Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fused cubes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:35 am 

Hi all,

Could somebody tell me if there is really something particularly horrible about my fused cubes. And why is it that much different from previously created fused cubes?
As I only recieved one very sarcastic feedback with no constructive suggestions.
Cheers,
Vadim

Post subject: Re: Fused cubes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:14 am 
I think you mat be mis reading _pinks reply. I think he was just commenting on how wierd it looks. I don't think he was being sarcastic.

Persionally I like it, it is kinky looking but you must have known that before you built it. I look well build. The only thing I would say is that if I was going to build a fused type puzzle I would want both puzzles to twist differently to the regular versions. Here the larger 3x3x3 acts as normal.

I would have to come up with something very different before I took the time to build fused cubes. It is so much quicker to bandage a puzzle for the same effect. eg I would never spend the time and money (~$60) to make siamese 5x5 when 30sec and a piece of sellotape can make the same puzzle (technically) and it is removable.

It all comes down to what floats your boat.

Max

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:01 am 

Thanks both,

1.No, I haven't messedit up yet.
2.I would say there are 2 mixed types of twists as small one is bandaged and the big one is not. Plus I was not creating it to be harder or anything. It's just different, that's all. I think it's nice that people on this site create such a variety of mods. From sticker mods(not a different shape) to one like Golden cube (completely new shape).
3.If there was no sarcasm in -pink's reply, I don't get where the surgery fits in at all.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Vadim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:26 am 
Maybe the little one looks like it needs to be surgically removed from the big one. Like a tumor.

I think it looks more like asexual reproduction than mother and baby ;)

Max

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:35 am 

I think its kinda cute. Looks like the mama cube carrying the baby cube. Looks like you did an excellent job on fusing the 2 together. have you scrambled it yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:26 am 

Hey, I like it... it's just that it looks like a growth on the big cube's head... I didn't mean anything slanderous about it and I'm sorry if my remarks were taken that way. My usual lifestyle if full of fun and pranks and sarcastic remarks. You will learn that about me if anything from my cyber-communications. I would like to see picts of the construction if you have any. Please forgive me for coming off harsh in my first reply my friend. You and I (as well as others here) are all in the same boat... creators of wonderful gizmos... take care and hope to see more of your puzzles in the future.

_pink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:17 pm 
Vadim, I thought of a good name for this thing. How about MiniMe, as in Austin Powers movies.

Max