Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Update on cubiods
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:43 pm 
Well a few of you seemed intrested before so I thought I'ld tell you whats happening. Work is going slowly on makeing the fisher cubeiods, not because of problems but simply because I'm a slow kind of person. But my prototype is now done and although it seems to be fine, I've come across a problem. I don't think I realized exaclty how little free space there would be inside the puzzle. From the looks of it I may have to create an entirely new 3x2x2 system to base my 4x3x2 on, but that shouldn't be a really big problem. It just means that at the moment I'm set up better for makeing a 5x2x2 then the 4x3x2 that I want.

My real problem is that I don't know where to get polyurethane and silicone, there is no outlet near here to get it from, and every website I check just tells me about places to get it none of which are in Maine. What is a good place that ships? If I'm going to make anything worth getting I need to get something better then polyester.

Thanks for any help,
Chris Witham

Post subject: Polyurethane source
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 5:59 pm 

http://www.clayartcenter.com/synair.htm

They're prompt and courteous.

Here's what I purchased from them:

Pour A Mold S333
Pour A Kast Mark15
Synlube 531

Wayne Johnson uses PAK Mark2 I believe. I'm not quite as confident in my own pouring skills so right now I'm using the Mark15 although my next order will probably be Mark3 or maybe Mark2.

Their web page online ordering is kind of messed up so I recommend calling them. Some of the products listed in their PAM page is obsolete and some of the links don't work anyway.

Post subject: PAK2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:59 pm 

Pak 2 is a nice plastic but the pot life is way too short. Go for PAK 3.