Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Megaminx Ball for Trajber Octahedron
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 9:04 pm 

Yesterday I´ve got a Trajber Octahedron and Rubiks Cheece for my own collection - great!
Another puzzle-friend from germany (Jürgen Brand) also want a octahedron and he want to swap it for a Megaminx-Ball.
Can anybody help?

Post subject: congratulation.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 2:40 pm 
congratulation.
Your collection is great.
I have never seen Trajber Octahedron and Rubiks Cheece.
I want to know where did you get that puzzles.

Post subject: DCC01
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 11:09 pm 

The puzzles are from the dutch cube day 2001.
I´ll show pictures on monday.

Post subject: Dutch Cube Day
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 12:36 am 

Is Dutch Cube Day for members only? Do collectors offer puzzles for sale, or for trade only? How do I find out where it will be next year?

Post subject: Untitled
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 8:58 am 

Yes it´s only for members of NKC. There you can find about 100 other puzzle-people to buy, sell and swap puzzles. It´s every year in october in a other city in the netherland. Information you can find in the newsletter of the club, CFF (cubism for fun).

Post subject: What is the NKC??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 4:45 pm 

Could you please explain what NKC stands for?

Post subject: NKC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 12:45 pm 

NKC means Nederlandse Kubus Club (netherlands cube club).

Post subject: More information about NKC and the Dutch Cube days
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:45 pm 

In addition to the information already given by Hendrik Haak, please allow me, as secretary of the NKC and co-organiser of the Dutch Cube Days, to give some more information about the NKC and the Dutch Cube Days.

The NKC is an abbreviation of the “Nederlandse Kubus Club” which translates as Dutch Cubists Club.
The NKC was founded in 1981, initially mainly for Rubik’s Cubes and related puzzles. Main activities were regular informal meetings by members and a small periodical (in Dutch and initially mainly with “cube-moves” and solution methods).
After a couple of years, with decreasing general interest in Rubik’s Cubes, the number of members decreased and it was decided within NKC to also include non-Rubik Cube type of puzzles and to change to the English language.
At present, NKC has about 400 members of which approximately half from The Netherlands and half from various other countries from all over the world.
The membership-fee is USD15 per year for which members receive 3 times per year a periodical (typically of about 32 A5-pages each) with information on various kind of (new) puzzles, solution methods etc.
The name of this periodical is CFF (Cubism For Fun).
To apply for a membership of NKC, please contact the treasurer of NKC, Mrs Maria van Grol (e-mail: maria @van-grol.myweb.nl). More information about CFF can also be found on the following website: http://www.crosswinds.net/~cubismff/.
The NKC is each year (mostly in October) organising a so-called “Cube Day” which originates from the initial informal meetings of members.
The days are always held in The Netherlands and typically some 100 members participate, mostly from Western Europe, but this year e.g. also members from Russia and Taiwan participated and in the past members from e.g. the USA and Japan have participated as well.
The “Cube Days” are still relatively “informal”. Typically there will be some 30-40 “tables” by members with puzzles for exchange or trade. Usually there are also some lectures, this year including lectures on the “IPP-puzzles”, “Puzzles from China”, “Puzzles from Mongolia” and “Dissections of Squares and Cubes”.
An impression of the Cube Days can be found on Hendrik Haak’s website
(http://www.puzzle-shop.de/start-museum.html) and on the website of Ale Sytsma (http://members.chello.nl/a.sytsma01).
The Cube Days are intended for members and friends introduced by members.
The date and location of the next Cube Day are not yet known, but will be announced in CFF.
For additional information, feel free to contact me.

Geert Hellings