that limited the amount of sets we were able to make. These sets will be available only while supplies last, and limited to 1 per customer...I'm sure some of you will try to find ways around that :), but we want to try to get these sets to as many different people as possible to get feedback from as many people as possible. I'm sure they'll sell out quickly and be well-received (I hope)...As soon as we have the time we'll try to get more printed, but as I've mentioned to many of you in the past, we have a hard enough time keeping the 6 standard colors in stock.

Right now, we are still waiting on our delivery of smooth material, and already working on printing our textured material. We are out of pretty much all tiles (we have a few 3x3x3 smooth and a few 4x4x4 textured, but they'll probably be gone before we get the new tile material printed), and working like crazy this week to get the 6 colors printed, plus a coat of white on the back, then adhesive, then they have to be chopped into squares, then punched into tile sets...And we have to do it for the 2 different tile materials...As you can see, we're very busy :) I'll try to get the light sets up as soon as I have the time, but I spent half of today finishing up the pages for the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 stickers for the site, so I need to catch up on shipping some orders when we're not printing... I'll let you guys know when they're up (it might not be until next week, sorry :? )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:37 pm 

These light tiles sound awesome. :D I'll be trying to get myself a set for sure. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm 

Hey guys,
In our haste to get the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 stickers up, we hadn't yet had the chance to talk to Verdes about it. Now that we have, we've agreed not to ship any sets without the V-Cube logo. We will leave the stickers on the site for purchase, as it's more trouble to explain to everyone why they were up then down than to just hold orders for a week or two. We hope to have the logos printed next week or the week after, and 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 sets will ship after that. Sorry for any inconvenience...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 pm 

Can you guys still make some with CubeSmith logos?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:35 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Hey guys,
In our haste to get the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 stickers up, we hadn't yet had the chance to talk to Verdes about it. Now that we have, we've agreed not to ship any sets without the V-Cube logo.

I'm assuming this is a courtesy Cubesmith is extending to Verdes? I wouldn't think that an 'after market' product would need to bear the same logo.

Also, does this mean you can spend this time getting the "light tiles" up on the site? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:48 pm 

Bounb wrote:
flambore wrote:
Any chance Chris will be doing Eastsheen 2x2 tiles?

I am not informed on Cubesmith's exact infrastructure, but I don't think this can be too hard. I imagine Chris has an automated plotter cutter of some sort so he could just output the eastsheen 2x2 sticker file and cut tile material.
That having been said though, perhaps for tiles he cuts it with expensive die cutting equipment which would require a new die. I'm sure there is some problem or we've had them.

Also - an idea
Some sort of applet that allows you to colour the sides of a blank cube using the colours that cubesmith stickers come in to see how it looks. Yes, a novelty but fun

Eastsheen 2x2 tiles

As i recall someone from the forum donate some money to Chris so he could make the die for the eastsheen 2x2.

4x4:PB:2:38.XX |
5x5:PB:4.52.XX |

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm 

tattooed wrote:
Can you guys still make some with CubeSmith logos?

We will not be offering 'Cubesmith' logos for 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 V-Cubes.

Calzone wrote:
I'm assuming this is a courtesy Cubesmith is extending to Verdes? I wouldn't think that an 'after market' product would need to bear the same logo.

That's correct

Calzone wrote:
Also, does this mean you can spend this time getting the "light tiles" up on the site? :D

Hehehe...I'm trying to get caught up on everything else before I put them up. Since I only have a limited quantity on those, I need to be able to keep track of the sales so I can take them off the site as soon as they're out of stock. At this point, I'm thinking I will put them up Monday (maybe?). I'll let you guys know.

khjs534 wrote:
As i recall someone from the forum donate some money to Chris so he could make the die for the eastsheen 2x2.

Offers were made, but no donations were sent/accepted specifically for the purpose of ordering the Eastsheen die (in fact, we've never asked for donations, and have only received them from dextir). What happened was that Chris realized how high the demand for the Eastsheen tiles was, so he decided to make that the next die he ordered. We are always trying to expand, and offer as many products as possible. With the vinyl, it's only a matter of creating the artwork and plotting a new set of stickers with material we already have (which still takes time, but not as much up front cost). With the tiles, however, it's a matter of ordering a die, and it's hard to put up so much money up front, and hard to find the time to create (print, adhesive,cut, and punch) new tile sets. We are always looking into more efficient methods and are always doing everything we can to get you guys all the stickers/tiles you want :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 pm 

Calzone wrote:

cubegrrrl wrote:
Hehehe...I'm trying to get caught up on everything else before I put them up. Since I only have a limited quantity on those, I need to be able to keep track of the sales so I can take them off the site as soon as they're out of stock. At this point, I'm thinking I will put them up Monday (maybe?). I'll let you guys know.

If they are in fact so limited, why not just take orders through this forum (order from here and pay as usual). That would save you two changes to the website. (Let this post serve as order #1) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:07 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Offers were made, but no donations were sent/accepted specifically for the purpose of ordering the Eastsheen die (in fact, we've never asked for donations, and have only received them from dextir). What happened was that Chris realized how high the demand for the Eastsheen tiles was, so he decided to make that the next die he ordered. We are always trying to expand, and offer as many products as possible. With the vinyl, it's only a matter of creating the artwork and plotting a new set of stickers with material we already have (which still takes time, but not as much up front cost). With the tiles, however, it's a matter of ordering a die, and it's hard to put up so much money up front, and hard to find the time to create (print, adhesive,cut, and punch) new tile sets. We are always looking into more efficient methods and are always doing everything we can to get you guys all the stickers/tiles you want :)

I remember you never asking for them, and it was dextir i was referring to, his name escaped me at the time, all well that ends well.

4x4:PB:2:38.XX |
5x5:PB:4.52.XX |

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 pm 

Gotta love Cubesmith<<<3!

I like to think of Cubesmith as a source that brings life to my puzzles, and you cant really put a price on that can you :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 am 

I am just wondering but will we ever see half truncated cube stickers.

Andrew

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:28 am 

Bigandrewgold wrote:
I am just wondering but will we ever see half truncated cube stickers.

Andrew

I am not sure, but I think it would work with the Cuboctahedron stickers? Arnt a half turncated cube cut the same way? but only 2 corners are cut instead of all 4? I maybe way off here, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:06 pm 

Half truncated cubes are generally truncated deeper than cuboctahedrons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 pm 

Maybe the corner stickers from the master cuboctohedron set would work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 pm 

For those of you who got the sample 7x7x7 stickers, are there any tips to applying them? I actually have a sheet from v-cubes that I am going to replace (mine weren't aligned properly, and they sent me some new black stickers).

The reason I am asking for tips is because these stickers are so small, and I don't have small fingers. Is there a tool you can use? Maybe a toothpick or something that would help? I am just looking for advice on placing these things squarely as easily as possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next